_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686166 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: He is the One!
« Reply #19995 on: November 01, 2013, 09:42:55 pm »

((He's had the motivation for a while, but only now does he have the means. In other news, oh gog Grey Boy is a bastard. To everyone.))
((There's a reason Jack likes him. Although if you're talking about what I think you are, that might have been an accident. And it's going to save Jack's life.))
((Forever.))

((The moment I bought an amp I could've been on the S9. Manton, suck my Willpower stat.
Also yeah.
And what do you mean? Grey boy is best Boy. It's Gray Boy you have to watch out for.))
((You know darn well what he meant. Also I'm going to try to figure out how to fit a hero called Grey Boy into my game.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19996 on: November 01, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »

((Oh hush. It'll be a hundred thousand years or so before the effect wears off/is broken. Grey Boy was just doing him a favor.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19997 on: November 01, 2013, 10:27:48 pm »

((Can anyone give me a really laconic update on what's happening? After resurrecting all of my RTDs, I've neglected following this game.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19998 on: November 01, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »

((People got shot, Xan's a horrible mutant monster that can shapeshift, and we have a sniper shooting nukes at us.))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19999 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:31 pm »

((Can anyone give me a really laconic update on what's happening? After resurrecting all of my RTDs, I've neglected following this game.))
((Necromancy is kinda time consuming.

Right now, we have completed our objectives and are focused on chasing an Urban Executioner and a Shadow Walker. The UE is somewhere inside the building, the SW is near some air traffic control towers beyond the nuked repair pit.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20000 on: November 01, 2013, 10:35:42 pm »

((It's turned into quite the show, really.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20001 on: November 01, 2013, 10:36:45 pm »

((And I'm about to make it ... FUN.))
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20002 on: November 01, 2013, 10:40:48 pm »

((Thanks y'all.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20003 on: November 01, 2013, 11:09:41 pm »

((Oh, and some guys are going to use a the sniper's (ShadowWalker) hijacked spaceship to hunt him. They're boarding and preparing it to fly right now. Said sniper might be able to shoot it down with nuclear rounds that bypass its point defense lasers, though.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20004 on: November 02, 2013, 04:26:53 am »

((Oh, and some guys are going to use a the sniper's (ShadowWalker) hijacked spaceship to hunt him. They're boarding and preparing it to fly right now. Said sniper might be able to shoot it down with nuclear rounds that bypass its point defense lasers, though.))

(( Not really 'bypass' so much as 'continue to explode despite critical structural loss'. And honestly, it exploding out there is *much* better than it exploding after hitting the hull.

It goes boom inside, and this is a self-contained incineration device.
It goes boom out there, and this is a space craft. It is designed to deal with radiation. The main question is how well it would weather the blastwave.... what's the yield on the LESHO nukes? ))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #20005 on: November 02, 2013, 05:39:00 am »

((I think around an 1/8 - 1/2 megaton 1 at the outside considering the size of the gun (i.e. man portable) meaning the rounds are going to be relatively small))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20006 on: November 02, 2013, 06:05:09 am »

(( You people need to learn to research.
From the OP:

18: LESHO rifle

Ammo: Single Round. Extra rounds are 3 token each.
   Range (assumes non-nuclear ammo) Melee:-4 Short:-3 Medium:+2 Long:+5  Extreme:+5
   Stat requirement: Strength 15
   Special: Suicidal kickback: If the shooter has less then 16 strength there is a 25% chance of hurting themselves
   Description: Take a railgun, modify it for extreme accuracy, fit it to fire a quarter kiloton shell,    fit that shell with miniature maneuvering rockets and a computer to control them. Then link    that computer to a targeting system in the railgun so that it can guide that hypersonic chunk of    metal to a target a mile and a half away within a 2 inch margin of error. That's the LESHO Rifle.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20007 on: November 02, 2013, 06:31:06 am »

((So if that spaceship has any armor worth covering a spaceship in, and if you manage to clip the LESHO round further than a few hundred meters (preferably at least a kilometer) away, you stand decent chances of surviving the blast. Whether or not you survive the ship plummeting out of the sky afterwards is "up in the air", heh. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20008 on: November 02, 2013, 06:34:53 am »

(( You people need to learn to research.
From the OP:

18: LESHO rifle

Ammo: Single Round. Extra rounds are 3 token each.
   Range (assumes non-nuclear ammo) Melee:-4 Short:-3 Medium:+2 Long:+5  Extreme:+5
   Stat requirement: Strength 15
   Special: Suicidal kickback: If the shooter has less then 16 strength there is a 25% chance of hurting themselves
   Description: Take a railgun, modify it for extreme accuracy, fit it to fire a quarter kiloton shell,    fit that shell with miniature maneuvering rockets and a computer to control them. Then link    that computer to a targeting system in the railgun so that it can guide that hypersonic chunk of    metal to a target a mile and a half away within a 2 inch margin of error. That's the LESHO Rifle.

(( That's the weight of the shell, not the size of the nuke. I think. The standard shells are non-nuclear, I know that much, so I assume that is the weight of the shell, which would be... no, way higher than that... how dense is this shell XD? Pretty sure the yield of the nuclear ammo hasn't been specified yet. Perhaps PW means for that to be the yield of the nuclear ammo? Because dear lords is that ludicrously heavy otherwise.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:39:16 am by Kriellya »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20009 on: November 02, 2013, 06:39:19 am »

((A quarter kiloton is 250 tons. I'm pretty sure that any nuclear bomb weighing more than a lance of MBTs is not fit for being fired through anything even closely resembling something that can be called a "rifle", much less if its maximum range is a mile and a half.

In other words, yes. A "kiloton", while a valid unit of mass measurement, is primarily used to denote TNT equivalents, especially in regard to weapons.))
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 06:41:15 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1332 1333 [1334] 1335 1336 ... 2101