_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733006 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21300 on: December 11, 2013, 11:13:16 am »

Play some badass music to accompany the carnage.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21301 on: December 11, 2013, 11:45:16 am »

Prepare to protect people in the hanger with walls of ice from my manipulator. Don't do anything if Miyamoto has things well in hand with his shield.

(( Sorry if you already got to it, PW xD ))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 11:47:53 am by Kriellya »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21302 on: December 11, 2013, 12:54:16 pm »

Play some badass music to accompany the carnage.
((How about this?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21303 on: December 11, 2013, 02:16:06 pm »

Start of mission.

((Sweet fucking Jesus.))
You appear standing outside the ship as the Messenger gives his spiel about protecting the palace.

((Oh... son of a bitch...))
Charles gets the fuck away, preferably to the infirmary. At least if he gets hit, they won't have to move him.
You go hide in the infirmary.

run back inside now, grab a pair of thermal cameras from my footlocker and practice installing them into my mk1 suit.
(i wear that under my exosuit right?)

Yeah, you still wear your suit beneath it. But you better put those cameras on the outside of your exosuit, least you get thermal vision of the inside of your exosuit.

((Is it a bad sign that I had a dream about ER where Grate's next will roll was a 1?))
DAMMIT EMP!

Ahem. A couple nights before he actually took the pill, I had a dream about reading the turn, and it was a lot more boring. Like, "He instantly crumbles to dust." I then shared what I had dreamed about happening the previous night, which was another outcome of the battery.
...It was a weird dream. And rather boring.

Try not to destroy anything.

Hope that I can at least get some last words out before trying to get the new Grate up and rolling.

Try not to worry about it too much. Just try to forget this is happening at all. It will help later.

(( Oh dear.

I can't decide if I want to be in this room or not now. I can't even decide if I want to try and help with the shield, given that I have no bonus to my manipulator XD

... Ffff, if someone wants to tell me it's a bad idea, I can pull it later XD ))

Oh my... ah, wait, what did you sa--
Skylar jumps as the sphere begins to crack
Question retracted!

Whip out my manipulator and help form a wall of 'ice' in front of the hangar.
Action editted, in later post

[uncon:4]

You summon up a sheet of ice maybe 3 inches thick that covers the entrance to the hanger. Doing so makes your head hurt quite a bit though; the hanger doorway is really big.

Anton whips around in the doorway and looks at Steve's avatar, doing his best to manage a death glare through the opaque faceplate of his suit. He takes out his Microwave Manipulator, holding it like one would a grenade.

"If these are such dangers, that it takes ignorance to protect us from their nature.." He throws the manipulator at his feet with force. "..then why do you even allow them to be used?!" With that, Anton crushes the device under the heel of his prosthetic foot, and stomps off to the Rec Room, plugging into VR.

Battle of Hexbarax, Front Line. Armament: Melee Battlesuit. Allies: personal clones in four Battlesuits of various configurations.

"Some times, I feel justified in disliking the company of people. Bring it, uglies."

Charge.

((note: complete the action regardless of whether crushing the MFM is successful. Just leave it there if it doesn't break))
(oh dear.)
[str:6+1]
You throw the manipulator to the ground and do a massive double footed stomp down onto it. It crushes beneath you feet and then promptly explodes with force greater then a hand grenade.
[end:5]
You're hurled back, both feet broken, shrapnel wounds all over your legs and lower body, but luckily nothing life threatening. Steve is wearing a bemused look on his face when the smoke clears, a few bits of metal embedded in him as well.

>Admittedly, I did just get done telling you about how they self destruct if their internal structure is breached.
he says, pulling a shard of metal out of his arm and lazily flicking it at you.

Do not let go of Jim
I just imagine You sitting on his head like a raccoon skin cap.

"Merde."

Stand behind the amp users.  Light a cigarette.  Look at the show.
You stand behind arrayed amp users and watch as best you can through the wall of ice that Skylar erected. You smoke a cigarette at the same time and do your best to adopt a devil-may-care attitude.

Take the drone eye thing over to the hangar bay and set it down somewhere where it has a good view.
Put up a shield of ice around myself after taking cover behind something as fast as biologically possible.
Grow armor all over just in case, after I've taken cover.

Quote from: Xan->AM
You can call anyone you want a coward when you apparently have enough amp skill to crush the entire ship into a can. For my part, until I become that godlike I'm staying in cover.
You slither into the hanger and throw your drone out to watch while you hide in the back.

[exo:2+1+1]
You put a thin dome of cold over your body as you hide behind the bulk of the blackship.

If someone creates a shield before me, reinforce it. If no-one else has created a wall, or failed in their attempt, create a wall of force large enough to cover the current assembled team members. Give it a curve so the impact is dispersed.

((Like this
        \
Team |
        /
Hopefully that'll deflect whatever comes our way. If I can cause it to manifest.))

[Exo:6+1]
Good news is that you manage to extend a 3 inch thick wall to a foot thick.

Bad news is that doing so leaves you comatose.

STEPHEN HAWKING goes and gets his "angel" before heading on over to visit the dok.

"Oh Dooooooooktor, I got you a preeeeeeesent!"

Look around for the spare Grate while waiting for response.

((In other news, manipulators, similar to soylent green, are apparently people. Because LEFTOVER SYNAPTIC RESPONSES.))
You drag your corpse thing to the infirmary and start screaming for the doctor. He's  not around so you keep screaming for him.

Hmph. Nothing able to be done. Only people in the place are rubberneckers and those running and hiding, and the AM.

Go jump in the Blackship
You hide in the blackship, which is, unfortunately, fairly damn close to where this is all happening so maybe not the best place.

Ah! So I do have unnaturally steady limbs. Does that help with aiming in any way?

Regardless of that, keep on moving away from pretty much everyone.

"Hey, Steve! Since we're not prisoners anymore, can we access the other crew sections, please?"

If yes, dance away to safer locales! If not, dance and cower in mortal fear! The end times are nigh! Ours is deserved damnation!

Anton whips around in the doorway and looks at Steve's avatar, doing his best to manage a death glare through the opaque faceplate of his suit. He takes out his Microwave Manipulator, holding it like one would a grenade.

"If these are such dangers, that it takes ignorance to protect us from their nature.." He throws the manipulator at his feet with force. "..then why do you even allow them to be used?!" With that, Anton crushes the device under the heel of his prosthetic foot, and stomps off to the Rec Room, plugging into VR.

((If Steve doesn't electrocute you to death before you can do that, you and anybody near you is so dead. Unless they really do build them to last.

Let's hope there's a Strength roll and you have penalties to it.))
You start heading for the door when Anton explodes and sprays you with small pieces of metal and blood.

You decide to go hide behind a bench again.

((Androsynth are not here. Orz are here.
You are not the same too much like Androsynth. You are *happy campers*.
Do you want to see our surprising toys*? No!! Do Not!!
Androsynth are so silly. We do not *tell stories* a lot about them.
No more Androsynth stories.))

Simus turns angrily to Lars.

Lars, you should stop heading in that direction right now, because that path leads to zealotry. And while I tolerate a lot from you, unbridled zealotry will not be something I tolerate, do you understand? Worship Steve and your little pantheon all you like, but not those things. They are not holy relics, but weapons, usually capable of mass destruction.

Even nuclear arms are cleaner.

Simus leaves the briefing room and heads for the rec room, to VR, Tinker program. On her way, she talks aloud to Steve.

I have to say, I'm siding more with Anton on this. I don't like the manipulators or amps. Yes, they're useful, but they're simply too chaotic, and are just plain unnatural. The latter I can deal with, the former not. Is there any way we can change that? An autoabort feature, or something, to stop it activating if what it will do is wildly off from the intended effect? It wouldn't stop something like this, but to be honest, this probably could have been avoided with a sharp shock to the boy before he did this.

Once in Tinker, she sends a short message:

Quote from: Simus>Anton
You are not alone in your opinion of what has just transgressed.

And spawns a fresh, empty shell for her grenade launcher, fill it halfway with 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile pellets, a volatile solvent container (with the detonator linked to rupture the container upon activation), seal that half from the rest of it, and fill the remainder with black smoke composition, also rigged to the detonator. Punch 8 holes in each half of the grenade case, to allow the gases, once produced, to vent, but the constituents be unable to escape the case. Detonation parameters are on command or impact outside of a 5 meter radius from the launcher (as with all other grenades except ClF3)
Instead of just stepping over Anton's screaming body and going to Tinker, I'm gonna assume you help him to the infirmary.

Well, you manage to get yourself what amounts to a flesh drone, but its eyes and ears are no better then your own.
((Now this, this I see as an interesting development, cause this confirms that Xan can indeed create lifeforms separate from himself on a whim. Now to test what the limitations on the complexity of said organisms are.))

You head out to the edge of the hanger and see the armory master walking toward the glowing point of anomalous physics that is grate. You decide to let her take point.
((Aaw, no action again. Oh well, it seems Miya's prediction about Grate 'going supernova' wasn't that far from the truth.))

"Hey, if you need any help whatsoever, just tell me what to do!" He yelled to the AM over the noise of everything going on.

Use manip to create large dense barrier using material from the ground (and surroundings if needed), if the hangar floor gets damaged that's no problem. Make sure the shield is very sturdy and firmly attached to the floor so teammates can safely hide behind it.

After that, if AM asks for any sort of assistance, do what she asks, whether it be helping out with my manip or shooting the Gratemonster with the laser or something else.

If she doesn't ask for help, grab all non-armored teammates standing near (like Pancaek) and pull them behind the wall I created, shielding them and myself from whatever will happen next with my body and cloak, aka protective bear hug time.
If I failed to create that barrier, still do protectohug but while moving as far away as possible.

... Ffff, if someone wants to tell me it's a bad idea, I can pull it later XD ))
((Yeah, this has the potential of worsening the situation if you roll badly, but when has that ever stopped us before eh?))

[uncon:4+1+1+1 DECOMP:5]

You use your manipulator to grab hold of the hanger's blast doors and slam them shut before using heat to weld them shut.

Well, I'm out of options.
Go to the VR, select tinker. Load a medieval scale armour, and put a kinetic amp on each scale. Test the armour against various weapons:
Fist, hammer, sword, kinetic amp, mono razor, gauss rifle, and laser rifle.
Also check the price.

On EACH scale?
Spoiler: EACH FUCKING SCALE?! (click to show/hide)

What happens is you move a few inches , the scales clink together, and it produces an exponential ripple effect that ends with you being atomized and a handful of unexploded kinetic amps being shot off into the upper mesosphere.

Also it would cost more then a damn avatar of war.

"Whoa, Miya, personal bubble man"

Get put in a bearhug by Miyamoto, if possible, try to put a half dome shield behind miya's wall with my mass amp

((I believe, right now, we cannot have enough layers of shielding))
You get behind Miya and try to throw up your own shield.

[exo:3+2]
You throw up a shield similar to the one you used to stop the bullets.

"Well." Unable to help in any way and already in a fairly safe place, Milno sits down on the floor and crosses his legs. "I'd appreciate a video feed to what's happening."

Get a video feed from Steve, relocate to safer place only if necessary. Try to create a small sharkmist growth on upper left arm once again then poke it with the glove.

((I just realized something: the glove can give perfect knowledge on tech if I poke the object and succeed on a Willpower roll. Maybe that means Milno should steer clear from manipulators.))
[Will:2+1]
Basically the same effect as last time. Damn your strangely low will right now!

You watch the video feed from outside and keep an eye out for witnesses.

((In other news, manipulators, similar to soylent green, are apparently people. Because LEFTOVER SYNAPTIC RESPONSES.))
((So here we have this little contradiction: Word of Piecewise says 'humans have no inner ability for spess magick, they obtained that power through SCIENCE' (source: one of the ER talks); Word of Steve (?) says 'humans don't have psychic powers' (source: armoury list ExoWep entry note), and Word of Doctor says, well, that. Even if Steve is lying (which, in all fairness, could quite possibly happen as a sort of precaution), Piecewise himself said pretty much the same thing, and he does not share any of Steve's possible motivations. And then Doctor lying is unlikely, has no ostensible reason for. ))
No electric charge?.. Latent synaptic activity?.. What the hell are the manipulators and amps, after all? I should look into the mystery later, when this situation is sorted out and I have the time.
And if I don't survive that long? If something kills me before I have the chance to do that?.. Whom can I trust with the information, then?
Simus, certainly. Renen, perhaps... He and Faith, if anyone, certainly have the clearance not to be endangered by the knowledge. Lukas too, but he doesn't look like someone interested in that sort of information. Just like the Snark.

A few seconds later Maurice had sent copies of the Doctor's reply to Simus, Renen and Faith, followed by a short message of his own:
This might be important in the long run.
Go to the rec room and use a free VR machine to enter Tinker.
Search the database for a Mk IV, as well as any other advanced suit designs, such as Level 3 Hazmat suit. Skim through the publicly available tinker designs to get acquainted with them and possibly learn a trick or two.
Check how big the smallest of human-wetware AIs are, and what their price range is.

((@GM The stats in 'Idiots in Space' are short of the last level-up (+5 Int, +3 Exo). ))
No MK 4's as far as you can see, Though there are those variants of suits that bishop messed with a long time ago. And by level three hazmat suit do you mean actual biohazard level 3 suit or an ER variant?

As per those wetware AI's, do they have to be human? Ones built around animal brains are smaller and cheaper and can usually handle most things just as well.

"Hey you wanna watch the show?"
tag onto any available video feeds from outside, if unavailable access the ship's sensors and use those
We'll say you watch the outside cameras through a datapad.

Because why not.

Go to a safe place and watch the show.
You hang out in the briefing room and watch the outside cameras through your wizard Robot eyes.

"Hey Steve... If the boxes really are as dangerous as you say they are, and having witnessed what happens when they go wrong I have no doubts... How did we ever manage to get them in a usable and stable form like we have today?" Bishop questions while holding onto the most stable object around.

Ask Steve. Brace for a shockwave.

A long process of experimentation that resulted in several things, one of which was the Manipulators and Amps. I keep a record of the people who died in the process of making them. One day I'd like to make a memorial for them, since they've never gotten true graves.

The people in the hanger can no longer see whats happening; walls of metal and ice block their view. And those watching through cameras only partially see it; their video feeds distorting and spitting static, at least until they cut to black.

The sphere surrounding grate swells and distends, streams of white hot plasma bursting from it and reducing anything near by into slag. The armory master takes one step forward and pushes at the air with both hands. Those with sharp eyes can see the shockwave an instant before it knocks out the cameras, before it shatters the ice wall and causes the blast doors to bow inward several inches, before the entire ship shutters and rocks sickeningly in it's cage.

A few seconds later the armory master's voice comes in over the ship's PA system.

"I suggest everyone makes themselves as small as possible. There's gonna be some shrapnel in a moment."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21304 on: December 11, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

fire heavy beam projector towards palace. Also knock out messenger.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21305 on: December 11, 2013, 02:27:42 pm »

"Such wanton cruelty to such powerful devices! How terrible!"

Dance over to the Rec Room if I'm not there already, turn on the TV. Check what's up with the galaxy today.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21306 on: December 11, 2013, 02:31:14 pm »

Anton tries to compose himself, as Simus ((presumably)) helps him move to the Infirmary.

"...Case in... damn.. point."

Get new feet. Attempt to seek cover if not in infirmary by the time of the blast, otherwise just watch out for flying surgical implements and collapsing ceilings - use the Red Hand as an armored gauntlet to shield my face/head from any debris.

((In my defense, I assumed the "self-destruct" mechanism to be more akin to the comparatively harmless method by which the sods' lifelocked equipment worked.

Though I did nail it with the "holding it like a grenade" thing. :P))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:33:02 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21307 on: December 11, 2013, 02:34:54 pm »

What happens is you move a few inches , the scales clink together, and it produces an exponential ripple effect that ends with you being atomized and a handful of unexploded kinetic amps being shot off into the upper mesosphere.
((That is hilarious. I had trouble not laughing loudly, but managed to restrain myself to an extended giggle. At least, that's the best thing I can call it. I have a weird spectrum of laughter.))

"Such wanton cruelty to such powerful devices! How terrible!"

Dance over to the Rec Room if I'm not there already, turn on the TV. Check what's up with the galaxy today.
"This just in: Unusual readings from Hephaestus, most unusual as the signals appear to be travelling many times faster than light, as they do not match any known event at the times they should have been created, were they lightspeed. The Hephaestus government is unavailable for comment and is presumed to be busy containing this mess. More at 11."

Assuming I still have control over Grate, avoid destroying anything. Maybe try to ascend into space, away from the planet.

Also, if possible, be able to say some last words.
Those would be nice, if they're possible.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 07:15:51 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21308 on: December 11, 2013, 02:37:50 pm »

Also, if possible, be able to say some last words.[/b] Those would be nice, if they're possible.
((Cue Grate making like Shatterbird.

Or Black Bolt.))
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:39:41 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21309 on: December 11, 2013, 02:41:45 pm »

Exit tinker, go hide and curl in a ball.
Now that is the warning.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21310 on: December 11, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

Also, if possible, be able to say some last words. Those would be nice, if they're possible.

Or Black Bolt.))
((Who's Black Bolt?
And it's been a while since I read the Witness interlude--what were Shatterbird's dying words? Or actions?))
Sig

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21311 on: December 11, 2013, 02:44:06 pm »

Grab the cat-girl, jump to the corner and crouch down, body-shielding her.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21312 on: December 11, 2013, 02:47:55 pm »

(( Jerk PW. It's even crossed out in your quote :P At least it wasn't a 1 XD ))

Grab the comatose Morul and take cover in the blackship

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21313 on: December 11, 2013, 02:48:08 pm »

Also, if possible, be able to say some last words. Those would be nice, if they're possible.

Or Black Bolt.))
((Who's Black Bolt?
And it's been a while since I read the Witness interlude--what were Shatterbird's dying words? Or actions?))
((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bolt. And I don't think she got any. At least I don't remember what she did.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21314 on: December 11, 2013, 02:49:55 pm »

Or Black Bolt.))
((Who's Black Bolt?
((http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Bolt. And I don't think she got any. At least I don't remember what she did.))
((Information overload.
And what were you referring to, then?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1419 1420 [1421] 1422 1423 ... 2101