_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732625 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22485 on: January 02, 2014, 08:51:58 am »

Lars nodded, and approached the civilian room.  He thinks to himself... "Let's see... Glorious Steve said no religiousness, for some reason.  Oh well, cannot fathom the divine."

Open door and greet people.  Check for injured- deliver greeting below.

"Fear not, for we bring peace!  We are here as liberators and saviors, and have come to rescue people from this building.  Are any of you wounded?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22486 on: January 02, 2014, 08:57:50 am »

((Oh god who gave Toaster/Lars civilians to corrupt.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22487 on: January 02, 2014, 11:38:05 am »

* Toaster points at Steve
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22488 on: January 02, 2014, 11:39:00 am »

((Damnit Steve you can be so freaking stupid sometimes.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #22489 on: January 02, 2014, 11:45:42 am »

>Well, you lured that giant worm thing that ate the base. But that base was built with UWM goods. I guess it evens out. 11 tokens. That reminds me; since you're so hopelessly enthralled with me, I have a job you might find enjoyable.

How do you feel about propaganda?

>Standard stuff. Pamphlets about how the HMRC is morally correct in its rebellion, how it's going to help the average citizen of the UWM, how We're fighting against corruption, etc. Maybe find us a new name that doesn't have the connotations of the HMRC. Get a few artists together to create some posters, maybe record some announcements for us to blare across the radio.

Just keep it secular and don't mention me. People tend to be turned away by religious ideals that are not their own, and are certainly gonna be turned away by the mention that this revolution is run by a computer.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22490 on: January 02, 2014, 11:47:46 am »

((Can't help but notice that he didn't say you couldn't use the Doctor and AM for propaganda purposes.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22491 on: January 02, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

Lars looks around.  "Shall Charles and I go first?  If all of us go in at once, it may intimidate them.  With Charles's way with words and my divine mission, the two of us should suffice.  Mesk can be on standby to provide medical aid."

((Yeah, that was me who saw MUD-oriented design in the later Perplexicon.  Translating the magic system would be... interesting, though.))
Yeah, It really couldn't be translated, at least not in its current. I could insert a modular magic system, but each word would need set, hard effects for all the instances it could be used in. So it wouldn't really resemble perplexicon, it would be it's own beast.

"Hopefully our reputation as HMRC doesn't scare them. But I doubt it." Charles nods in agreement. He continues preparing his speech.
"I have a vision? No, no...I have a hallucination? No. I have a nocturnal emission? NO, no what the fuck are you doing, brain?"

Watch Marcius work on the plates.  Experiment with the controls a bit, to charge a dynamic AUX bonus.
You carefully play with the controls, wiggling the fingers and manipulating the serpentine arms. They seem to follow the direction the hand is moving, like a giant game of snake. You'll have be be careful not to get them caught up in anything.

"Hm..."

Check if the VR machines are working.

"...OH SHI-"

Try and find Piecewise.
Well, power's out so no.

Piecewise is sitting the hall, idly chewing on what appears to be a hunk of human flesh that was carelessly left behind.

((Oh, right... when was the last time anyone fed the basilisk anyway?))
There's a line for you.

"I shall bravely stay behind and wait for the screaming to begin, then. Go forth and proselytize, brother!"

Stand guard. See if I can move my arms well enough to aim the HEP at something.
Yeah, you can do that much at least. You just won't be running or doing flips or nothing.

((Well, it was a lizard like entity, and Xan is a dragon, so maybe he could adopt it? And then turn it into a drama/sitcom and use it as propaganda?))

((That gives me an idea. ARM-TV, where ARM operatives provide quality entertainment for all ages (as long as they can understand the universal language of violence) with a great many more or less wholesome shows. An example of the more wholesome would be some kind of variation of the fireside chat performed by Steve (or maybe Miyamoto or somebody else level-headed), a show where ARM operatives attempt political debate with nothing other than speech rolls, a soap opera with a cast composed purely of the Doctor's creations and more. It could make for nice galaxy-wide viewing.

Well, maybe the Doctor should get his own channel.))
I am for this 100% as long as you keep the AM and Doc Out of it.

It reminds me of the television stations in hellmoo when you could video tape stuff and send it in. Ah, the election videos I made with that Radioactive abomination were great.

((Coulda sworn I posted an action.))

Look around. Try to figure out what's moving fast and look for anything moving funny or not at all. Avoid falling off the catwalk.
Once again wonder who designed this place.
[Aux: 2]
Duhhh....ummmm...The spinny bit seems to be very...spinny? Um....This isn't good.

Marcius examines the area below him, and then descends to the nearest damaged plate and cuts it off
You descend the side of the ship and till you come across a plate with holes pierced in it. You line yourself up, pull out the cutter and place it on the weld point before you start cutting.
[handi:3-1]
The cutter catches almost instantly and jerks itself off the plate and nearly out of your hands. Gahhh.

STEPHEN HAWKING searches the rubble for a "#1 Dad" Mug.
He then suggests to the group that we announce our presence. He does this by announcing our presence. Loudly.

((Letting them know that we're there shows that we aren't trying to sneak up on them to eat them.))
[speech:5-1]

"WE MEAN YOU NO HARM. WE ARE STEPHEN AND THE HAWKINGS, A TRAVELING JAZZ FUSION BAND/ DIPLOMATIC COUNCIL. WE ARE HERE TO INVENT FRIENDSHIP."

Eh, close enough.

Stand off to the side of the damaged plate, examine my tools and the connections for an intact plate while I wait for them to remove the old one
You've got a welding torch and thats about it. As per the connection points, it seems to be a framework that the plates are all welded to underneath.

You hear a sound like "GRRRSHING!" as something skips across the metal plate outside. Huh.

Lars nodded, and approached the civilian room.  He thinks to himself... "Let's see... Glorious Steve said no religiousness, for some reason.  Oh well, cannot fathom the divine."

Open door and greet people.  Check for injured- deliver greeting below.

"Fear not, for we bring peace!  We are here as liberators and saviors, and have come to rescue people from this building.  Are any of you wounded?"
You throw Open the door and step inside. The people inside are huddled in one corner of the room, most wearing working jumpsuits, a few in office wear. There are two men laying on the ground with more major injuries- blood has soaked into their clothing around the chest chest and left shoulder, respectively- and the rest seem at least a little banged up. They don't really respond to your greeting with anything but blank, terrified stares.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22492 on: January 02, 2014, 01:40:20 pm »

Lars looks at them for a minute, then shrugs.  "Brother Mesk will be here shortly to aid you."

He switches from external to internal.  "Brother Mesk, please aid these civilians.  There appears to be no threat here."

Stand around and look helpful.  Provide comfort to those who need it.

((Is this team supposed to be asking who saw what?  I don't think Lars heard that part of the briefing.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22493 on: January 02, 2014, 01:53:50 pm »

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-1

If Marcius actually manages to cut off a plate this turn, take it off and replace it.  If Marcius severs his harness's line, catch him.  Otherwise, continue charging my AUX bonus by practicing more complex movements in the air.  Maybe pick up some armor plates to test how the arms respond with a weight.

((Are we just replacing a few plates?  Or will our general performance over the next few plates be extrapolated to several hours of work?))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22494 on: January 02, 2014, 03:21:51 pm »

(( The latter, I fear :P
I'm sure we'll get the hang of it after a few plates. Even the most handiwork inept of us has got to be able to figure out how to cut out a rectangular armor plate in only a few tries XD

Though I was really, really hoping that the use of welding equipment would make this an AUX task, as little as that would have helped Whitius. Ah well, at least the one of us with any handiwork at all is over here with the welding equipment. ))

You okay out there?

See if any of the connections need to be removed on this side. If not, take notes on the connection points for future attachment (go go dynamic bonus!)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22495 on: January 02, 2014, 03:36:06 pm »

"What am I supposed to do again?"

Try to remember what I was supposed to be doing.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22496 on: January 02, 2014, 03:36:52 pm »

Charles delivers a speech to calm them down and proselytize them to ARM.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22497 on: January 02, 2014, 04:05:35 pm »

"What am I supposed to do again?"

Try to remember what I was supposed to be doing.

(( You're supposed to come out here and put that -2/3 handiwork to work! Hey, it's better than the -1 the other two have XD
Relatedly, you have the most bonkers stat distribution. Quite the Jack of all trades :P

Umm... looking back, it looks like you're just supposed to be standing there right now. Maybe provide Grate with emotional encouragement, or ask the tech if there's something you can do while Grate is busy in there? ))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22498 on: January 02, 2014, 04:16:41 pm »

((Like I said before, still sporadic connection,)) leave my action as Continue trying to cut off plate, if successful, proceed to next damaged plate AFTER welding on the new plate. If not, try again

"Gah, damned thing slipped, I'm alright though. Let's try this again."

((edit: yeah... Marcius has a -2 to aux... probably not a good thing if the cutter was aux heavy :P))
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:26:55 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #22499 on: January 02, 2014, 06:26:02 pm »

Attend to injured, perform triage, dynamic bonus, burma-shave.
Pages: 1 ... 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 ... 2101