_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686102 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22500 on: January 02, 2014, 09:18:31 pm »

((Like I said before, still sporadic connection,)) leave my action as Continue trying to cut off plate, if successful, proceed to next damaged plate AFTER welding on the new plate. If not, try again

"Gah, damned thing slipped, I'm alright though. Let's try this again."

((edit: yeah... Marcius has a -2 to aux... probably not a good thing if the cutter was aux heavy :P))

(( Yeah, damned if it was, damned if it wasn't :P As long as the crane is AUX, you'll be the only one with a negative on this job XD ))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: January 02, 2014, 09:40:54 pm »

((Ah, I knew leaving that up to a speech roll was the best option :)))

STEPHEN HAWKING gets in there and invents that friendship. Also he makes absolutely sure he got his "#1 Dad" mug. That mug is very important. It shows he's personable.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:10 am »

((Oh god who gave Toaster/Lars civilians to corrupt.))
((Religion is an excellent medium of propaganda. And I will refuse to give examples for freaking obvious reasons, so don't ask.
The absolute worst case scenario would be too much success. And tht would count as a win, overall.))

Even the most handiwork inept of us has got to be able to figure out how to cut out a rectangular armor plate in only a few tries XD
((Dammit Kriellya...))

"Voices?"
We have names, you know.
Numbers, at least. I'm One.

I'm Two.
I'm the Great--
He's Three.
You're no fun. For five minutes, I was a god! And now--
You're a voice in a kid's head.
"Do you know anything useful or are you just going to be annoying?"
We really don't know anything more than you do. Everyone knows what One knows, all the rest I've got is a second of looking around and realizing I'm not crushed before getting shot, and Three...well, I don't think you learned about reactors while he was around.
And listening to him comes with...issues.
Implying what, exactly?

"I'm in trouble."
Stop trying to duel me! We don't have any physical presence!

Keep looking for something that looks broken. If this fails, ask for help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: January 03, 2014, 05:26:58 am »

"Hide away, folk family, or else someone's gonna get you, someone's gonna get you, someone's gonna get you-ou..."

Sing. Help Mesk in providing medical aid to the survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: January 03, 2014, 03:52:12 pm »

Coddle Piecewise.

Spoiler: Fuck X-COM (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: January 03, 2014, 04:14:14 pm »

A sentence in a spoiler in a quote in a post, complaining about an unusually tough mission.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22506 on: January 03, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »

Lars looks at them for a minute, then shrugs.  "Brother Mesk will be here shortly to aid you."

He switches from external to internal.  "Brother Mesk, please aid these civilians.  There appears to be no threat here."

Stand around and look helpful.  Provide comfort to those who need it.

((Is this team supposed to be asking who saw what?  I don't think Lars heard that part of the briefing.))

You decide to provide comfort and a dynamic appearance of helpfulness through interpretive dance.

Well, at least they don't consider you a threat anymore.

(( The latter, I fear :P
I'm sure we'll get the hang of it after a few plates. Even the most handiwork inept of us has got to be able to figure out how to cut out a rectangular armor plate in only a few tries XD

Though I was really, really hoping that the use of welding equipment would make this an AUX task, as little as that would have helped Whitius. Ah well, at least the one of us with any handiwork at all is over here with the welding equipment. ))

You okay out there?

See if any of the connections need to be removed on this side. If not, take notes on the connection points for future attachment (go go dynamic bonus!)
[handi:5]
You sever the connection points of the plate with relative ease, despite the lack of space.

"What am I supposed to do again?"

Try to remember what I was supposed to be doing.
"You'll be the one handing him tools if he needs'em." the man in the orange coveralls says. "And if he falls in the gears, you're going in next."

Charles delivers a speech to calm them down and proselytize them to ARM.
[4+1]
You deliver a long and stirring speech about how ARM is going to fix the things they want fixed, kill the things they want killed and ignore the things they don't really care about. When it's over they seem more then willing to follow your directions, if nothing else.

((Like I said before, still sporadic connection,)) leave my action as Continue trying to cut off plate, if successful, proceed to next damaged plate AFTER welding on the new plate. If not, try again

"Gah, damned thing slipped, I'm alright though. Let's try this again."

((edit: yeah... Marcius has a -2 to aux... probably not a good thing if the cutter was aux heavy :P))
[handi:4-1]
You make a few cuts, but it's not enough to free the plate. 
[handi:3-1]
You try again, and this time the cutter gets wedged and pulls itself free of your hands. It falls to the catwalk several stories down.

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-1

If Marcius actually manages to cut off a plate this turn, take it off and replace it.  If Marcius severs his harness's line, catch him.  Otherwise, continue charging my AUX bonus by practicing more complex movements in the air.  Maybe pick up some armor plates to test how the arms respond with a weight.

((Are we just replacing a few plates?  Or will our general performance over the next few plates be extrapolated to several hours of work?))

(extrapolated, Not gonna have you replacing plates 50 times.)

You pick up an armor plate and slowly rotate it around in the robotic hands. They're slower, and the control system seems to have purposefully become weightier to simulate the added mass, but it's still easy enough to control. You wonder how they do it, with limbs this thin and long.

Attend to injured, perform triage, dynamic bonus, burma-shave.
Thats an interesting reference there, sir.

You walk over to the two that seem the most injured. One has a deep cut in his shoulder, which goes straight down to his collar bone and breaks it. The other as a puncture wound in his chest an inch in diameter and air is quite clearly being sucked in with every breath.

"Oh boy, a sucking chest wound. Been a while since I've seen one of those."

((Ah, I knew leaving that up to a speech roll was the best option :)))

STEPHEN HAWKING gets in there and invents that friendship. Also he makes absolutely sure he got his "#1 Dad" mug. That mug is very important. It shows he's personable.
You walk around, showing off your mug like a show girl on the price is right, minus the sparkly dress.

Some day you'll have that sparkly dress, Stephen. Some day.

((Oh god who gave Toaster/Lars civilians to corrupt.))
((Religion is an excellent medium of propaganda. And I will refuse to give examples for freaking obvious reasons, so don't ask.
The absolute worst case scenario would be too much success. And tht would count as a win, overall.))

Even the most handiwork inept of us has got to be able to figure out how to cut out a rectangular armor plate in only a few tries XD
((Dammit Kriellya...))

"Voices?"
We have names, you know.
Numbers, at least. I'm One.

I'm Two.
I'm the Great--
He's Three.
You're no fun. For five minutes, I was a god! And now--
You're a voice in a kid's head.
"Do you know anything useful or are you just going to be annoying?"
We really don't know anything more than you do. Everyone knows what One knows, all the rest I've got is a second of looking around and realizing I'm not crushed before getting shot, and Three...well, I don't think you learned about reactors while he was around.
And listening to him comes with...issues.
Implying what, exactly?

"I'm in trouble."
Stop trying to duel me! We don't have any physical presence!

Keep looking for something that looks broken. If this fails, ask for help.
[aux:6]
THERE IT IS! THERE! THAT COOLING FAN IS STUCK AND IT'S CAUSING THAT RADIATOR TO RUN INEFFICIENTLY, WHICH IS CAUSING OVER HEATING IN THIS ENTIRE SECTION! EXCELSIOR!

You leap in to fix the fan.

To the people outside the housing, there's a loud sound of meat crushing and fluid splattering. The a hissPOP! followed by a confused voice asking how he got here and whats going on.

God damn it.

"Hide away, folk family, or else someone's gonna get you, someone's gonna get you, someone's gonna get you-ou..."

Sing. Help Mesk in providing medical aid to the survivors.
Mesk Stares at you as you wander near to his patients.

"NO. Only I may save their lives and/or kick them to death, depending on my whims."

Coddle Piecewise.

Coddle? Not cuddle?

You treat Piecewise in an overly indulgent and protective manner. I'm not sure what you're protecting him from or indulging him in, though.

Also yeah. I got a random mission once with 3 of their mechs, a bunch of elite mutons and those flying jellyfish things. Shit would be hard enough without half my team getting strangled every turn.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: January 03, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »

((Well, there goes that theory...))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22508 on: January 03, 2014, 05:04:27 pm »

"Huh?"

Look inside housing/whatever grate crawled though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22509 on: January 03, 2014, 05:04:40 pm »

((Here comes another!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: January 03, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »

"Are you sure, good fellow? I'm not entirely terrible at giving medical aid. I'm probably at least as good as a field... nurse, maybe?"

Stand around looking helpful. If Mesk accepts help, help him. If not, do the crippled robot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: January 03, 2014, 05:07:24 pm »

Lars moves around with the greatest of ease.  The divine power flowed through him!

Perform dance with the robot!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: January 03, 2014, 05:17:13 pm »

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-2

Steve sighs and shakes his head as he watches Marcius.

Think for a moment about when Marcius was rappeling down.  Should he be able to just rappel down to the cutter, and would he be able to do that in a relatively short period of time?  If the answer to either is no, and the arm's controls are delicate enough to pick up the cutter without destroying it, grab the cutter for Marcius.

Otherwise, continue practicing movements with the arm, and contemplate whether or not they would be powerful enough to just rip the plate off themselves.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: January 03, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »

((Well, there goes that theory...))
((Which one?))

Well...we now have a newcomer. Hello, Four.
Four, you're an idiot.
It's not my fault! It sounded like a good idea at the time!

"What's going on?"

See if any of the friendly people here explain.

I started playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown. The first mission went tutorially. The second went easily--a bit more freedom, but still pretty linear. I think I killed both of the enemies with one shot of the rifle instead of using the rocket launcher like they recommended. Wish I had caught the name of the soldier who did that.
It's pretty impressive. I like how the game transitions so smoothly from tactical view to personal view to "cutscene". It's a well-designed engine. The gameplay seems pretty fun, too, but I've only started.
EDIT: I think it's a Juan Medina of Argentina, home nation of Sq. Jorge Vargas, only survivor of the Tutorial. Medina became a Support, while fellow rookie Chase Mills of Canada became a Sniper for killing one enemy. With a grenade, I believe. Azubuike Hangana of some nation with a green-and-white flag got no kills. Poor guy...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:37:17 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: January 03, 2014, 05:35:18 pm »

((Wait a sec - do dynamic bonuses increase as they charge or is it only a +/- 1?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2101