_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 [1350] 1351 1352 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5721665 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #20235 on: November 27, 2013, 08:25:09 am »

After the childlike abomination is tucked into a hospital bed, STEPHEN HAWKING takes a nice jog to the briefing room. Where he does stretches.

((STEPHEN HAWKING invented crossposting.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20236 on: November 27, 2013, 08:31:36 am »

After the childlike abomination is tucked into a hospital bed, STEPHEN HAWKING takes a nice jog to the briefing room. Where he does stretches.

((Also cross-pollination, cross country racing, crossword puzzles, and simply being cross.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20237 on: November 27, 2013, 08:43:56 am »

((Also cross-pollination, cross country racing, crossword puzzles, and simply being cross.))
((And pretentious self quoting apparently :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #20238 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57:28 am »

((STEPHEN HAWKING also invented standing stoic in the face of ridicule.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20239 on: November 27, 2013, 10:18:49 am »

Wake up, guard booze with life. Head to the debriefing. Craft the Molotovs at the debriefing.

Alternatively:

Dream of actually being useful.
(Yet another cross-post.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20240 on: November 27, 2013, 11:23:37 am »

((@PW: Ok, It's good. Don't wanna take chances.))

Wait for mission debrief.

Go to the Debriefing
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20241 on: November 27, 2013, 11:56:57 am »

((STEPHEN HAWKING also invented standing stoic in the face of ridicule.))

((Which wasn't that hard, he got plenty of practice.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20242 on: November 27, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »

>Alright Various soldiers, miscreants and new people I just thawed out for some reason, lets get this done.

>So, despite "setbacks" which left the shipyard and control room as craters, we've taken this place. And against unexpected resistance with limited casualties no less. I have control of ARES, control of the heart of this planet, and as soon as we can convince the workers to come out of hiding in the depths of this complex, we will have a production system able to put us on par with the UWM's armies, at least technologically.

We have maybe a year before the armies of the UWM return from that fools errand I sent them on and attempt to retake this place. This world is a fortress already, but we must further reenforce it for the day when they return. We must hold this place and then, once we have repulsed their attack, we will begin our counter attack, turning worlds to our cause, just as your brothers and sisters across the galaxy in my other ships will. It will take time, and the lives of many good men and women, but we will throw off the reign of the UMV and forge a new path for mankind.

Before I continue, there is one thing we must do, as a group. HMRC has long been our name, but it is a name given to you by the corrupt and apathetic who have banished you here, thinking it a death sentence. A new name is needed for our rebellion. One which we may spread through the known galaxy as a herald of great things to come.

What should our new name be?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20243 on: November 27, 2013, 12:48:06 pm »

"Hrmmm. A name...... how about The Reclaimers? I dunno, never been good with names."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20244 on: November 27, 2013, 12:48:59 pm »

"Well, we were the Hazardous Materials Retrieval Corps. It's an apt name, or at least it was before we changed our occupation. Our new name would have to be similarly apt.

I'd propose Oppressive Government Removal Enterprise, but it really depends on whether anyone else will mind being called OGREs.
"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20245 on: November 27, 2013, 12:50:47 pm »

"A name huh? Why, this is quite important indeed.

I think we first gotta ask ourselves, what message do we want this new name to convey? What do we want this rebellion to stand for?
What do we stand for?
When people hear our name, what do we want them to associate us with? Power, compassion, chance at a new beginning, strength, hope?
And should this name be only for the organisation, the rebellion, or also of the government that we'll be creating?

A tough question indeed..."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #20246 on: November 27, 2013, 12:56:22 pm »

((Are we doing a new name for the HMRC or a new name for our UWM-like government?

Or both? EDIT:So that we get named something like Army of the <name of the UWM-like government>?))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 12:58:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20247 on: November 27, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

"I may be in the minority here, but why can't we just be the HMRC now and forever?" asks Stacy, tapping away in place. "It's very recognizable. An acronym marinaded in horror and allowed to mature over countless years like a fine bit of cheese. I heard those four letters way back when I was but a child, and that was Steve only knows how long ago, and now that I am a part of it, I feel like I'm a part of something ancient, enduring and wonderful! That might just be me, though."

"Well, we were the Hazardous Materials Retrieval Corps. It's an apt name, or at least it was before we changed our occupation. Our new name would have to be similarly apt.

I'd propose Oppressive Government Removal Enterprise, but it really depends on whether anyone else will mind being called OGREs.
"

"Although OGRE works as well. Rolls off the tongue nicely, and it doesn't even have a 'the' in it! Also, ogres are woefully unused as mythological figures these days. Can't help but wonder why."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20248 on: November 27, 2013, 01:03:06 pm »

((Toaster might have a suggestion that keeps the HMRC name, but he'll have to think about it.))

Ah!  A quest!  Surely something that sings glories to those who deserve it.

"The Blessed Knights of Steve, surely we must be!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20249 on: November 27, 2013, 01:03:36 pm »

"United Coalition of Planets? Alliance of Free Worlds?"
Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 [1350] 1351 1352 ... 2101