_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686955 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25605 on: September 10, 2014, 05:36:46 pm »

((This is the only turn you posted an action for, where you were in range of an enemy. The result of your turn was, "You viciously attack a rock." (because the lone remaining battlesuit from the turn before - which you didn't post an action for - was dealt with by an amp user before your turn was processed). So no, you didn't use your rifle during Mission 12 (unless you want to consider the rock assault to be a shooting rather than a pummeling. :P).

Oh, and Mission 12 didn't have the standard 5 token base pay, according to this post. 3 tokens seems to be the minimum for no-contribution participants.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25606 on: September 11, 2014, 01:09:47 am »

Hrmph. That makes a total of 6 then, I think?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25607 on: September 11, 2014, 05:53:20 am »

((Why, oh why, does everyone want to break the economy? Next mission is about to come up. I might have some gaffer tape. All good then.))
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25608 on: September 11, 2014, 11:34:23 am »

"Do you actually have any of those? Steam and coal powered generators? Can I have one?"
Shopping.
"The first sign of stasis dementia is the inability to comprehend sarcasm."

((Speech roll is totally fine, even with my -1.  8) 
As for the deal, basically I bring him customers and he gives me token or two for effort. I can't really think any other deal that benefits us both, but if Nyars have better ideas, I'm willing to listen.
Nope, I can't do it, I'm too nice. Not without mindcontrol anyway. Instead let's do this -->))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Nyars corner

"How's the business"

Make small talk about his business, speech roll go! Once done, purchase a box: Small Red Hexagon with Horizontal Line. Open and admire.

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You walk up to Nyars and just start throwing racial slurs and insults at him. Just anything and everything you can think of. You get about 30 seconds in before he breaks your jaw with his bat. You wake up stuffed in a locker in the hanger. The locker is locked.

"It is very kind of you to provide," the Chief says, examining the generator. Fascinating stuff. "Where does it get power? And can a set of cables and capacitors be had, or are capacitors in the pack?"

Ask AM about free generator, as well as about other shit I need.

After the questions are hopefully answered, she turns to Sambo.

"Look. Free generator. Saved you two to four tokens. You look strong enough. Can you carry it with no problem?"

Check if Sambo and his 6 Strength can carry this backpack. If not, or he has complaints, get a generator that can do the same thing for 1-2 tokens (adjust size as necessary, but no larger than a child's backpack). Nope, man's got a plan here.
She gives you a thick cord and an adapter that appears to be designed to take the output of said cord.

"Attach the adapter to the battery slot, attach the cord to the backpack, and then to the gun. You're done."

Walk over to Mesk and Jason. Introduce self and ask why they are highfive-ing with a severed arm.
You walk over and say "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" in the most low key and polite way you can.

Jim will utilize stealth tactics and pick them off one by one as quickly and silently as he is able. He'll start by locating the building's fuse box with his cameyes and melting it to shut the lights off, which would hopefully give him a distinct advantage with his alternate vision modes.
You look around. Fuse box...fuse box....If you were a fuse box....You can't see it. You follow the electrical wires in the walls for a while but each floor is concrete and your ability to discern an 8th inch thick metal wire through three concrete slabs and a tangle of rebar isn't nearly what you'd hoped it would be.

To the Chief:
"Yeah, should be fine with that. Fucken stupid idea though, but it might be handy as a backup. We might as well strip some rifles and juice her up a bit in my opinion. See if we can't make the thing be a wee bit lighter, or a fair bit hotter in the killyness department. Can you manage that circle-eyes?"

Sambo tries out the backpack generator for weight.

He then says to the AM:

"Could I grab  two gauss rifles as well then? One for bits, another for shooting shit. I'll have a spare mag once we've stripped one of them at least. Oh yeah, just wondering, do you reckon our gauss rounds will fit into this civvy sniper rifle? Might give circle-eyes here something to plink with. Could you throw in a roll of gaffer tape as well? That stuff's a bloody marvel of modern technology."

Pay four tokens for the two gauss rifles.

Sambo then says to the Chief:

"C'mon. Let's get back to the rec room and we'll see what we can bodgy together with all this crap. At worst, I've got some more shooters."

The pack  is heavy and cumbersome but not unmanagable, at least just walking around like this.

You buy two gauss rifles with the money you saved.

Shame I just sold mine, you coulda had it.

Oh, and I fired it once, so I guess it's used. One token to the wiki, I guess.

Hey, uh, Doc. I hear you're in the business of unethical experimental research?
Got any, mmm, research projects I could help out with? I've no scruples and no common sense, so I guess I'm representative of the crew like that? I, heh, mean us space idiot crew, not the actual ship, like, crew.
So whaddya say?

Words. Don't be intimidated by worrying science type.
"How about high chance of death? Do you care?"

"C'mon. Let's get back to the rec room and we'll see what we can bodgy together with all this crap. At worst, I've got some more shooters."

"Very well. Let it be so."

Take the stuff we got over to the rec room, and begin figuring out (after taking another smoke) how they might fit together. Namely, the big generator and the laser rifle.
I'll consider this a dynamic bonus roll

Funnily enough you're doing a great impersonation of my characters in hellmoo, who were always hard smoking science types building airplanes and tesla gauntlets out of scrap metal.

Let's see the Stasis section and the Gauss cannon. We could visit the crew quarters on our way back from the hydroponics and the engines. As the initial destination of this tour it should be the last step, I think.
What do you think?
Maurice turned to his small group, smiling.
Proceed visiting places.
((@GM Would it be possible to finish the tour before the mission 14 ends, barring any shenanigans on our part?))
(I dunno. Maybe. If not we can put it on hold till later.)

The Stasis section, which is literally only maybe a minute's walk away, is an enormous room, like an aircraft hanger, filled with hundreds of stasis pods, each taking up a section on metal shelves, which are each attached to a rotating track, so that as each shelf is depleted a new one can be rotated in to take its place. The entire room is quite chilly and poorly lit, even with all the lights turned on.

"This is where the Inmate Stasis pods are kept. Crew have separate pods in their barracks. Each time the sword docks on a UWM controlled world it would take on Prisoners which would be stored here. They are "thawed" so to speak, as needed and when one rack is empty, it rotates down to the next. That wall over to your left is the back wall of your barracks, and you can see the row of pods that has been rotated into it currently. You may notice that it is rather cool and dim in this room. Thats so that the thermal cameras and mounted guns along the roof of the room" He gestures up and you can just barely make out the outline of something up in one corner of the room "can pick up people trying to escape by breaking through the back wall and into this room. This entire room is within the armor shell and lock out area, but it is still probably the easiest way out for someone trying to escape, since it doesn't have an airlock. Instead this room is usually kept hermetically sealed by the entry door and seals around the pods. The entire place is in negative pressure compared to the outer halls as well. Questions?"

((This may not go well.))

"Hey Shackle, would you happen to have another challenge for me? Maybe something not so bad or something worth multiple charges? Please? I want to build up charges so we can maim or kill more things on the next mission."

Check Shackle for another challenge. Stay near Mesk.
It beeps and displays some text.

"5. Okay. Easy enough to remember as the original setting."

Move the dial one tick clockwise, observe how the display changes. Then two ticks counterclockwise. Then again one tick clockwise so that, in theory, the display should be back to 5. Then check the suit for anything obvious that I managed to miss previously.

It seems to go up (and down) in increments of 1, though you could theoretically just keep spinning the dial to make it go as high as you'd like.

There's probably nothing else.

Debriefing, ho. Drag along any teammates that don't comply.

He writes a quick message to Simus as he heads to the briefing.

Lars inhaled deeply as he came back into the Sword.  It was good to be home.

He didn't even notice himself averting his eyes from the infirmary as he walked toward the briefing room.

Debrief!
Go Directly to Debrief!
Debrief time!

Everyone from the team heads straight to the debrief after dropping off all their gear and the stolen data with the crew. Steve is standing in the debriefing room, idly playing with the holo display.

>Ah, well if it isn't the only team that seems to be able to get something done competently around here. I'm honestly not even sure what to tell you here; you did everything well, got it done without being noticed, and got the data we wanted while also making sure your target wouldn't go running his mouth anytime in the future. It's basically exactly what we wanted.

Now, as with any high risk, high sensitivity mission, payment is heavily dependent on results. So I'm just gonna ask you: How much do you think the mission was worth? And do you have any questions? Because I'm good with just paying you off and letting you go.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25609 on: September 11, 2014, 11:40:46 am »

(Hmm, well, I got what I wanted to know out of the simulation for now. Time to engage in a bit of meta and leave the sim just in case I want to go on the next mission. :P)

Jim makes a savestate in the sim for future reference and logs out, then looks around the rec room to see what's going on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25610 on: September 11, 2014, 11:59:16 am »

"You could tell me why the fuck you keep that freak Doctor on the ship you lunatic"

Lars bowed deeply toward Steve, and made holy signs with his hands.  "I exist to serve.  I will defer any judgement of performance to Saint Milno, as he lead the operation."

He shivered slightly, then spoke again.  "Most Holy Steve... was the data related to the Doctor?  The man seemed... rather afraid of him."

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25611 on: September 11, 2014, 12:05:07 pm »

((Oh god, that went so much better than expected  :D))

Ulrich Leland. Location: Hangar

That god damn dog fucking asshole of altered cow... AAAAAAARG! Ulrich screams in his mind.

Open the lock and go to Infirmary to be healed. Plan for revenge!

Spoiler: Description (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats & Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25612 on: September 11, 2014, 12:26:26 pm »

Have any break outs ever reached this room? Actually, have any escape attempts ever been successful to any degree?
Other than that, let us proceed, I think.

Ask. Move on.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25613 on: September 11, 2014, 01:43:23 pm »

"It seems like a simple task. This is probably an incorrect impression."

Attach the adapter to the battery slot (figure out if battery is supposed to be removed first or not along the way), attach the cord to the backpack, and then to the gun in an appropriate fashion. Am I done? Give it to Sambo to test out on something.

Then consider how to attach the relevant bits of one gauss rifle in a rechargariffic manner to the laser rifle if I do not keep my dynamic bonus on that. If I do, just do it..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:37:50 am by Harry Baldman »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25614 on: September 11, 2014, 02:06:30 pm »

Head to my locker and put on my new MK3. Search for hidden features.

Maybe try to help that guy open his locker door. With my pickaxe.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 03:55:14 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25615 on: September 11, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »

" I think I'm going to follow the Preachers lead on this and defer to Milno."

Defer judgment!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25616 on: September 11, 2014, 03:31:51 pm »

"Stuff. Stick around, maybe you can help." Jason responds to the person who walked up to them.

Read the text on the Shackle.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:53:55 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25617 on: September 11, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »

"I, heh, guess that depends on if you mean like, standard Corps negotiable-permanence death, or, heh, real death death. Game over. The fjords an' all"

Inquire.

If answer is option a, accept.
If B), say the below

"You, heh, got anythin' goin' a lil' less deadly?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25618 on: September 11, 2014, 09:46:02 pm »

Go to the rec room with the Chief. Take the now backpack-generatored laser rifle from her. Ask Steve:

"You mind if I test this out a bit on something Steve? Something that's not liable to kill the bloody lot of us?"

Find vacant table. Vaguely indicate that this looks like a good enough testing target. Don't wait for Steve to answer. Set laser rifle to low intensity, beam spread. Fire laser rifle at table for 5 seconds. Set laser rifle to high intensity, beam spread. Fire laser rifle at table for 5 seconds, in a different spot. Make sure the rifle still looks like it's working.

Say to the Chief:

"Do you reckon this'd work better with a gauss generator and the capacitors from one of the rifles? The backpack's fine and all, but I really don't want to be lugging the damn thing around on some bloody mission. Keep the charging socket thing open though, might be handy. But yeah, I'd rather it all on the gun. If you can do that, then the sniper rifle is yours. If you can't, just jerry-rig all the bits into the backpack so it can generate and store a bit more juice. Should be heaps of room in there."

Wait for reply.

Hand the backpack generator, laser rifle and one gauss rifle (minus ammo clip) to the Chief if she wants it to make the final modifications.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:21:23 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25619 on: September 11, 2014, 10:13:56 pm »

still following Maurice
((Interested in next mission))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 2101