_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1469 1470 [1471] 1472 1473 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5722327 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22050 on: December 21, 2013, 12:02:34 pm »

"Nice try sonny, but I'm behind the fourth wall, you can't hurt me here. Its a Chinese wall. They make good walls. Keeps the Mongolians out.
I, however can ignore the wall, because I invented the Chinese."

((The Chinese wall, while an impressive piece of architecture, didn't keep the Mongols out; they conquered all of China eventually.

Unless you're talking about the wall as it's known today, mostly built during the Ming era. That did indeed kept nomadic tribes at bay. Until the Manchu came of course.))

((Remember which character you're reasoning with.))

((I couldnt resist, this RP is the whole reason I joined bay12, and is also the first RP i have dont. So if you guys have any advice for char building, if it seems like im meta-ing, please tell me.))
((And if no one objects, I would like to use Navy as my color.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Welcome to the Magical World of Eisensteinian Roulette! From what I can tell, it looks like you have a promising character.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22051 on: December 21, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »

((I couldnt resist, this RP is the whole reason I joined bay12, and is also the first RP i have dont. So if you guys have any advice for char building, if it seems like im meta-ing, please tell me.))

((I certainly don't object, but you should know that I'm already using navy for Pan. If you don't mind that there's someone else also using that colour, feel free to use it as well.))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22052 on: December 21, 2013, 12:07:30 pm »

((Eh, made for a good backstory, and it's not like they had the technology of the Midieval era. I'm just sayin' thats what their political/economic setup was. they still had advanced tech, just not the same as the UWM.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22053 on: December 21, 2013, 12:14:59 pm »

((Eh, made for a good backstory, and it's not like they had the technology of the Midieval era. I'm just sayin' thats what their political/economic setup was. they still had advanced tech, just not the same as the UWM.))

((We understand, we've been to a couple planets like that already.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22054 on: December 21, 2013, 12:17:27 pm »

-snip-
((I certainly don't object, but you should know that I'm already using navy for Pan. If you don't mind that there's someone else also using that colour, feel free to use it as well.))

((And if you want to distinguish but still use Navy (everyone who uses darkling just groaned), you can add a font to it. It's how my Teal is distinguished from May's Teal.

I note that you're one of the few who hasn't used Charisma as a dump stat, though your Will could use a bit of buffing if we go back to anomaly-diving.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22055 on: December 21, 2013, 01:10:58 pm »

"I'm small and flexible!"
And crazy.
Be nice to yourself, One!
You're actually who I was thinking of when I said that.

Volunteer for duct duty.

>We got one of two for duct duty!

Not at all. If you rated me from 1 to 6, I would have a rating of -1.

Go to Jim's combat team because bringing the shapeshifter to the biological amp overload area is a good idea.

Follow me, new meat.
YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD THERE!

Follow signs to armory, ask politely for a laser rifle and a microwave amp. After that, follow signs to briefing room and see where I would be most helpful

We'll say you got your stuff. As per where you would be most useful...lets see. If you have any technical skills, repair work might be good for you. If not, combat ops, specifically Jim's team. More warm bodies to add biomass to the growing horror.

Next is a one man job but it involves working on one of our minor reactors, so we might want to bring spare workers, just in case.

((Steve has such a way with words.))

Lars looked into the elevator shaft.  "Brothers, there is a way up.  I will go first to the ladder.  Brother Mesk will go last, and the two of us will help everyone else across to the ladder.  Let us go."

Get to the ladder first.  Use jets to save self if failure.  Assist with getting everyone else to the ladder.

Once everyone is on ladder, head up to FL 15.

[dex:4+1]
You hop across without a bit of trouble and hold your hand out, ready to help the rest of your team across.

STEPHEN HAWKING climbs the ladder. No he doesn't know how he got to the ladder, but he knows he invented ladders.
[dex:4-1]
[Lars dex:5]
You jump and miss by maybe a foot.  Lars catches you by the collar and lifts you to the rungs of the ladder above him.

I can operate the arm for the armor plating repair, or head down to take a look at the reactor if no one else is willing. Would we get a rad suit for that, or is this a 'if you need protection, you're already dead' situation?

Volunteer for placement arm duty on armor plating OR reactor duty.

>Armor or Reactor duty? We'll see whats left unfilled.

Charles silently climbs the ladder, preparing a speech.
[Dex:2-1]
[toaster dex:2]
You're so busy writing your speech in your head that you walk straight off the edge and plummet down the elevator shaft. Lars tries to grab you but you slip between his fingers and fall, screaming, into the darkness below.

Go sit at the APCs machine gun.
You sit at the APC machine gun and swing it around the room while making shooting noises with your mouth and imagining all those silly civilians you're gonna mow down Liberate.

"I can perform any duty you require although the reactor and armour would be my first choices"
speak to steve

>Reactor and Armor eh? Is that a European accent I hear? Hopefully that means you can keep calm and carry on after receiving lethal doses of radiation because you're headed to the reactor.

"I'm small and flexible!"
STEPHEN HAWKING interjects himself into this quantum monologue! "You're also expendable. Very, very expendable. Don't forget that. Steve sees that as a grate quality!"
And crazy.
Be nice to yourself, One!
You're actually who I was thinking of when I said that.

Volunteer for duct duty.

>Looks like the duct team is full. Please report to this scowling gentleman over here.

"Ladders, oh yeah!"

Climb ladder after Lars or possibly after the first person after Lars. Or maybe after the next one. Climb the ladder at some point, in any case.
[Dex:2]
[Lars:2]
You walk straight off the edge after Charles.

Never hire lemmings as diplomats, apparently.

((I couldn't resist. this RP is the whole reason I joined bay12, and is also the first RP I have done. So if you guys have any advice for char building, or if it seems like i'm meta-ing, please tell me.))

As with any back story; if it doesn't fit established canon, thats fine. You just have stasis dementia.

Anywhoo, do you have any idea whats going on right now or do you need a quick rundown before we start?

Alright so Lars team, you have 1 turn to react before your two more clumsy members attempt to negotiate with the ground via their face.

Grate and Stephen, Jhoseph, follow your respective orange jumpsuited friend to your horrible demise assigned work Horrible demise. They'll explain everything and get you suited up.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22056 on: December 21, 2013, 01:12:34 pm »

((Since whoever it was I was talking to has not replied.))
Go looking for anyone who looks even slightly important.
((AM, Doctor, hint hint.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22057 on: December 21, 2013, 01:20:31 pm »

((Since whoever it was I was talking to has not replied.))
Go looking for anyone who looks even slightly important.
((AM, Doctor, hint hint.))
((No, Steve did tell you what to do last turn; you just need to get some weapons.
He told you the turn before this one.
Also HAHAHAHAHA wow lemming diplomats.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22058 on: December 21, 2013, 01:22:10 pm »

((I'll take a quick rundown. I'm kinda at page 112 in both threads... On 50 posts per page, so I have no clue as to what's happening.  :P))
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22059 on: December 21, 2013, 01:23:14 pm »

((Oh dear you may be reading a while.
On the upside, we have a knight and dragon on the ship now!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22060 on: December 21, 2013, 01:25:31 pm »

((That's certainly a hilarious turn of events. We failed to clear a jump that STEPHEN HAWKING of all people made (albeit with assistance).))

"I thought it was safe! Why did you lie to me, Mr. Diplomatic Fellow? Why? I trusted you!"

Try to grab on to something on the way. If that doesn't work, make sure to land on Charles, as he should slightly soften my fall.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22061 on: December 21, 2013, 01:28:24 pm »

((Correction, page 150. And yonder dragon shall be slayed!...Maybe....))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #22062 on: December 21, 2013, 01:37:14 pm »

((Let's see, page 150... that'll be, what, the Labyrinth mission? Right around where Charro died, if I'm not mistaken.

In fact, I do believe that was my current character's first mission.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22063 on: December 21, 2013, 01:39:26 pm »

((Sorry, 150 on the off thread, 182 on the mission thread. Didn't mean to confuse, I just switched over to it so I'm trying to find where I left off. This could seriously become a book. I'm just at the start of mission 8.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22064 on: December 21, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »

((Is it just me, or did BFEL STEPHEN HAWKING's quantum monologue interjection create a quantum reality split and made him be in two different points simultaneously? Because he's both in the elevator shaft and applying for duct duty.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1469 1470 [1471] 1472 1473 ... 2101