_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727749 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #23940 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:41 am »

((Hey PW: I checked the idiots in space.txt and it seems you forgot a to set a few levelups from last mission. My dex and endurance should be 5, not 3. Willpower should be 22. I raised aux to 3 and uncon to 1.  It also says I've got 0 tokens, even though I should still have 7))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23941 on: February 21, 2014, 12:17:41 pm »

Put on the space suit! It is time to look cool!

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23942 on: February 21, 2014, 12:21:31 pm »

Examine the skull. Read the names on it.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23943 on: February 21, 2014, 01:04:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does my robot body have the internal performance limiters mentioned here?
Deactivate the performance limiters.

Does anyone want to spar?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23944 on: February 21, 2014, 01:33:16 pm »

I could attempt it. No weapons, though.

Get in da ring.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 02:29:51 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23945 on: February 21, 2014, 01:43:49 pm »

I'm currently taking a catnap, curled up on my bunk.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #23946 on: February 21, 2014, 01:46:49 pm »

If possible without activating the button, wear the suit beneath the Mk II during the mission.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23947 on: February 21, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »

You should probably let PW finish the timeskip post before acting again.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23948 on: February 21, 2014, 03:04:58 pm »

((Claps for PW. That was a massive list and you did really well to slog through it. Seriously, Kudos.

Now to spend my 10 tokens...))

4. 2x 1/8 kt charge
5. Tesla sabre.

1 spare
4. 2x 1/8 kt charge
5. Tesla sabre.

1 spare
4. 2x 1/8 kt charge
5. Tesla sabre.

2x 1/8 kt charge

(( We're doomed. :P ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23949 on: February 21, 2014, 03:52:01 pm »

The first few months pass without incident; men and women long used to constant fighting settle uneasily into quiet, normal lives. Simus oversees the excavation of the hole into which the new base would be built, Pancaek always at her side, clanking metal fists together at anyone who looked at her.  Skylar and Anton and a revolving group of other amateur mechanics spend their days modifying the adhoc airforce of reclaimed ships, the junkyard alive with the flickering glow of torches until well into Hephaestus' gloomy nights.  Leman, Angel, Miyamoto, Felix and many more self proclaimed soldiers spend their time in training, shooting down targets in the VR or training their hand to hand against scrap metal dummies beneath the great shadow of the sword and it's cradle. Lars busies himself with propaganda, a corner table in the mess hall acting an office where he and Charles- and anyone else who felt like they could write a slogan or jiggle- would meet and spend hours arguing over the best way to get the message of the new glorious robot overlord to the people.

By the fourth month the deep metal skeleton of the base has been set in place, and Simus walks the high crossbeams over the several hundred food abyss that will soon be her command center. Local workers and maintenance teams from the sword begin construction on the new laser battery, precise optics, focusing chambers and enormous gimble systems ferried along underground networks from an automated assembly plant somewhere under the planet's crust. Morul completes his first skittish test flight in one of the reclaimed ships and Jack pilots the Thundertron on long walks, surveying the area and watching from the distant hilltops as repair drones coat the radioactive remnants of the shipyard in molten lead from enormous crucibles set along the crater's edge.

At six months the soldiers are helping to smash up the ruins of the old command center, collapsing it in a slow, semi-controlled manner with lazy laser target practice and the occasional test round from the new artillery gun set into the mountain top. A circular railway now surrounds much of the compound, weaving through the newly sunk foundations of bunkers and trenches that mark the eventual path of underground tunnels between them. Maurice, Faith and Mesk spend much of their day in the deep sections of the underground, working with the Doctor in the fleshlabs, growing the modified sods which the defense forces had commissioned. Renen, with Lyra curled up by his side, sits atop the sword and silently waits for his skills to be needed once more.

The first of the Steve bots, mechanical beings eerily similar to those of the Snowglobe, are seen floating several hundred feet above the concrete cap of the nuclear crater at eight months. The workers speak of a shaft several miles deep hidden somewhere in the surrounding mountains, consuming huge amounts of materials drawing repair drones from miles around. The great guns of the Sword shift for the first time since the ship has landed, grinding across the surface of the ship and locking themselves into place, barrels pointed up at the heavens. Bonfires of scrap material burn on the edge of the aurora every night as earth moving machines bury the majority of the base back under the rust colored soil. The ninth month sees the Sods, pale from their life below, but bristling with muscle and programmed knowledge, stepping out onto the Hephaesian plains and running drills inside the bunkers.

On the eve of the ten month anniversary of peace, Steve's voice broadcasts within the halls of the Sword, the chambers of the new Headquarters and out across the newly finished memorial park atop the concrete cap of the crater.

> I have picked up a Jump in signature.

And then, 10 anxious minutes later

> Total number of ships unknown. 10 at least. This is what we were waiting for. The fleet is here. It will take them roughly 46 days of deceleration to reach us. They will no doubt use sub FTL systems to hail us before then. We will not respond. We are on radio silence from this point on. They will have to come in quite close to see that the situation has changed using their imaging equipment. At that point, they will no doubt send several landing ships to evaluate. This is when we will attack.

The next weeks are long; each day longer and more anxious then the last. The fleet sails toward them slowly but inevitably, a death they can see coming but can do nothing for but wait and prepare to fight back as best they can. The final few days are deathly quiet and solemn, an awkward, nervous silence that seems it will never end. The last night is filled with fitful sleep and many find themselves walking the cold, red dust plain which they have called home for a year, quietly admiring the fruit of their collective efforts.

The alarm comes in the late morning, as the sun drifts toward it's peek in the sky.

>They have entered their long orbit and launched several ships. ETA on atmospheric entry is 12 minutes. 16 till touchdown. All hands, prepare for battle.

I'll handle these now, but after this, no more fucking around. We're starting.

((So did I build the ship & create the engineer group also what is my aux now +1, 2 etc ))
No. You're not pulling ships and engineer corps out of nowhere after we spent like 2 months getting this all planned out.

But you did level up.

((Claps for PW. That was a massive list and you did really well to slog through it. Seriously, Kudos.

Now to spend my 10 tokens...))

4. 2x 1/8 kt charge
5. Tesla sabre.

1 spare

Done

Obtain gloves.
Figure out basic properties of the thing. You know, size, shape, weight, stuff like that. Ideally also figure out what the heck it does because seriously this is stuff I could have done the day after I got it.
Gloves don't help. It fucks with you anyways.

I described the shape. Size is about as big as your head. It has no weight. Did you read the description? The thing is pretty fucking hard to mess with using normal methods.

((Hey PW: I checked the idiots in space.txt and it seems you forgot a to set a few levelups from last mission. My dex and endurance should be 5, not 3. Willpower should be 22. I raised aux to 3 and uncon to 1.  It also says I've got 0 tokens, even though I should still have 7))
got it.

Put on the space suit! It is time to look cool!
You put on the spacesuit. It's like the MK I, but older. And bulkier. Probably more a museum piece then anything. Though, there is something kinda odd about it. Can't put your finger on why.

Examine the skull. Read the names on it.
There are hundreds of names written in very small letters. You don't recognize any of them. You just want a list of the names?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does my robot body have the internal performance limiters mentioned here?
Deactivate the performance limiters.

Does anyone want to spar?
You wanna do that in normal life? I hope you enjoy accidentally breaking everything you touch while also damaging yourself. Should probably save that for when you need it.

I'm currently taking a catnap, curled up on my bunk.
Catnip catnap catcoma

If possible without activating the button, wear the suit beneath the Mk II during the mission.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Possible, but if something hits your chest it might press the button accidentally.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:54:44 pm by piecewise »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23950 on: February 21, 2014, 03:57:42 pm »

Jack Hansan, Pilot of ThunderTron, Team B Second-in-Command, Heading for rally point.

Drive ThunderTron to designated defensive point.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:17:35 am by Tavik Toth »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23951 on: February 21, 2014, 04:01:18 pm »

Gear up with the MK2, the Gauss pistol and ammo, and the cutting torch. Proceed to take orders, if none, proceed to team blobfish rally point.
((We mission thread now?))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 04:18:57 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23952 on: February 21, 2014, 04:13:48 pm »

((It was a bit...tough to understand what it was. And if it's so hard to manipulate, how did Nyars even put it in the box?))

Get to wherever the officers tell me to go.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #23953 on: February 21, 2014, 04:18:56 pm »

((-moved-))
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:10:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23954 on: February 21, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »

Anton Chernozorov, Team G "Cassowary"

"Well, this year sure went better than the last one. Up until now, that is."

Coordinate with the defense commanders, see where my presence would be most needed. Go to the hangars, make sure the Party Wagon and the Black Death are prepped and ready to take off at a moment's notice.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:44:03 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1595 1596 [1597] 1598 1599 ... 2101