_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686631 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24195 on: April 09, 2014, 04:32:08 pm »

Ah, yeah. That gun looks a little unreliable. I wouldnt want to be the one tasked with... Hitting you? I'll stick with conventional weapons for now. Thanks for the help Jim! And with that Vincent turns towards the armoury. Head to the Armoury and buy a longcoat and laser rifle
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24196 on: April 09, 2014, 07:38:23 pm »

Charles abruptly staggers and leans against a wall, instinctively clutching at his head. His now clouded sight was once again clouded by the absurd delusions that haunted him. In this case, he saw two of those puppeteers, floating just within his peripheral vision, a series of impertinent threads being exchanged between the pair. Damn it... I need anti-psychotics... Slowly, he begins typing out a message, trying not to break into hysteria or panicking.
Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Units in the Command Center
I need to go to the infirmary for a moment. My turret is still deployed though.
Charles goes to the infirmary and gets anti-psychotics.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24197 on: April 09, 2014, 08:31:23 pm »

Jason shakes the gun from side to side. No more challenges for the moment, thanks. He takes a moment to look at the gun before looking towards Jim. "Yeah, I think it worked. The gun has a single charge now. Thanks again." He responds to Jim "Nice to meet you as well, Feyri and Vincent." He greets the other two. "And yeah, I got it from Nyars. You can't beat shady deals in a place you've never been before." He responds to Feyri's question before looking at the gun again. "You'd think something this high-tech would have an instruction manual." He mutters to himself. "Hey arm cannon, do you have an instruction manual?" He asks the arm cannon, unaware of whether it could answer or not.

Shake the gun from side to side for no challenges right now. Then ask the arm cannon if it comes with instructions.

((Piecewise seems like the sort of devious GM that might actually give this thing an instruction manual, and then let me assume it doesn't have one because I never checked. And I mean that in the best way possible.))
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:33:56 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24198 on: April 09, 2014, 08:35:39 pm »

((There's precedent- many guns/item have secondary functions that aren't in the immediate description.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24199 on: April 09, 2014, 09:46:36 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24200 on: April 10, 2014, 11:56:06 am »

((If a "charge" is what I think it is, that cannon is either almost useless or incredibly powerful.
...Possibly both, actually, when you factor in the Overshot Factor in Utility (OFU).))
OOC thread or stop. >_>
EDIT: Bash Jim in the shoulder he specified ONLY. Nowhere else.

You give jim a good, solid, thwack on the shoulder. He seems not the slightest bit effected by your weak, human flailing. The gun BEEEEEEPS and the screen reads "Challenge completed! 1 charge has been stored!  Begin next challenge now?" The screen shows a little animation of you shaking the gun up and down to accept or side to side to decline.
That is one strange...gun. Any notes on that challenge idea?
On that note, I'll try to check up my Gungnir with the AM.

Go to Armory Master. Engage in banter and conversation, show Anton's Rifle, inquire on practical uses in regard to nonlethal applications.
"Non-lethal applications for a gun? You could put it above the mantlepiece and then use it in the third act?"

"We sell practically everything here. Weapons included. Whatcha want?" She asks, head resting lazily in her hands.
W-well, a basic laser would be good, just as-as an additional b-battery for it - Mir said, stuttering more than usual.
I guess that will im-improve my chances to survive - he wheezed that last word.

Buy a Hand Laser and a charge pack for it.
If successful, look around and decide to go check out recreation room (the arrow thingy on the wall told me that)
You buy yourself a hand laser and extra battery before heading into the rec room. It's a big room with a lot of tables to the right, a set of vr machines, boxing ring, tv and couch over on the left. It also has a 4 armed albino giant watching 80's action movies over on the couch. So thats a thing.

Well, lets just look at your desired specs of the thing on a little car. The arms are cheap, 2 token. Car...depends on it's specs but probably 3-5. so about 5-7 for an armed car for the purpose of poking.

Hmm, good to know. I'll probably just go for the detachable arms, and hold out for the car to mount them on later. Upgrades later, basic utility first.
Also, just for the record, I'm asking for all these prices for stuff for easy reference later, obviously not gonna be able to buy it all with this missions' payment.

So, that's 2-3 tokens for arms that can be attached and detached from hand, uses neuroport (so no extra roll) and with option to upgrade to vehicle-mount later, correct?
Secondly, what kind of options are there in terms of jet/rocket packs for an AoW? Is there a 'jump pack' (like a battlesuit's jump charges), and is there a 'flight pack' (like a mobility battlesuit's)?
Anything else (like a system resmbling that of a  melee battlesuit)?
What are their specs (how do they handle, how long can you fly with them etc.) and what is their cost?

Yeah, sounds about right.

As per jetpacks and such...avatars are kinda at that point where their weight is causing the size of these thrusters and the amount of fuel they use to get airborne and maneuverable to be a bit insane. It's possible, sure, but you'd be strapping freaking booster rockets to your back.

...Guess it's getting a little crowded in here. I should probably come later and rather not contribute to you being besieged by customers.

Hi Feyri! Nice to see you again! See you later!
Maurice spoke as he waded through the small crowd gathering at the kiosk.

People waking from the pods, veterans readying their equipment - apparently, a new mission is underway. Steve needs more bodies... Maurice smiled to himself as he walked down the corridors.

Go to the unused airlock and lock it up. Sit down on the floor and focus on raising mental barriers and keeping mind crystal clear.
CHARGE MAH WILLPOWAH!

CHARGING MUH MINDPOWARS

PREPARE FOR THE PSIWAR

Ah, yeah. That gun looks a little unreliable. I wouldnt want to be the one tasked with... Hitting you? I'll stick with conventional weapons for now. Thanks for the help Jim! And with that Vincent turns towards the armoury. Head to the Armoury and buy a longcoat and laser rifle
Going for the NCR ranger look?

Ok, got it.

Jason shakes the gun from side to side. No more challenges for the moment, thanks. He takes a moment to look at the gun before looking towards Jim. "Yeah, I think it worked. The gun has a single charge now. Thanks again." He responds to Jim "Nice to meet you as well, Feyri and Vincent." He greets the other two. "And yeah, I got it from Nyars. You can't beat shady deals in a place you've never been before." He responds to Feyri's question before looking at the gun again. "You'd think something this high-tech would have an instruction manual." He mutters to himself. "Hey arm cannon, do you have an instruction manual?" He asks the arm cannon, unaware of whether it could answer or not.

Shake the gun from side to side for no challenges right now. Then ask the arm cannon if it comes with instructions.

((Piecewise seems like the sort of devious GM that might actually give this thing an instruction manual, and then let me assume it doesn't have one because I never checked. And I mean that in the best way possible.))
It doesn't say anything in response...it just displays a 24 hour timer that is counting down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24201 on: April 10, 2014, 12:16:00 pm »

Spoiler alert:  AM's name is Chekhov.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24202 on: April 10, 2014, 12:45:27 pm »

Take the Cursed knife in my hand. Strive to keep my mind under control, free from the knife's influence.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24203 on: April 10, 2014, 02:04:36 pm »

As per jetpacks and such...avatars are kinda at that point where their weight is causing the size of these thrusters and the amount of fuel they use to get airborne and maneuverable to be a bit insane. It's possible, sure, but you'd be strapping freaking booster rockets to your back.

Yes, I am aware of these facts and their implications. Yet I would still like to see what options there are, as well as their price.

Also, ask the AM (or Steve if she doesn't know) about that voice weapon Erik had. How did it work, and what roll did it use?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24204 on: April 10, 2014, 03:45:32 pm »

a set of vr machines
Being curious (and not wanting any more interaction with people for today), Mir walked up to a vacant VR machine, put on the gloves and the helmet. Five seconds later, he realized that he forgot the important part and plugged that one tube into the vein.
Ooh.
Almost instantly he chose a program he was very familiar with - "tinker" one and booted it.

Plug into the VR and choose "Tinker" program.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24205 on: April 10, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »

"No instructions? That's a shame. Well, at least I have a day before I have to do another one of those challenges." Jason says aloud, in order to let Jim and the others know he won't be asking anyone any odd favors, like allowing themselves to be bashed, for about 24 hours.

Jason moves his fingers around inside the cannon if he can to try to get an idea of the controls it has, but moves them slowly and hopefully without enough force to activate anything. That done, he finds an empty place to sit and watch TV.

((Now if only there were some way to find out more about this cannon through watching others, like a TV show or something. Or maybe an 80's movie will show that has the protagonist using one of these cannons. :P))
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:29:13 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24206 on: April 10, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

Properly geared up (Or as properly as he can afford) Vincent heads back to the rec room to chat with Jim You mentioned something about people needing help on this ship?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24207 on: April 11, 2014, 08:43:46 am »

"Non-lethal applications for a gun? You could put it above the mantlepiece and then use it in the third act?"
Feyri would've sighed if she had lungs.
I wasn't thinking about Anton Chekov there, ma'am. I mean, on the field. This design incorporates two structures to create it--surely there is a way that it wouldn't be generally lethal on the field, right?
Ask again. :(

A few minutes back, Feyri quipped: Giving a designated weapon without any knowledge how to use it increases its lethality tenfold.
She then patted Jason's shoulder and told him to sincerely take care when using the item before heading off to where she was now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24208 on: April 11, 2014, 12:16:58 pm »

Take the Cursed knife in my hand. Strive to keep my mind under control, free from the knife's influence.
[will:4+1]
You manage to control yourself while holding the knife, despite the intense urge to cut something. Cut anything.

Yes, I am aware of these facts and their implications. Yet I would still like to see what options there are, as well as their price.

Also, ask the AM (or Steve if she doesn't know) about that voice weapon Erik had. How did it work, and what roll did it use?

Well, there's a jump pack and flight pack. Jump pack is 10, flight is 15. Jump pack has effectively unlimited charges, but has to recharge and just allows quick bursts of force to propel you further, rather then flight. Flight is...well a big ass pair of rockets strapped to your back. You'll get a couple full speed minutes of flight out of them, but they need fuel and are subject to blowing the fuck up.

Erik's stuff wasn't a weapon. It's intrinsic to  Erik (and now faith), something related to his conversion.

a set of vr machines
Being curious (and not wanting any more interaction with people for today), Mir walked up to a vacant VR machine, put on the gloves and the helmet. Five seconds later, he realized that he forgot the important part and plugged that one tube into the vein.
Ooh.
Almost instantly he chose a program he was very familiar with - "tinker" one and booted it.

Plug into the VR and choose "Tinker" program.
We have a thread for your kind.

It's called the tinker thread.

BE GONE!

"No instructions? That's a shame. Well, at least I have a day before I have to do another one of those challenges." Jason says aloud, in order to let Jim and the others know he won't be asking anyone any odd favors, like allowing themselves to be bashed, for about 24 hours.

Jason moves his fingers around inside the cannon if he can to try to get an idea of the controls it has, but moves them slowly and hopefully without enough force to activate anything. That done, he finds an empty place to sit and watch TV.

((Now if only there were some way to find out more about this cannon through watching others, like a TV show or something. Or maybe an 80's movie will show that has the protagonist using one of these cannons. :P))
Inside the cannon are 5 triggers, one for each finger. Seems like squeezing in them in different combinations or alone might do things.

As per this thing's origin, perhaps the best place to go would be to ask someone who might have been around to see the show?

Feyri would've sighed if she had lungs.
I wasn't thinking about Anton Chekov there, ma'am. I mean, on the field. This design incorporates two structures to create it--surely there is a way that it wouldn't be generally lethal on the field, right?
Ask again. :(

A few minutes back, Feyri quipped: Giving a designated weapon without any knowledge how to use it increases its lethality tenfold.
She then patted Jason's shoulder and told him to sincerely take care when using the item before heading off to where she was now.
"Shoot for the legs? I dunno, these weapons aren't exactly 'less then lethal'. Unless you want some ammo made that is specifically designed to be less then lethal."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24209 on: April 11, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

Keep the urge in check. Keep holding the knife.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1612 1613 [1614] 1615 1616 ... 2101