_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1608 1609 [1610] 1611 1612 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733396 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24135 on: April 05, 2014, 01:22:18 am »

Well that left more questions then it answered... Actually... I don't think it answered any, well, I guess I'll ask the four armed guy next? Seek out the 4 armed man and ask if he knows where this is and what is going on
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24136 on: April 05, 2014, 01:25:33 am »

((Ohhh. You know you are one step away from forceful dismemberment when the GM asks you 'Are you sure you want to do that?' even if that's as peaceful interaction as trading with an NPC vendor :P ))
Assess how many tokens I would have collected were I to sell the Mk II, the grenades and the MFM; how many if I also pawned (or sold) the Instrument and the fleshknitter can.

Good evening, ma'am. May I ask you a few questions?
Could you please tell me about various substances that can help on missions - apart from those listed? For example, is there anything that can lift or offset mental stress or willpower strain accumulated through field manipulator/amp use? Also, I've heard about various special kinds of cigarettes - could you elaborate on those?

Inquire.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24137 on: April 05, 2014, 11:27:12 am »

Jim put two arms around Feyri's shoulder. "Hey," he said back, giving her a gentle squeeze.
It's nice to see you alive...after all that happened. Feyri replied. Sorry for not being that active lately though. Missions and...internal programming and all that.

She looked to the side of the Tv as it filled the dead air with its noise--she didn't particularly like the choice of channels or cable(?) the ship had.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24138 on: April 05, 2014, 12:02:21 pm »

Hello, guys. I made up a character to play (nikitian said I shoud do so :))).

Code: [Select]
Name: Mir Yakovlev
Appearance: 5'9", grey/green eyes, brown hair with white temples, casual/not-on-mission clothing is lab coat.
Personal Info: Born in some Northern-European country from russian parents. Applied physics MSc. Does not like being interrupted or not allowed to speak, otherwise pretty calm.
Reason: Accidental murder of 9 lab coworkers.

Stats:
STR 2
DEX 3
END 2
CHA 3
INT 7
WP 3

Skills:
Speech 0
Intuition 0
Handiwork 3
Conv. Weap. 3
Unconv. Weap. 0
Exotic Weap. 1
Aux. Systems 1
Medical tech 0

Profession: Technician
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24139 on: April 05, 2014, 12:07:52 pm »

((Nikitian's buddies are appearing. :))
That guy is awesome. Hope he's doing ok!

Need a crash course on the intro to the everything here? I could aid you in the OOC thread about it.))

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24140 on: April 05, 2014, 02:53:29 pm »

<del, I messed up, sorry>
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:31:13 pm by lw »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24141 on: April 05, 2014, 07:59:03 pm »

(Hey, lw! Are you the guy that posted for Nik on his account previously? If so, welcome back. If not, welcome to B12 anyway. Hope you have fun here. ^^^)

"It's OK, Feyri. Way I see it, you're still alive, I'm still alive, that's all that matters. If you need to take some time off to recover from all the weird stuff we've been through, that's fine." He laughed to himself, somewhat sarcastically. "After all, I'm apparently a General now, so I can give you leave if I want to."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24142 on: April 06, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »

((No, not really, but we all know each other and often meet IRL the league of Nikitian's friends))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24143 on: April 06, 2014, 02:10:49 pm »

That's good to hear, Feyri replied still looking at the same spot, I can only remember scant few details, and only back when we fought to capture Hephaestus. Time flies, huh.

How were you made a General?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24144 on: April 06, 2014, 02:15:08 pm »

"I'm assuming it was either let Steve make me a general of this whole revolution or the Armory Master would kill me." Jim shrugged. "I don't know. I suppose we'll just have to see how this whole thing goes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24145 on: April 06, 2014, 08:59:09 pm »

You seriously believe that part? Feyri said, hinting a tone of disbelief at the latter guess. She doubted they'd resort to crude threats at the moment, but in a momentous decision like this...she doubted Jim would joke on the matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24146 on: April 06, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »

Jim shrugged again. It was a useful, if elaborate, gesture for someone with four arms. "When he called Milno, Miyamoto, and me to see him, he brought the Armory Master along. Considering what he was asking about was this revolution, I doubt he wanted to take the chance one of us would figure out a way to tattle to the UWM before it got underway. So, yeah. Lead or die. Or possible lead and die anyway given this revolution, all in all, isn't going to be any less deadly than anything that's been asked of us so far."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24147 on: April 07, 2014, 10:33:31 am »

[Nyars] tells you about how the markings differentiate them.
Hey, can we get a more detailed version of what he said?

Well, basically, there would be a chance that it could hit one of the occupied ships because it misses the target.
The UWM flies its ships way too close together.
[/quote]
Basically all he said was "The boxes are organized using the symbols on them.  I dunno what they mean though."

Also, it's more an artifact of gameplay and dice then them flying too lose together. And, in reality, remember that most failures would just miss. So reality bending 1's again.

Well, basically, there would be a chance that it could hit one of the occupied ships because it misses the target. This isn't a D6 roll, the chances are less then 1/6, but still a chance. And then, if that happens, there's a chance it will hit the team in there.  Admittedly hitting them with a shell is very unlikely, but I'm bringing it up since getting hit by one of these shells is basically just gonna permakill them flat out. I figured the possibility of permakilling up to 4 people with a button press warranted a special warning.

Aha, thanks for the clarification. If there isn't a team that's in really big trouble, I'm gonna refrain from giving the RNG the chance to screw with me. So yeah, VR for me it is.

Go into VR, check if my Avatar heavy laser has any hidden or special features.
Especially check if there's a dial to choose diffusion and power level.

If not, how much would it cost to have that implemented? I'd basically like to have three modes at least: regular (the way it is now), small diffusion high intensity (for lon range) and high diffusion low intensity (power level somewhere between laser rifle and cutting laser, kinda like a more powerful HEP. For when slicing multiple buildings isn't desirable).

It's just a laser, as far as you can tell. Draws from the Avatar power source though, so thats nice.
There are the standard laser options such as diffusion, intensity and this one also appears to have a "Pulse" feature that will cause it to fire for X amount of time with each trigger pull.

Buy a medium red box with a heptagon and a vertical line on it. Then open it and see what I got.
Let see... Inside the capsule is what looks like some of megaman/samus arm cannon with a big hole in one end for you to stick your hand in, and a big hole in the other end, presumably for the death to come out of. It looks..strange. It appears to be human but also has the look of being high tech and sleek and all stylized like it was made by batman or something. This contrasts the gray utilitarian design of literally everything else around you.

Well that left more questions then it answered... Actually... I don't think it answered any, well, I guess I'll ask the four armed guy next? Seek out the 4 armed man and ask if he knows where this is and what is going on
You walk up to Jim and just start shouting "HELP" repeatedly.

((Ohhh. You know you are one step away from forceful dismemberment when the GM asks you 'Are you sure you want to do that?' even if that's as peaceful interaction as trading with an NPC vendor :P ))
Assess how many tokens I would have collected were I to sell the Mk II, the grenades and the MFM; how many if I also pawned (or sold) the Instrument and the fleshknitter can.

Good evening, ma'am. May I ask you a few questions?
Could you please tell me about various substances that can help on missions - apart from those listed? For example, is there anything that can lift or offset mental stress or willpower strain accumulated through field manipulator/amp use? Also, I've heard about various special kinds of cigarettes - could you elaborate on those?

Inquire.
Mk II for 3, Grenades for 1, MFM for 2, and the instrument and fleshknitter won't sell to the armory.

"You're oddly the only one whose asked me about that. There are a few things, actually. Booze and Smoking Mellows will reduce the stress to a degree, though any sort of depressant or drug that lowers brain functioning will do it. See, using amps and Manips hurts your head because it's like running high end programs on a calculator watch. Even after you do it, they stay all hot and overloaded for a while unless you force them to slow down, so to speak."

"Well, cig wise, Blue smokes make you emotionless but increase intuition. Use them too long and you'll become very odd.  Mellows and twitchers are rather self explanatory. And vision sticks are hallucinogens. "

Hello, guys. I made up a character to play (nikitian said I shoud do so :))).

Code: [Select]
Name: Mir Yakovlev
Appearance: 5'9", grey/green eyes, brown hair with white temples, casual/not-on-mission clothing is lab coat.
Personal Info: Born in some Northern-European country from russian parents. Applied physics MSc. Does not like being interrupted or not allowed to speak, otherwise pretty calm.
Reason: Accidental murder of 9 lab coworkers.

Stats:
STR 2
DEX 3
END 2
CHA 3
INT 7
WP 3

Skills:
Speech 0
Intuition 0
Handiwork 3
Conv. Weap. 3
Unconv. Weap. 0
Exotic Weap. 1
Aux. Systems 1
Medical tech 0

Profession: Technician
Any friend of Nik's is a friend of ours.

You need any explanation of what the hell is going on or you ready to jump in?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24148 on: April 07, 2014, 10:40:36 am »

Jim looked at the new guy with the skin where an eyebrow would be on a normal human face raised. "New here huh? I'll give you the short version. This is the Paracelsus Sword, formerly of the HMRC, now of the ARM rebellion. Right now most of us are attempting to board UWM ships and take them over."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24149 on: April 07, 2014, 11:32:00 am »

((Neat, arm cannon. It's too bad I'll probably blow off my own arm the first time I use it, if I'm lucky, but it is awesome. I wonder if VR has a Megaman sim, so maybe I could get experience with similar weapons.))
Ask Nyars if it would be appropriate to put the arm cannon on. Not to fire it or anything, but to see how heavy or unwieldy it was. And to see whether or not it latches onto my arm. Put the arm cannon on if Nyars doesn't give me a reason not to. Take it back off if it doesn't latch on, then go see if there is a Megaman or Metroid simulator in the VR database.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 1608 1609 [1610] 1611 1612 ... 2101