_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5712788 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24225 on: April 15, 2014, 05:46:48 am »

How much would it cost to mount my Avatar heavy laser into a hardpoint? Should be mounted somewhere around  left shoulder, and turn the roll required into an AUX one.

Secondly, search in VR/the internet for famous Avatars/Avatar pilots. Who were they, what Avatar type did they pilot, what kind of equipment did they use. Search for their info in VR, if found put them in a few random battles to see what techniques they use.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 06:57:27 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24226 on: April 15, 2014, 01:24:51 pm »

Jim turns on closed captioning/subtitles, if available.
[unintelligible exclamations]

Oh yeah, thats a load of fucking help there, guys.

((Does Seagull normally slur a bit?))
I dunno, but I know you shouldn't bring food near them or they'll swarm you.

THOU SHALT SUFFER A HOOKER TO LIVE. Maurice screamed in fury and defiance, his voice barely recognizable.
Keep holding the damned knife!
[will:6]
You think you're beginning to get control of this. You no longer feel the almost uncontrollable need to slice things up. Now it's just a strong inclination.

"As interesting as this movie looks, I think I'll try to find somebody who might have some idea what this cannon is or does." Jason says before standing up and wandering around to find the Armory.

Walk to the Armory. Ask the Armory Master if she recognizes the cannon attached to my arm, or if she could offer any insight into what it can do.

"Excuse me, ma'am. I hope I'm not bothering you too much, but I was wondering if you had any idea where this cannon on my arm came from, or what it does. You seemed like you know about weapons, so I was hoping you would know something about this cannon thing." Jason says to the Armory Master, attemtping to be polite.

((This is sort of random, but is there any way to shift my stat and skill points around? Or are the points from missions the only way to change the stats and skills?))
You can repec now, before you've gone on a mission, but after that you can't. So if you want to change your stuff, now is the time to do it.

"Oh yeah, thats one of the shackles from Dead Man Running." the armory master says when you show her the weapon. "It was a Television show...oh I don't know how many centuries ago. Actually predates the altered wars, I think. I only ever saw reruns. They shut them down and raided the studio at some point, because they were using rather dangerous alien technology for some of their things. Including that weapon, I believe."

((Piecewise, since I haven't used any stats or skill yet to my knowledge, could I adjust my character sheet to the following? Please?))

Changed

How much would it cost to mount my laser into a hardpoint? Should be mounted somewhere around  left shoulder, and turn the roll required into an AUX one.

Secondly, search in VR/the internet for famous Avatars/Avatar pilots. Who were they, what Avatar type did they pilot, what kind of equipment did they use. Search for their info in VR, if found put them in a few random battles to see what techniques they use.

Cost of the laser + hard point +2 for installation.

There's not a lot of info on the pilots specifically. The propaganda, and indeed the history books, talk about the merits and power of avatars, but very little about their pilots. In fact, you can't even find any mention of the facts of the implantation process or that avatars themselves are living, independent creatures. For all intents and purposes, they speak about Avatars in the same way they talk about battlesuits.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24227 on: April 15, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »

There's not a lot of info on the pilots specifically. The propaganda, and indeed the history books, talk about the merits and power of avatars, but very little about their pilots. In fact, you can't even find any mention of the facts of the implantation process or that avatars themselves are living, independent creatures. For all intents and purposes, they speak about Avatars in the same way they talk about battlesuits.
So, going from this quote:
The armory master builds your junk for 2 tokens. As per that hard point, standard would be like 5 token or so. Heavier ones would be more. Extending and retracting would be even more. Probably like 7-10 for larger versions, and the extending version...I have no idea, would depend on what it's attached to.
I take it the cost of the hardpoint itself is something like 5-6 tokens, correct? So with the 2 for the work, that'd be 7-8 tokens total?

After that, ask Steve, AM and the Doc if they know about famous Avatar pilots, and if yes, who they were and how they fought/operated. If they don't know, ask them for advise or techniques on getting the most out of the suit. Or ask them to give me a pointer where to look for such information (e.g. A training course I could try).

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24228 on: April 16, 2014, 12:25:13 am »

"Dead Man Running, huh? This Shackle must be pretty old, then. Maybe I can find some archived footage of it somewhere to figure out what this Shackle can do. Or how it could horribly maim, kill, or disfigure me if I do something wrong, like I assume dangerous alien technology is prone to do. Well, thanks for helping, ma'am. Hope I didn't bother you too much." Jason responds before wandering off to go check out the Medical bay, just because.

Go see if any interesting shenanigans are occurring in the Medical Bay.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 12:27:29 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24229 on: April 16, 2014, 09:09:47 am »

Enough for today, I guess.
Maurice put away the knife and wiped the sweat off his brow.
Go switch for my labcoat and then enter VR in the Rec Room.
It's Tinkertime!
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24230 on: April 16, 2014, 11:24:00 am »

So, going from this quote:
The armory master builds your junk for 2 tokens. As per that hard point, standard would be like 5 token or so. Heavier ones would be more. Extending and retracting would be even more. Probably like 7-10 for larger versions, and the extending version...I have no idea, would depend on what it's attached to.
I take it the cost of the hardpoint itself is something like 5-6 tokens, correct? So with the 2 for the work, that'd be 7-8 tokens total?

After that, ask Steve, AM and the Doc if they know about famous Avatar pilots, and if yes, who they were and how they fought/operated. If they don't know, ask them for advise or techniques on getting the most out of the suit. Or ask them to give me a pointer where to look for such information (e.g. A training course I could try).

Depends on the size of the laser. If you're strapping a cutting laser on there it's gonna cost more then if you used a laser rifle for instance. Heavier duty hardpoint, more powerful motors, all that jazz. Shouldn't cost more then 10 I should think, and thats the high end for something really big.

The doctor is the first person you ask: seems reasonable considering his areas of expertise.

"Avatars are living things. Their motives are difficult to deduce for humans, but they are often violent. The key to truly bringing out the full potential of an Avatar is synchronizing with them, weakening or deactivating the feedback dampeners and allowing the neural impulses to flow both ways, while remaining in control." He pauses for a moment, thinking. "Avatars are a more accurate representation I think. Titans exhibit more of the trace and inherent properties but Avatars are more representative. They are a more potent distillation so to speak, if their true potential is teased out."

"Dead Man Running, huh? This Shackle must be pretty old, then. Maybe I can find some archived footage of it somewhere to figure out what this Shackle can do. Or how it could horribly maim, kill, or disfigure me if I do something wrong, like I assume dangerous alien technology is prone to do. Well, thanks for helping, ma'am. Hope I didn't bother you too much." Jason responds before wandering off to go check out the Medical bay, just because.

Go see if any interesting shenanigans are occurring in the Medical Bay.
Well, There's a massive, heavily armored, giant talking to a doctor. Thats a thing.

Enough for today, I guess.
Maurice put away the knife and wiped the sweat off his brow.
Go switch for my labcoat and then enter VR in the Rec Room.
It's Tinkertime!

IT BEGINS

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24231 on: April 16, 2014, 03:01:20 pm »

Depends on the size of the laser. If you're strapping a cutting laser on there it's gonna cost more then if you used a laser rifle for instance. Heavier duty hardpoint, more powerful motors, all that jazz. Shouldn't cost more then 10 I should think, and thats the high end for something really big.
Yeah, I'm using it for the AoW heavy laser. So that's 12 tokens for hardpoint+installation then?

"Avatars are living things. Their motives are difficult to deduce for humans, but they are often violent. The key to truly bringing out the full potential of an Avatar is synchronizing with them, weakening or deactivating the feedback dampeners and allowing the neural impulses to flow both ways, while remaining in control."
Ask him if he can tell me more about the feedback dampeners. How many levels of control are there (between full control and completely out of control). Ask him if there are techniques or tricks a pilot can learn to help him keep in control when the dampeners are weakened.

"Avatars are a more accurate representation I think. Titans exhibit more of the trace and inherent properties but Avatars are more representative. They are a more potent distillation so to speak, if their true potential is teased out."
Representative of what, exactly? And how come an Avatar is more potent even though the Titans have more synthflesh? Is it due to the symbiosis between pilot and suit that the synthflesh' true potential is achieved?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24232 on: April 17, 2014, 01:58:45 am »

>Dream of delicious pizza.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #24233 on: April 17, 2014, 01:59:48 am »

That you never ordered.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24234 on: April 17, 2014, 02:34:12 am »

Take a moment to stare in awe at the heavily armored giant, then wait until he has finished talking with the doctor. Ask the doctor if he knows anything about the show Dead Man Running.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24235 on: April 17, 2014, 05:00:32 am »

Take a moment to stare in awe at the heavily armored giant, then wait until he has finished talking with the doctor. Ask the doctor if he knows anything about the show Dead Man Running.
Miya notices the man staring at him and Doc.
"What, is there a problem?"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 06:56:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24236 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:59 am »

Jason blinks. "Sorry, didn't mean to stare. I've heard about Avatars, I've just never seen one up close. Didn't mean any offense." He responds to the giant.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24238 on: April 17, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »

(po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe, Toaster. :P)

Keep watching TV unless something else happens.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24239 on: April 17, 2014, 01:24:28 pm »

Yeah, I'm using it for the AoW heavy laser. So that's 12 tokens for hardpoint+installation then?

"Avatars are living things. Their motives are difficult to deduce for humans, but they are often violent. The key to truly bringing out the full potential of an Avatar is synchronizing with them, weakening or deactivating the feedback dampeners and allowing the neural impulses to flow both ways, while remaining in control."
Ask him if he can tell me more about the feedback dampeners. How many levels of control are there (between full control and completely out of control). Ask him if there are techniques or tricks a pilot can learn to help him keep in control when the dampeners are weakened.

"Avatars are a more accurate representation I think. Titans exhibit more of the trace and inherent properties but Avatars are more representative. They are a more potent distillation so to speak, if their true potential is teased out."
Representative of what, exactly? And how come an Avatar is more potent even though the Titans have more synthflesh? Is it due to the symbiosis between pilot and suit that the synthflesh' true potential is achieved?
Wait, the one in your arm? Cause that thing ain't a normal laser. It's a really complex adaption that basically has specially made focusing chambers down the length of your arm. It really can't be taken out without being altered substantially.

"It is percentage based. 100%-0% filtering. Nothing beyond self control and appeasing the desires of the avatar."

"Avatars are more complete. Have centralized brain. Follow original configuration of organic matter more closely. Titans have diffused nervous system. Structure more altered to accommodate needs. Both have symbiosis, which helps, but isn't required. Useful because of parallels but only minor."

Hope they put the pizza in stasis too. Otherwise it's gonna be rather off.

Waaaiting.

Moya
Mayo.

(po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe, Toaster. :P)

Keep watching TV unless something else happens.
Things are always happening

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:09:24 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 2101