_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686461 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: OSHA nightmares
« Reply #21585 on: December 14, 2013, 06:15:20 pm »

((oh, and GWG, I'm more impressed that Grate seems to have made the AM break a sweat.  That's quite the thing.  Wonder what class III means.))
((I'd say the crystal thing we encountered on the planetoid was at most a Class II.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21586 on: December 14, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »

((oh, and GWG, I'm more impressed that Grate seems to have made the AM break a sweat.  That's quite the thing.  Wonder what class III means.))
((If that's Class 3, I wonder what higher classes would be...
And lower ones, I guess.))

((I'd say the crystal thing we encountered on the planetoid was at most a Class II.))
((You've only encountered one crystal on a planetoid?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21587 on: December 14, 2013, 06:17:51 pm »

((No idea. It may be this.

Also, TROPES FOR THE TROPE GOD!

Just added a few, mostly to mission 7. More ideas are welcome.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21588 on: December 14, 2013, 06:19:05 pm »

((If that's Class 3, I wonder what higher classes would be...
And lower ones, I guess.))

((Only one that mattered.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21589 on: December 14, 2013, 06:29:31 pm »

((No idea. It may be this.
((...That would be amusing.))

[/quote]((Only one that mattered.))
[/quote]
((Oh. What did it do?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21590 on: December 14, 2013, 06:37:13 pm »

((Oh. What did it do?))
((Indirectly caused damage to, then loss of our shuttle, injured several people, shrugged off and returned amplified by several orders of magnitude a shot of Lukas's particle cannon, nearly melted our robot overlords (Miyamoto in Gilgamesh, and Lukas), burned a new canyon through the planetoid, damn near destroyed our whole base by trying to wrestle with a nearby gravity anomaly, and in doing so caused the loss of Anton's right leg. So it was a pretty vile thing.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21591 on: December 14, 2013, 06:39:47 pm »

((I was actually going to IC suggest an "engineering corps" detachment within the new ARM, so as to accommodate non-combat personnel like Grate (and to a degree, Anton) and give them a sort of a composite outlet.

To that end, the old HMRC quarters, now severely damaged and in need of renovation, would get its own laboratory/workshop, separate from the Armory, where tinkerers could pool their resources and work on prototypes together. Tinker is great, but it doesn't help much for actual building, and acquisition of resources.))

((Hey, if Simus gets the job of Hephaestus Administrator but also gets to do it remotely from the Sword, she might be able to arrange such an Engineering Corps and Workshop area (and keep the latter fully stocked).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21592 on: December 14, 2013, 06:51:58 pm »

((Oh. What did it do?))
((Indirectly caused damage to, then loss of our shuttle, injured several people, shrugged off and returned amplified by several orders of magnitude a shot of Lukas's particle cannon, nearly melted our robot overlords (Miyamoto in Gilgamesh, and Lukas), burned a new canyon through the planetoid, damn near destroyed our whole base by trying to wrestle with a nearby gravity anomaly, and in doing so caused the loss of Anton's right leg. So it was a pretty vile thing.))
((Not Anton's leg!))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21593 on: December 14, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »

((Oh. What did it do?))
((Not Anton's leg!))
((Well, it did result in the creation of this thing to help Anton move around, so perhaps it wasn't all bad.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21594 on: December 14, 2013, 07:49:30 pm »

((Hey, if Simus gets the job of Hephaestus Administrator but also gets to do it remotely from the Sword, she might be able to arrange such an Engineering Corps and Workshop area (and keep the latter fully stocked).))

(( As a potential member of the medical tech portion of any engineering corps, I support this motion :P ))

At this point, I think the missions of old have been replaced by "Survey damage", "Find survivors", and "Silence witnesses".

(( Two of those sound suspiciously conflicting :P
Also....))

You shrug and jitter bug over to the labs. The massive blast doors are still sealed, though they're pot-marked with damage. The guy at the kiosk near the doors is dead. Or at least you would assume so; sort of hard to see into the booth with all that blood and brain matter splattered over the inside of the glass.

Nyars is standing around nearby, trying to look like he wasn't complicit in any of this.

(( Wat. ))

Right. Well, tell us what needs doing, Steve. I'm up for some diagnostic work, just say the word.

Chat at Steve, head off to do what he says needs doing :P

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #21595 on: December 14, 2013, 08:30:20 pm »

((Hopefully I will be joining you in the administration of Hephaestus, and hopefully be able to assist in mass production models of said prototypes))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #21596 on: December 14, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »

((Hopefully I will be joining you in the administration of Hephaestus, and hopefully be able to assist in mass production models of said prototypes))

((I do believe that PW intends it to be a one-person job.

Also, he's now told me that Simus would have to stay behind on Hephaestus.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21597 on: December 14, 2013, 09:20:14 pm »

((I do believe that PW intends it to be a one-person job.

Also, he's now told me that Simus would have to stay behind on Hephaestus.))

(( Nah, PW actually said he was considering leaving Corsair with you as well, since that character has been doing basic facility maintenance since he got out of the tube :P ))

(( Oh, I suppose we got an all clear, so I should update the counter :P ))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Team Killer edition
« Reply #21598 on: December 14, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »

Lars looked dumbstruck at the arm.  A holy relic!  Here, in his arms!  Cameras, whatever, what about a hermetically sealed box?

"Thy will be done, Most Glorious Steve!  I will do as you command!"

Take pictures of arm with suit camera in suitably dramatic backgrounds.

The guy at the kiosk near the doors is dead. Or at least you would assume so; sort of hard to see into the booth with all that blood and brain matter splattered over the inside of the glass.

((Nooooooo!  He was cool.))

How the fuck did Auburn manage to get a 109-yard touchdown?))

((By Alabama getting complacent on a FG kick.))

At this point, I think the missions of old have been replaced by "Survey damage", "Find survivors", and "Silence witnesses".

(( Two of those sound suspiciously conflicting :P

((You mean "complimentary" right?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21599 on: December 14, 2013, 09:46:35 pm »

((Oops.))

Shift into a form more suited for battle. A dragon would be nice.

Quote from: Xan->All teammates, Doc, AM, Steve
A part of me just gained sentience before scuttling off somewhere. We should go hunt it down before it gets to some flesh reserves and starts growing.
Someone should shut down the food intake thing for now.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 [1440] 1441 1442 ... 2101