_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1759 1760 [1761] 1762 1763 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686996 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26400 on: November 12, 2014, 09:28:57 pm »

"No idea, but my guess is no."

"Its my understanding that some sort of space magic has been used to steal all the doors... so... aliens?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26401 on: November 13, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

Flee wordlessly from everything: top priority fleeing is away from ye bastard space magic glows. Then away from horrifying assailant, then from that spider thing.

If all goes well (as can be expected), look for clothes.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26402 on: November 14, 2014, 11:53:05 pm »

Go into overwatch. If anything starts acting spooky, other than in a way be being naked, scope up and watch it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26403 on: November 17, 2014, 06:01:46 pm »

Run. Use rockets as well until safely away. grab nearest person if possible as well.
"I take it your some kind of god?"
Kyle says looking at the sheep.
Jack grabs Ronald in a bear hug, flashes a gang sign, Yells "PEACE!" and activates his rockets. He activates his rockets and heads southward, toward where the armory should be. He manages to pull off the first hard right turn, screams down the hall, past where the infirmary should be, and then, despite his best attempts to break, slams into the big reenforced doors of the R&D lab. 

Jack survives the high speed encounter with architecture with only a broken arm and concussion to show for it. All and all, not bad. Ronald, thanks to his low roll will now be eatting through a tube. That is to say that he is alive but pretty well pulped, with both legs broken, shoulder dislocated, jaw fractured, left eye ruptured, a moderate degree of internal bleeding and numerous other, more minor soft tissue injuries. But he's not on fire, which is a good thing. Medic?

See what words the ooze forms.
You get through about half of the first word before a screaming fireball slams into the door with a sound not unlike a sack of raw meat being thrown into a wall. The writing is immediately obscured in a burst of blood and exhaust fumes, the mixture of which makes you gag. When you finally turn back around, hand covering your mouth and nose, you see Jack struggling up, unsteadily, onto his feet, while whoever he was carrying just sort of lays there gurgling, their face a mask of hair and blood. Yesh.

"I take it your some kind of god?"
Kyle says looking at the sheep.

"No." The sheep replies, just as a screaming fireball roars down the hall about an inch from your ear and renders you completely deaf for the moment. Which wouldn't matter for sheeping, but the shockwave and heat that comes a moment later slams you face first into the ground and makes it hard to concentrate on polite conversation.

"Okay, yeah. This is weird. I'm fairly sure that I'm not just on the floor having spasms while tripping out anymore. Ah well, might as well embrace the weirdness."

Examine the images. if possible, move around to look at more/all of the images.
The images are odd. You walk around, looking at them, but they're all, at least in this section, similar. They look like...molecular diagrams almost, though not the kind you're used to. Each one is neatly sectioned off in a small alcove or indent, though the size of the alcove varies depending on the size of the structure within. The structure itself is more a statue then an engraving, because it doesn't seem to be attached to anything, just hovering in the alcove. The statue itself looks almost like a head of cauliflower, an uneven, lumpy mass made of partially overlapping white spheres. The spheres were of different sizes and the entire thing was sort of shaped like a kidney bean, a doubled over oblong.  Huh. The ones around it are similar, but not the same, and some are significantly larger. One, like a long corkscrew, spirals off into the distance in a alcove at least a mile long.

For a moment, you feel odd...warm...but then it passes. Hm.

(ah shit)

RUN! Towards a place that is not a wall or towards the overload!

(I don't want to die yet! D:)
You're not dead.

At least not permanently.  But you did only get about 10 feet down the hall, so you're pretty crispy. Not that you would know that. All you know is about 2 seconds of fear and then black.

Uh. Charge Endurance bonus? I doubt the briefing room is safe from what's about to happen.

If briefing room actually is safe from SM, have another look around at the briefing room. Look for this indirect response that may or may not exist.

You are in the midst of looking around when the briefing room doors bulge unhealthily and the entire room shakes. You fall over and land on one of the circular benches, but aside from a sore ass, you're fine.

EDIT: Omega continues to lie down in the barracks.
You're fine then, stop worrying.

Xan wastes no time on words. He's intimately familiar with overloads, after all.

RUN. Go for around a corner or in cover as far away from the blast as possible. Put as many walls as I can between the overload and me. Utilize my charged Will bonus to make my legs stronger and faster at running and the back of my head more armoured in heat-resistant material. If I can't alter myself to that extent while running, don't do the head. If I still can't alter myself while running, then don't do the legs and pad my brain in temperature-resistant insulation to an excessive degree once the overload starts to go.
Lets see...

You manage to make it around the corner near the infirmary and only suffer minor toastiness and a broken nose as the shock wave shoves you face first into the ground at full sprint.

((Ohhh damnit. Guess I'll go write up another one.))
Huh, not even gonna try and run eh? Bold.

Charge dynamic bonus for spess magic.

Throw pants at newbie.

Charging.

You roll up your pants and chuck them at the newbie. They thud into the back of his head and unfurl across his shoulders.

((Oh, apparently I'm right there.
Hmm))
RUN, RUN LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.

You make it ALMOST around the corner. The shockwave catches you a bit and lifts you into the air, hurling you at a diagonal into the hall with Xan and bouncing you off the far wall. It hurts and knocks the wind out of you but doesn't injure you.

Flee wordlessly from everything: top priority fleeing is away from ye bastard space magic glows. Then away from horrifying assailant, then from that spider thing.

If all goes well (as can be expected), look for clothes.

Ah, you're fine. And now you have pants!

Go into overwatch. If anything starts acting spooky, other than in a way be being naked, scope up and watch it.

Does a loud fiery explosion count? Or Screaming? Because there is certainly plenty of that outside the door.

And unfortunately no one was there to see Puffer die or what the boom looked like. Too bad. I will say that it left something neat though, so his death wasn't a complete waste.

May you be forever remembered by it Puffer!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26404 on: November 17, 2014, 06:07:56 pm »

Kyle lays on the ground for a few seconds gathering his wits. Which is difficult after hitting your head but still. After he's done with that he gets up and goes to check out the... thing.
"I'm terribly sorry mister/miss sheep. I must be checking on... whatever the fuck that was. I'd be happy to talk after that."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #26405 on: November 17, 2014, 06:10:11 pm »

"Well that was fun!
Oh, hey *Cough* there! you okay buddy? I might be a little buzzed, but your nose doesn't look too good."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26406 on: November 17, 2014, 06:14:21 pm »

Ahg fug. By noz.

XDan gets up shakily and looks around, seeing Dumbo's guy.

Yu arigh?

"Well that was fun!
Oh, hey *Cough* there! you okay buddy? I might be a little buzzed, but your nose doesn't look too good."

I'n goo', don worry. S'jus boken.

Turn away and pretend to put the nose back into place, healing it somewhat via bullshit Xan powers instead - enough so it still functions, but not back to pristine conditions - that'd be suspicious. Then cautiously go investigate the sight of the overload.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:36:15 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26407 on: November 17, 2014, 06:29:46 pm »

((So you're saying I could have run? Well FUCK me. Character up later))

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26408 on: November 17, 2014, 07:05:35 pm »

Omega stands up.  I have to see if all that noise was real or not. he thinks as he heads out the barracks.  When he turns to head down the hallway, he can't help but notice the mess by where the R&D should be.  When he gets there he finds one broken person, one damaged person, and one stunned person.  Deciding to ignore the two idiots who hurt themselves, Omega tries to get the attention of Judas Smythe.  "Do you know what all that noise was?  If not, where did these two medical cases come from?"
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26409 on: November 17, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »

Investigate source of commotion. Test the east briefing room door for heat (holding my hands near it, not touching it) before attempting to go through it. If the east doors don't open, go around through the hallway. Defend self if attacked.

They wouldn't... of course they would.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26410 on: November 17, 2014, 08:14:10 pm »

“...gasp...that was awesome...gurgle...what were we running from anyway?...haah...also, I think I broke my everything...”
Give a weak thumbs up, gurgle some words, go limp
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26411 on: November 18, 2014, 09:23:23 am »

"Well this is weird. Did someone turn the heater up?"

Take pictures of this with cameyes, or if not possible just try and remember the molecular structure diagrams. Then keep moving, looking out for anything that seems different/out of place and inspect.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26412 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:11 pm »

Sieze pro-offered clothes and wear.

Sorry about the, uh, panic. Suddenly waking up soaked and naked in the dark and being prodded by, uh, a scary thing is a little stressful.
Now, important things. Like, what in the TWELVE BLOODY DAWNS IS GOING ON?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26413 on: November 18, 2014, 12:27:14 pm »

"Note to self: Never go that fast again unless I have to or have a way of slowing down before I crash. Also, I appear to have broken my arm."

After checking self over, walk back to where I ran from.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26414 on: November 18, 2014, 02:13:27 pm »

"Eldritch gods stole our doors, predictable common sense cascade failure ensued.

I give you ten minutes before it maims you."

Find out who crashed, inflict medical droid upon them.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 1759 1760 [1761] 1762 1763 ... 2101