_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728112 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21525 on: December 14, 2013, 12:54:01 pm »

Lars grovels more around Steve.  "O my great and powerful master, what may I do to serve in this time of crisis?"

Grovel.  Ask.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21526 on: December 14, 2013, 01:08:33 pm »

((Nyars sells packages that are color and symbol coded, which contain discarded/weird tech and stuff. I believe Parisbre has a full list of what people have gotten out of them in his sig))
((Paris has a list of everything in his sig.))
((A. The list of Nyars' objects is in Thearpox's sig and B. You're the one to talk. You've got the entire forum in your sig.

One could say, your sig is so fat, it takes up 5 posts. <insert other paraphrasings of 'your mom' jokes here> ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21527 on: December 14, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »

Well I assume that is what it would do, seems logical, just like everyone knew that eating the battery pill would be a REALLY bad idea.
((DAMMIT THE DOCTOR SAID IT MIGHT GO WRONG! MIGHT!))
((Are you sure he meant it literally like that and not just saying "might" in the same way one would say, "it might be a bad idea to snort polonium and cuddle the Demon Core?"))
((Well, that's more useful when there are a bunch of obvious problems and no possible benefits. The amp pill was something that could have gone really really well or really really badly, as well as when you can hear their tone. And when you're messing with stuff that could destroy entire cities, you don't want to be vague.))

((Nyars sells packages that are color and symbol coded, which contain discarded/weird tech and stuff. I believe Parisbre has a full list of what people have gotten out of them in his sig))
((A. The list of Nyars' objects is in Thearpox's sig and B. You're the one to talk. You've got the entire forum in your sig.

One could say, your sig is so fat, it takes up 5 posts. <insert other paraphrasings of 'your mom' jokes here> ))
((1. That was a compliment.
2. My sig only takes up three posts, and two of them aren't anywhere near full!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21528 on: December 14, 2013, 02:14:00 pm »

((Perhaps he assumed it was obvious since it was a pill created from parts of an eldritch calculator. Wait, did he tell The Doctor that was what it was made from? Anyway, it's The Doctor, for all we know he could be safely using those every week to summon his drinking buddies for poker night.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21529 on: December 14, 2013, 02:22:02 pm »

((Has anyone thought of restricting the pill box? Locking it up somewhere that can only be accessed by specific people? Or if that's impossible, destroy it?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #21530 on: December 14, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »

((1. That was a compliment.
2. My sig only takes up three posts, and two of them aren't anywhere near full!))
1.I thought it would be funny to write a compliment about your sig that way... for some reason... I have a weird sense of humor like that. Seriously, I like your sig, it's fun.
2.Excuses, excuses...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21531 on: December 14, 2013, 02:34:37 pm »

((Has anyone thought of restricting the pill box? Locking it up somewhere that can only be accessed by specific people? Or if that's impossible, destroy it?))
((Oh come on. It's like Three Mile Island; one near-disaster and everyone wants to stop you from using it ever again. I promise never to put anything I don't understand into the pill machine again...and unless someone figures out how to pick the lockers' locks, Grate should be the only person who can access it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21532 on: December 14, 2013, 02:36:40 pm »

unless someone figures out how to pick the lockers' locks
((It's called a laser rifle. Or an amp. Or a manipulator. I'm sure people can, considering The Locker Knight.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21533 on: December 14, 2013, 02:37:33 pm »

unless someone figures out how to pick the lockers' locks
((It's called a laser rifle. Or an amp. Or a manipulator. I'm sure people can, considering The Locker Knight.))
((Wouldn't all of those have a chance of damaging the pill machine?
And seriously, what kind of person would break into a child's locker to misuse a machine that would get them killed by the AM if they misused it?))
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21534 on: December 14, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »

((Not really, you could just slice the lock. Anyway, to answer the second part, about 30% of HMRC. Probably more if none of the Grates are revived.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21535 on: December 14, 2013, 02:43:46 pm »

((Oh come on. It's like Three Mile Island; one near-disaster and everyone wants to stop you from using it ever again. I promise never to put anything I don't understand into the pill machine again...and unless someone figures out how to pick the lockers' locks, Grate should be the only person who can access it.))

((Are you defending the pill machine by comparing it to a really dangerous thing that kills tons of people IRL? Doesn't help convince me. Because of other people, the situation is like Three Mile if everyone went, "Look, we just killed a ton of people! Let's do it again, maybe we can get cool stuff!"

And Grate...I won't say he deserved what happened, but I knew what would happen when he tested the machine out. I didn't predict the actual subsequent situation, but I knew it was gonna' be a bad time.))

((Not really, you could just slice the lock. Anyway, to answer the second part, about 30% of HMRC. Probably more if none of the Grates are revived.))

((I don't literally mean locked with an actual, physical lock. I mean metaphorically, like we lock that shit down.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21536 on: December 14, 2013, 02:45:56 pm »

((I was responding to @GWG's comment about it being in Grate's locker. The disposal or sequestration would be easy, just give it to the AM.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21537 on: December 14, 2013, 02:47:48 pm »

((I was responding to @GWG's comment about it being in Grate's locker. The disposal or sequestration would be easy, just give it to the AM.))

((I understand now, and support your idea if we come to that point.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21538 on: December 14, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »

((How are the lockers set up, anyways?
And I don't think the risk of being permakilled by the AM is worth the potential power, so we shouldn't be getting highly dangerous issues. Natural selection should clear that up, at least.))

((Are you defending the pill machine by comparing it to a really dangerous thing that kills tons of people IRL?
((...You are an IDIOT. Okay, maybe that's a bit harsh, but your statement grates so much with reality.
Three Mile Island--the incident I referred to, and a decent parallel since the AM is quarantining this pretty well--was not a meltdown, it was merely close to one. As for nuclear power in general, it does not "kill tons of people". All the deaths from nuclear power plants have been from the two, count them two, meltdowns, which were both caused in part by outdated designs and either a rather stupid experiment (Chernobyl) or absolutely everything going wrong that could (Fukishima). It's safer than coal mining, oil drilling, or really any other practical power source we have. The only competitors either require fairly substantial amounts of space and capital (wind, solar) or are only possible in a few areas (geothermal, hydroelectric).))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #21539 on: December 14, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »

"Auuuuuuuugghhhhh. What happened? Why are there holes everywhere?"

Determine brain points, then head towards the gangplank.
Brain points= 0
Leg control=0
bowel control=.5

You attempt to move. It fails. You attempt to sing showtunes. That works.

Conspiracy theory fuel for the day: The armory master hasn't slept in several hundred objective years.
((Woah woah woah. There are objective years? There must be some kind of conspiracy started in the 20th century using the idea of universally subjective time to hide the true nature of existence, which is how manipulators and such exist!
Because this is clearly the most conspiracy-theory-worth part of that statement.))

Try to stop destroying everything.

Have my other body be reviveable. And ideally revived.

Wait.

For.

It.

"So, Steve. What's happening currently? Seems pretty alarming."

Ask the ceiling this. Wonder if Steve will answer. Dance over to the science lab, check if that's open.

Whats happening is I'm reconsidering my stance on drug enforcement
Steve's synthflesh body shouts from down the hall, apparently unable to speak through the PA.

You shrug and jitter bug over to the labs. The massive blast doors are still sealed, though they're pot-marked with damage. The guy at the kiosk near the doors is dead. Or at least you would assume so; sort of hard to see into the booth with all that blood and brain matter splattered over the inside of the glass.

Nyars is standing around nearby, trying to look like he wasn't complicit in any of this.

STEPHEN HAWKING suddenly feels really embarrassed, and attempts to explain it is supposed to be an angel. Stitched together from sods. STEPHEN HAWKING INVENTED INEXPERT KNITTING!
Now, see, the doctor is currently wrist deep in a catgirl, the sort of position one does not usually find themselves in outside of one of the high price, specialized "Friendship clubs" of Nippon-3. And he's got a least a half dozen other people that need tending too, all in various states of dead, dying, or whining.  He's got one eyebrow raised at you as though to say "Ok, what about it?" and doesn't seem to want to wait long for a reply. 

Wait for power to return.
If apathy generated a usable electrical current then ARM could power the universe. Unfortunately it does not, so you may want to find something better to do with your time then wait. Because you will be waiting a while.

Make another drone eye thing, but with little spider legs and ingrained neural instructions to go out, see what's happening and check if the original's still alive. If it's still alive, return back to me. If not, go to a good viewpoint and continue recording.

Quote from: Xan->Doc
What exactly is happening? How did the child obtain that strength?
It isn't his.
[will:6+1+1]
You accidentally make the proto brain too large and it skitters off on it's own accord, looking rather hungry.

Oh great. You just created The Thing.

See if there's anyone else badly injured.  Stabilize if so, if not, just carry the last people to the infirmary.

RUN MESK. Xan's left testicle has gained sentience and it is hungry!

((Well, consider that even the dead people have 5 hours to be rescued and the injured ones have that time and the time to die to be fixed, and that this is an unique event for us, Renen's sense says to watch it and ignore the unfortunate ones.))

Start recording the happenings, and keep watching for strategic purposes.

Quote from: To Doc
How would you stop the great child bomb that is attacking us right now?
I know, I just find the mental image funny.

Relativistic Kill vehicles

Loiter around the hospital, waiting to get hair attached.
Examine the hair. What colour is it? texture? length?

The scalp appears shaved, but the little bit of stubble growing in looks black or dark brown.

((Hey PW, question. Why hasn't anyone used manipulators or amps (gravity/vector specifically) to develop faster FTL than the very slow (comparatively) one that we currently have? Or is the Sword already propelled by amp power?))

I don't believe I ever said that the two phenomena were unrelated.
May uncurls from her fetal position. "Oh, we're still alive!...Thomas? You...oh no. Your arm. Don't worry, May has just the thing."

Unleash Sexual Healing on Thomas's bleeding arm. Then take him to med-bay.
Bit slow there, hamboe. Thomas and his severed yet still turgid bits have been taken away already.

re-attach thermal cameras, preferably correctly.
[Handi:2]
You forget how to whistle and spend the next several minutes trying to guess why you were even thinking about that.

((This shrapnel is particularly angry about you having limbs. You actually got endurance bonuses from his wall and your suit, which is good because you rolled really shit for it. Without his wall you might have actually been injured, as in your actual physical body. And woooo boy I'm glad that didn't happen. Pilots dying before their avatar is...well it's not great. ))

((Ah, thanks for clearing that up then. Woo +2 End!

Note to self: look up what happens when pilots die but Avatars are still functional.))

Await repairing. Busy myself with trying to turn some of the surrounding debris into a little block of C4. Only a little bit, to see if it works. Stop doing it if head goes a-hurting.

[int:3+1]
Ok, you're fairly certain you know what the formula for c4 is.

[uncon:6+1 DECOMP:5]

You scrape together a little pile of scrap metal and squeeze it into a lump before trying to turn it into c4. The pile glows brightly as it's molecular structure is reformed into a solid white plastic substance. You get a rather impure form of c4, but you think it would be functional

((I feel like Avatars are incredibly, incredibly intelligent, though.

It might just turn itself in to get it's pilot resurrected.
Or it could make a bid for freedom.))

Time to get to work.
Join the other engineers fixing the power situation on the sword.

... Do not blow anything up

You start reaching into the walls and poking around before steve stops you.

>Don't bother. If we're not getting power it means all three of the backup lines have been severed as well as the main. I'm having someone in maintenance check it out as we speak. Once they're done I'll direct repairs up here.

((@PW yeah the OCD maintenance man is a very apt description, staying on Hephaestus sounds fun, what would that entail though?, also would it be possible to get genetic treatment with the DNA of turriptosis nurticula (immortal jellyfish) to avoid the whole not-being functionally immortal problem?))
"Okay now that the major damage has been cataloged time for the minor dama..."*sees blood all-over the floor*"FOR GODS SAKE! I just cleaned that! what is the point of cleaning the floors around here? "*sigh*
begin cleaning blood and assorted bits off the infirmary hall floor

We'd probably just stick you in a robot. Cheaper, plus you don't have to revert to a infant every now and again. Simus doesn't strike me as the motherly type, after all. As per what it would entail, lots of mini missions, choosing how to manage the facility along with simus, etc.

Ever heard of that game about cleaning up the gore from FPS words after the player has passed through?

I can haz healthcare?

The doctor is providing. You can assume he's done after this turn.

((Makes you wonder what else is inside an Avatar...))

Ask Steve what can be fixed or needs to be done right now and how things are going on outside.

>Well, it seems things outside are done now. The Armory master's signal is moving back this way,at least. Though that could be sensor noise from the fact that the hull is on fire.

Welcome aboard!

(I guess I just post my sheet here.)
Spoiler: Sean O'Derry (click to show/hide)
(Here to fuck shit up and be an all-round badass. :P)

((FUCK. YOU. ALL.))

Don't worry, thats a standard reaction.

Just keep in mind the one Truism of ER:
"No matter how horrifying or deadly the enemy, your allies shall always be worse."

((And do not trust any medic with a name other than Maurice or Von Nost.))

(( HEY, I haven't horribly mutilated anyone with my medicing yet! Also, have I posted an action yet?
NOPE!))

Alright... Steve, can we attempt to get back to our jobs now, or did they essentially just explode?

Talk at Steve. If time to get back to work, go listen to Steve.

Otherwise, get a more in-depth damage report of the blackship using ship computer diagnostics.

At this point, I think the missions of old have been replaced by "Survey damage", "Find survivors", and "Silence witnesses".

This is why we can't have nice things, Grate. This is why we can't have nice things!

"Steve, would it possible for me to purchase a speech decompensator and pay it off later? Normally, I'd assume it's out o the question, but, by the looks of what happening, diplomacy may be too difficult without one..."
Inquire

No response from the PA's. Guess they're borked.

Also...maybe. I dunno. I'll have to think about it.

((Wait. Are you thinking about taking MORE 'evil eldritch being attractor' pills?))

I believe this is what is called the ER mindset.

"Oh, this went horribly and killed dozens of people and wasn't effective? Clearly the problem was that we didn't do it HARD ENOUGH!"

Not much to do aside from waiting until the anomaly's been dealt with and probably killed someone else in the process.

Spend another turn slowly concentrating on using the glove (dynamic bonus).

You chant a mantra of technical excellence. It involves the word "synergy" in great abundance.

"I have a suspicion... that I am not suited for a career in medicine. Ow."

Receive medical aid, and replacement cyberfeet.

I'll say that not only do you have new feet but that they have those roller skate add ons you so desire.

Loiter around the hangar area, send mail to AM. If corpse cleanup duty can start, report for duty to where I need to be

Quote from: Pancaek -> AM
Dear ma'am,

I have to admit that I was already a big fan of yours before this little debacle, but now that I have actually seen you at work, I must confess that you have become somewhat of a hero to me.
Is there any chance you would take me as your apprentice in all things space magic?

Love and huggles,

Pancaek Nilys

((Who is Nyars and what other awful pieces of tech have you recieved from him?))

You loiter in the Hanger. Good choice, you'll get a good view of this next part.

Lars grovels more around Steve.  "O my great and powerful master, what may I do to serve in this time of crisis?"

Grovel.  Ask.

Steve hands you back his arm.

"Grab a camera and take some pictures of that. Might be a good mascot for our new little army."

The Doors to the hanger creak for a second and then slam open. The armory master comes walking back in, carrying an uninjured, very human looking Grate in her arms. Behind her, the sky is a deep crimson, crackling with purple-blue lightning. Strange displays of twisting light and shadow and things that look like flame but don't act like it curl and flicker in the distance. The administration building itself is badly damaged and only half the gangway remains, hanging lonely and strangely monolithic, pointing toward the crater in the building where it used to connect. Even from a distance it's clear that the building and the land around it isn't just damaged; it's changed.

The Armory Master Hands the unconcious grate to Pancaek.

"I killed the dangerous one and this one popped into existence a moment later. Not sure how, or why. Don't really care at this point." She says, seeming rather tired.

"Hey Steve, I didn't mange to stop him before things went Class 3 out there. Sorry."

She pats Pancaek on the shoulder and wanders off down the hall, seemingly oblivious to the damage around her.

Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 2101