_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686135 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21420 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:26 pm »

((Note: dragon wears hat. Sign of evolutionary inferiority?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21421 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:25 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21422 on: December 12, 2013, 11:16:01 pm »

I wonder how long we'll be stuck here just to repair that.

Simus assists in getting wounded into the Infirmary.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21423 on: December 13, 2013, 11:13:41 am »

"Shit, Miya, you okay?"

"Jeezus, look at the destruction, the mayhem! THIS IS GREAT"
"Perhaps she can help you maximize output"
"Yeah man, ask her to teach you how to be less of a pussy"

"Madam! Teach me your ways! Take me as your apprentice in all things spacemagic!"

If the shrapnel has stopped, drop shield, otherwise continue holding the shield and standing behind Miya. Say above to AM in awe-struck voice

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21424 on: December 13, 2013, 11:55:23 am »

((Oh dear.))

Was Gorat hit?
If yes: Try not to bleed out.
If no:
Has the shrapnel stopped?
If yes: Try to help get the wounded to the infirmary.
If no: Try to create a dome of ice to shield everyone from more shrapnel.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You run over to the nearest injured person, who I believe is Auron, and drag him to the infirmary as several others do the same with other injured people. Luckily, the infirmary seems to still have power, though its lights flicker every now and again. The Doctor emerges from the doors into the infirmary rear section and starts directing bodies and nurses around.

((Robot feet, of course. Repair one, replace the other. Imma install rollerblades on 'em.

Also, holy frag grenade. I think a lot of the prep time will now be spent repairing the Sword.))

"Scratch one more for HMRC Plan A, "Let's Shoot The Problem". Though I guess it was the quickest solution."

If in infirmary, wave off any nurses that might have their priorities off enough to try and help, and just apply gauze or whatever is available to keep bleeding to a minimum. Otherwise, just attempt to stem bleeding and direct any would-be helpers to helping someone else whose life might actually be in danger.

In the event the crisis eventually subsides, get patched up, and get replacement prosthetic feet.

[med:2-1]
You steal some gauze and attempt to use it to stop the bleeding.

You some how use it to fashion a noose and hang yourself from the footboard of one of the beds. Luckily a nurse cuts you down just about the time you're starting to see a long tunnel with a light at the end.

((Holy shit.))

Fire fission instigator towards a point in or near the town as long I am out of the danger zone.

Power is out, ya video game addict. No VR for you.

Immediately check myself for injuries and examine the state of my rocket pack. Is it leaking highly dangerous fuel that I don't want to have blown up? If so, detach it and put it in a safe place that's away from anything that could set it off. Then start rounding up the injured into one place for the nurses to pick up.

You appear to be fine. So you grab Thomas and his severed arm and drag them both to the infirmary, inexpertly trying to jam the arm back on as you go.

"Clearly you haven't had the same modifications I have," You say, a bit snobbishly, "You simply must try them. So useful in the case of physical injury."

Agg.  Try to crawl towards the medibay.
Sorry stubby, people who are cut in half outside of a magic show usually don't fair too well. You're dead, friend, but I'm sure someone will come along and scoop your bits up and you'll be alive again soon, with a cool new scar to show all the ladies.

Charles examines his severed toes, rather bemused. "What? I have toes? Why would anyone bother giving a robot toes? ...Wait... WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!"
Charles waits or everyone else to get healed first, then he gets repaired.
Toes, especially the big toe, are important to maintain balance and enable a normal walking motion.

I'm gonna assume you can limp your way to the infirmary carrying Leo's two halves and his spilled out bits as well.

((Anyhow, I'm not adopting the kid just because its trendy.))
((If you hurry, you can do it before it gets cool.))

Dice say no.
((To which? Both?))

The other grate body I think was still out there at the crater. Auron was gonna steal it but it had nothing on it so he left it. Or it's in his box? I forget to be honest. Doesn't really matter though.
((I coulda sworn the other Grate body was brought in by one of the robot people. Or maybe STEPHEN HAWKING, who invented being mistaken for an android.))

Through the myriad holes in the ship, the outside world is visible, as though at the end of a long, metal tunnel. In the distance, beyond the administration building, strange lights fill the sky and great explosions, like a fire cracker string of nukes, can be heard. The ship rumbles constantly and much of the inmate deck has lost power. The few lights that remain on are blinking red emergency lights. Most light comes from streaming in as hard shafts of illumination in the darkness, the bleak light of Hephaestus shining in through the holes in the hull.
((...If we don't survive this, I apologize pre-emptively.))

Stop destroying everything!

NEVER!

Check if the VR works. I shall have my entertainment! If it does, enter it. Check if I can get internet access from it.
The lights don't work, you think the VR will?

((is Jim ok?))
Wake up
Pieces of shrapnel through the lung and heart make it hard to wake up.

(I don't think you're waking up from that, Lenglon.)

"Shit shit shit... anyone who's not hurt, grab someone who's dead and take them to the infirmary..."
Stabilize the most wounded, not dead person.

[med:3+2]
Lucky. I don't think your rep could survive rumors of kicking a cat girl to death.

You stabilize the critically injured lyra and then carry her to the infirmary, where the doctor himself takes her, since none of the nurses seem to know what to do with the weird hybrid.

Keep watching and in BT, ready to avoid or slice anything that's going to hit me.
I just imagine renen, this giant robotic quickdraw samurai standing perfectly still in the hall, hand on his sword, staring off into the distance as people drag corpses and injured people past him.

((GWG/Grate's decision to play with space magic is getting him to the (dis)honorable top rank of HMRC teamkillers. At least we can rest assured there's little chance someone will ever beat China-9's man.))

"That's curious."

Create that ridge then poke it with the alien gauntlet.

[will:6+1-1]
You create rather enormous ridge on your arm; it's more like a fin then anything else. Oh well.

[will:3+1]
You poke at the ridge with your gauntlet and get sudden, if incomplete, insight on the symbiosis. It seems like you could probably form just about anything with it, assuming you had the raw material to use. Right now it's using carbon from your body, so you'll need to eat to keep supplying it. That, or give it straight materials to use.

Grow thick armor while curling in on myself. Hope that drone eye thing is recording good.
I hope it's recording well.

[will:3+1+1]

You grow yourself a heavy turtle like shell and hide inside it.

She protects me, after all. ...Well, this time.
Wait a few seconds to check if it's still raining fiery high-speed death. If the barrage is over, uncurl and hurry to get the wounded to the infirmary.
Just how damaged is the Sword? And what in the world is going on outside?
... Poor Grate.

((Awww, I didn't get my own 'Oh dear' :P ))
((those were reserved for people who are now missing one or more body parts.))
I think we got everyone who was injured to the infirmary? At least everyone I can remember without checking. We'll assume you help the rest of the people there, if there are any.

((It's reasonably safe to assume that this shrapnel is phasing in and out of reality- it phased out through Jim and in through Lyra.  That, or the angle was funny.))

((Also, I cite this turn for any point in which anyone mocks Lars and his faith.  He damn sure is lucky when it comes to avoiding serious injury.))

Lars shakes his head as he lands from his contact with the wall.  Truly the gods want him alive... oh dear Steve!  "Most Glorious Steve!  Your avatar is hurt!  A thousand thanks and years of service in your debt for saving me!"

He goes to fetch Steve's arm, seemingly oblivious to everyone else around him.

Get Steve's arm and hand it back reverently.
((The shrapnel is just channeling old school DF arrows that could pierce both lungs, an eye, a knee cap, nose, and big toe all at once while completely missing anything around those parts))

You give steve back his arm and he takes it with a bemused sort of expression.

Lenglon, if you want to have Jim carry Lyra to the infirmary, go ahead.
For Jim: carry Lyra to the infirmary.
Well, he at least follows her there.
Steve, all clear? Predictably after that, we have wounded.

IF horrible shrapnel death is over, leave the blackship and begin taking wounded and pieces of wounded to the infirmary. Leave Morul in the blackship for now if I don't have time to get to him. He's not bleeding out, he's fine :P

Otherwise, continue using Morul as a shield. Hope he doesn't wake up.

You help maurice clean up the less injured and the mildly annoyed people and bring them to the infirmary.

Dubley's gonna drag anyone injured to the infirmary. While there, get my scalp/hair transplant installed. Thank Auron if I see him.
Auron is missing a leg so he's a bit busy. Yes, it went through his exosuit. It penetrated a dang avatar after all. This shrapnel isn't normal shit.

You walk into the infirmary and start shouting about getting your unconventional hairplugs installed.

They seem a bit busy though, what with all the injured and half dead people..

set gungnirs diffusion to 5, intensity to 1 and tesla function to off.
Place barrel almost directly to my femur hole and cauterize that shit.
Grab severed leg and drag self to infirmary.
Get leg re-aattached, finish attaching thermal cameras if theres time.

Auron: Not gonna let something like a severed leg prevent him from tinkering.

[handi:2+1]
Your attachment of those cameras is very poor. Might be blood loss effecting motor skills, might simply be a lack of training. Hard to say. You pull them off, anticipating a desire to try again.

"AWESOME!, woohoo!, although the damage to the ship is going to be a pain to deal with"
bring up a map of the ship on datapad and begin marking holes on it, including path through the hull, start inside armoury them move through the ship

I like how Your new character appears to be an OCD maintenance man. Mopping up blood, carrying in boxes, marking down damage. I'm tempted to have you stick around as Simus' second in command overseeing the planet. Though...simus is functionally immortal and you would age with every time skip caused by the sword's jumps...Hmm.

((How, by killing most of the civilians?))

((Brilliant, isn't it?))
((The HMRC- discovering ways to work smart, not hard, since whenever.))

Carry the wounded who aren't receiving assistance to the infirmary. And any severed body parts, as applicable.

I can't wait to see what happens when you guys are in charge of the galaxy.

"M'lord! The people of Vergon 8 are starving!"

"Power up the mass accelerator. No man goes hungry in the New UWM! No living man, that is"

*Rubs hands together fiendishly*

((Er, piecewise? How is the location of the shot-Grate not important? For one thing there were like 6 robots AND STEPHEN HAWKING that included getting that corpse to the infirmary in their action when that happened, and for another thing if it IS in the infirmary where it has every right to be then we should be able to revive that Grate. Because clearly what we need is more of him :P))

STEPHEN HAWKING continues looking for the other Grate around the infirmary, and puts his "gift" to the doctor someplace the wave of pussieswounded
won't trip over it.

((Also, STEPHEN HAWKING doesn't have to dodge debris, debris knows better.))
You walk up to the Doctor and show him your project. He looks at it like a parent trying to decipher exactly what their small child made for them out of Macaroni and white glue. He appears to be leaning toward Belt buckle.

As per why it's not important, thats simple. It's because REDACTED have made him REDACTED so he won't REDACTED, at least until REDACTED.

Continue being comatose until I'm not.

((Well.))
Aaaaand you're not anymore. Yay 5 rolls off screen.

Seeing as how using manip to actively push away debris didn't count, Miya will try to put up a wall of force (like the one Pancaek put up) to deflect further shrapnel. If shrapnel stops flying, he releases his protectohug and lies around waiting to be repaired.

If, however, Steve or the AM calls for assistance, he will provide that (probably not, but eh, can't hurt to put it in my action).

((Question: seeing as how Pancaek is putting up a forcewall to protect himself, and is also hiding behind Miya, shouldn't that wall have protected Miya as well?))
((This shrapnel is particularly angry about you having limbs. You actually got endurance bonuses from his wall and your suit, which is good because you rolled really shit for it. Without his wall you might have actually been injured, as in your actual physical body. And woooo boy I'm glad that didn't happen. Pilots dying before their avatar is...well it's not great. ))

You let people out of your protective hug and test your leg. You're not gonna be running, but you're pretty sure you could limp, at least.

Teal felt a sudden, incredible urge to raid the armory.
Followed by a sudden, incredible phantom shock to the back of his spine.

Hmm... better not.
Diagnose damage to blackship. If alright, go help with repairs at the sword
The blackship, thanks to it's smaller profile, isn't as badly damaged as the sword, but it does have it's fair share of new, structurally superfluous air vents. Luckily none of them seem to have damaged anything hazardous; no fuel leaks or reactor core damage. It's definitely gonna need some repairs to be flight worthy though.

I wonder how long we'll be stuck here just to repair that.

Simus assists in getting wounded into the Infirmary.
This action seems very fashionable these days.

"Shit, Miya, you okay?"

"Jeezus, look at the destruction, the mayhem! THIS IS GREAT"
"Perhaps she can help you maximize output"
"Yeah man, ask her to teach you how to be less of a pussy"

"Madam! Teach me your ways! Take me as your apprentice in all things spacemagic!"

If the shrapnel has stopped, drop shield, otherwise continue holding the shield and standing behind Miya. Say above to AM in awe-struck voice

She's a little busy right now. Please feel free to declare her your space queen later though.

Conspiracy theory fuel for the day: The armory master hasn't slept in several hundred objective years.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21425 on: December 13, 2013, 12:08:13 pm »

((Clearly the secret to her power is caffeine.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21426 on: December 13, 2013, 12:17:41 pm »

"Auuuuuuuugghhhhh. What happened? Why are there holes everywhere?"

Determine brain points, then head towards the gangplank.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21427 on: December 13, 2013, 12:30:26 pm »

Conspiracy theory fuel for the day: The armory master hasn't slept in several hundred objective years.
((Woah woah woah. There are objective years? There must be some kind of conspiracy started in the 20th century using the idea of universally subjective time to hide the true nature of existence, which is how manipulators and such exist!
Because this is clearly the most conspiracy-theory-worth part of that statement.))

Try to stop destroying everything.

Have my other body be reviveable. And ideally revived.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21428 on: December 13, 2013, 12:31:46 pm »

((Objective years as not subjective to relativity and time dilation.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21429 on: December 13, 2013, 12:32:51 pm »

((Those don't exist, any more than relative velocity does. That's my point.))
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21430 on: December 13, 2013, 12:37:40 pm »

"So, Steve. What's happening currently? Seems pretty alarming."

Ask the ceiling this. Wonder if Steve will answer. Dance over to the science lab, check if that's open.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #21431 on: December 13, 2013, 12:48:46 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING suddenly feels really embarrassed, and attempts to explain it is supposed to be an angel. Stitched together from sods. STEPHEN HAWKING INVENTED INEXPERT KNITTING!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21432 on: December 13, 2013, 01:03:24 pm »

((Those don't exist, any more than relative velocity does. That's my point.))
true enough, a big problem in ERverse is that time keeping between planets, especially when you lose decades getting anywhere, is keeping universally accepted time.

However, in this case we're talking about "objective" time as the measure of time as dictated by the "Universal clock" on the original earth. They made it to give humanity a single time keeping device on which they could measure everything else, but it never really saw use as such and now sits as a curious endeavor of questionable Wisdom. Much like Esperanto or 21st century concepts of modesty. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21433 on: December 13, 2013, 01:07:38 pm »

* Toaster checks date on the Universal Earth Clock

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21434 on: December 13, 2013, 01:12:59 pm »

Wait for power to return.
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 2101