_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1710 1711 [1712] 1713 1714 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729812 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship; Magical Space Earrings
« Reply #25665 on: September 17, 2014, 02:22:48 am »

"He bombarded the area we were sent to investigate, and then we didn't get paid. Or rather, Mesk got paid once I brought up how competent he was. It's a shame, since I wanted to look into getting one of those green boxes that Nyars has. I was hoping that stopping a flesh horror would have been worth something."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25666 on: September 17, 2014, 02:25:52 am »

Jim sighed. "Yeah, that happens occasionally. It happened to me too. Look, how many tokens do you have on you?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25667 on: September 17, 2014, 02:28:20 am »

"None. I borrowed three from Mesk to get a Microwave Amp so I would have something I could rely on next mission. I plan on paying him back afterwards if I survive."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25668 on: September 17, 2014, 02:31:10 am »

"OK. Tell you what. I'll loan you three so you can get yourself a small Nyars box. You can pay me back after you've paid Mesk back."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25669 on: September 17, 2014, 02:33:58 am »

Jason blinks. "Gee, really? Thanks, Jim. Like my dad would say, you're good people." Jason smiles before heading out to find Nyars.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25670 on: September 17, 2014, 02:38:36 am »

Jim handed Jason the three tokens before he scampered off. "Don't worry about it. Just don't get yourself killed out there."

Jim gives Jason three tokens (for whenever the next On-Ship turn is processed) leaving Jim with 5, I believe.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:40:08 am by SeriousConcentrate »

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #25671 on: September 17, 2014, 04:22:02 am »

Sambo says to the Chief:

"Yeah, do what you want. Just don't fuck up the rifle or the backpack. The rifle'll do for now, just don't break any other shit of mine. If you fuck them up, you'll be buying me a new one."

Sambojin turns on his kinetic amp. He watches what the Chief does next, with quite a bit of interest in the potential for punching bad engineers.

((meh, it's my birthday tomorrow. You're probably safe. Probably.))

((quote:
 ((Am probably going on next missions, so... yeah?))
Yes, unless Sambo punch-explodes you for breaking his goddamned rifle.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 04:35:22 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25672 on: September 17, 2014, 05:53:28 am »

Let's begin now, since the room is clear. Skylar finishes tapping away on his data-pad and asks his first question.
Based on what the Priest had to say earlier, I gather he knew something important about the Doctor. So let's begin there...

----------------------------------------------

A while later, the briefing room opens again, and Skylar leaves frowning at his datapad, unsure of whether to be relieved that the Doctor is on our side, or terrified of what he's done...
Thank you, Steve. Let me know when Joker team is to depart.

He then heads to the Armory to prepare for the mission, waiting for it to be open if necessary.

Hey, AM. Could I get a rundown of the standard gene treatments we have? Benefits, side effects, price, that sort of thing?

I'm also interested in some modified datapads. Specifically, a secure datapad without a radio or microphone, and another setup to access and interfere with wireless systems and communication, possibly with some programs to aid with that.

Oh, and could we post things 'for rent'? I've got a MK III and a rocket bike that probably aren't going to be too useful on most of Joker's missions, wanted to put them to work providing someone from the other teams with better equipment for cheap.

Ask the AM all the things, mostly for the sake of time

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25673 on: September 17, 2014, 06:21:44 am »

((kri, you can always rent your stuff out yourself to people, just post an announcement or something. Since missions are in batches now that start at the same time, that shouldn't be too hard, and it saves pw work. Or just loan them out for free, that's also an option.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25674 on: September 17, 2014, 06:39:12 am »

((I for one would LOVE the mk. III, as that save me having to buy an exoskeleton for testing the Jackhammer, assuming it does get prototyped.))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25675 on: September 17, 2014, 12:56:12 pm »

Look at all these posts that didn't see the ooc post about how I'm not gonna be doing them for a while. REPOST IT WHEN THE NEW MISSIONS ARE UNDERWAY!

Alright, lets get these briefings for the next missions out of the way. If you want to be there for the briefing, assume you are.

Mission 16:
>This one is another blackops mission, so If you want to be part of it, talk to milno.

The Target is a bank, specifically something in one of the safe deposit boxes. We're not sure which one, the informant died before he could give us that. The point is you're looking for a black case; about the size of a shoe box, with Stuff in it. Probably hard drives, maybe some papers and images, datapads, who knows. The point is that it has info we need, so we need that box.

Now, if we just went in there and extracted it surgically, just taking it and only it, that would be far too obvious. They would figure it out far too quickly and move to counter act it. We need them to be unsure long enough for us to make use of it.  So we're staging a robbery. How exactly you do that is up to you, but it needs to be public, obvious and you need to steal a convincing amount of money and valuables other then the case to make it look like a real robbery.

There are 4 buildings near the bank. A hotel, the plans of which we only have for the first two stories, a clothing store, one story, a book store, also one story, and a building which is owned by some private group which we know nothing about. Multistory, but I'd steer clear. Might be mob owned, for all we know.

Now, the maps are here
First story
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Second story
Basement/vault level

You can see that there are several entrances. The one up front is the main, while the one to the left is the employee entrance. It's locked, but only with a keycard reader. The last door is the door to the repository, where the money not in the safe is kept. They pick up or drop off more, depending on the amount they have, via an armored car in that alley next to the book store. That outer door is quite robust, but the inside door that leads to it is unassuming and probably not even kept locked.

The safe and the safe deposit boxes are located down in the basement and are sunk straight into the bedrock. The closest tunnel is a sewer which runs under the street out front, and it connects to pipes that run just under the ground floor and are only a foot or so tall. So no sneaking in via those.

There's a nice apartment building opposite the bank and we've taken the liberty of taking out a unit there for you, with a window facing the bank. Our suggestion is that you go there, set yourselves up, and figure out a plan based on what you see and observe of the bank. Details about the exact workings of it are sketchy, so you're gonna need to do some recon work, no doubt.

You won't have any real supplies going in - beyond the normal citizenship proofs, clothing, communication device, etc- but you'll have a limitless bank account to draw from, so use that as you need. If you have problems getting something, just let me know, I'll find a way to make it happen. I don't like sending you in so completely unarmed and unprepared, but we don't know enough about the place to start making plans and gathering gear yet.

Questions?

Mission 17

>Alright, it wasn't really important for mission 16 but lets get some basics out of the way. The planet you're going to is called Q'Baja. It's a cool, dry planet with more land then ocean; tundras are common, with some large forests near the equator and glaciers both north and south. Water rationing is common so don't be wasteful with water if they give you any; that would be very rude.

It was settled by Wayfarers, and the faith is still common among inhabitants. It's political system is dominantly a Monarchy; there are several kingdoms but one of them controls about 70% of the world, so thats the one we're gonna talk to. That particular king rules by something akin to Divine Authority. He's decended from the captian of the ship which first discovered and settled the planet, and most wayfarers view this as something like god giving him that planet. Keep that in mind; he's not just some elected official, he's got the weight of faith behind his words.

Now, the reason we care about this planet is, like most Wayfarer societies, they value knowledge. In particular, they've got highly advanced Biosystems and warfare facilities and scientists. The UWM runs several Synthflesh production plants there, and there are research stations for both bioweapons and other, similar research. Their actions are, however, highly restricted by the UWM and getting them on our side would not only free them to do what I'm sure they want to do already, but it would let us benefit from that research.

This is important, because we believe that, as the war drags on, the UWM will start abandoning its bans on biotech and will, inevitably start using it against us. So unless we want to just try to weather the engineered plagues and hope that the men on Heph can treat it on their own, then getting them to join up with us is very important.

As such, I'm sending a group of you down as a diplomatic envoy, to speak to the king and try to convince him to join up with us. We need at least one person who is good at diplomacy and willing to try to convince him. The rest of the group should be combat types, for two reasons. The first being that we want to look nice and powerful; like we'd be a good, capable partner in this. The second being that, chances are, there will be some sort of conflict. You might need to take over one of the UWM facilities to prove we can, you might need to protect against an assassin, if someone in the UWM gets wind of a possible "Rebellion".  I can't say for sure what, if anything will happen, but the numbers show that chances are, something will. This mission will be under the guidance of Miyamoto, so talk to him about going, He'll be selecting the people. You'll be further briefed on the way down about the specifics of the meeting.

Questions?

Mission 18
>This one is a bit of a lark. I've got an agent in with one of the lesser kings of the planet, down in the planet's only real desert. He'd been out of contact for years; I'd assumed he'd just gone native, but recently he contacted his handler and requested a team as soon as possible. Details are scarce, but apparently a meteor came down nearby in the desert and he fears something he calls, and this translates poorly from the original language, the "Eater of cold", has returned, or that something else like it has come.

From what I can tell, based on his message and what his handler can tell me, he's talking about a myth from that culture's past; some sort of spirit that inhabits humans and destroys civilizations by withering their crops and their people. Normally I'd discount this as the superstitious interpretation of drought, but the man wasn't, at least in the past, prone to believing in such things; so there may be something to this.

I want a team, relatively small, to go down and investigate. Do what they ask of you, but keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. If some part of this is true, then we may be able to make use of it. The ability to wither the crops and populace of cities would be quiet useful to us, after all.

If you want to go on this mission, talk to me, I'll be overseeing it.

Questions?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25676 on: September 17, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

"Do you know where I can find Mr. Miyamoto, Ms. Lyra?"
Ask Lyra

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25677 on: September 17, 2014, 01:18:53 pm »

Ulrich volunteers for all mission. In order of priority:
Mission 16. Robbery fits me like fist to the face. 8)
Mission 18. Surely this will be fun.
Mission 17.

Questions about M16:

"Could there anything in the servers and Document Archive that could be considered valuable and therefore worth of stealing? For example data about secret or hidden transactions that could be used to blackmail random rich people or companies to furher credibility of the robbery?
How about the director, does he or she have any value as hostage and how the police would react to that?
How fast is law enforcement response time? I'm sure you have gathered some records about that so the team can plan for timeframe.
And finally, do you want it happen during daytime? Because that's just begging for trouble..."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:32:26 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #25678 on: September 17, 2014, 01:20:18 pm »

Mr. Markov volunteers for 17 and 18(better 17)
He can be melee bodyguard
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:59:59 pm by Illgeo »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25679 on: September 17, 2014, 01:22:18 pm »

"Hm. Generator pack is still needed, maybe."

Take damaged capacitors, and connect them just about properly with the gauss generators and the laser rifle. Intuitively evaluate what's probably going to happen with the damaged capacitors after having another huff of the blue smoke of wisdom.

Try to fix it if there's a chance this defect could harm the rifle's user or other unintended targets, or simply render the thing inoperable.

If that doesn't work, just attach the generators to the backpack's capacitor.

((Oh, so you wouldn't process these actions anyway. I thought that only applied to the people who weren't going on the next mission.

Nevertheless, PW can I ask for a resolution of this? It may turn out to be important, and there's little else I need to do.))

Mission 18
>This one is a bit of a lark. I've got an agent in with one of the lesser kings of the planet, down in the planet's only real desert. He'd been out of contact for years; I'd assumed he'd just gone native, but recently he contacted his handler and requested a team as soon as possible. Details are scarce, but apparently a meteor came down nearby in the desert and he fears something he calls, and this translates poorly from the original language, the "Eater of cold", has returned, or that something else like it has come.

From what I can tell, based on his message and what his handler can tell me, he's talking about a myth from that culture's past; some sort of spirit that inhabits humans and destroys civilizations by withering their crops and their people. Normally I'd discount this as the superstitious interpretation of drought, but the man wasn't, at least in the past, prone to believing in such things; so there may be something to this.

I want a team, relatively small, to go down and investigate. Do what they ask of you, but keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. If some part of this is true, then we may be able to make use of it. The ability to wither the crops and populace of cities would be quiet useful to us, after all.

If you want to go on this mission, talk to me, I'll be overseeing it.

Questions?

The Chief is apathetic, but this mission had the most obvious unpleasantness in it. It made sense to try and go for it.

"I want to find the Eater of Cold. Am I allowed to join?"

Volunteer for Mission 18, because Mission 18 sounds awesome.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:41:27 pm by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 1710 1711 [1712] 1713 1714 ... 2101