_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 [1570] 1571 1572 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686156 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23535 on: February 02, 2014, 12:05:41 pm »

((Disagreeing with your use of OOC. And people's OOC opinions should have as little influence as possible on their IC actions anyway.
I don't approve of people trying to influence another's IC actions through OOC chatter, beyond basic things like pointing out parts of a turn they may have misread, typos, etc.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23536 on: February 02, 2014, 12:07:14 pm »

((GWG, no single character in the game will be able to "screw up" the game. Not as long as the GM wants to run it. Therefore, in-character responses are preferred to out-of-character arguments, no matter what consequences the former have for everyone else.

Whatever path Auron decides to take from here, is not something you should be arguing with Unholy_Pariah about, because the character and his player are functionally separate, and this is a role-playing game. Whatever motivations either of them have, no in-character action is going to "screw up" this game more than all this out-of-character back-and-forth verbal bar-brawling does.

Plus, this is, or was, the HMRC. People have had their characters permakilled while doing far lesser things. Like trying to watch TV.))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 12:08:46 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23537 on: February 02, 2014, 12:11:07 pm »

((Disagreeing with your use of OOC. And people's OOC opinions should have as little influence as possible on their IC actions anyway.
((Well, several other people are also using OOC. Including UP, whose main tactic for getting the spiderbot as he wants it is the OOC threat that if he doesn't he'll try to kill Simus.
Moreover, you're overlooking something. This is a game. If someone is taking actions that reduce or ruin the fun of others, and allegedly themselves, we should try to find other available alternatives. Permakilling Simus? That's pretty severe.))

((GWG, no single character in the game will be able to "screw up" the game. Not as long as the GM wants to run it. Therefore, in-character responses are preferred to out-of-character arguments, no matter what consequences the former have for everyone else.
((The problem is that UP's arguments include a good out-of-character component. That, and it would be horribly out-of-character for Grate to suggest to Auron that he try ruining Simus's career rather than killing her.))

Whatever path Auron decides to take from here, is not something you should be arguing with Unholy_Pariah about, because the character and his player are functionally separate, and this is a role-playing game.
((As I asked UP, please read this.
This is a game, people need to have fun. If peoples' actions, like trying to permakill Simus, are going to make the game less fun, we should try and work around them, shouldn't we?))

Whatever motivations either of them have, no in-character action is going to "screw up" this game more than all this out-of-character back-and-forth verbal bar-brawling does.))
((I disagree. This debate has the potential to make the Auron-Simus conflict much, much more interesting--and enjoyable for the parties involved--than Auron just trying to kill Simus again.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23538 on: February 02, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

((Incidentally...))

Grate wanders over to Auron and Jim.
"What's going on?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23539 on: February 02, 2014, 12:18:04 pm »

Spoiler:  OOC (click to show/hide)

( ) "Yesss. My purpose in life is to build weapons of mass destruction." Erin replies to May, grinning and cradling whatever weapon she happens to be testing at the moment.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23540 on: February 02, 2014, 12:20:10 pm »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23541 on: February 02, 2014, 12:28:18 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23542 on: February 02, 2014, 12:43:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Incidentally...))

"What's going on?"

"Jim and myself are having a philosphical discussion over what constitutes a murder and why aggravated assault is more worthy of punishment as well as the ramifications such a justice system."

((Bit rusty on my law terms, aggravated assault is the one where someone pushes you and you try beating them senseless right?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23543 on: February 02, 2014, 12:49:22 pm »

Spoiler: THE LAW (click to show/hide)

Lars strips his suit to don the robe, admiring how the Pendant of Steve looks rather fetching against it.  Something idly makes him wonder if there's a Pantheon deity for killing teammates, when Flint runs in screaming.

Engage in theological debate with Flint on the merits of Steve and the HMRC Pantheon!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23544 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:28 pm »

[/quote]
I'm trying to help both sides find a reasonable conclusion that doesn't involve the permanent death or lobotomy of anyone's character.

Moreover, you're overlooking something. This is a game. If someone is taking actions that reduce or ruin the fun of others, and allegedly themselves, we should try to find other available alternatives. Permakilling Simus? That's pretty severe.
((I'm just gonna respond to this quote: did it occur to you that such excessive use of OOC chatter (not just from you, of course, but you've been staunchly refusing to stop and even goading UP back into the argument) "reduces or ruins" my fun? Probably the fun of others, too.
In fact it's probably the single worst thing about ER for me- the constant OOC discussion, even at the expense of IC interaction between characters.))
Then don't read it. We're even putting it into nice little OOC spoilers for you.
You can just choose not to read the OOC chatter. Pyro can't choose to not have her character be permakilled if Auron succeeds. UP can't choose to not have Auron lobotomized if Simus and Steve conclude that that's the only way to stop him from trying.

Whatever path Auron decides to take from here, is not something you should be arguing with Unholy_Pariah about, because the character and his player are functionally separate, and this is a role-playing game.
((As I asked UP, please read this.
This is a game, people need to have fun. If peoples' actions, like trying to permakill Simus, are going to make the game less fun, we should try and work around them, shouldn't we?))
((This is the entire problem, pyros actions have constantly prevented me from getting any enjoyment out of this game ever since Simus stepped out of that anomaly.

All i wanted was to build a robot and watch it rampage through the UWM landing parties, but no... instead ive gotta choose between several weeks of constant bickering or several weeks of wasted effort and a blood fued with another player.
The problem with that was, you were taking everyone's resources. If you wanted to just build a kludgebot with your own resources, no one would have given a damn. But you demanded the right to fritter away resources on the kludgebot.

Seing as everyone is really pissed about the constant OOC arguments (albiet understandably so) and the fact im frankly tired of it im not gonna be responding to any directed at me unless they are PMed.))
Suit yourself.
[/spoiler]

((Incidentally...))

"What's going on?"
"Jim and myself are having a philosphical discussion over what constitutes a murder and why aggravated assault is more worthy of punishment as well as the ramifications such a justice system."
"..." Grate looks at Auron confused...ly? Is confusedly a word?
"Mister Jim, what's going on?"
Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23545 on: February 02, 2014, 01:12:55 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23546 on: February 02, 2014, 01:19:01 pm »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23547 on: February 02, 2014, 01:36:37 pm »

(This. This so much.)

"Ooh, look who thinks they know a big word." Jim leaned over him, putting his face inches away from Auron's. "I'll deal with her when I'm finished here, but right now, you're the guilty party. This is not about your machine or what she did. This is about you opening fire on her. I think you're a liability, and you just told me you're determined to cause problems in the future. I should destroy you right now and save us all some time, because if you persist in this 'plan' that's the only way this is going to end."

"As for this 'agreement'... There is no such thing. You made a proposal that she quite clearly rejected, which is within her rights to do so as overseer of the planet and why you and I are in this situation right now. If you want this stupid machine so much, you had better explain to the people in charge of the planet's defenses - that would be Steve, Miyamoto, and Simus, in order of authority - why it should be allowed to exist. Because I don't care about how much work you and Jack put into it, and I don't care what it is capable of. All I see is something that is going to cause problems and my job is to eliminate problems."

"And about you repairing all the damage you caused... no. That's not going to happen. I don't trust you with a goddamn toothpick right now, and you're not giving me a reason to even allow you out of the infirmary, let alone have some tools. Someone competent like Anton or Bishop can fix the damage. I don't trust you not to sabotage something just because you're feeling petty and spiteful. See, here's what you don't get. You keep saying 'I'm not asking for this' or 'I'm demanding that,' like you're entitled to these things. You're not."

"The real irony is that if you hadn't taken a shot at Simus and just asked someone else to take a look at the merits of your work and help convince her you were right, we wouldn't be sitting here. You wouldn't be under scrutiny, there would be no damage to be repaired, and I wouldn't have to waste my time with this. Hell, I might've even taken your side. But no. Everyone has to be fucking morons all the time and react with petty kneejerk childish bullshit instead of trying to be reasonable adults."

Jim stepped away. "I'm going to give you one chance. If you can convince either Miyamoto or Steve that that machine's worth keeping, then I'll keep Simus from destroying it. The whole matter will be considered dropped as long as neither of you start anything with the other - and if something does happen, I'll see that the aggressor is punished appropriately. If you can't, then it is going to be scrapped to help with the repairs. You have one day to convince them. I'll tell Miyamoto to expect a message from you, and to message me his final decision." Steve, of course, already knew. "And keep in mind that I didn't have to make this compromise. I could have gone ahead with my original judgement. This is me being lenient; you won't get that a second time."

Quote from: Jim to Miyamoto
Need your help resolving an argument. 'Friendly' fire broke out over the validity of a tank that was made without authorization to help with the planet's defenses. I told the guy he's to contact you about it and convince you the machine is worth keeping. I want you to assess it and what he has to say about it and see if it's worth the trouble that's been caused so far. Let me know what you decide.

Thanks.

Finally, he could deal with Grate. He turned to the kid. "Hopefully it turns out to be nothing at all. More than likely it's going to end with one or two people dying. This was the HMRC. We were meant to deal with violent, insane criminals. So I don't have any faith in this ending peacefully."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23548 on: February 02, 2014, 01:50:21 pm »

Grate nodded at Jim's explanation, although he had more or less guessed at most of the important stuff from his rant.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23549 on: February 02, 2014, 02:01:08 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 1568 1569 [1570] 1571 1572 ... 2101