_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672690 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22710 on: January 09, 2014, 02:14:23 pm »

Pull grate out of housing then follow orange suit man if needed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22711 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:13 pm »

((I'm not trying to do Joker team's job, really. I'm just making conversation. Horrible catastrophes are great icebreakers.))

"Don't be shy, good people. I'll tell you, I've had a pretty interesting day myself. Why, not fifteen minutes ago I fell down an elevator shaft - this place really needs maintenance, as I'm sure you've noticed. And earlier I met this guy - didn't talk much, had a wheelchair, was on life support... he was pretty cool, even if more than a little bit cheesy. Oh, and I also just got this really cool gun. What's been happening to you all, by the by?"

Make conversation, dammit!

The people seem a bit confused by your rather jovial and nonchalant attitude at present; considering the situation. They stare at you for a while, a few mumbling something about being down here for hours, the rest staying quiet.

Find worker people.

"Hey guys, could I get any of you anything you want? :3"
Turns out that the guys repairing the ship would like water to drink and to not have to do welding inside a confined, unventilated space.

proceed with cutting of plate

Marcius shouts to Steve. The one in the control arm.

"What in hades is that albino... Is that a woman?!?""Just try not to knock me off."
He says nervously, watching the Kung fu arms.
((:P ))
[handi:4]

You succeed in cutting the plate loose

[aux:6-1]

And steve, not robot steve, other steve. Meat Steve. Meat steve pulls the plate away and replaces it with a non-damaged one.

Look for workers so I can either repair things or create some interesting weapon combinations.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You get immediately stuffed into a crawlspace with a torch in order to help weld some plates back into place.

[handi:6+1]
You weld the plate in place. You also weld the gas tank for the torch to the plate.

Why did you do that?

Dynamic AUX bonus: +/-3, One use required for arm mastery

Steve shouts back to Marcius "Don't worry, I won't.  I've pretty much got this thing mastered-  I bet I could knit you a sweater with it!"

Just wait for Marcius to cut off the plate.  Once he's done, take itoff and replace it.  Also, take a moment to take one arm out of the controls- does the relevant arm just pause, or does it retract?

...Also, what skill would knitting with these arms use?

The arm would hold for about 30 seconds and then, if you don't reestablish a connection it would retract.

Probably dual roll of handi and aux

((Einsteinian Roulette: The Comic.))

Jobasio groaned once, softly, then louder as his eyelids flickered open.
He was sprawled on a bunk in the barracks, bedsheets tangled around himself and his gauss rifle clutched tight in one arm-- yeah, that arm was as numb as dead wood. This is why deadly weapons generally don't make good bed partners.

>Remember where I am, what's going on and what I was supposed to be doing about it.
In order:

Barracks
Liberal Crime Squad in space
Try asking around. Or steve. Or just going around screaming "WILL WORK FOR NOTHING"

@thattechnianguy"Hey how do I kneel in this thing"
attempt to kneel then fix leak then leave
"Press back on the pedal. Be careful though, it's not very stable in that  position."

[aux:6]
You clank heavily down, falling on both metal knees
[aux:5]
You carefully maneuver the arms and hands.
[Handi:5+1]
And reseal the core. You use a bit too much putty and have to really work the plate on, but it fits,eventually.

The warning about radiation is getting extremely insistent.

Piecewise would like more hours in the day, To be paid to work on RPG's, the ability to run 10 more games without dying, More hardsci anime besides PlanetES, which was really good but I can only watch it so many times, The ability to resurrect Heinlein and a few others, the ability to finish a love story and not feel wistful, a sequel to hammerfight and phantom dust, and...

Wait, you're talking about the lizard right?

Oh.

He would like a steak and to nibble on people's toes.
((Such a simple life. Would you accept "Be piecewise the lizard" as a second- or third-best thing?))

"That worked well!"

Appreciate my non-jumping-into-fans-again success. Exit reactor. Look for something else to do.

Hmm. What could an immortal child with a handiwork background do...

Maybe the doctor has some animals he needs to feed cages that need cleaning....

I dunno, can you think of something? Maybe helping in the Pit, with the salvage team.

@smurf
Look for workers so I can either repair things or create some interesting weapon combinations.

As you fall out of the pod, a man wanders into the room staring at a datapad. He consults it for a few moments while you cough up suspension fluid and generally feel like crap before looking at you.

Lerman Russ? Technician? Awesome, we seem to be short on those. Good choice, Steve! Right, get dressed, get your suit, take this welding tool, and head over to... this passageway.
While you're still lying on the ground, he flips over his datapad to show a simple map of the area with an indicator of the passage
Got it? Good. Ask Steve or one of the orange suited personnel if you get lost. You're replacing some of the Sword's armor plate. Should be simple, but I'll warn you that you're partner in crime is not exactly great with a blowtorch.
With that, he wanders off without glancing back or helping you up.

Direct Lerman to take over my job at the armor plating, then head over to one of the shuttles and check the provided heavy lift gear, specifically look for how it's attached to the shuttle. After checking on that, prep for liftoff.

The lifting gear is basically a set of metal cables with hooks on the end; there are several ends, each branching off from a central cable in the center of the shuttle.

Pull grate out of housing then follow orange suit man if needed.
Hmm You feel like getting irradiated and or working on giant robots?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22712 on: January 09, 2014, 03:40:30 pm »

[handi:6+1]
You weld the plate in place. You also weld the gas tank for the torch to the plate.
Why did you do that?
((I'm more curious on the how.
And yes, I know...overshots.))

Probably dual roll of handi and aux
((How about normal knitting? Just Handiwork?))

Hmm. What could an immortal child with a handiwork background do...

Maybe the doctor has some animals he needs to feed cages that need cleaning....

I dunno, can you think of something? Maybe helping in the Pit, with the salvage team.
The action was more seeing if there were other things Steve wanted done, but from your response I'm guessing not.
I'll consider feeding Doc's animals when I want to see a cagefight between Jim and Doc.
Anyways...Salvage team is the Survey thread, right?

Quote from: Grate -> Salvage Team
Do you guys need any help?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22713 on: January 09, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan -> Everyone
Anyone need help?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22714 on: January 09, 2014, 04:08:28 pm »

Attempt to un-weld the tank.

Find something that could remove the tank without making it explode.
((Is a 7 an improved overshot?))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:21:00 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22715 on: January 09, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

Anyone need help?
Quote from: STEPHEN HAWKING -> Jack Hansan
NO ONE LOVES YOU
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22716 on: January 09, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »

Anyone need help?
Quote from: STEPHEN HAWKING -> Jack Hansan
NO ONE LOVES YOU
SIGD.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22717 on: January 09, 2014, 04:22:29 pm »

Anyone need help?

Quote from:  Auron Kell to Jack Hansan
i could use some help pulling ships apart for salvage if your up for it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22718 on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:48 pm »

Can I easily keep the plate in place with just one arm?  If so, charge a dynamic AUX bonus to mess with my wristpad.

@Smurf Yeah, numbers over six just get to be worse and worse overshots.  Or better and better, depending on your PoV.  If you had somehow gotten a ten, you would have welded yourself to the plate.  Despite the fact you aren't metal.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22719 on: January 09, 2014, 04:35:19 pm »

attach new plate, then find the next damaged one

((How many more plates are we gonna have to work on?))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22720 on: January 09, 2014, 04:36:37 pm »

((Possibly until everyone else finishes their repair jobs and/or you accidentally create a rampaging armor plating behemoth.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22721 on: January 09, 2014, 04:38:55 pm »

"Oh, don't be afraid, people. There's nothing to be afraid of now, really. Everything's over and pretty much all right. There was a bit of property damage, obviously, but beyond that and certain technical failures we're all quite safe. Anybody else need medical attention, or are you ready to be properly rescued and brought to more comfortable lodgings?"

If anybody does need medical attention, poke Mesk at them until they get better - if Mesk gets violent, overly esoteric or starts speaking Latin, pull him away.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22722 on: January 09, 2014, 05:25:21 pm »

((Possibly until everyone else finishes their repair jobs and/or you accidentally create a rampaging armor plating behemoth.))
((I call shotgun on doing this.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:31:31 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22723 on: January 09, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »

((Gonna have to duke it out with Auron. He's currently trying to make a Gargant.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22724 on: January 09, 2014, 05:43:29 pm »

((Screw Gargants, I'll make me a Baneblade. Or a mega-gargant.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1513 1514 [1515] 1516 1517 ... 2101