_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686393 times)

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship
« Reply #24315 on: May 04, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »

((d'Artagnan was one of the Musketeers, but pretty much none of that other than the name and basic info was from the story, most of it was made-up. Also, I did it at 2:30 in the morning, so it's probably really shitty anyway.))
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:17:54 pm by Scotsmen »
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24316 on: May 04, 2014, 03:23:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24317 on: May 05, 2014, 12:14:24 am »

((I get five tokens before each mission right? If so:))

D'Artagnan, having just arrived, walks into the armory, looking for a weapon to suit his taste.

Kinetic amplifier, microwave field manipulator, Ah! Tesla sabre. That ought to do nicely.

He picks up the sabre, pays for it, and goes back out into the lobby, waiting to be deployed to the next mission.

I hope I don't have long to wait...
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24318 on: May 05, 2014, 11:34:01 am »

Throw my kiloton nuke at them. Throw it far enough not to be in the blast radius, but wait long enough before throwing so that the main horde will get caught in the blast. Use manip to stabilise nuke if throw is off. Do NOT detonate yet if the nuke lands too close to our line.

In case horde is already too close for the kiloton nuke, use the 1/8 kiloton one.

You take your kiloton nuke in one hand, take a dozen or so steps back. Then you sprint forward and, just at the edge of the roof of the bunker, jerk to a stop and hurl the bomb in one motion. The nuke spirals out into the distance, vanishing over the horizon. You detonate it a few seconds later.  It looms on the distant horizon for a few minutes.  The kill count spikes a few dozen, but seems to be glitched, since it's wiggling up and down randomly.

"WE HAVE INCOMING! GNATS!" Someone screams over the radio.

Charles saunters over to the VR and checks whether it has anything in it to assist in the development of programs for people with no programming knowledge.
So do you want a program that makes programs or a program that teaches you to program?

Yeah, I wanna be in on this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((I get five tokens before each mission right? If so:))

D'Artagnan, having just arrived, walks into the armory, looking for a weapon to suit his taste.

Kinetic amplifier, microwave field manipulator, Ah! Tesla sabre. That ought to do nicely.

He picks up the sabre, pays for it, and goes back out into the lobby, waiting to be deployed to the next mission.

I hope I don't have long to wait...
A few things:
Welcome aboard, number one.

Number two, be careful with the sabre. It arcs. Feyri killed herself with it once on accident.

And third: it might be a bit till the next mission gets going. This one is wrapping up but the wrap up might take a bit.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24319 on: May 05, 2014, 12:25:07 pm »

You take your kiloton nuke in one hand
kill count spikes a few dozen

kiloton nuke
a few dozen
Tough bastards.

Try to see what those 'gnats' are. Are they smallish altere? If yes, shoot with laser (do I still have that aux charge bonus?) if far/medium range, if they get too close to the bunkers engage with monorazor naginata and kinetic amp, use jump pack for quick speed boosts if necessary. Do not let them enter/threaten the bunkers! Spray remains/corpses with namite to prevent resurrection/reuse of biomass.

If not, use that expanding line of extreme heat (like in the command center assault).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24320 on: May 05, 2014, 12:38:23 pm »

D'Artagnan notices the VR rooms, and goes to them.

Ooh, a "duel" one.

Enter the duel program

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24321 on: May 05, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »

Ooh, a "duel" one.

Enter the duel program

((By the way, protip: take two points from DEX, put one in END and WILL. No donwsides (you lose no bonus), two big upsides (two -1 turn into two +/- 0).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24322 on: May 06, 2014, 11:51:32 am »

You take your kiloton nuke in one hand
kill count spikes a few dozen

kiloton nuke
a few dozen
Tough bastards.

Try to see what those 'gnats' are. Are they smallish altere? If yes, shoot with laser (do I still have that aux charge bonus?) if far/medium range, if they get too close to the bunkers engage with monorazor naginata and kinetic amp, use jump pack for quick speed boosts if necessary. Do not let them enter/threaten the bunkers! Spray remains/corpses with namite to prevent resurrection/reuse of biomass.

If not, use that expanding line of extreme heat (like in the command center assault).

Gnats, as it turns out, move at somewhere around mach 3 and are little more then organic missiles; carapace spikes with fly wing steering wings trailing a stream of flame from some sort of organic rocket engine. They're the size of a small car and seem to be following the trajectory your nuke took, tracing their way back as though following an invisible trail. You barely, just barely, manage to use your laser to damage their steering fins and cause them to veer off and slam into the ground  rather then punch straight through you.

"30 seconds till main force contact!"

Ooh, a "duel" one.

Enter the duel program
Alright. Whatcha wanna fight?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24323 on: May 06, 2014, 12:15:25 pm »

Gnats, as it turns out, move at somewhere around mach 3 and are little more then organic missiles; carapace spikes with fly wing steering wings trailing a stream of flame from some sort of organic rocket engine. They're the size of a small car and seem to be following the trajectory your nuke took, tracing their way back as though following an invisible trail. You barely, just barely, manage to use your laser to damage their steering fins and cause them to veer off and slam into the ground  rather then punch straight through you.

Quickly check if the gnat remains are in danger of being reused/are reassembling into Altered right now, if yes burn with namite.

Regardless of whether previous is necessary, throw my 2 remaining nukes at them. Again, make sure they're thrown far enough no to cause friendly fire (don't detonate if too close), and use manip to stabilize trajectory. Try to get a good look at what exactly they look like.

If the throwing of nukes doesn't help to slow 'em down, use that horizontally expanding heatblade to cut them in two.

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24324 on: May 06, 2014, 07:54:39 pm »

Ooh, a "duel" one.

Enter the duel program
Let's star with something at least.. Mostly human. I want to get some practice with this Tesla Saber.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24325 on: May 07, 2014, 11:27:12 am »

Quickly check if the gnat remains are in danger of being reused/are reassembling into Altered right now, if yes burn with namite.

Regardless of whether previous is necessary, throw my 2 remaining nukes at them. Again, make sure they're thrown far enough no to cause friendly fire (don't detonate if too close), and use manip to stabilize trajectory. Try to get a good look at what exactly they look like.

If the throwing of nukes doesn't help to slow 'em down, use that horizontally expanding heatblade to cut them in two.

Oh yeah, they're already getting up and turning into...a beartrap crossed with a machine gun? The fuck is that? You spray them with namite before hurling your remaining nukes and detonating them as soon as the suit says it's safe. The kill counter is just fluctuating wildly at this point and the things you hit with namite are still trying to get up, even while on fire. Great.

"AMP USERS, FOCUS THEM IN!"

The air out in front of the base shimmers and then grows solid, as though a wall of slightly distorted glass has materialized and formed a funnel toward the base.

Ooh, a "duel" one.

Enter the duel program
Let's star with something at least.. Mostly human. I want to get some practice with this Tesla Saber.

How about nyars? He's mostly human, though he's quite good with his bat. Or maybe another person from the ship? Another player, perhaps?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24326 on: May 07, 2014, 12:55:58 pm »

How about nyars? He's mostly human, though he's quite good with his bat. Or maybe another person from the ship? Another player, perhaps?
Try to fight that Miyamoto guy. He seems like a real pushover.

Oh yeah, they're already getting up and turning into...a beartrap crossed with a machine gun? The fuck is that? You spray them with namite before hurling your remaining nukes and detonating them as soon as the suit says it's safe. The kill counter is just fluctuating wildly at this point and the things you hit with namite are still trying to get up, even while on fire. Great.
"AMP USERS, FOCUS THEM IN!"
The air out in front of the base shimmers and then grows solid, as though a wall of slightly distorted glass has materialized and formed a funnel toward the base.

A quick laser sweep if those things still won't stay down. Create a save point.

Now wait. Once the horde is in sight, transform a piece of rock in front of them into pure Hydrogen (tritium), then force it into fusion by pushing it together with pressure and increasing the temperature (if hydrogen fusion is too taxing to get done, go for plutonium fission instead).
Finally, use manip to create a small shield to direct the blast to the horde, so the bunkers don't get hit (be sure to create the shield before creating the explosion). Like this:

/   ......                 ggggg
   /   .........            ggg gggg                / = manip shield
 /   ............             gggg                   0 = site of fusion/fission
I O ...............           gggg              ...... = explosion
 \   ............           ggggggggg         gggg = goblin Altered horde
   \   .........                ggggg
     \   ......               gggggg
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:50:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24327 on: May 07, 2014, 01:08:41 pm »

If there's another player willing to duel with me, great. Otherwise, Nyars will do, though I have no clue what he is.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24328 on: May 07, 2014, 01:34:16 pm »

((I guess this would be a good time to stop watching TV and passively waiting for the next mission))
Go back to the Medbay. Ask the Doctor what his specialty is and what he does.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24329 on: May 07, 2014, 02:32:26 pm »

Now wait. Once the horde is in sight, transform a piece of rock in front of them into pure Hydrogen (tritium), then force it into fusion by pushing it together with pressure and increasing the temperature (if hydrogen fusion is too taxing to get done, go for plutonium fission instead).
Finally, use manip to create a small shield to direct the blast to the horde, so the bunkers don't get hit.
Don't you want to make the shield...you know...before you set off the nuke?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1620 1621 [1622] 1623 1624 ... 2101