_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5726233 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: The Missions Restarteth
« Reply #26115 on: October 11, 2014, 02:24:55 pm »

Request Steve create the shell of another VR program (-2 to Aux, not doing it myself even without rolls), similar to Duel in its ability to simulate combat, weapons, personalities, and such, but different in the following ways:

• Upon loading the program, a slightly modified VR Hasala wearing a generic military uniform (similar to the utilitarian one Pancaek used) is spawned for the user(s) to interact with. This Hasala is modified in that he doesn't start snarking if he's asked dumb or repeated questions and has a bit more patience, and his knowledge of the Paracelsus' Sword and Steve is limited to the PR version of ARM. Oh, and VR Hasala doesn't recommend executing unimportant UWM prisoners on the spot. Because Miyamoto and crew seem like the type to frown on that.
  • In addition to custom scenarios and such accessed by request through VR Hasala, there's a holographic-like menu floating next to him, with a list of scenarios, lessons, etc. Some of these will be basic Duel scenarios where they're dropped into a battle against UWM Sods, etc. and may or may not have an objective to accomplish. Sort of like a FPS or one of our combat-oriented missions. I'll define some of these later, but the scenarios are mostly fluff and for the insurgents to practice on. The lessons are what I'll be making in the next few turns. Some of them will be interactive, some will be just videos.

Include an easter egg where, if VR Hasala is shot by the user(s), the setting fades to black and a loud booming voice declares, "FRIENDLY FIRE IS UNACCEPTABLE" or similar, then sends the user(s) back to the "title screen", but this time VR Hasala is wearing milnoplate-style armor and is frowning at them. :P
Selecting a lesson/video/scenario/etc. from the list will cause VR Hasala to explain what the selection is about/for, and that tapping the selection again will start that scenario. User(s) can quit a scenario at any time, though if they do so right before failing an objective or such, VR Hasala will frown at them again.
If a user asks a question that would be better answered by one of the available scenarios, have the program highlight it on the list and VR Hasala tell them it should help answer their question. Ask them to confirm they want to enter that scenario, though; some people might just want VR Hasala's exposition.[/b]

Call the program "ARMISTICE" (ARM Insurgent Special Training Instructional Course Executable), save what I've got so far, and ask Steve what he thinks. Also ask about the availability of VR machines.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26116 on: October 11, 2014, 02:31:15 pm »

Ok. This part is important.

1.How are you attached to the ship? Free floating with a tether or standing on the ship surface somehow?
2. How far away is the target debris?

1. Standing on the surface, but tethered to the ship with super-duper-space-industrial-strength-rope or something like that. Standing on the surface either with  magboots or by using my mass amp to make a little bit of gravity or something.
2. Target debris is approx 300m away.

Now here comes the fun part. The part that could, depending on the roll, be very interesting indeed.

I'll show it to you this time.
[Con:6]

You take aim and fire. The gun pulses a single bright red laser pulse, like a laser pointer, that paints a small red dot on the target debris. Then the light turns off, the gun makes a frightening screeching noise and then you, and about a 4 inch deep divot of hull is gone. You reappear an instant later, the bottom of the severed chunk of hull pressed up against the target debris. Unfortunately you seem to have a bit of kinetic energy so you immediately knock into the debris and go sailing off the chunk of hall, spiraling out into open space.

Alright, finish action this turn.
You put the cloak on. Nothing happens. Huh.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26117 on: October 11, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

Kyle inspects himself before shrugging and going to watch TV in the Rec room.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:01:17 am by kj1225 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26118 on: October 11, 2014, 03:26:02 pm »

"Well, that's a thing. Space is nice though, everythings quiet."
"Yeah, good job blasting us into space, dipshit."
"Of course, I'll never know silence for as long as you're here."
"Yeah well, you're stuck with me bud."
"We'll see."

Use mass amp to stop myself from spiraling into space and get myself safely back to the sword. While I'm En route back to the ship, send  message to AM and DOC asking for the following:

-Price if inbuild kin amps when buying 2 or 4 at the same time
-If it's possible to get a changeling mask on a synthflesh body that could also make it look like real flesh, and how much that would cost.
-the price of shadow walker cloak and shade cloak
-Price and availability of other stealth/camouflage options

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26119 on: October 11, 2014, 05:42:50 pm »

Ask the Armoury Master: "So how much for a gauss rifle with a good medium to long range scope? Can i just put a scope onto the standard rifle or does it have to be custom? I mean like is the standard rifle accurate enough to be fine with just adding a scope?"

EDIT: oh, like Paris points out there apparently are sniper conversion kits for 3ish-maybe tokens… it says the price is uncertain. But it looks like that was modified-barrel + legs + smart-scope. So maybe less comprehensive version might be cheaper? (only have 4 spare tokens unless i borrow some, but that does look like pretty much like what i'm after, hmm)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:48:20 pm by yobbo »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26121 on: October 11, 2014, 08:57:03 pm »

((@Pancaek.
I tried pawning a changeling mask off on miyamoto to deal with, if he hasnt sold it or anything you could probably abscond with it rather easily.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26122 on: October 12, 2014, 03:51:05 am »

((@Pancaek.
I tried pawning a changeling mask off on miyamoto to deal with, if he hasnt sold it or anything you could probably abscond with it rather easily.))
((Oh yeah, that's right, gonna have to go add that to the pools page. I think it's an item that has to be implanted though, so I'll have to see how to go about 'distributing' it.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26123 on: October 14, 2014, 01:04:53 pm »

Kyle inspects himself before shrugging and going to watch TV in the Rec room.
You look the same. Well, except for the cloak you're wearing.

Tv eh?
You find a rather odd broadcast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziiXhX8dmcc

"Well, that's a thing. Space is nice though, everythings quiet."
"Yeah, good job blasting us into space, dipshit."
"Of course, I'll never know silence for as long as you're here."
"Yeah well, you're stuck with me bud."
"We'll see."

Use mass amp to stop myself from spiraling into space and get myself safely back to the sword. While I'm En route back to the ship, send  message to AM and DOC asking for the following:

-Price if inbuild kin amps when buying 2 or 4 at the same time
-If it's possible to get a changeling mask on a synthflesh body that could also make it look like real flesh, and how much that would cost.
-the price of shadow walker cloak and shade cloak
-Price and availability of other stealth/camouflage options

You space magic your way back to the ship.

-Ah four we'll give you a 25% discount.
-Not without tearing your face off and replacing it with some sort of non-synthflesh flesh.Synthblood would destroy the mechanisms.
-I feel like I quoted that before...Fairly pricey. How much ya got?

Ask the Armoury Master: "So how much for a gauss rifle with a good medium to long range scope? Can i just put a scope onto the standard rifle or does it have to be custom? I mean like is the standard rifle accurate enough to be fine with just adding a scope?"

EDIT: oh, like Paris points out there apparently are sniper conversion kits for 3ish-maybe tokens… it says the price is uncertain. But it looks like that was modified-barrel + legs + smart-scope. So maybe less comprehensive version might be cheaper? (only have 4 spare tokens unless i borrow some, but that does look like pretty much like what i'm after, hmm)
We can give you the conversion kit for 4.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26124 on: October 14, 2014, 01:10:44 pm »

On shadow walker cloaks and other stealth
-Not without tearing your face off and replacing it with some sort of non-synthflesh flesh.Synthblood would destroy the mechanisms.

((Ive only been able to find quotes from you briefly explaining the shade and shadow walker cloaks, but never any actual numbers. I currently have 6 tokens, but I can possibly get back up to 11. More expensive stuff would also be good to know, cause I can always save up a bit.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #26125 on: October 14, 2014, 03:51:49 pm »

((http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg4649069#msg4649069
There's this spray. See spinal_taper's part. Doesn't make you invisible but it's close enough.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26126 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »

-snip-
((Yeah, I saw it in the armoury on the wiki. The only problem with it is that you can't turn it on or off. If I were to ever go on a stealth mission with the Black ops team again, I don't think being space invisible man is going to be very low key. Also, I'm going to try and go for some the expensive stuff from the get-go, because I don't trust the cheap alternatives too much. I could just go for the synthflesh skin that goes invisible, but I'd like to see what alternatives we have first. Also I like the idea of Pan actually wearing clothes, instead of walking 'naked' into battle. Call me weird.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26127 on: October 16, 2014, 05:22:52 am »

including gun? if so i think this is the shopping list:
* hand-laser (1 token)
* living-sand-coating for longcoat (2 token?)
* sniper rifle (4 token?)
total cost: all Yttra's tokens

otherwise… uhh, i guess that's still the shopping list.

BTW what should i do with this stuff from mission 14 (riot shield, nightstick, artifact containers and a couple grenades)? Was that supposed to get handed in somewhere?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26128 on: October 16, 2014, 06:35:43 pm »

((Aaaand im back from my "holiday."))

Awaken from fugue state. Punch people as necessary to make steve happy.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26129 on: October 17, 2014, 12:11:11 pm »

On shadow walker cloaks and other stealth

((Ive only been able to find quotes from you briefly explaining the shade and shadow walker cloaks, but never any actual numbers. I currently have 6 tokens, but I can possibly get back up to 11. More expensive stuff would also be good to know, cause I can always save up a bit.))
changling cloak, the one that changes to clothing, could go for 5-6. The shade one is gonna be more since it's more versatile.

including gun? if so i think this is the shopping list:
* hand-laser (1 token)
* living-sand-coating for longcoat (2 token?)
* sniper rifle (4 token?)
total cost: all Yttra's tokens

otherwise… uhh, i guess that's still the shopping list.

BTW what should i do with this stuff from mission 14 (riot shield, nightstick, artifact containers and a couple grenades)? Was that supposed to get handed in somewhere?
We'll trade you that mission 14 stuff and your tokens for that shopping list of yours.  Update it to the wiki.

((Aaaand im back from my "holiday."))

Awaken from fugue state. Punch people as necessary to make steve happy.
Haven't had the need to punch anyone, sadly. You could just do it for fun, though.

Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 2101