_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686292 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24240 on: April 17, 2014, 01:42:06 pm »

((Link's broken.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24241 on: April 17, 2014, 01:47:17 pm »

((Link's broken.))
(( BBC Tag improperly configured, link works fine with liberal application of copy/paste :P ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24242 on: April 17, 2014, 02:21:22 pm »

((That's not the link, that's the URL.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24243 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »

Moya
Whenever something like that slips through, it's because I had to hurredly post from a phone and didn't have time to spellcheck.

"It is percentage based. 100%-0% filtering. Nothing beyond self control and appeasing the desires of the avatar."
And 'appeasing' means destroying or killing things, I guess? So giving it a little of what it wants helps to prevent it from taking control itself by force?
Secondly, if I were to go in VR, spawn in my own suit, and release the dampeners to get an idea of the effect, is there a chance of this 'bleeding through' to the real me, thereby unleashing a synthflesh monster in the hangar?

"Avatars are more complete. Have centralized brain. Follow original configuration of organic matter more closely. Titans have diffused nervous system. Structure more altered to accommodate needs. Both have symbiosis, which helps, but isn't required. Useful because of parallels but only minor."
Ask if there have been attempts to create synthflesh organisms that had intelligence beyond mindless destruction. Ask him if he has an idea where that behavior stems from, and if it could be altered (even if in theory).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:12:06 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24244 on: April 18, 2014, 08:33:51 am »

Leave the doctor and giant guy to talk and go see if there is a database I can access to get more info on Dead Man Running. If not, Go play VR Megaman.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24245 on: April 18, 2014, 11:19:55 am »

Moya
Whenever something like that slips through, it's because I had to hurredly post from a phone and didn't have time to spellcheck.

"It is percentage based. 100%-0% filtering. Nothing beyond self control and appeasing the desires of the avatar."
And 'appeasing' means destroying or killing things, I guess? So giving it a little of what it wants helps to prevent it from taking control itself by force?
Secondly, if I were to go in VR, spawn in my own suit, and release the dampeners to get an idea of the effect, is there a chance of this 'bleeding through' to the real me, thereby unleashing a synthflesh monster in the hangar?

"Avatars are more complete. Have centralized brain. Follow original configuration of organic matter more closely. Titans have diffused nervous system. Structure more altered to accommodate needs. Both have symbiosis, which helps, but isn't required. Useful because of parallels but only minor."
Ask if there have been attempts to create synthflesh organisms that had intelligence beyond mindless destruction. Ask him if he has an idea where that behavior stems from, and if it could be altered (even if in theory).

"Avatars don't seek pure destruction. Their motives are difficult to comprehend, but they move with purpose. Their purpose is what you must discover. It is difficult to say. The VR probably would not be able to simulate it, to begin with. But it shouldn't bleed over into the real body. The restraints switch neural circuits.

"The first I can't tell you. Altering behavior is difficult, if not impossible while keeping the creature whole. Emphatic link or chemical programming, difficult to say. Maybe both. "

Leave the doctor and giant guy to talk and go see if there is a database I can access to get more info on Dead Man Running. If not, Go play VR Megaman.

There's not a lot of info on the show, much of it was deemed unfit for viewing a few hundred years ago due to "romanticizing the use of harmful xeno-technological devices."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24246 on: April 18, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »

Converse with the Doctor.
"Avatars don't seek pure destruction. Their motives are difficult to comprehend, but they move with purpose. Their purpose is what you must discover.
"Yes, I think you're right, learning to understand the Avatar will be the key to getting to the next level. I wonder if I'll be able to wrap my mind around something so... alien. Maybe it's an instinctive thing? A 'mindset' rather than any particular piece of knowledge? I'll have to find that out myself I guess."
It is difficult to say. The VR probably would not be able to simulate it, to begin with. But it shouldn't bleed over into the real body. The restraints switch neural circuits.
"That's a relief, although not being able to use the VR machine to test it is unfortunate. It'll have to be trial by fire then."
"The first I can't tell you. Altering behavior is difficult, if not impossible while keeping the creature whole. Emphatic link or chemical programming, difficult to say. Maybe both."
Ask him if he has piloted/used synthflesh himself before (like an avatar or having a full robobody). Inquire if synthflesh creatures have something resembling an individual personality when born/created, and if these can change over time (like how a regular human changes throughout his life). So basically, nature versus nurture for synthflesh beings.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:53:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24247 on: April 19, 2014, 08:38:27 am »

Curse censorship. Go play VR Megaman.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #24248 on: April 19, 2014, 07:37:00 pm »

Spoiler: New player here (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:06:15 am by kj1225 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24249 on: April 19, 2014, 08:14:35 pm »

((Hm. Pretty heavy stasis issues.
Shame May's on-mission.))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24250 on: April 19, 2014, 08:17:57 pm »

Spoiler: New player here (click to show/hide)

((You get one more stat point; you only added 19.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24251 on: April 19, 2014, 08:20:15 pm »

((Thanks, I wasn't sure if you rounded up if one was going for completely evenly divided stats.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24253 on: April 19, 2014, 09:48:47 pm »

((I actually have. That's why I chose what I did.

And sure I guess.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24254 on: April 19, 2014, 10:10:04 pm »

Spoiler: @kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1615 1616 [1617] 1618 1619 ... 2101