_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686459 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19725 on: October 23, 2013, 09:19:38 am »

(Believe that's correct. We didn't get a chance to speak to the AM, after all, and it fits with Jim's backstory.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: October 23, 2013, 11:28:45 am »

Steve directs you back toward the blast site, past The robo samurai and the cat girl and their human tagalong. You turn the corner they were hiding behind and have a pretty good view of the crater through the shattered windows of the building.

Much of the shipyards has collapsed or is twisted and broken beyond use. Like a wire mesh held over a blowtorch, it has slumped in to the pit and is still glowing hot on it's edges. The pit is slag and little else, a smoldering hole in the ground throwing out smoke and radiation.

"Well, there's your problem."
"Oo...kay. Eighth kiloton bomb damage scale: established. Steve, do you have a map of this place, and can you overlay a simulated damage pattern from this explosion on it and send it to me? I want to try and determine where there may have still been people, that might still be alive right now."

"Feyri, if you're following, look through any structures around the shipyard for civilians who may need treatment. I'll have a look around here and see if I can find a path to the lower levels."

Ask Steve for map of the shipyards. Try to determine where there may have been people. Look around the current level and, if possible, find a way into the lower ones, searching for any civilians that might need help. In the meantime, direct Feyri to look over any nearby buildings that may have had people in them, who may have been injured or irradiated. Keep watch for dangerous radiation levels.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: October 23, 2013, 12:24:17 pm »

-Home Team, Office-
"Yeah, the window is a no-go. Check our surroundings? We shouldn't cut through just now, but Steve seems too busy to send a floor plan..."

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: October 23, 2013, 01:03:01 pm »

"Uh oh wait I think we can do this"
tap one of the buttons near the screensaver, avoiding any that are big and red or "nonstandard" and probably very very nasty, then continue looking for a systems list

(( The screen might be blank now, Tavik sort of stripped the computer. Of everything. :P ))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: October 23, 2013, 03:01:33 pm »

"Sure, lets go check our surroundings next.  Although.."  Leo pulls out two grenades, and picks up the wastebasket that presumably is in the office. "Well, we could also set up some traps.  Think you could set off a couple grenades with your amp?"
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 03:12:02 pm by Devastator »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: October 23, 2013, 03:29:51 pm »

"I've never tried", Gorat admits, "I guess it would depend on the type of grenade. Would be easier if I had a mass amp, and line of sight is kind of important. That's something I should take a look at when I get back to the Armory Master's course."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: October 23, 2013, 05:06:31 pm »

"Just normal AP ones, some explosive, some casing for shrapnel I'd guess.  Don't see why it wouldn't work."

"I thought amps didn't need line of sight if you know exactly where you're aiming for."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19732 on: October 23, 2013, 06:18:12 pm »

((We'll probably want to get this data to Steve BEFORE he goes offline.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19733 on: October 24, 2013, 12:04:00 am »

((Well, I've PM discussed this with piecewise, so I'll just assume that Xan and Doc discuss details and such.))

Yes, that'll do. Can we begin now?
Also, could I borrow that book when you're done with it?

BEGIN THE AUGMENTATIONS!
Also begin to take an interest in literature.

((I'm about to become a living Organo-tissue dominator psychokinetic amp.))

"Sure. It's extremely historically inaccurate though. Partially why it's so funny."

"Now, here's the thing. We're still gonna need to keep your brain intact. It's gonna be your central core of sorts. You can pack as much flesh around it as you want and do what you want with that flesh, but your brain is still gonna be your weak point. And changing is gonna take time. The more complex and wide reaching the alterations, the longer the time. And changing is gonna take biomass. You're gonna need to get it from somewhere: corpses, sandwiches, anything organic."

He pauses, thinking.

"Oh and watch out for fire, vacuum exposure or radiation. That all ok?"

"Well, you see, I don't really want rollerblades as much as I want a set of wheels to ride around on. Perhaps even adjust my body to serve as a fast-moving vehicle, like one of those Transmurderer toys that used to be popular where I was from. It would require an engine, of course, though I suspect I have a not-too-powerful version of that on me already, giving me the ability to move and whatnot. Ooh, maybe I could attain the ability to transform into a motorized skateboard! That would protect me from rapidly approaching incoming objects while allowing me to either advance or run away! And I could even carry a teammate on me as a decoy!"

"Say, has anyone had a similar idea before? I have heard that the big bad medicine man in the infirmary, the one who's not the nice one, takes requests if they're funny or original enough. Would that work, do you think? Or should I just stick to personally-available methods? If I was to ask you to perform such a modification, dear Sandy, how much would that cost?"

Ask!
She sort of just stares at you.

"You...want to be a transformer?"

"Uhhhhh. I may have had a bit of a chat with him. Well, more of him babbling about not having any visitors and giving me a backstage tour, and me saying to hell with that. So, should I go see a doctor? I mean, he got close enough to start messing with my head. Hrmm. So if he's so powerful, how would you have dealt with him? Not to doubt your abilities of course, but how exactly to you deal with that sort of entity?"

Questions, then go see a doctor about a post mindfuck brain scan.
"You could, but it's probably fine."

She lowers her book and looks you straight in the face for a moment.

"I'm gonna tell you three things. You  currently have 7,003,342,845,045,439,342,944,023,988 atoms in your body, though that has changed by the time I finished speaking. The back room contains nowhere near as much varied crap as you people keep asking for, but it does contain large blocks of condensed carbon-12. And the VR copy of me is outdated. By several decades. Subjective time."

"Crap."

Try to fix flight computer.
[aux:2+1]
Nope. Thats pretty much it. Nope.

... Hansen, I'm revoking your permission to touch my ship. Though do try and put the flight computer back, thank you. Steve, doing anything but bringing this back to you is a no-go for now. You have a good landing site in mind, or should a good landing site be obvious once I'm back in sight of the Sword?

Take it slow back towards the Sword, study the controls in preparation for a manual landing.

Ask Steve that quick question

>The area near the cage is flat. Probably your best bet. Just make sure to deploy the landing pylons.

You slowly turn back toward the ship and come in for a landing, carefully planning your route and studying the controls.
STEPHEN HAWKING practices his punching, kicking and various martial arts/ninja skills.
[dex:5-1]
You do some pretty good ninja kicking and flipping and stuff. Pretty hardcore for a science nerd.

"hey Steve, is he reason these assassins are invisible because of an implant or just a really cool looking cloak? Because if it was a cloaks that would be awsome to go around being a vampire and all that"
keep walking behind them, not before unloading my laser rifle and looking for buttons that do shit

>Cloaks that take on the appearance of clothing. So not really invisible, more camouflaged.

You find no buttons on your rifle, but you do find two dials.

But, to quote my highschool chem teacher "Stop talking till may"
((...What did you do?))

You stick with Robo-stabs and Kitten Galore.
((Robo-stabs?))

You reach ground level. Feyri does too, using her rockets. Everything is great.
((Yay!))

Good news: You ripped the entire contents of the ship's computer onto your own suit computer!
Bad news: You deleted the originals
Good news: That shouldn't matter as long as you can manage to get your suit back to the Sword for them to get the data from.
Bad news: Your fucking of the ship computer now means Kri is flying completely manually without anything but basic instrumentation. And that means he's gonna have a hell of a lot harder of a time doing anything but fly straight.
((Boo!))

((I'm about to become a living Organo-tissue dominator psychokinetic amp.))
((...You're turning into space-magic.
Who wants to take bets on hos long it takes for him to accidentally himself and/or everyone around him?))

((Turn next post.))
She wasn't saying it to me. She was saying it to some other guy who kept asking stupid questions and never shut up. It always struck me as funny.

So...I'm skipped? Ok..am I stuck in freefall?

Honestly I was expecting this to be over by now.
...Really? After recent events?  :-\
Did I miss your post? I didn't see your post.
I-...I quoted it..Right there. In that post.

Two turns >_> Busy? D:

Follow Anton's directive. Activate the rockets and aid the civilians.
Anton's directive: 420 Activate Rockets and aid civilians E'ryday.

I'm gonna assume you're gonna stick with Grate for now though, since there's no civs around here to aid, and grate is gonna go search for strange animals.

"Hi, Miss Feyri! Are you okay?"

Chat and rendezvous with Ms. Feyri. Afterwards, begin the process of finding small test subjects. Space-rats or something. Maybe space-lizards.

You walk around a while until you find what looks like a burrow or hole dug into the dry, reddened earth. Hmm, something small and testable might live in there.

"Well if window's a no-go, lets go with the floor."

Move on to March of Cambreadth
Playing bagpipes on a banjo? Sounds tricky.

You pad your way back to the infirmary and stare at maurice.

"What is it girl?" He asks. "Did timmy banish himself into the void again?"
type on my wristpad and message Maurice with my location relative to the nuke, the nuke size, and that I wasn't wearing my suit at the time, just carrying my wrist-comp. request to be checked for radiation poisoning.
Maurice takes a look over you.

"Eh, minor. Go take a shower to get any dust off. Don't lick yourself until you do."

"Uh oh wait I think we can do this"
tap one of the buttons near the screensaver, avoiding any that are big and red or "nonstandard" and probably very very nasty, then continue looking for a systems list
Jack already got the data. Violently. He literally ripped it from the drive and then deleted the original. EVEN THE SCREEN SAVER!

((So a couple questions for our glorious GM about character creation, seeing as I can't stop making the damn things due to C3S.
First off, if I choose the "Grunt" profession for a character could I give them a second positive skill point in exchange for a second negative? Or possibly even 2 extra negatives for that one positive, the concept I have in mind is rather purposefully specialized.
Also fluff question: If I put "had an amp installed in them" as part of their backstory, what would be a good reason for them not having access to it anymore? Would the Sword team have pulled it out of their skull or would it have gotten "fried" due to some error from stasis?))
I'm sorta against giving extra bonuses and extra negatives to grunts. Maybe if it's a really good character and the other players are cool with it. Or if it's just extra negatives. No one is gonna whine about handicaps.

Well, amps aren't really used outside the military, so I doubt you'd have one. Unless you're military, in which case removal. But probably before even being thrown into stasis.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:44 am »

What amount of radiation are we talking here?

Inquiry! Then go do alterations.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:11:39 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: October 24, 2013, 12:11:00 am »

still pretty damn cool honestly, so what does it go on, does it change to a few presets or does the person just think about the shirt or clothing they want to wear? (I just going to take it as I unloaded my laser rifle now) also, if any of you two hear me loading my gun without saying anything, just go ahead and tackle me"

keep walking along, but look at the contents of my medkit or whatever
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19736 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:41 am »

Thanks, Steve. Enjoy your conversation with ARES.

Alright everyone, buckle up. This could end poorly, but here's hoping it doesn't. Hansen, thanks for not making it worse, but leave it alone while I put this thing down.

Deploy the landing pylons, take her in and land next to the cage.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: October 24, 2013, 12:54:41 am »

((Forgot my entirely useless wandering around aiding nonexistent civilians again, PW. :P))

Steve directs you back toward the blast site, past The robo samurai and the cat girl and their human tagalong. You turn the corner they were hiding behind and have a pretty good view of the crater through the shattered windows of the building.

Much of the shipyards has collapsed or is twisted and broken beyond use. Like a wire mesh held over a blowtorch, it has slumped in to the pit and is still glowing hot on it's edges. The pit is slag and little else, a smoldering hole in the ground throwing out smoke and radiation.

"Well, there's your problem."
"Oo...kay. Eighth kiloton bomb damage scale: established. Steve, do you have a map of this place, and can you overlay a simulated damage pattern from this explosion on it and send it to me? I want to try and determine where there may have still been people, that might still be alive right now."

"Feyri, if you're following, look through any structures around the shipyard for civilians who may need treatment. I'll have a look around here and see if I can find a path to the lower levels."

Ask Steve for map of the shipyards. Try to determine where there may have been people. Look around the current level and, if possible, find a way into the lower ones, searching for any civilians that might need help. In the meantime, direct Feyri to look over any nearby buildings that may have had people in them, who may have been injured or irradiated. Keep watch for dangerous radiation levels.

Keep doing that. Beats standing around guarding against nothing in particular.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: October 24, 2013, 03:27:26 am »

(( I just noticed. Leon is on the wall of remembrance, for getting killed by the being formerly known as Timmy. But Timmy isn't.

This suddenly seems terrifyingly relevant. ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: October 24, 2013, 03:30:01 am »

(( I just noticed. Leon is on the wall of remembrance, for getting killed by the being formerly known as Timmy. But Timmy isn't.

This suddenly seems terrifyingly relevant. ))
((ER is the most awesome form of the game known as X-COM?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 [1316] 1317 1318 ... 2101