_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5673164 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24255 on: April 19, 2014, 10:13:22 pm »

((Thanks. And I would have thought those would be used more from the description the Wiki gave of them.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24256 on: April 19, 2014, 10:54:22 pm »

((Thanks. And I would have thought those would be used more from the description the Wiki gave of them.))
((They aren't too useful for people who can attack without getting into the line of fire in the first place, it really comes down to specialization and most of the people who would have used it either have something better or spend their tokens on better weapons.))

Charles abruptly staggers and leans against a wall, instinctively clutching at his head. His now clouded sight was once again clouded by the absurd delusions that haunted him. In this case, he saw two of those puppeteers, floating just within his peripheral vision, a series of impertinent threads being exchanged between the pair. Damn it... I need anti-psychotics... Slowly, he begins typing out a message, trying not to break into hysteria or panicking.
Quote from: From: Charles Leroux; To: Units in the Command Center
I need to go to the infirmary for a moment. My turret is still deployed though.
Charles goes to the infirmary and gets anti-psychotics.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24257 on: April 20, 2014, 02:00:24 am »

((I consider manipulators, as tactical tools, to be superior to amps/implants. While they can't be used with the same kind of freedom as amps, the manipulators provide ample options in the event of failure, for one. Had Stacy been an amp user, the Ice-9 incident would have killed a lot more people because you simply can't throw away an amp if you see it starting to overload. Overreaching with a manipulator likewise doesn't leave you drained and with a splitting headache, and has a far lesser chance of making the user black out, since the power it uses does not come from the user's brain. Though that does mean you can run out of battery...

So all in all, Manipulators are safer, both for the user and his surroundings, than amps, at the same time sacrificing the capacity to use space magic while disarmed (including literally), otherwise restrained, or out of power.

Spoiler: Offtopic tangent (click to show/hide)
))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24258 on: April 20, 2014, 02:26:09 am »

@KJ (and others): let's move to the OOC thread for discussing char builds, shall we?

Also, welcome KJ, hope you don't die on your first day! We need more meatshields!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24259 on: April 20, 2014, 04:52:49 am »

((Overreaching with a manipulator likewise doesn't leave you drained and with a splitting headache, and has a far lesser chance of making the user black out,
((You obviously missed my last manipulator overload.
Brain damage, screaming about imaginary math, complete uselessness for multiple turns, headache remains.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24260 on: April 20, 2014, 05:06:44 am »

((Overreaching with a manipulator likewise doesn't leave you drained and with a splitting headache, and has a far lesser chance of making the user black out,
((You obviously missed my last manipulator overload.
Brain damage, screaming about imaginary math, complete uselessness for multiple turns, headache remains.))
((It just means that if Auron was an amp user, he would have been far worse off in that situation. At least he recovered on his own - an amp user would have fallen unconscious and/or died from that kind of overshot.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24261 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:01 am »

Converse with the Doctor.
"Avatars don't seek pure destruction. Their motives are difficult to comprehend, but they move with purpose. Their purpose is what you must discover.
"Yes, I think you're right, learning to understand the Avatar will be the key to getting to the next level. I wonder if I'll be able to wrap my mind around something so... alien. Maybe it's an instinctive thing? A 'mindset' rather than any particular piece of knowledge? I'll have to find that out myself I guess."
It is difficult to say. The VR probably would not be able to simulate it, to begin with. But it shouldn't bleed over into the real body. The restraints switch neural circuits.
"That's a relief, although not being able to use the VR machine to test it is unfortunate. It'll have to be trial by fire then."
"The first I can't tell you. Altering behavior is difficult, if not impossible while keeping the creature whole. Emphatic link or chemical programming, difficult to say. Maybe both."
Ask him if he has piloted/used synthflesh himself before (like an avatar or having a full robobody). Inquire if synthflesh creatures have something resembling an individual personality when born/created, and if these can change over time (like how a regular human changes throughout his life). So basically, nature versus nurture for synthflesh beings.

"Not directly, no."

"Something like that, though calling it a personality may be over simplifying it. And change is rare, if not impossible. Treating them as tough they were humans is a dangerous action. The personality, as you call it, is their essence. They will not falter from it. "

Curse censorship. Go play VR Megaman.
Which program would that be? Exactly. Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Spoiler: New player here (click to show/hide)
Hey, someone new! You need explanation as to whats going on or did Radio and his wiki fill in the blanks for you?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24262 on: April 21, 2014, 09:31:19 am »

((I don't know the recent happenings but I do know what's generally happened.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24263 on: April 21, 2014, 11:49:09 am »

Which program would that be? Exactly. Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

((While I may not be the best judge of sigworthiness, I think this would be a good addition to my fledgeling signature. Or at least the bolded portion. Because ARM CANNON!))

Try to load up a VR combat test so I can try to get a feel for the weapon. Or a feel for the VR approximation of the weapon, at least. If the VR cannot effectively simulate the weapon, then draw a lemniscate in the air with the cannon just because.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24264 on: April 21, 2014, 01:24:46 pm »

"Something like that, though calling it a personality may be over simplifying it. And change is rare, if not impossible. Treating them as tough they were humans is a dangerous action. The personality, as you call it, is their essence. They will not falter from it. "

Talkin'. Just... talking.

"Yet it's strange, no, that these creatures have individual personalities despite a uniform creation process.
Then again, now that I think about it, I'm not sure how exactly they're made. Could you tell me some more about that? Are they created as parts, then assembled? Or do they come as a whole? Do they grow, starting small then expanding, or are they made fully grown from the start? When does it become intelligent? Hell, is there even a real 'cut-off point' for that?

Oh, and if I were to conduct some experiments, would you let me use that armored 'first-contact' room where I linked to the avatar the first time?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24265 on: April 21, 2014, 07:40:54 pm »

Charles heads off to get antipsychotics from the infirmary before walking over to the armory.
"Excuse me, about this weapon," He gestures clumsily to his arm cannon, partially due to the fading visions of some sort of ethereal cesspool and partially due to his free hand being occupied with holding the bottle of pills, "What precisely is it? I've never fired it, so I wouldn't have the foggiest idea of what it does."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24266 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:58 pm »

Steve, Feyri asked through her personal comm link, Now that we're full citizens of the Sword, what other parts of the ship do we have access to? Compared to before, that is.

Ask

Spoiler: For reference (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24267 on: April 21, 2014, 08:52:15 pm »

Uh, get introduced as a character or something?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24268 on: April 21, 2014, 09:01:43 pm »

((You wake up naked in a cryo-pod, coughing up the fluid your lungs were filled with. There are clothes nearby, you may want to wear them.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24269 on: April 21, 2014, 09:09:02 pm »

So...sorry if I got UWM wrong. I mistake the acronyms.

((You wake up naked in a cryo-pod, coughing up the fluid your lungs were filled with. There are clothes nearby, you may want to wear them.))

A sense of warmth touches the edges of your consciousness, before growing and enveloping you wholly. Then comes the cold.

Upon instinct, your eyes open and you blink, feeling partially woozy and disoriented. A mixture of heat and sensation reminds you of your body as numbness recedes. The diluted mixture you see before you sharpens as you stay still: your mind makes out the glassy interior which you are in, your arms, hands and feet all drenched with some kind of transparent yet non-viscous fluid which would explain the change of temperature.

It only takes a while for your mind to catch up to what your body is sensing: You are on the Paracelsus Sword. Prison ship of the HMRC, now defunct in its role as a utility branch of the UWM. You remember your purpose and why you were sent here. To rot and spoil by crimes deemed judgemental enough to sentence your whole life by a past misdeed.

Looking around, you notice you are fully naked--quite a normal idea given the method of transportation in space--and see a bunch of clothes outside the cryo-pod you are in. A grey shirt and matching pair of pants, lacking any underwear. You recall the idea of most ships being run or directly aided by an AI. A console blinks to your right. Its name is Steve.

>
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:39:25 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 1616 1617 [1618] 1619 1620 ... 2101