_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727315 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22230 on: December 27, 2013, 12:15:20 pm »

((I think the only way to successfully manage something large is to delegate.
It's better to have many processes, each working on a small number of tasks than a single process doing everything.
It's better to have one manager per planet then one manager for all planets.
Of course, there is the problem that humans get corrupted and that larger organizations offer better ground for corruption but that problem will always exist no matter the organization type used unless we fundamentally change humans or human society.
There is also the problem of separatist factions arising when people are given more freedom to choose but we should have no problem detecting and crushing those. What valid reason could they have to revolt, anyway? If they have valid reasons to revolt, then we or our delegates are obviously not doing the job right. Only corruption or idealism could cause revolutions if the job is done right.))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:18:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22231 on: December 27, 2013, 12:18:10 pm »

((That's the way the UWM did it, and it didn't work.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22232 on: December 27, 2013, 12:23:52 pm »

((That's the way the UWM did it, and it didn't work.))
((Because they weren't the right kind of people and not the right kind of system. They didn't do the job right. Got corrupted, slow, inefficient. Didn't use Steve.
If we want humanity to have a unified government, then that's the way to do it. Not exactly like that, I didn't mean exactly one manager per planet. I meant the system. Delegation. Division of work. One body makes general decisions for the entire ARM, another works with Systems or Clusters, another with Planets, and then individual bodies per continent/region, etc. Like Romans. But with less corruption and more democracy.
Sorry for bad writing, writing in a hurry.))
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:26:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22233 on: December 27, 2013, 12:26:22 pm »

((We could always vat-grow a few thousand May-drones per planet and unleash them to keep tensions down.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22234 on: December 27, 2013, 01:23:29 pm »

((We could always vat-grow a few thousand May-drones per planet and unleash them to keep tensions down.))
((But think of the tigers! What will happen to them?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22235 on: December 27, 2013, 03:59:22 pm »

((But think of the tigers! What will happen to them?))

I'm sigging this.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22236 on: December 27, 2013, 04:14:11 pm »

((Allow me to play devil's advocate for a second...))

Something is looking at you through a haze of stardust and flame. Something with eyes made of emerald and waves of gravity distortions that breathes a haze of shattering physics equations. Huh.
The figure points upwards toward the stars with one of it's many cilia. The milky way spins overhead, the white spattering of stars now glowing an angry dull red, it's shape much distorted. The being speaks to you, it's voice a like the sound of cracking glass.

"SentientspeciesmacrolifecycledivinityisselffulfillingKardashevcouldnotpredicttheyliftthestarsanddrinkthewavesoflight"
"Alliscoalescencestarsplanetsgodsallarenotbornbutflowtogetherproductsofimmensitygravitymasssentiencebuiltwithincognitioncarriesinstinctofspeciessurvivorshipevolutiononmacroscalewhatisgodthinkcondensate"

((It may be just me, but I get the feeling that whatever this is was at one point human.))

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Lars on hallucinogens when he saw that?  I don't think we should be considering the drug-fuelled hallucinations of a militant religious nutjob when deciding on the laws of our future space empire.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22237 on: December 27, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »

((Well, IC, he hasn't told anyone [yet].  That, and no.  A UE had attempted to screw with his mind but only got him a bit loopy- Steve sent him to dreamland, where he met that entity.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22238 on: December 27, 2013, 05:00:19 pm »

((Hey guys, you know how we haven't decided on a design for our titan yet?

7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22239 on: December 27, 2013, 05:04:58 pm »

((Hey guys, you know how we haven't decided on a design for our titan yet?

((A thousand times yes for TTGL. But what's this about "our" titan? Did I miss anything?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22240 on: December 27, 2013, 05:07:36 pm »

Spoiler: Better (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22241 on: December 27, 2013, 05:17:10 pm »

((I have to say 'no' to TTGL being our Titan. Because as much as I like TTGL, the Titan is described as being an all-terrain mobile base the size of a small mountain. And you should know that there is only one machine fit to be called that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22242 on: December 27, 2013, 05:17:56 pm »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22243 on: December 27, 2013, 05:34:54 pm »

((Didn't you mention a long time ago in the thread a clone species flying around in spaceships putting up some sort of beacon?))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22244 on: December 27, 2013, 06:28:37 pm »

((And then there's the fact that we/the UWM have genocided a few species as well. We have a ways to go with our reputation.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1481 1482 [1483] 1484 1485 ... 2101