_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727034 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #26070 on: October 01, 2014, 02:03:51 pm »

Check wrist computer for list of strategy and simulation games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26071 on: October 01, 2014, 04:15:28 pm »

Sigh. Unarmored sods? Sods aren't superhuman; well, ok, they aren't super heroes. You can kill them with a .22 to the forehead. A 5 against an unarmored, unmoving sod is basically gonna kill em regardless of what it is. I mean, it's a fucking gun after all. They're just really strong, really well trained humans. They're not bullet proof.

I know. I wasn't asking IF they killed the target, I was asking how much damage they did in the process. Partially for the Weapon Statistics wiki page, partially for IC reasons. Replace "Sod" with "generic person", if you want. I just typed Sod because it was easier. Also, I was testing against unarmed Sods and battlesuits.

A. Fire the following at VR Sods/generic VR people:

1. Laser Rifle
2. Gauss Rifle
3. Crystalline Projector
4. Sibilus Rifle
5. Cutting Laser
6. High Energy Projector
7. Piezoelectric Shard Launcher (original, not Testament)

B. Then do the above again, but with battlesuits. (Don't aim specifically for joints, I don't know about that weakness IC.)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:33:30 am by swordsmith04 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26072 on: October 01, 2014, 04:40:55 pm »

Go to the Rec Room, plug into VR. Spawn one of every Conventional weapon in the armory (including the prototypes currently undergoing testing, if available), as well as a large number of unarmored Sods and Sods in battlesuits. No AI for now, just targets.

Fire the Laser Rifle, Gauss Rifle, Crystalline Projector, Sibilus rifle, Cutting Laser, HEP, PSL, Plasma Projector, Gauss Cannon (non-nuclear rounds), and if available the chem-thrower (both ammo types) and the Testament, Spektr, and Raduga rifles at both types of spawned Sod (don't specifically aim at battlesuit joints, I don't know about that weakness IC yet). Assume all rolls are automatic 5s. Observe results.
Sigh. Unarmored sods? Sods aren't superhuman; well, ok, they aren't super heroes. You can kill them with a .22 to the forehead. A 5 against an unarmored, unmoving sod is basically gonna kill em regardless of what it is. I mean, it's a fucking gun after all. They're just really strong, really well trained humans. They're not bullet proof.

I know. I wasn't asking IF they killed the target, I was asking how much damage they did in the process. Partially for the Weapon Statistics wiki page, partially for IC reasons. Replace "Sod" with "generic person", if you want. I just typed Sod because it was easier. Also, I was testing against unarmed Sods and battlesuits.
((That might be a bit too much for piecewise. Try a few at a time, 2 or 3, maybe 4 or 5, not all at once.

EDIT: Or do half here and half in the Tinker.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:49:50 pm by Parisbre56 »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26073 on: October 01, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

((I'm not Tinkering, though. :P
But yeah, piecewise tends to get terse when someone throws a big action like that at him. I'll edit the latter half out, for now.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26074 on: October 01, 2014, 08:59:14 pm »

At the armoury:
Buy hand laser (1 token), and ask the vendor
"Hey, is there something i can do to make this coat work against lasers?".
If that's what the "ablative armour plating" option for the longcoat is, buy it for 2 tokens.

I'm gonna look silly here but where are you getting this "Ablative armor" option from?

It's on the wiki as an option, but it doesn't say what it does.
All i found mentioning it was this post:

((Damn. I really thought I had designed something good there. Oh well, I'll find something else to e-mail to Simus.))

Create 5 civic defender's longcoats.
One is normal, one has the ablative anti-laser paint, one has solid sand scales, one has a coating of sand and one has scales made of that energy absorbent material from the anomalous planetoid mission (if it is available on VR).

Test the 5 against lasers and gauss rifles. Which one's the most effective? Any problems (too heavy, etc.)?

Civic defender's longcoat is 3 tokens. Civic defender's longcoat with ablative anti-laser paint is 5 tokens. Are the other modified longcoats as cheap?

A coating of living sand is gonna do grrrrrrrreat against lasers.

And that hexagonal stuff from the planetoid is gonna be best against the gauss

The sand grows when exposed to the light, so that might cause problems in the long run.
The hex stuff is pretty heavy, though not stupidly so. Just enough that it might effect normal people.

Oh, you could shrink the legs, move the sensors to the chest, and it could get to 8 feet or so.

That does seem to say that it's anti-laser paint which is basically what i was gonna try to ask for.

… come to think of it, would an Invisibility Cloak protect from lasers?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:08:35 pm by yobbo »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26075 on: October 02, 2014, 09:44:28 pm »

Jack Catar heads to the armory once everything dies down.
"The Mk III suit is beneficial to robots as well as humans right?  If so I would like to purchase one."
Probably purchase a Mk III.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26076 on: October 03, 2014, 05:34:47 pm »

Send an email to both the DOC and AM. Ask them if either of them has a weapon/synthflesh upgrade/whatever that uses EXO and isn't an amp.

Also ask AM if there is a bulk discount on installing multiple kinetic amps in synthflesh bodies at once
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:36:36 pm by Pancaek »

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26077 on: October 03, 2014, 06:18:53 pm »

@Jack: "Hey it's good… umm… good to see your eye's… not all dangly anymore."

Smoooth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26078 on: October 04, 2014, 11:38:25 am »

Medium box, green hexagon, with any line please.
Hmmm it may be about time I update that classification system.

You get your box and open it. Inside is a hooded robe, loose and crimson, which sleeves which dangle past your hands and a cowl which obscures your face. Stitched in the hood, following the circle of the crown of your head, is a message in gold thread.

"I am constant with the old covenant. I am beyond judgement."

Walk into the Doc's room.

Hello Doctor. I'd like to talk with you about some things, if it's alright.

((I dunno if you wanna do this via PM or not, since I'm gonna be asking him about the nature of my transformation, which you've kept pretty secret so far, so just PM me if it's going to be PM, or I guess respond here if not.))
You can pm me but depending on what you ask he probably just won't tell you.

Check wrist computer for list of strategy and simulation games.
On your wrist pad? You know the resolution on that thing is terrible right? It would be like trying to play Command and Conquer on a calculator watch.

A. Fire the following at VR Sods/generic VR people:

1. Laser Rifle
2. Gauss Rifle
3. Crystalline Projector
4. Sibilus Rifle
5. Cutting Laser
6. High Energy Projector
7. Piezoelectric Shard Launcher (original, not Testament)

B. Then do the above again, but with battlesuits. (Don't aim specifically for joints, I don't know about that weakness IC.)

1.Cuts a nice burning gash into them. Assuming a relatively slow sweep it would be six to eight inches deep.
2. Blows a fist size hole in the front and a softball sized hole out the back.
3. Causes a crystal to grow over whatever part it hit, burrowing into the flesh, slicing it apart. 
4.Like the gauss rifle, except it also explodes. So fist sized hole and then their torso pops.
5. A nice clean bisection.
6. They're just gone. Not there anymore.
7. Embeds a crystal spike straight through the person which then explodes and fills them with electrified broken glass shrapnel.

b.
1.Not much
2.Not much
3.Burrows slightly, but better at restraining then dealing real damage. Unless you catch a joint, then it can wrench it right off.
4. One shot? Not much.
5.Suit is very resistant to lasers, so even the cutting laser doesn't do much more then heat a glowing line across the armor. Assuming a swipe, not a concentrated beam over a good period.
6. Heats it red hot and throws it 20 feet backwards. Might shatter a layer of armor if the armor is already damaged.
7. Has good penetration but not so much that it would be really dangerous unless you got very lucky.

At the armoury:
Buy hand laser (1 token), and ask the vendor
"Hey, is there something i can do to make this coat work against lasers?".
If that's what the "ablative armour plating" option for the longcoat is, buy it for 2 tokens.

I'm gonna look silly here but where are you getting this "Ablative armor" option from?

It's on the wiki as an option, but it doesn't say what it does.
All i found mentioning it was this post:

((Damn. I really thought I had designed something good there. Oh well, I'll find something else to e-mail to Simus.))

Create 5 civic defender's longcoats.
One is normal, one has the ablative anti-laser paint, one has solid sand scales, one has a coating of sand and one has scales made of that energy absorbent material from the anomalous planetoid mission (if it is available on VR).

Test the 5 against lasers and gauss rifles. Which one's the most effective? Any problems (too heavy, etc.)?

Civic defender's longcoat is 3 tokens. Civic defender's longcoat with ablative anti-laser paint is 5 tokens. Are the other modified longcoats as cheap?

A coating of living sand is gonna do grrrrrrrreat against lasers.

And that hexagonal stuff from the planetoid is gonna be best against the gauss

The sand grows when exposed to the light, so that might cause problems in the long run.
The hex stuff is pretty heavy, though not stupidly so. Just enough that it might effect normal people.

Oh, you could shrink the legs, move the sensors to the chest, and it could get to 8 feet or so.

That does seem to say that it's anti-laser paint which is basically what i was gonna try to ask for.

… come to think of it, would an Invisibility Cloak protect from lasers?
Ah the living sand treatment. That has some side effects. Though nothing terrible. We'll go with the price I quoted there, if you want it.

And no. I know what you're going for there, bending light and all, but no.

Jack Catar heads to the armory once everything dies down.
"The Mk III suit is beneficial to robots as well as humans right?  If so I would like to purchase one."
Probably purchase a Mk III.
It's beneficial in that it lets you fly and gives you an exoskeleton to enhance your strength. But the other parts of it, the medical suite and such, are kinda useless.

Send an email to both the DOC and AM. Ask them if either of them has a weapon/synthflesh upgrade/whatever that uses EXO and isn't an amp.

Also ask AM if there is a bulk discount on installing multiple kinetic amps in synthflesh bodies at once

There's the Sandbag.

Maybe...how many you have in mind?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26079 on: October 04, 2014, 11:42:22 am »

Kyle looks over it before nodding appreciatively.
"This may be some horrible mind rapey bit of kit but it looks kind of cool."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26080 on: October 04, 2014, 12:19:03 pm »

@yobbo: I made a mistake. That's the ablative armour Milno got, which isn't for lasers: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3193447#msg3193447
I just thought it meant this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ablative_armor#Mobile_Suit_Gundam

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26081 on: October 04, 2014, 01:00:37 pm »

((Yeah, ablative and laminated armor from Gundam-verses is rather different from RL things of the same name.

However, Gundam-style Anti-Beam Coating is actually on my list of things to develop on Heph. Basically a covering of a polymer-crystalline compound that, when suddenly heated, evaporates into a rapidly expanding cloud of prismatic crystals that serves to massively diffuse the incoming laser beam, at least the first time it's struck. It's mostly for ship use, however.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26082 on: October 04, 2014, 03:03:25 pm »

Use the VR machines then.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26083 on: October 04, 2014, 04:20:58 pm »

Xan begins his rather lengthy conversation with the Doctor.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26084 on: October 05, 2014, 10:25:49 pm »

A. Okay, now test the following against squishy VR people:
1. Plasma Projector
2. Gauss Cannon (non-nuclear rounds)
3. (if available) the chem-thrower (both ammo types)
4. (if available) the Testament
5. (if available) the Spektr (For both the Spektr and Raduga, refer to Sean's quote below. Also, give VR self the stats to use these.)
6. (if available) the Raduga rifle

B. And again with the battlesuits.

((Spektr and Raduga, if available, have five distinct firing modes each, although only three would actually have significantly different results, plus of course each is capable of an overcharge shot. I understand you might want to have results for all of them, so this is mostly a reminder, for yours and PW's benefit.

Microwave, regular laser, and X-Ray, with and without overcharge. Might want to specify that in the post.
Details are in the wiki.))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:33:50 am by swordsmith04 »
Pages: 1 ... 1737 1738 [1739] 1740 1741 ... 2101