Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

 _

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am


Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 3622367 times)

Tack

  • Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19665 on: October 21, 2013, 10:13:45 am »

((Now now. We can turn this around, PR-wise. Say... We liberated the facility, and then the UWM destroyed countless amounts of property (Not sure there was any civilians at that bay anymore) out of spite.))
Logged
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19666 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:21 am »

PFP - too busy or confused to write on what to write.

Follow Anton's directive. Activate the rockets and aid the civilians.
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Kriellya

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19667 on: October 21, 2013, 12:02:41 pm »

((Now now. We can turn this around, PR-wise. Say... We liberated the facility, and then the UWM destroyed countless amounts of property (Not sure there was any civilians at that bay anymore) out of spite.))

(( That's a wonderful observation. Technically, it won't even be a lie! Let's just ignore who brought the nuke to begin with. :P ))
Logged

Parisbre56

  • Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19668 on: October 21, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »

((Remember that link to a beautiful nuclear bomb detonation simulator piecewise posted a while back? Here's one in 3d...

EDIT: The 2D one))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:22:40 pm by Parisbre56 »
Logged
My projects & Sigpost
RETURN TO SENDER. REASON: APE TOO ANIME.
Quote from: Ozarck
Requesting the transfer of one Anime Ape to Sanitation Department.
Jon puts in a request for personnel transfer. Under the "Why" section he writes "Because it would be wicked sweet."

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19669 on: October 21, 2013, 01:07:13 pm »

((The link doesn't seem to be working.))

EDIT:

((You might need to reload it. And you need to download the Google Earth attachment thing.))
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:14:07 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

  • Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19670 on: October 21, 2013, 03:19:18 pm »

Gorat nods. "Yes, that's all right. Let's do it. Since we're here already, let's start with number 4, and 1 of course. Can we jump on the gangway from here? Steve, can we get a floorplan of our immediate surroundings?"

Look out the window at the gangway. Does it look like we could jump out the window onto the gangway relatively safely? Also, ask Steve.
Logged
Direforged Mod v1.3b for 0.43.05 (Updated Dec 28th 2016)
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations for 0.42.06 (Updated Mar 27th 2016)
Castle Otu

Devastator

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19671 on: October 21, 2013, 04:00:47 pm »

"Yeah, you're right, Gorat.  Basic rule is to always secure your line of retreat."

Leo thinks for a moment.

"Hey, maybe we got their ship with that nuke."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:04:48 pm by Devastator »
Logged

BFEL

  • Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19672 on: October 21, 2013, 06:47:21 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING runs around in circles. Then he hears the nuke go off.

"Well at least SOMEONE is doing something fun."
Logged
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19673 on: October 21, 2013, 11:37:08 pm »

"Come along with me... and the butterflies and bees..."

Sing gently, await repairs.
"Love that show." Maurice replies, returning with a new leg. He removes the entire damage limb and then affixes the new one. "Modular designs sure are helpful eh?"

He removes some muscle fibers and replaces them before recoating the damaged pieces in the flexible plastic lacquer that covers the rest of you.

"All done. Anything else?"


Thomas, hearing the rumbling, looks around curiously, as well as fearfully. He looks upwards.
"Steve? What was that rumbling? Did somebody fuck up? Are we all going to die?"

>You'll be fine. On a completely unrelated note, please shoot the man named Teal in the knee next time you see him.



-home team-

Pan notices his metallic frame rattling, and briefly looks towards the sky

"Heads up, shitstorm incoming"
"The meatbags have wrought wanton destruction, endangering the mission and themselves. I expected nothing less."

"Yup, someone fucked up. They're sure to attack us now"

Be in cover, get ready to deflect attacks with my amp. Get ready to kick sod ass and chew bubblegum. And I can't even chew bubblegum.

There are nukes going off and buildings burning down and all sorts of fun shit and here you are, on guard duty, warming a bench. You hope the retaliation comes soon. That will be fun.


Charles continues spasming in an intimidating manner.
((Admittedly, I can't do much until enemies get within earshot of him :P))
"The dice made me do it!"
You spasm until you appear to be doing the worm. Funky.


Join skylar. Try to contact Steve. Give Skylar gauss rifle if he/she wants it.

"Skylar, status report. Also, does thing have weapons? Also, you saved our asses. As a token, have this gauss rifle if you want."

On radio: "Still there Steve?"
You pry yourself off the wall and Join Skylar in the cockpit.

>Of course. Though your team is going to be on manual labor duty for quite a while to repair the damage they've done.



Hide the drone in the hallway outside the door, look and wave at the guys defending the gangway.  Stop when/if the sound of the explosion reaches me.

"What the hell was that?"
You stash your drone buddy and then wave out the window at the guys down on the gangway. You stop waving when the building starts shaking and you hear a distant rumble. Huh, wonder what that is.


"Hrmm. Not my fault. Right, question time, what did I miss and who just fucked up?"

Go find the Armory Master, and ask her for tips about dealing with mindfuckery beyond the obvious "Don't let it happen", and if she knew anything about flaming things babbling on about tv shows. Then head back to the lobby of the building, find cover, and keep watch for suspicious things.

((Damn. Steve really is having a bad day. Also, ya may wanna check for cameras in the ship.))
"Thats probably timmy. And thats probably bad news. Try not to let him out. I'll have to actually do something if you do. Also the best way to deal with mindfucking in progress is pain or unconsciousness. Shock to the system."


(( Tack. Thank you for sending me that message. I would not have changed it otherwise, and that was epic. XD ))

Just like remote heart surgery. Exactly like, even.... Fuck. Alright then. Steve, this is team Mystery. We have the ship. That repair dock is probably completely ruined, but... we have the ship. Can you give me a course to put this thing down please? I feel like I'm going to attract unwanted attention the longer I'm up here, though I'm a little leery about approaching the Sword unless the roof-tops are clear. Bringing this back over to a nuke-tipped LESHO sounds like a poor idea.

Hey, everyone alright back there? We seem to be good for now, though I doubt that will be true for long. Search around for whatever Steve was hoping we'd find here while I figure out what our next move is.

And I appreciate the offer, Jack, but keep that thing away from me until we're done. I'm... not good with guns, and I'd rather leave that in the hands of someone who can actually use it until we're back on the Sword.

And Teal? If you get anywhere near me right now, I will have Steve render you unconscious. No offense. Could everyone else make sure he stays away as well, and send the order to Steve to bring him down if he approaches the cockpit?


Follow Steve's instructions on where to bring the ship. Watch for enemy action.

If Steve doesn't have any suggestions, spend some time familiarizing myself with the ship's controls and abilities, then slow down and look for somewhere mostly clear to set her down for now.


(( Also, for everyone's help, can I get a sound off of who is on this ship?
By my count, I have me, Tavik, Doom, & Tack ))

>As I see it you've got a few options. Someone on that ship should start scanning the data immediately, but the ship itself may be useful. I'm not sure if it has any weapons- if it does they're probably fairly minimal- but it could be used to scout around. If you want, you could do some scouting for the other teams. Or just land it near the ship. Or one then the other, your choice.

Just try not to crash it.



"I'll go take care of Teal. He wont be bothering you."

Keep Teal out of Skylar's way, and evaluate damage to self.
If you had nerves anymore they would be screaming. Luckily you don't. Luckily you're a robot and shrapnel, while quite the embuggerance to fleshy things that die if you so much as put a few holes in them or cut off a limb, is much less annoying to you. You're battered and definitely not 100%, your left arm is only working about half the time and jittery at that, and you're gonna need more synthetic muscle on your chest, but otherwise, you're alright. Holey, but alright.


Well duh I want something more interesting, but I need to kill that fish guy first. If you put me in a robot body and I killed him would you give me the alterations still, or only if I keep my old body?
"The sardine has gone mentally dark." The doc says, sitting down next to you on the bed -it's easy to do considering your lack of body-and pulling a book out of his jacket pocket. "Frankly, I'm not terribly surprised. Wasn't sure he was all there to begin with." he flips to a page and starts reading. 

"If you want to be enhanced, I'll do it for you. Just think what you want. I'll wait." he turns the page "Better then working on civilians."


((so i guess I'm closest to the nukes explosion as well))
"holy shit! Who does this. WHO DOES THIS!"
Curl up into the fetal position and rock myself back into sanity, however much left there is

>We does this, We does this. Welcome to the HMRC. Accidental nuclear detonations are the rule, not the exception. Now nut up, come to terms with the fact that the destination of your trip is now an irradiated crater, and calmly follow the robotic swordsman and his genetically modified cat girl in their search for the invisible assassins.


Sanity status: Gone.


"...This is pretty tall. Why is it so big?"

Quote from: Grate -> Feyri
Dear Miss Feyri,
Are you okay?
Sincerely,
Grate

See if I can make the elevator go faster or slower. If I can do both, prepare to speed up a bit for a while before decelerating slowly enough to avoid dying but quickly enough to avoid sudden deceleration once I hit ground level, attempting to gain a dynamic bonus.
If, by some chance, I am able to gain the dynamic bonus in the same turn that I do something, or if for some reason I can't get a dynamic bonus (I'm still not sure how those work), attempt to alter the speed as noted above.

Honestly I was expecting this to be over by now. I was expecting feyri to activate her rockets right away, not check Their fuel levels. So no. You really can't out race her to the ground. Elevator speed isn't under your control anyways. Elevator determines speed and acceleration, deceleration based on the number of floors between it's location and it's destination.

Also, talking whilst in the middle of a jump? What is this, a comic book?


Quote from: Lyra to Steve
Other than the building directly across from the gangway, what positions have line of sight on the Sword? If that building is the only noteworthy position, how many access points does it have and how many routes up and down inside it?
Missed me
Wait for Steve's response to my question, type another message to Maurice, telling him where I was in relation to the blast, and asking if I should report to the infirmary regarding radiation and suchlike.

>Anywhere on the ground around here does. There are other cages beyond this one and then there's the building itself. Really, the sword is so big that it's easier to think of places that can't currently see it.


Quote
How big was the bomb, how close are you and are you wearing a suit? Also, stop talking until you're a good distance away from the blast.


T. quietly untangles himself from the mass of bodies piled against the back of the ship, an overdose of adrenalin and euphoria making him unsteady.
He gives a quick "You may want to find a way to patch Steve in or get Joker the suit-codes" wave, and then sits back against the wall, grinning like an idiot.

Boy, did he love explosions...

Quietly allow myself to be restrained/coshed/tased. Also attempt to fight off pervasive mental influence.
You feel fine now, really.

Ok, you're firing bottle rockets around the ship's interior in the same way that a normal person might chew their nails or stroke their beard, but thats fine right?

It's not like some sort of psychic influence altered your brain chemistry to enhance your pyromaniac urges and make you a potential hazard to everyone around y...oh dang.
((The footage of me getting claymored might not need to get cut, either- it emphasizes the selflessness of the HMRC!))
((You did take that claymore like a pro..))
(("Our robotic soldiers selflessly stride forward into dangerous situations to preserve the lives of their flesh-and-blood comrades! (No word on what got them put into robotic bodies in the first place)" :P))


>Well, Miyamoto's team is apparently trying to burn the building down, Milno's team is 1/3rd unconscious, Jim's team is trying to get hold of IT support, The away defense team just kicked a nuke into the shipyards, though not before disabling it's radio systems so I can't disable it, and Feyri just hurled herself off the top of the cage.

Hows your day going?
"Hold on, a nuke? How powerful a nuke? Should we take cover and- wait, what? Why?"

You notice feyri falling.

Anton tracks Feyri's fall with his eyes, rather puzzled as to what was going on. His trying to come up with an explanation is interrupted by a rather large and powerful explosion, evidently corresponding to the nuke Steve mentioned. Anton stands there for a moment, mesmerized by the towering, slightly mushroom-shaped radioactive PR disaster in the distance.

"Somehow, I don't think "твою мать" can adequately convey my thoughts on the matter anymore."

He opens a channel to Feyri.

"Feyri? This is Anton. I'm not sure what you're doing, but the unparallelled numbskulls of our away team have just initiated a PR disaster of nuclear proportions down at the shipyards. I don't know who all got away, but there are bound to be civilians in the area, who don't have the benefit of an HMRC standard suit. You've got the most defense and mobility of all of us here, and even if only for that reason, we need you. I'll try to make my way over there and see for myself, but if you can manage it, your assistance in damage control would be much appreciated. Chernozorov, out."

Anton switches the channel to Steve, simultaneously making the suit bring up the current radiation levels on the HUD and starting to make his way to the concourse, Red Hand safety off and maximum power.

"Steve? Any estimates on potential civilian casualties from this? The fighting and spreading news of our little uprising would probably have cleared most people out, but nukes aren't known for a small effect area, especially with fallout."

He paused for a moment.

"Plus, y'know, how's the rest of the away team? Anyone made it out?"

Message Feyri and chat with Steve, move to the concourse.
>Oh, they made it out fine. Stole the Blackship and flew away. My annoyance is tempered by the knowledge that at least that was successful. As per fallout and civilian casualties...minor I would say. No civs in the area that I saw or could otherwise detect and we can handle the fallout. Our bombs are pretty clean burning so to speak. Only the crater is gonna be a real problem. And we have plenty of people who are ready, questionably willing, and able to go work there until it's clean. First on the list: the guy who kicked the damn bomb into the damn shipyards.

-Home Team, Office-

"What the forging F### was that? What the f###ing forge?!" Gorat shouts. Assuming he gets an answer, he sighs, and shakes his head. "Should we bother barricading us in, Leo? I doubt it'll help.

Be ready to go sniper on any enemies approaching the ship.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

Leo pushes a filing cabinet in front of the door and shrugs. You shrug back and keep watching out the window. You wonder if it's bad to kinda be hoping for them to mount some sort of last ditch charge. Glorious combat god damn it. You want glorious combat.

STEPHEN HAWKING runs around in circles. Then he hears the nuke go off.

"Well at least SOMEONE is doing something fun."


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I INVENTED MINDLESS PANICKING !

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19674 on: October 21, 2013, 11:44:02 pm »

So...I'm skipped? Ok..am I stuck in freefall?

Quote
Honestly I was expecting this to be over by now.
...Really? After recent events?  :-\
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:20:33 am by Tiruin »
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

BFEL

  • Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19675 on: October 21, 2013, 11:48:12 pm »

((:P Well the intent was less "mindless panicking" and more jogging, or just generally moving around to alleviate boredom, but he DID invent mindless panicking.))
Logged
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Empiricist

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19676 on: October 22, 2013, 12:02:56 am »

"Accursed... infernal... text... damn it all... argh..."
Charles tries to break free of the phantasmal bold text controlling him, even though the current bold text is controlling him to break said text.
Logged

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19677 on: October 22, 2013, 12:17:34 am »

"The sardine has gone mentally dark." The doc says, sitting down next to you on the bed -it's easy to do considering your lack of body-and pulling a book out of his jacket pocket. "Frankly, I'm not terribly surprised. Wasn't sure he was all there to begin with." he flips to a page and starts reading. 

"If you want to be enhanced, I'll do it for you. Just think what you want. I'll wait." he turns the page "Better then working on civilians."
"If you want to be enhanced, I'll do it for you. Just think what you want. I'll wait." he turns the page "Better then working on civilians."
"If you want to be enhanced, I'll do it for you.
I'll do it for you.
I'll do it
Xan's head makes the most horrifyingly fascinating grin that has ever been made ever.
Well, I have some ideas...
Xan then proceeds to explain the details for an organism that he'd normally have no idea how to describe. One of those gods of medicine must've inspired him or something.

Describe potentially ridiculously OP creature, wait for Doc's response.

What book is that, if I may ask?

Inquire into Doctor reading material.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 12:27:07 am by Xantalos »
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remalle

  • Bay Watcher
  • quack
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19678 on: October 22, 2013, 12:25:11 am »

So...I'm skipped? Ok..am I stuck in freefall?

Quote
Honestly I was expecting this to be over by now.
...Really? After recent events?  :-\
(I like to imagine that Feyri's just been casually free falling for like fifteen minutes now.)
Logged

Tack

  • Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19679 on: October 22, 2013, 12:45:45 am »

You feel fine now, really.

Ok, you're firing bottle rockets around the ship's interior in the same way that a normal person might chew their nails or stroke their beard, but thats fine right?

It's not like some sort of psychic influence altered your brain chemistry to enhance your pyromaniac urges and make you a potential hazard to everyone around y...oh dang.
The Arsonist Teal sits in blank silence for a few seconds, introspectively contemplating his future whilst slowly burning a few of his fingers.
Sure. He did just help save the entire away team... But it doesn't really help that he was technically the reason they needed to be saved.

Noticing his slightly melted fingers, he switches to casually shooting bottle-rockets at Jack every minute or so.
Damn. He was going to need a little more fire resistance at this rate.


Giving a quick thump to the wall beside him to get Skylar's attention, he gives a very enunciated "I don't care if you want to scout with this thing, but you better not take 4 people's lives into your hands when you do." downwards point.

After that, he points Denzel to the ship's mainframe/datapad/point of information access/terminal.


His jobs suitably 'done', he takes his hands off his flammables for a few seconds in order to send a wristpad message.
Quote from: Teal > Steve
I need Doc.
Fix my brain.
Until then, zap me.

I guess this is all a turn.

((In my defense, I did only slightly more collateral damage than the "mission 4" mindhacked people.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:07:49 am by Tack »
Logged
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.
Pages: 1 ... 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 ... 2101