_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728681 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22020 on: December 20, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

((Operative words:))
my head-canon

((I don't think anyone else buys that line of reasoning.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22021 on: December 20, 2013, 10:44:23 am »

my head-canon

((Yeah, we only like chest-cannon around here.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22022 on: December 20, 2013, 10:59:08 am »

my head-canon

((What about skull guns?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22023 on: December 20, 2013, 11:02:56 am »

my head-canon

((What about skull guns?))
((It only counts as a gun if you can aim it, so no.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22024 on: December 20, 2013, 11:32:33 am »

my head-canon

((Well considering his ability to perma-revive Grate, maybe you should have a bit more faith :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22025 on: December 20, 2013, 11:33:28 am »

((That's like saying "The doctor set my arm, he's probably a space dinosaur from the future like he says he is."))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22026 on: December 20, 2013, 11:34:24 am »

((That's like saying "The doctor set my arm, he's probably a space dinosaur from the future like he says he is."))

((I....actually I wouldn't put that past our doctor :P))

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22027 on: December 20, 2013, 11:39:08 am »

(I mean a real-life doctor.)
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22028 on: December 20, 2013, 01:47:17 pm »

Follow that Lars! I'm on his team! Theoretically and practically!

Activate program: LARS FOLLOW!

Scrape of paint form the windows. Or if that was already done to look for camo netting or equivalent camouflage cover in the armoury.
The armory is still empty and steve seems a bit busy getting the maintenance people together to help with your camo-netting needs.Also, is camo-netting even going to be effective on a giant freaking APC? It's not exactly gonna be inconspicuous as in rumbles across the desert covered in green paint (or in desert camo in anywhere else)

((Thought I still had those pain killers I bought back when I first entered the game. Bought a microwave amp, coagulant boosters, and anti-trauma meds.
...could I get a token count for Xan?))

Assuming I sold the mannequin back (if I didn't, sell it back for the 3 tokens and then do this), walk over to where Steve is currently.

Any recommendation as to what task I should do? Or is everything filled out already?

>Are you any good at repairing things?

Lars looks at the open elevator shaft, then at Mesk.

"Um... good try, Brother Mesk.  Perhaps there is another way up?"

Check the shaft for a ladder or anything.  Failing that, look for stairs.

There is indeed a recessed ladder built into the wall of the elevator shaft. Getting to it means hopping across the hole and grabbing hold or slowly and carefully sidling around the edge on a tiny ledge till you get over to it.

This somehow reminds you of stories you've heard about Mesk and Jim.

We're here because of the two highly damaging incidents that we've caused since we've arrived...and Grate took a manipulator pill and... gottverdammte, I don't even want to know how badly that screwed things up.
Grate feels an inexplicable pang of guilt.

Continue eagerly awaiting a chance to fix stuff. Try to ignore the voices in my head, especially #3.
(The available assignments will be at the bottom of this post.)

"Sounds great! uh can I have a repair tool/box and map?"
talk to steve

>Don't worry, the people I send you with will provide you with what you need.

"Roger."

Join the amp sweep team.  and ask who is on that team.

"It's not like I need to be anywhere nearer than on the same planet as an amp user to be in the line of fire."
I believe thats the one lead by jim, which is in the tread labeled "Combat Ops" or something similar. As per who is on it: Fuck if I know.

Armor plating... wonder if Steve has some or if we'll have to lug some across the facility.

Head back to the blackship, take a closer look at that rear right engine. Takes notes on the damage on the datapad.

Head back to Steve if he makes the call to start aiding the Sword repair teams.

You head back to Steve to get a job.

No. What is going on?

>Then I guess you're being transferred straight into combat ops. Go down that hall, out the hanger door, hang a left and climb up onto the Cage structure until you find an elevator down to the ground level. Then look around for what looks like a 4 armed marble statue with an anthropomorphic cat riding on it's shoulder.  He'll take you down into a physics defying flesh hell where you will learn the meaning of regret.

Fall out of stasis pod, inspect area. Also, put on clothes
You fall out of your stasis pod straight into May's arms and ample chest cushions.

Maybe this won't be so bad.
No. What is going on?
Cleanup, new meat.

Says the dragon.

Says the dragon.

You know, I remember there was a time that I could take an image of any event going on it just might NOT resemble what happens when LSD is mixed with Magnetic poetry.

A group of hard faced men in orange coveralls files in behind steve.

>Alright, here's what we got on the Manual labor front: Jobs the normies don't want to do.

They need someone small or flexible or crazy enough to squeeze into a duct and fix some machinery while it's still running. Two man job, one for the fixing, one for tool handling and potentially pulling the other guy out.

Next one is a three man job, replacing armor plating. One to do the outside seal, one to work the arm to place it and another to squeeze into the mid-armor ducting and make sure everything is lined up and seal it inside.

Next is a one man job but it involves working on one of our minor reactors, so we might want to bring spare workers, just in case.

Volunteers?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22029 on: December 20, 2013, 01:52:28 pm »

"I'm small and flexible!"
And crazy.
Be nice to yourself, One!
You're actually who I was thinking of when I said that.

Volunteer for duct duty.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22030 on: December 20, 2013, 01:59:02 pm »

Not at all. If you rated me from 1 to 6, I would have a rating of -1.

Go to Jim's combat team because bringing the shapeshifter to the biological amp overload area is a good idea.

Follow me, new meat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22031 on: December 20, 2013, 02:03:52 pm »

bringing the shapeshifter to the biological amp overload area is a good idea.
((That actually does sound like a good idea. He could undo any damage it does to him.))
Sig

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22032 on: December 20, 2013, 02:04:29 pm »

Follow signs to armory, ask politely for a laser rifle and a microwave amp. After that, follow signs to briefing room and see where I would be most helpful
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22033 on: December 20, 2013, 02:11:10 pm »

Next is a one man job but it involves working on one of our minor reactors, so we might want to bring spare workers, just in case.

((Steve has such a way with words.))

Lars looked into the elevator shaft.  "Brothers, there is a way up.  I will go first to the ladder.  Brother Mesk will go last, and the two of us will help everyone else across to the ladder.  Let us go."

Get to the ladder first.  Use jets to save self if failure.  Assist with getting everyone else to the ladder.

Once everyone is on ladder, head up to FL 15.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22034 on: December 20, 2013, 02:14:24 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING climbs the ladder. No he doesn't know how he got to the ladder, but he knows he invented ladders.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 2101