_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1570 1571 [1572] 1573 1574 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5717507 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #23565 on: February 03, 2014, 01:01:11 am »

((How did Grate reconstitute? Did he teleport or did he accidentally warp in his counterpart from a separate dimension? If the latter, thank god you got him from a safe universe.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23566 on: February 03, 2014, 01:04:20 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
((GWG's roleplaying Grate as having multiple personalities, one for each time he dies. It's tempting to try to kill him many many times in order to harass him with this.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23567 on: February 03, 2014, 01:44:44 am »

((I was gonna do the Jekyll and Hyde bit but dumped it for just getting 'aggro' when a chance to start a big fire comes.))
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23568 on: February 03, 2014, 09:22:41 am »

Miss Feyri didn't know?
Obviously not.
It should be clear!
Shut up.
Well, she knows now.
But she didn't! That was the question.
This is getting annoying.
what is this o.O
((Grate's head is filled with the past Grates. Side effect I added so he wouldn't have to keep asking what happened every time he dies and comes back.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Re: Coming Back?!
But...I heard you played will pills. Last thing I heard was that you got squished under a rock and-did that really happen? Because I'm really going to get mad at Stacy about that. And when I say pills (I can't find the delete option ok?) I mean that didn't you have something that dispensed those...things?

And and. Wait, Infirmary? Thanks!
Quote from: Grate -> Ms. Feyri
Dear Miss Feyri,
Oh, that. I'm not sure what happened. I think Miss Am did something about that.
Love,
Grate.

((How did Grate reconstitute? Did he teleport or did he accidentally warp in his counterpart from a separate dimension? If the latter, thank god you got him from a safe universe.))
((Hell if I know.))

((GWG's roleplaying Grate as having multiple personalities, one for each time he dies. It's tempting to try to kill him many many times in order to harass him with this.))
((Most of the Grates are the same.
So far, I have Grate 1 (Mediator, Died from Rocks), whose text is underlined; Grate 2 (Died from Gauss Rifle); Grate 3 (Arrogant, Power-Hungry, Died from AM Shenanigans), whose text is bolded; Grate 4 (Died from Reactor Fan); and Grate 5 (Alive). Notice how almost none of them have personality traits added.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23569 on: February 03, 2014, 10:00:44 am »

Quote from:  Auron to Miyamoto
Jim has instructed me to contact you in regards to the fate of the tank i constructed with Jack,
He wishes you to decide whether it should be destroyed and used to repair the damage done to the ships or whether it should continue to exist and be used in the defence of Haphaestus.

Firstly i would like to apologize for the damage i caused to the salvage yard, i did not intend for that to happen and i would have preferred to avoid physical confrontation, unfortunately Simus behaviour towards me and her refusal to leave me in peace had been angering me greatly and i snapped when she had me electrocuted out of hand. I am not proud of that action and i have voiced my willingness to personally repair the damage i caused as atonement but jim is unwilling to allow it.

Secondly i would like to address the subject of the tank being scrapped in order to be used as repair materials for the ships.
There are a few rather glaring flaws i see with this course of action, the most prominent being the fact that the damage caused would likely be mostly if not completely limited to the ships plating, they did survive being nuked after all.
Consider the fact that the tank created by jack and myself is covered in small irregularly cut pieces of hull plating that have been bent at odd angles to form a coat of armor reminiscent of that your avatar wears.
If someone were to try using the tanks armor to replace damaged hull plates they would first have to remove them from the tank, unbend them, fit them together in a way that doesnt leave gaps, weld them together and finally cut the finished plate to fit the necessary dimensions. It would be far more effective and time efficient to simply use intact plating that isnt spiderwebbed with welding joins and even if it was decided to go through with that course of action the entire tank need not be destroyed, only the armor would need to be removed.

Lastly i would like to address the merit of the tank.
Judging by the fact Jim told me it would be destroyed if i could not convince you to spare it i can only assume that it is currently still operational, considering the fact that pieces of shrapnel the size of small cars were flung around when that fuel tank exploded id have to say thats a pretty fair indication that any UWM landing parties that break through the orbital defences are going to find it rather difficult to destroy, if i can put a viable replacement weapon on it i believe it will be a highly useful asset, especially considering that there are ARM personell who are horrible with actual weapons but great with vehicles and computerised weapon systems. The more combat effective each of us can be, the more likely we are to survive the coming conflict.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #23570 on: February 03, 2014, 10:04:35 am »

((...You do know I only know 2 out of those deaths, right? And that discards the AM-shenanigans/GaussRifle/Reactor fan. :p))
Dear Miss Feyri,
Love,
Grate.
Quote from:  :O
So is what I heard...true?

..This is confusing. Like he's not telling me something.
That or he may be preoccupied with science he dabbles in. Quite cute.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23571 on: February 03, 2014, 10:13:58 am »

Spoiler: OOC @GWG (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23572 on: February 03, 2014, 10:16:09 am »

((...You do know I only know 2 out of those deaths, right? And that discards the AM-shenanigans/GaussRifle/Reactor fan. :p))
Dear Miss Feyri,
Love,
Grate.
Quote from:  :O
So is what I heard...true?

..This is confusing. Like he's not telling me something.
That or he may be preoccupied with science he dabbles in. Quite cute.

((Which two? You named three you didn't know of and Grate's only died four times. So far.
Also, Grate isn't intentionally keeping anything from Feyri, so this could get...sitcomedic very fast if we're not careful.))

Quote from: Grate -> Ms. Feyri
Dear Miss Feyri,
I think so?
Love,
Grate

Spoiler: OOC @GWG (click to show/hide)
((If I wanted to do that, I'd need ways to differentiate their text. And you're overestimating the effects of the deaths on how "different" they are.
Once the head gets a bit crowded, maybe they'll differentiate more...but for now, eh.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23573 on: February 03, 2014, 10:22:03 am »

((Or you know, you could treat it as if grate reverts to his exact physical state of being from the second before he died, including his memory. He'll remember what was about to kill him and can gather he died from the carnage around him without you needing to post multiple sentences each time you make a decision.

Just an option to consider after you die again.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23574 on: February 03, 2014, 10:24:35 am »

((GM says Grate didn't remember.
Grate didn't remember.
Plus, this is more fun, and doesn't come up half as often as you claim.))
Sig

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23575 on: February 03, 2014, 12:37:42 pm »

Talking of melee weapons that don't need any batteries nor some special kind of fuel... "There's something I wanted to know. The melee battlesuit's heavy blade, does it have anything to help swinging it or is that just a slab of metal?"

Ask the AM.
Spoiler: Updated Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23577 on: February 03, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »

((Since this was like three pages ago and isn't actually an action (and was accidentally posted in the wrong thread), I'd like to repost it so it isn't missed. I need the answer(s) so I know if I need to make any changes.))

Spoiler: Request repost (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23578 on: February 03, 2014, 02:57:28 pm »

Wake up, jump in a VR, boot up Tinker and list the heavy mechanised armor variants with plans available.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23579 on: February 03, 2014, 03:11:40 pm »

You're on the attack course, ya widget.

All that comes out of the slot when you reach it is a flimsy replica of a Sod, brandishing a non-functional weapon in your direction. It sits there for about two seconds before sliding back in. You get a mild shock as it does so and the flashing screens display a -100 points.
((Oh, so they were vertical slots for virtual cardboard cutouts. I was assuming some sort of horizontal slots for shooting through, and wanted to test whether they're some sort of automatic turret triggering on body heat or something - I wasn't actually trying to reach it.))

Well, then get on the move and incinerate cardboard hearts with 1-foot spheres as they pop out.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
[exo:1+1]
The next cardboard cut out, this time of a stereotypical alien, goes unburnt as you just sort of stare at it in confusion.

You get shocked harder this time.

(Changing this post, didn't read the other thread first.)

Jim sighed and moved over to Auron's tank. He wanted to hear both sides of the story.

"So, is Steve's version of events accurate?"
Auron is less in a tank and more in a chemical coma.

HAHA, TIME FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Spoiler:  To-Do: (click to show/hide)
Well, that gauntlet is gonna be effective at punching stuff, about as effective as a normal amp. Problem being that: 1. the tesla arc coils would be pretty wimpy at hand size 2. would need to stick out front and kinda ruin the ability to punch with the amps, and 3. the amps are gonna do a hell of a lot more damage to them and hurl them back before the arcs can do much of anything.

-Makes it more punchy. Also heavier and harder to use.
-you wanna fire burning gunpowder backwards, into your face, in order to rocket propel your fist? You been playing MGR?
-Yes, but they'd need to be bigger.

"All right, when encountering lasers, take cover. Simple enough"
"That's great and all, but that vr program put us in an empty room. Kinda sadistic, don't ya think?"
"WHatever, let's see if there are any other 'enemies'"

Restart vr defence thingy, preferably with an opponent that is not lasers.
The course has lasers. If ya wanna run it, you gotta learn how to deal with lasers.

Have you considered using your amp while running to make hitting you harder?

((I am full robot so directly on the wrist))
put on bracelet, try and figure out if it has done something
oh. Well, then it don't do crap.

Let's assume Jim did take Auron out of the chemical coma for now.

"I see. Here's the deal. I don't like it when people fire on their teammates. I understand that people can't always get along, there'll be bad blood, so on. Now, as one of the generals of our new military outfit, I would say my authority supersedes anyone's except Steve's, and I suppose Milno and Miyamoto could outvote me if they truly disagreed." He sighed and folded his pairs of arms over his torso.

"I'm being lenient because this is a first offense and I believe Steve when he says you were not shooting to kill. So I'm merely confining you to the Sword for a day after you get out of the tank, and asking Steve to shock you into unconsciousness if you attempt to attack anyone in A.R.M. for the next few weeks. I'm also going to ask Simus if she'll stay away from you, because it wouldn't exactly be fair for her to take advantage of my standing orders and dump that ClF3 stuff in your tank while you're healing. She can scrap the robot to replace whatever resources were lost in the explosion. As far as I'm concerned, this is the most fair way I can think of to resolve this."
Yeah, sure.

Saint scowls at the exoskeleton for several seconds, thinking.  Then Saint puts the exoskeleton on, and makes some basic movements to test it out.  Assuming it works, he connects to it using his wristpad and checks how much he can mess with it.  ((Charge dynamic AUX bonus))

((I know people can lock the exoskeleton, and reboot it into EM mode, so there has to be some way to mess with it.))
Usually they just mess with it's computer.

Also, remember this isn't a stock exoskeleton; this is a prototype built from the plans of a dead man.

"Ahh, perfect! Many thanks, ma'am."

>Go to the barracks, find an unoccupied corner and change into my new uniform.

>Then let's go tour this planet we're on!
Where you wanna look? We've got a radioactive crater, a burnt pile of metal, a ruined building...

((Indeed. Want to get away with a good conspiracy, keep it to yourself. Like I do. >_>))

((Also, can I get an RU price estimate on the production of an Artee? Description refresher: basically horse-like synthoid (like standard robobodies) frame with two extra arms, extra armor, two laser rifles, two hand lasers (one of them like the Red Hand), plus kinetic amp ram, operating off a central internal generator (or two smaller ones), controlled by custom braincase and two custom CPUs for fire control/multiple target engagement. Additional equipment includes a pair of extra eyes/cameyes, a gyrojet grenade launcher (sawn-off rocket rifle?) on the thighs and a medifoam dispenser under the throat armor. Visual appearance here.

Perhaps more importantly, what things could be problematic to implement/how many things I can get away with? Would the custom brains require the Doktor's help to manufacture?))

I'm questioning the wisdom of allowing robo ponies....not because of personal dislike but because of how strangely highly charged the subject matter is. Hmm.

Could you make it look like something other then a pony? Like a  big robotic kiwi or badger or axolotl.

DEMONS FROM HELL! THEY ARE DEMONS FROM THE DARK RECESSES OF THE UNDERWORLD. YOU PUNCH THE COMPUTER SCREEN AND START SCREAMING ABOUT THE POWER OF SPACE CHRIST.
GO TO LARS AND SCREAM TO HIM ABOUT THE POWER OF SPACE CHRIST!

ALSO SCREAM ABOUT THE POWER OF SPACE CHRIST TO EVERYONE I MEET ON THE WAY TO LARS!

You preach like a man possessed by the gastropod tendrils of space christ. You're not entirely sure about space christ's form or teachings, but you're more then willing to scream about how awesome he is.

From here
> Played a role on the 'defense team'. The one guarding the Sword on the Cradle as Milno/Jim's team assaulted the Command Center for Hephaestus.
Problem was: I didn't do much but mourn Lyra, and help Grate get some strange fuzzy burrowing creatures with mandibles to the Sword in a box. And 'test gravity' in the way sadness goes. That was it.

Inquire on recent events past the capture of the Hephaestus Command Center.
Hmm
Well, grate went nuts and turned into an angry god that the armory master killed.
people helped repair the ship
they also surveyed the destroyed base
They are currently exploring a flesh beast that is now living in the tunnels of the underground sections of the base.
There's a bit of an argument going on between simus and auron; Flint is waiting for his chance to smash auron to impress simus' non-pants off and jim is trying to police the situation.

Spoiler: THE LAW (click to show/hide)

Lars strips his suit to don the robe, admiring how the Pendant of Steve looks rather fetching against it.  Something idly makes him wonder if there's a Pantheon deity for killing teammates, when Flint runs in screaming.

Engage in theological debate with Flint on the merits of Steve and the HMRC Pantheon!

IF you leave such debates to me it's basically gonna be a

NUH UH! YEAH HUH! shouting match. Like it always devolves into.

Dear Miss Feyri,
I don't know how I came back.
I helped repair the ship, fixing a reactor and cleaning one of the fans. Then I found a couple anomalies and came back. Then I played VR. Now I'm in the infirmary because Miss Simus wanted everyone there for an important meeting thing.
I didn't mean to disappear, I just hadn't realized you didn't know I was alive.
I've been fine. A little busy.
Love,
Grate

Quote from: Feyri Nirel; Re: Coming Back?!
But...I heard you played will pills. Last thing I heard was that you got squished under a rock and-did that really happen? Because I'm really going to get mad at Stacy about that. And when I say pills (I can't find the delete option ok?) I mean that didn't you have something that dispensed those...things?

And and. Wait, Infirmary? Thanks!

OK to the Infirmary!...Bleh. Many posts. :I

Ok. You go to the infirmary. Grate is hear. So is jim.

Now what.

Talking of melee weapons that don't need any batteries nor some special kind of fuel... "There's something I wanted to know. The melee battlesuit's heavy blade, does it have anything to help swinging it or is that just a slab of metal?"

Ask the AM.
Spoiler: Updated Timeskip Quote (click to show/hide)
To be honest the melee version was inspired by the battle suits seen in this game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJZAzNKZBew

So in my mind it doesn't. But, sticking fucking rocket boosters on there like the hammer from that one guy in Anarchy Reigns would be cool too.

Wake up, jump in a VR, boot up Tinker and list the heavy mechanised armor variants with plans available.

How heavy is heavy? Whats the lower cut of point? And the upper one, for that matter.
Pages: 1 ... 1570 1571 [1572] 1573 1574 ... 2101