_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1565 1566 [1567] 1568 1569 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5718292 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23490 on: February 01, 2014, 04:15:17 pm »

Never mind.

Go to the VR. Select tinker.

Trying to make a wrist mounted grappling hook/harpoon/kinetic amp gun.

Start with a forearm mounted crossbow, made of that electroreactive metal.
Make a back-mounted spool of thin, light, strong cord. Attach an electric motor, battery, and generator.
Run a flexible tube from the back mounted spool, down the arm, to the crossbow. Coat the inside of the tube with teflon (Or whatever future low friction material is available) to make the tube nearly frictionless.
Use the same glove as the hand laser to control it. (I assume this system will allow for multiple gestures for different things).

See if can fire and retract a grappling hook.

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23491 on: February 01, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »

"So, you were on the first mission I went on. How's that been going so far?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23492 on: February 01, 2014, 04:28:37 pm »

"Well, we didn't really get started. We got shot, and Miss Feyri...she got zapped. And you gave me a little blade. That's about it."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23493 on: February 01, 2014, 04:30:26 pm »

Have you ever needed to know something about ER, like the price of that snazzy Civic defenders coat or the battlesuit variants, but you just couldn't find it?
Do you find it kinda annoying that you have to write the same newbie introduction every other day, or that people sometimes ask the same questions a thousand times, instead of just looking it up? Did you ever wish all the various information about this game was in one, easy to navigate place?

*drumroll*

Well, then I've got some great news for you : after talking it over with PW, I've created the Einsteinian Roulette Wiki!

This will hopefully become a handy database for everybody to use and edit, cutting down on endless forum searches and grouping all the information different people have gathered.
As with any wiki, the only way for this project to be succesful is if as much people as possible contribute. The wiki is pretty barebones right now, but there should be enough framework to get started. If you have ideas or proposals on new kinds of pages or organising, go to the community page and leave a note. Do try to stick to the format if you can: the more organised and intuitive the wiki is, the easier it'll be to use.

Excited yet? Excellent! Just hop over, take a look, and start editing!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23494 on: February 01, 2014, 04:47:46 pm »

Woohoo! Now to put my own cha...wait a sec.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23495 on: February 01, 2014, 04:51:17 pm »

(Nice work, RC. ^^^)

Jim raised his left orbital ridge, as if to cock an eyebrow. "...Feyri got zapped? That's not how the mission went. Team 3 - Feyri, Milno, Ivan, Faith, and I - landed safely. I was the first casualty about three minutes in. I got separated from the group and sacrificed myself to blow open a hole in the side of the base." The clone looked disturbed. "...How badly zapped are we talking about here?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23496 on: February 01, 2014, 05:07:31 pm »

Wake up, and proceed to the VR. Boot up Tinker and look up some heavy mechanised armor schematics, as well as the Avatar of War schematics.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23497 on: February 01, 2014, 05:17:02 pm »

Jim raised his left orbital ridge, as if to cock an eyebrow. "...Feyri got zapped? That's not how the mission went. Team 3 - Feyri, Milno, Ivan, Faith, and I - landed safely. I was the first casualty about three minutes in. I got separated from the group and sacrificed myself to blow open a hole in the side of the base." The clone looked disturbed. "...How badly zapped are we talking about here?"
"Gone? And another guy got blown up, too."
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23498 on: February 01, 2014, 05:41:46 pm »

Jim rubbed his forehead. "Jesus Christ. That run is pretty unlucky if you already lost people before hitting the ground." And one of them Feyri. From what he had heard, she had pretty much been the main reason they succeeded when she killed that sentinel. Now that was going to be up to his VR self. Hmm. He'd have to see if he could download the log of the mission once Grate finished it, to see how it had gone and how he would've done if things had went differently.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 05:43:54 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23499 on: February 01, 2014, 06:14:12 pm »

"All right, when encountering lasers, take cover. Simple enough"
"That's great and all, but that vr program put us in an empty room. Kinda sadistic, don't ya think?"
"WHatever, let's see if there are any other 'enemies'"

Restart vr defence thingy, preferably with an opponent that is not lasers.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23500 on: February 01, 2014, 06:34:32 pm »

((I am full robot so directly on the wrist))
put on bracelet, try and figure out if it has done something
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23501 on: February 01, 2014, 06:48:01 pm »

(Changing this post, didn't read the other thread first.)

Jim sighed and moved over to Auron's tank. He wanted to hear both sides of the story.

"So, is Steve's version of events accurate?"

(Response provided Jim takes me out of my chemical coma)

Pretty much, except i was arguing that it needed to keep its weapon while it learned to walk and steve has omitted the part where i agreed to replace the weapon and Nazi-bot 5000 over there had me electrocuted anyway.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23502 on: February 01, 2014, 10:29:59 pm »

Let's assume Jim did take Auron out of the chemical coma for now.

"I see. Here's the deal. I don't like it when people fire on their teammates. I understand that people can't always get along, there'll be bad blood, so on. Now, as one of the generals of our new military outfit, I would say my authority supersedes anyone's except Steve's, and I suppose Milno and Miyamoto could outvote me if they truly disagreed." He sighed and folded his pairs of arms over his torso.

"I'm being lenient because this is a first offense and I believe Steve when he says you were not shooting to kill. So I'm merely confining you to the Sword for a day after you get out of the tank, and asking Steve to shock you into unconsciousness if you attempt to attack anyone in A.R.M. for the next few weeks. I'm also going to ask Simus if she'll stay away from you, because it wouldn't exactly be fair for her to take advantage of my standing orders and dump that ClF3 stuff in your tank while you're healing. She can scrap the robot to replace whatever resources were lost in the explosion. As far as I'm concerned, this is the most fair way I can think of to resolve this."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:39:36 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23503 on: February 01, 2014, 11:18:11 pm »

((I dont need to be in a chemical coma to heal, simus needs me in a coma so she can screw me over. Also im pretty sure im on a bed not in a tank.))

You think thats a fair solution? What a fucking joke, you say you dont like it when people fire at their teammates and you accept that my assault was a reflexive, rage driven spur of the moment action with the intention of causing harm but not death, yet you just watched Simus fucking MURDER me. In cold blood. And did nothing to stop it.

Heres whats gonna happen, You are going to keep Simus away from me until our preparations are complete, i am going to get fixed up and go replace the gun on my tank like i agreed to, noone is going to remove so much as a single bolt from its body, i am going to personally perform the repair work for the damage i caused as compensation for my actions and we are going to put all this behind us.

You can impose all the shock collar restrictions you like but i wll not be penalised for accidental property damage when premeditated murder does not even warrant a slap on the wrist.

((IC rage, i im strangely calm OOC now...))
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:55:55 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23504 on: February 01, 2014, 11:28:05 pm »

(())
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 1565 1566 [1567] 1568 1569 ... 2101