_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5712741 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22890 on: January 13, 2014, 09:37:54 am »

((Which? The Altered? No, those are...not really fitting definitions of life. They're more like synthflesh crossed with John Carpenter's thing.))
((I suspect your description is closer to the truth than you think. Doesn't synthflesh exhibit strange properties as it increases in quantity? If it was a development based on Altered physiology, or perhaps if Altered were a byproduct of that research, or otherwise related, the Altered's abilities would be far from unexpected. Far from surprising, even.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22891 on: January 13, 2014, 09:47:27 am »

Lars clasps his hands together.  "We will serve you, my Lord."

Drag team toward ground floor contact.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Hightech death machines before hos
« Reply #22892 on: January 13, 2014, 10:33:14 am »

((Which? The Altered? No, those are...not really fitting definitions of life. They're more like synthflesh crossed with John Carpenter's thing.))
Haebi:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:42:10 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22893 on: January 13, 2014, 12:25:42 pm »

((I suspect your description is closer to the truth than you think. Doesn't synthflesh exhibit strange properties as it increases in quantity? If it was a development based on Altered physiology, or perhaps if Altered were a byproduct of that research, or otherwise related, the Altered's abilities would be far from unexpected. Far from surprising, even.))
((My point exactly. So, I was exactly as close to the truth as I thought.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22894 on: January 13, 2014, 03:00:53 pm »

"Ha-hah! I am Mother Goose!"

Get the rest of my damage fixed in the infirmary. Then head for the ground floor!

You head to the infirmary and they root around in your insides and replace some self lubricating ball joints and generally unbreak you.

Once they get done repairing you, you head back down  the elevator to the ground floor. And I assume wait there for people.

Dynamix AUX bonus: +/-2

Before I need to do anything with the plates, take my arms out of the controls and remove my wristpad.  Set it down somewhere accessible.  Then, if Marcius cuts off the plate, replace it and hold it in place with one arm. 

If Marcius doesn't cut off the plate, or I have time to mess around after I replace the plate, use my dynamic bonus to familiarize myself with the wristpad.  I.E. learn what it's capable of, what's installed on it, and how easily I can hack it.  This is mostly just in-character research, but I'm also hoping I can get a permanent bonus to messing with the wristpad.

Hmm well, the wrist pad can be used to send messages, use simple programs, play music, and such like that. Hacking...well that depends on what you want to do with it. You can add programs to it without hacking it. And no, you won't get a permanent bonus with it. I usually only do that with things where it would be overly dangerous and annoying to make you have to roll everytime, like flying a ship or driving a car.

And yeah, I'm not even gonna bother rolling. With a +2 dynamic bonus you'd pretty much get it on everything but a 1, and mostly get it on a 1 anyways. Consider that the last plate too.

Hastur in Fallout.
Depends on exactly where on the map you are.

((Time to reactivate the reactor.))
Find the reactor and find out why it's offline
I wouldn't recommend it. Not only is is buried somewhere deep in the ship beyond locked doors, it's also leaking frankly massive amounts of radiation. I mean, the guy who is already down there fixing it is getting a near fatal dose as we speak and he's in a massive, heavily shielded exosuit.

Of course, he doesn't know about that near fatal dose, so Shhh, don't tell him.

cut ze plate!

((Yes. That setting gets all of it. As long as it's grounded in reality, I don't really like the "magic" property of it. Sorta like ER. Fantasy elements don't interest me as much as sci-fi realism.))
[2]
TRY AGAIN
[5]
BETTER!

You cut the plate and the arms carry it away. Wait...was there a welding torch welded to that plate?

LAST PLATE

LAST PLATE!

Go outside. Look around. Is anyone visible?
At this point...Probably no. Everyone is off in the debris field or underground or in the building. Though you might be able to see the skycranes lifting off if you watch.

"crap crap crap crap!"
leave radiation death zone post-haste
[aux:5]
You stand up and clank back up the stairs and out the first airlock.
[end:2]
You're reaching toward the manual controls to close the door when your vision starts to blur and your limbs start to shake. Your fingers shiver on the controls and the arms move about slightly.

Lars clasps his hands together.  "We will serve you, my Lord."

Drag team toward ground floor contact.
Down the elevator shaft or you wanna use the stairs?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22895 on: January 13, 2014, 03:08:46 pm »

Shaft!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22896 on: January 13, 2014, 03:30:50 pm »

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight. Don't go anywhere or actually do anything besides dance in place, though. Although...

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: the Most Holy Steve, the Benevolent Machine God One
Dear Steve,

Since I presently have little to do, I have figured that I may as well pester you with a question. Do you think revealing the truth about what the technology (or deeper space magic) behind space magic actually is might cause public unrest? You called it 'white-hot knowledge' and said 'we're not ready' or something. I had the thought that to reveal this information along with other interesting facts I'm sure you've accumulated about, say, the Altered Wars would be pretty good for discrediting the UWM if you really don't like them. After all, secrets are power, and if you know the UWM's secrets, why not reveal them to weaken the UWM's hold on everything?

That's just my logic during a short break in this frenetic rescuing action, obviously. Any input aside from 'that's silly' or 'you have no idea what's at stake here', or 'I really don't feel like it'?

Love,
Stacy Buttle

Send message to Steve if possible. If not, save it for later.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22897 on: January 13, 2014, 03:45:43 pm »

Shaft!
((Hey, Xantalos, care to share some of your extradimensional popcorn stash?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22898 on: January 13, 2014, 03:46:10 pm »

((Here, have a temporary portal.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22899 on: January 13, 2014, 03:53:53 pm »

((*munches popcorn*
*records coordinates*
It's infinite, right?))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22900 on: January 13, 2014, 03:54:17 pm »

((Yep.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22901 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:23 pm »

((Good.
*opens portals between popcorn dimension and starving villages around the world*))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22902 on: January 13, 2014, 04:36:33 pm »

((Aand lockdown for you. Popcorn like that's unhealthy for mortals.
*lockdown*))
Sig! Onol

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22903 on: January 13, 2014, 07:23:34 pm »

((Good.
*opens portals between popcorn dimension and starving villages around the world*))
((A little Ethiopian boy looks to the sky, wondering why his tummy is always hurting, when suddenly the heavens above open up and begin to fall! A large streaming mass of yellow-white that crushes his family to death and sets his village to running and screaming!))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22904 on: January 13, 2014, 08:18:02 pm »

(( Wait... don't we still need to attach the new plate? SHIT))

"HEY!" Marcius yells, "Can you bring back the welder? i made a bit of a mistake!"

When I get the welder back, put on the new plate. If I don't, just give up and climb down.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.
Pages: 1 ... 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 ... 2101