_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733066 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Grate's attempts at Apotheosis
« Reply #21345 on: December 11, 2013, 07:27:26 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING stops screaming and goes to see if he can find the body of the spare Grate.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21346 on: December 11, 2013, 07:41:35 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING stops screaming and goes to see if he can find the body of the spare Grate.
((Evidently, he forgot about Grate's first body. Third?
Wait. This is confusing. First body was crushed. Second was shot. Third fell unconscious before being turned into a space-magic thingy.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21347 on: December 11, 2013, 10:14:20 pm »

((Flat Grate is unrecoverable.  Anomaly Grate is certainly now unrecoverable.  Shot Grate is status unknown.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21348 on: December 11, 2013, 10:36:55 pm »

((I know. I was just trying to get them in order.
And Anomaly-Grate might be recoverable! I'm not giving up hope!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21349 on: December 11, 2013, 10:37:31 pm »

((I think he's about to die. One way or another.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21350 on: December 11, 2013, 10:49:16 pm »

((With all the Grate issues, maybe we need to pass an ARM mandate that outlaws Grates, as they've reached The Walking Dead's Ben level of liability.
I apologize, definitely not as bad as Ben, but Grates do seem to lack any real practical usage, and usually end up pretty badly.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21351 on: December 11, 2013, 10:50:37 pm »

((If the quantum mechanical fuckery is still active, he'd be a good test subject...))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21352 on: December 11, 2013, 11:10:38 pm »

((With all the Grate issues, maybe we need to pass an ARM mandate that outlaws Grates, as they've reached The Walking Dead's Ben level of liability.
I apologize, definitely not as bad as Ben, but Grates do seem to lack any real practical usage, and usually end up pretty badly.))
((If we have to resort to the spare Grate corpse, the first thing he'll do is try to figure out how to fix that.))

((If the quantum mechanical fuckery is still active, he'd be a good test subject...))
((One thing I was wondering was how to test this without, you know, killing Grate or getting the tester killed.
I was thinking that STEPHEN HAWKING could stab Grate in the chest. After all, Stephen invented children who might or might not have quantum immortality, so it's his duty, and he also invented running from angry synthgiants, so there's that.))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21353 on: December 11, 2013, 11:12:46 pm »

((Have Grate do something he'll probably fail and die a recoverable death from. Jim isn't going to kill Grate for killing Grate. I think, maybe if there's to Grates alive at the same time and one kills the other but I digress.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21354 on: December 11, 2013, 11:14:07 pm »

((Any suggestions? Ideally with IC justifications? I mean, I've been thinking of having the past Grates haunt the next one--or this one, if he survives--but I'm having trouble thinking of why first!Grate or super!Grate would tell the new one to commit suicude.))
Sig

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #21355 on: December 12, 2013, 12:56:25 am »

find other sensor feeds to look through (maybe some thermals on the inside of the ship that can see through the walls?) also continue being curled up behind the AM's counter
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21356 on: December 12, 2013, 10:26:32 am »

Take some shelter somewhere and curl up as small as possible. Make sure to shield my head and neck as much as possible.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21357 on: December 12, 2013, 10:49:16 am »

((Any suggestions? Ideally with IC justifications? I mean, I've been thinking of having the past Grates haunt the next one--or this one, if he survives--but I'm having trouble thinking of why first!Grate or super!Grate would tell the new one to commit suicude.))

((I think it would be more on the lines of new!Grate getting fed up with the voices of his alternate universe counterparts (because that is how quantum mechanics works apparently) and just stabbing himself to shut them up. Also did I mention STEPHEN HAWKING is going to start treating you like his kid now?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21358 on: December 12, 2013, 10:56:04 am »

((I think it would be more on the lines of new!Grate getting fed up with the voices of his alternate universe counterparts (because that is how quantum mechanics works apparently) and just stabbing himself to shut them up. Also did I mention STEPHEN HAWKING is going to start treating you like his kid now?))
((The list of Grate's adoptive parents grows by the day.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21359 on: December 12, 2013, 11:03:56 am »

((The list of Grate's adoptive parents grows by the day.))
((Who wants to take bets on how long until Xan adopts him?))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 ... 2101