_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5717090 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22260 on: December 28, 2013, 03:39:17 am »

((Huh? No, by 'true' fate I meant what would've really happened in that fight if I were the AS.
Which is my headcanon because seriously they don't know how the dodge.
Also bundle of reasons why IG stopping because of Hogarth isn't being beaten that I won't go into here because seriously this is going on too long.))
((Eh, not like anyone else is posting :P

And your headcanon isn't the actual canon. Plus it doesn't take into account that the way spiral energy works, dodging makes you WEAKER. GL is an awesome universe :P))
((Doesn't Spiral energy work as 'confidence in self -> power to make goals happen -> moar confidence -> ad infinitum'? If I were certain that my plan to dodge someone would work and I thought about it in spiralish terms I'd actually get stronger by dodging.
Well that plus TTGL brings out a deep dark primal hate that hates to see people succeed from within me, which I think I'd actually be powered by in TTGL. So yeah.
I prefer Iron Giant because it's motif doesn't send me into a blood rage :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22261 on: December 28, 2013, 11:09:07 am »

((Huh? No, by 'true' fate I meant what would've really happened in that fight if I were the AS.
Which is my headcanon because seriously they don't know how the dodge.))
((Also, it's a hilarious mental image.))

Which is my headcanon because seriously they don't know how the dodge.
Also bundle of reasons why IG stopping because of Hogarth isn't being beaten that I won't go into here because seriously this is going on too long.))
((Eh, not like anyone else is posting :P
And your headcanon isn't the actual canon. Plus it doesn't take into account that the way spiral energy works, dodging makes you WEAKER. GL is an awesome universe :P))
((Wait, isn't this a mecha show? Wouldn't it be easier to justify an inability to dodge with real physics?
Also, what's spiral energy?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22262 on: December 28, 2013, 11:43:07 am »

((Wait, isn't this a mecha show? Wouldn't it be easier to justify an inability to dodge with real physics?
Also, what's spiral energy?))
justify an inability to dodge with real physics?
real physics?

((You have never seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, then. One of their catchphrases is "Kick reality to the curb, and do the impossible!"))
((also tvtropes so be careful))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:45:25 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22263 on: December 28, 2013, 12:45:14 pm »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22264 on: December 28, 2013, 01:05:16 pm »

((B and C are kind of a tie for me. They both sound really fun. And piecewise, are you trying to scare me away from getting an amp?

And yes, Denzel DOES have the will for an amp.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22265 on: December 28, 2013, 01:06:08 pm »

Lets start the paranoia train going, shall we?
About time.

Gorat has drawn Timmy near to this location, so that void suit of his is exceedingly dangerous.
REALLY.

Stephen's Very existence may harmful to reality, and those around him.
REA--wait, reality?

Grate's immortality has a very specific condition.
Um...condition for what?

There are many "brain dead" former HMRC members, still born or mindless since soon after they awoke. They're not listed as dead, but they don't seem to be around. I wonder if they might come back?
So, you're basically going to find in-game justifications for quirks of how the game works? Neat.

I wonder if there are any long term effects of Amp usage?
Yes. Overshots.

I wonder what ever happen to that serial killer The team failed to kill?  Wasn't there something about people disappearing into the woods on the television some time ago?
Wouldn't centuries have passed since that mission?

I wonder, what will the UWM if ARM becomes a true threat? To what lengths will they go?
Eh, not so paranoia-inducing as the others.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, which of these seems the most interesting:

A Game based on Pacific Rim where Players partake in an XCOM like mix of base management and combat?

A Game where players hunt great monsters, using their bodies as materials for crafting weapons, armor and advancements for their little nomadic society.

A pretty hard sci-fi game about being a crew transporting things around the solar system through the use of a Dangerous pseudo-FTL system and in which the rolls are kept to a very minimum, since the navigation and piloting of the ship are done through the use of actual modeled cockpits and systems, complete with rather thick and complex manuals.
I'd say the second. The third sounds more like a video game than a forum game, while the first is a bit...meh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22266 on: December 28, 2013, 01:16:15 pm »

((I'll take the great beasts game. Especially if combined with the hard-ish sci-fi option. Deadliest Catch in space go! :D

Re: Grate's death condition: immortal as long as he doesn't kill himself?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22267 on: December 28, 2013, 01:28:14 pm »

((A or C for me.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22268 on: December 28, 2013, 01:40:33 pm »

(( A or C as well. Also, if you haven't run off for travel or more holiday partying PW, do you want us to repost actions for monday, or are you going to go trawl through the forum and pick them all up? :P ))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22269 on: December 28, 2013, 01:42:37 pm »

((I cast shift blame on that Morul guy!

Also A, I think. Or maybe B.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22270 on: December 28, 2013, 02:06:05 pm »

((Hey now, in my defense, it was for science.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22271 on: December 28, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

((As a fan if the Collegia Titanica, I'm going to go with A

Now I'm kind of worried about my amp usage. Not enough to stop using them, though I should question the AM about it sometime))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22272 on: December 28, 2013, 03:36:25 pm »

((I'll Pick A.

Because Giant Robots. Also, X-COM. Everything X-COM is good. Piecewise's Adventures in X-COM (and some other people and a couple Let's Plays) have convinced me to get the game finally. And I have. What an amazing game.

Me After the First Few Missions: This really isn't that bad. Take cover, get Meld, shoot aliens. PW's either overreacting or just bad at this game, maybe-
Me After 'Chinese Subway Train' and First Terror Mission: HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Instead of 'Enemy Unknown' or 'Enemy Within', Firaxis should just call it "X-COM: What A Bunch of Bullshit, Look At All This Fucking Bullshit That's Happening Right Now."

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #22273 on: December 28, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

((A or B))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22274 on: December 28, 2013, 04:20:47 pm »

((Ehehehehe.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1483 1484 [1485] 1486 1487 ... 2101