_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730091 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26505 on: December 01, 2014, 11:35:52 pm »

"Yay someone talking sense.
I want what i want, dont judge me."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26506 on: December 03, 2014, 03:18:08 am »

"Someone, please give him his teapot, before he starts going again."

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26507 on: December 05, 2014, 10:52:58 pm »

Looks really kool, wanna reserve a spot er something.

Name: Jonathon Sommer (SS13 character teehee)
Appearance: About 5' 5", rather short, stocky build, short red hair and Van Dyke mustache. Limps everywhere he goes, has a bionic right hand and right leg, as well as his left foot is pronated akwardly. His shoulder and back are distorted in an akward way.
Personal information: His previous profession was along the lines of Law Enforcement. He served as private Coporate Security on a few installations. He has weapons training, etc. Southern Accent, and his breath smells heavily of alcohol (Read: Drunkard). Can be stubborn and a real prick sometimes.
Reason assigned to HMRC: Excessive Force. beat a suspect in a back room, to try and get them to "spill the beans", was caught. He thought that being a hardass and getting to take some names was better than spending 15 years in prison. How badly he was mistaken.
Stats:

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 4
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 1
Intelligence: 2
Willpower: 3

Skills:
Intuition: 2 (+1)
Handiwork: 1 (-1)
Conventional Weapons: 2 (+1)

Profession: Mercenary

Moved from other thread
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26508 on: December 07, 2014, 10:56:13 pm »

Wow, this is real neat, read the wiki, holy shot those diagrams, this is a legit operation, kudos to you pw, I will never understand how you do this. Seriously, someone already gave me a wiki page wut?   :o

Look around, find the alcohol, find someone to yell at, be an asshole.

(I don't know how this thread works, if pw regulates it or such.)
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26509 on: December 07, 2014, 11:14:19 pm »

((You seem fairly normal to me for an ER member.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26510 on: December 07, 2014, 11:56:09 pm »

Wow, this is real neat, read the wiki, holy shot those diagrams, this is a legit operation, kudos to you pw, I will never understand how you do this. Seriously, someone already gave me a wiki page wut?   :o

(( Any further Q&A I'll move over to OOC

The Wiki is largely regulated by the players, actually. I think PW just has an account to troll us sometimes. We've got 3 or 4 of us that regularly update it daily, and at least one (I believe this is mostly on Sword right now) who manages the character sheets, including grabbing new ones as soon as they show up. If you'd like to help us out, feel free. In particular, if you're reading through the archives, we've got several old missions with poor summaries that could use some updating, and there's lots of good lore and flavor scattered around that has been forgotten to the whims of time.

This thread is basically on-ship tomfoolery. Usually, you'd just kind of spawn here immediately, but there is currently an event going on and someone collapsed the quantum state of the spawners, so you may not be able to join. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26511 on: December 11, 2014, 03:02:54 pm »

Try opening the medkit again. Then, should I open it, find burn cream to fix my patient. Keep an eye out for strange sheep.
You manage to get the medkit open! And by that I mean you spill the contents all over the ground and proceed to kick them around the room  as you attempt to pick them up.

(With the new system you would have gotten it open but not found the thing you were looking for immediately)

[/shadow]
"huh. well. Who dares wins, right?"

Boldly go meet whatever is below.
Missed me again?

Per your instructions, the action. I got big bold and red. Didn't quite manage on fire:
Boldly go meet whatever is below who'se attention I've got. Be polite.
As you descend towards the opening below, towards the ever expanding well of light, you begin to feel something. You've felt this sensation before, when you've over used or overloaded an amp. It's not the pain, so much as it's the sensation of your mind being spread thin, like a sheet of paper held taught with more and more weight being placed upon it. You feel exhausted, anxious, frustrated, terrified and fulfilled all at once. The well swallows you, and you shield your eyes against the light. After a moment, you look. At the center of this planet is a core; planetoid floating within. The planetoid is white, though there seems to be some sort of luminous reddish quality to it as well, but you can only perceive that when you're not looking directly at it. Clearly not natural; it's shape is...you can't say. It's like a Penrose triangle or a Blivet, the details of one area seem disconnected and impossible when compared to the next, undulating folds of white become luminous shadows as you trace them with your eyes, and the sheen off the planet's matter becomes matter if you blink. Everything about this thing painful to perceive; it hurts your eyes and your mind, it's like a paradox you can't stop thinking about, a impossible existence thats eating your brain like Escheresque syphilis.

"We noticed. Also, little help here? Kinda stuck. Also, I'm going kick the guy who threw that grenade. And one other question, why are you a squid?"

Talk with Dr Clark. Also see about getting help with getting freed from goop.
Great. What breached containment? What effects has it had and will it have on the ship? Can it be recontained?
Is that a suit or a robot body?

Point at the giant skull-headed violence-crazed mad robot man and shout to the scientists:
"He's being mindfucked by the aliens!"
"No one's killing anyone. Calm down, guys. Auron, why do you want to keep that thing so badly?"

To Dr. Clark (assuming I can speak normally without rolling Endurance, yet): "Can you explain what's going on, please? Breach of containment of what?
And how much do you know of what's been going on in here, so far?"

The robotic Squid calling itself Dr.Clark doesn't respond directly to anyone, in fact he might just be talking to himself or his crew; but he does keep talking.

"The object appears to have been some manner of pocket dimensional physical medium database. Scanning this planet or perhaps just the fused man's memory. This is either leakage or we are being constrained with its space. The subject's consciousness appears to be having an effect upon the system."

As he speaks, something glimmers down the hall. A section of wall between the melted hole and the corner leading to the barracks hall shimmers like oil on water and something passes through it as though the steel were liquid. It's a brain, a human brain, though pale white and trailing part of a nervous system like frayed treads off a piece of cloth. The science crew turns their attention to it, but the squid raises one tentacle.

"Hold." It says, mechanical voice a harsh metal whisper.

I never had the chance to put on any clothes, remember? Also, this is probably a bad idea but gonna try standing up. Then walking if standing up wasn't too hard.
You manage to get shakily to your knees at least. You don't hurt, but you feel very awkward. You look like a newborn horse; blood soaked and trying to get stable on unfamiliar limbs.

Yell death threats at dorsidwarf for trying to get me killed.

Protect the teapot at all costs.

Engage jump rockets if i need to escape suddenly, because the people behind me havent suffered enough.

They seem to be ignoring you so you bide your time.

See if the R and D department doors are still open.
They are.

Hey, other players, is anyone still in the barracks room? If not I can have this guy pop into existence.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26512 on: December 11, 2014, 03:07:46 pm »

Oh for the love of.... where the heck is the burn cream?! I need to apply that.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26513 on: December 11, 2014, 03:10:51 pm »

“Woah, what up with my limbs? Odd. Well whatever. Oh, wasn't this door closed earlier?”
Wander into R&D. Poke at whatever looks most interesting.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #26514 on: December 11, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

Hey, other players, is anyone still in the barracks room? If not I can have this guy pop into existence.

((The only person in the Barracks right now is Omeganaut's character, who is asleep on one of the bunks.))

Do nothing. Have the side effects from pushing my amp settled down, yet?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26515 on: December 11, 2014, 05:32:26 pm »

Xan freezes absolutely still, fervently wishing he still had his own eldritch death machines in his brain.

Keep still and quiet, but mentally prepare myself for escape if necessary (charge dex bonus).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26516 on: December 11, 2014, 07:56:45 pm »

Stay outside of the doors, but see what I can see from the doorway.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:18:22 am by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26517 on: December 12, 2014, 06:55:57 am »

"Hoo boy, I've felt like this before. Though this time there's significantly more cosmic horror and less face-to-the-ground. Ahem. Greetings...uh...you there. Could you be so kind as to tell me your name, and perhaps what this place is? My name is Pancaek Nilys, for what it's worth."

Don't look directly at the planetoid thing, but try to keep him just at the corner of my vision and glace over from time to time.

Say above. If no response, think above. Try to see if it's sentient.

If both saying and thinking produce no results, attempt to touch the planetoid

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26518 on: December 12, 2014, 07:09:11 am »

set my lasers intensity all the way down and begin slowly burning away the containment foam around and behind me so i can escape. Try not to maim teammates too badly.

if successful in creating an escape route, use it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:44:19 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26519 on: December 12, 2014, 01:40:41 pm »

This looks cool if its aything like ss13 I will probably like it.

My character

Name:tom samson:
Appearance: a mean lookin green eyed fellow with a close shave and a moustache he has a massive tatoomon his right arm which has a red X over the the letters UWM
Personal information : a orphan who blames everything bad in Iife on the UWM and desprately wants revenge
Reson he was sent to the HMRC : attempting to murder a magistrate , Sabotage , murdeing a police officer .....
Stats:strength 15 dexerity 0 endurance 5 intelligence 0 willpower 0 charisma 0
Skills:conventional weapons 3 intuition 1 auxiliary system 1
Profession:mercenary (1+to intuition 1+to conventional weapons 1-to medical tech 1-to handicrafts)
Pages: 1 ... 1766 1767 [1768] 1769 1770 ... 2101