_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5716582 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21570 on: December 14, 2013, 04:44:28 pm »

((Uh oh.))

Go find someone who is willing to have a conversation.
Hey bro.
Nice coat.
Wanna burn something?

Talk to Jack Hansan.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:52:41 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21571 on: December 14, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »

((Man, I didn't expect this to start. Damn.

I'm just going to discount any justifications in-game by using RL examples, because reality in itself doesn't hold up to logic or rationalism.
((It's called an analogy.))

What's beyond the edge of the universe? And what's beyond that?
((What is the number past infinity? Infinity. By definition, anything that exists is in the universe. There might be arguments, but they rely on things that we can't reach and that are not past the edge of the universe any more than Twilight is past the edge of TLotR.))

Why do we exist?
((When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...
And if you mean "we" as in "everything," well, we're working on it. Currently, there's a singularity in the way.))

Is there a such thing as free will?
((Technically, no. Practically, yes.))

I was actually going to IC suggest an "engineering corps" detachment within the new ARM, so as to accommodate non-combat personnel like Grate (and to a degree, Anton) and give them a sort of a composite outlet.
To that end, the old HMRC quarters, now severely damaged and in need of renovation, would get its own laboratory/workshop, separate from the Armory, where tinkerers could pool their resources and work on prototypes together. Tinker is great, but it doesn't help much for actual building, and acquisition of resources.))
((...
I approve of this plan.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21572 on: December 14, 2013, 04:52:55 pm »

((Uh oh.))

Hey bro.
Nice coat.
Wanna burn something?

Talk to Jack Hansan.

"What sort of something?"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21573 on: December 14, 2013, 04:57:54 pm »

((Uh oh.))

Hey bro.
Nice coat.
Wanna burn something?

Talk to Jack Hansan.

Dubley lights a molotov.
How about everything?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21574 on: December 14, 2013, 05:05:11 pm »

Lemme dig in my library for a few.....

There we are. "When Science goes wrong" by Levay.
It involves impalement with a control rod.
((Ah PW, you may not be a scientist, but at least you are a science fan, which is good enough for me!
Though I don't share your exact opinion on nuclear power (FUSION4LIFE) I must agree that there has been far too much misinformation and scaremongering on this topic (and other topics too, unfortunately. No, GMO's are not, in fact, here to consume your children and corrupt your souls). But I'll save you my thoughts on the subject in favor of keeping the thread clean 'n all.I'm sure there is already a thread for discussing this somewhere.))

((Isnt it obvious? Massive battle royale to see who gets the looting rights.))
(( The winner of this battle? The suit. ))
((I wonder, even without the whole 'Avatar killing everyone ever' thing, if avatars can be piloted again after their original pilot is dead. More research!))

((I feel like Avatars are incredibly, incredibly intelligent, though.
It might just turn itself in to get it's pilot resurrected.
Or it could make a bid for freedom.))
((The pilot of an Avatar isn't just a pilot, he is the main thing keeping it from going haywire and destroying everything in sight. For more info, check this post and the ones after that (mainly Miya doing research).
((Plus, y'know, if I do that I'll have a +4 to Will anyway to ensure maximum safety.))
((You assume that even getting a five every turn would be good. It could also, just diminish the Bad Stuff. Like, getting shot in the chest by a gauss rifle will frak up your day, even if you roll 5 for end. It will lessen the damage by a good amount, but still, you ain't coming out of that stronger.
Also, I believe there are in-game ways to boost certain stats, though it'll cost tokens and might have other bad/unforeseeable effects.))

(Finally biting the bullet because Xantalos told me to. How do I sign up?)
((Welcome! Always happy to get more lambs for the slaughter esteemed comrades in arms.))
That does give me an idea, though. You could make effective suicide bombers with these pills. I mean, planet-busting suicide bombers. Could probably destroy a whole UWM fleet if everything goes well.))
((We vie for surrender, send a diplomat to negotiate terms, then give that guy has a hollow tooth with a manip pill. Hilarity (?) ensues.))

I was actually going to IC suggest an "engineering corps" detachment within the new ARM, so as to accommodate non-combat personnel like Grate (and to a degree, Anton) and give them a sort of a composite outlet.
To that end, the old HMRC quarters, now severely damaged and in need of renovation, would get its own laboratory/workshop, separate from the Armory, where tinkerers could pool their resources and work on prototypes together. Tinker is great, but it doesn't help much for actual building, and acquisition of resources.))

((Might wanna take a look here.

Just in case you decide to go through with this, you already have a logo! And one of them (courtesy of Pyro) doesn't suck!))

((@ GWG: I think you should just keep Grate going the support roll. Go for something aux as a 'main weapon', use a low-end gun and manip in the meantime (you have good enough intel to use manips, though you'll need to invest some points into uncon to make it work. Still, having a manip is great as back-up/support, and otherwise those mind points go unused anyways.)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:53:50 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21575 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12:53 pm »

((Plus, y'know, if I do that I'll have a +4 to Will anyway to ensure maximum safety.))
((You assume that even getting a five every turn would be good. It could also, just diminish the Bad Stuff. Like, getting shot in the chest by a gauss rifle will frak up your day, even if you roll 5 for end. It will lessen the damage by a good amount, but still, you ain't coming out of that stronger.
Also, I believe there are in-game ways to boost certain stats, though it'll cost tokens and might have other bad/unforeseeable effects.))

((@ GWG: I think you should just keep Grate going the support roll. Go for something aux as a 'main weapon', use a low-end gun and manip in the meantime (you have good enough intel to use manips, though you'll need to invest some points into uncon to make it work. Still, having a manip is great as back-up/support, and otherwise those mind points go unused anyways.)
((I know. I was planning to have Grate invest in...some kind of space magic. But for now, I'm having trouble imagining him being willing to so much as touch a manipulator.
And what do you have in mind for a "something aux"?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Everyone else.
« Reply #21576 on: December 14, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »

"So... whatever the ####ing #### that was, it seems to be ####ing over? I need a ####ing smoke."

Go to the presumably re-re-(...)-wrecked rec room, and light a blue smoke. Sit down wherever there is an opportunity, ideally the couch.

((Or maybe not.))

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 03:17:28 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21577 on: December 14, 2013, 05:21:22 pm »

((I know. I was planning to have Grate invest in...some kind of space magic. But for now, I'm having trouble imagining him being willing to so much as touch a manipulator.
And what do you have in mind for a "something aux"?))

((Drone pallet/gunner bot for offense (or some other system I'm sure you could tinker up (could ask help from the several tinker addicts if you want to or if you need ideas). Maybe a cutting laser or universal computer interface or big toolbox too, or something else (depends on what you want to focus on really).))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:24:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21578 on: December 14, 2013, 05:23:44 pm »

((Uh oh.))

Hey bro.
Nice coat.
Wanna burn something?

Talk to Jack Hansan.

Dubley lights a molotov.
How about everything?

"..."

Jack slowly turns around and walks away.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21579 on: December 14, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

-Snip-

((Avoiding my most critical question though, huh? It seems even your knowledge can't hold up to explaining such a massive upset, or you're going to Alabama for school.))

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21580 on: December 14, 2013, 05:57:54 pm »

make sure i still have dynamic bonus, attach cameras.
If successful, charge scalp attachment bonus.
If unsuccessful, rage.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21581 on: December 14, 2013, 06:03:00 pm »

-Snip-
((Avoiding my most critical question though, huh? It seems even your knowledge can't hold up to explaining such a massive upset, or you're going to Alabama for school.))
((Hey now, that was uncalled for. :P
Seriously, though, I don't even know what that last one is.))
Sig

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21582 on: December 14, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

((The control rod guy was the SL-1 accident, right?  I think they set the all-time record for radiation exposure to a human being.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21583 on: December 14, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

((Well, all-time record until the HMRC gets founded.))
Sig

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21584 on: December 14, 2013, 06:13:05 pm »

((oh, and GWG, I'm more impressed that Grate seems to have made the AM break a sweat.  That's quite the thing.  Wonder what class III means.))
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 2101