_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686179 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26580 on: December 23, 2014, 12:40:38 pm »

Nod to the scientist then return to position. Keep an eye on the hole as well.

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: And I heard, as it were the noise of thunder.
« Reply #26581 on: December 23, 2014, 02:47:08 pm »

"No time for painkillers? Guess I'll have to make do, damnit."

Stand up look if I have something for melting arms in a basic medkit. If I miraculously do so, help. If not attempt stabilize the body, Losing arms isn't something the human body is made to deal with after all.
Hai

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26582 on: December 26, 2014, 10:15:06 am »

I'd would like to join in on this, I have another nut to add to the crew..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We start with 3 tokens, right?

((In the case that I wake up from a cryo pod do what is below.))
Attempt to find the armory and see if anyone is in there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:10:09 pm by HavingPhun »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26583 on: December 26, 2014, 10:23:17 am »

Think it's 5 tokens, check the Wiki to be sure. The ship's a little crazy at the moment, but I think PW should get you in as soon as he can.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26584 on: December 26, 2014, 10:38:40 am »

Think it's 5 tokens, check the Wiki to be sure. The ship's a little crazy at the moment, but I think PW should get you in as soon as he can.
((Your right, 5 tokens and a MKI suit. Thank you.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26585 on: December 29, 2014, 07:27:25 am »

Investigate melted man for cash, liquor, tokens, small arms, etcetera. If none are found, have a look through the R&D door
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26586 on: January 02, 2015, 02:14:50 pm »

Pan sits upright, ignoring the fact that he's somewhat crispy completely. He sits cross legged and closes his eyes

Try to remember info on:

the following passage: "And there went out another horse that was red and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword."

This passage: "And I saw between the throne with the four living creatures and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne…"

What that giant pig on the TV was all about.

Who the "man" is and what machine he's fused with

Well...that part about the red horseman is pretty clearly about war. Perhaps he's trying to say something about the current conflict? Or a past one? It lacks context as it is.

That one is definitely about the Sheep; the thing that keeps haunting various people. Your memory here is...painful. You get the distinct feeling that this is violating causality in some way. He's warning people about the sheep but you also have the distinct feeling that he's somehow creating the sheep. Indirectly. Inspiring it maybe? It was inspired here, and then created later via some sort of cataclysmic event, which rippled back.

You're pretty sure it's some sort of representation of an internal image the fused man has. His mental image of someone or something, a representation of something, rather then a direct image.

The man is...you're getting fragments. It's like looking at a fractional montage of someone else's life, not edited for pertinence. You're mostly getting banal stuff, everyday activities from the entire span of his life. He was raised religious, you can tell that much, but doesn't seem to be anymore. He's a tech or assistant, trained via apprenticeship, working in the R&D department. It's larger then you would have expected, and very different. They seem far more advanced...you get the distinct feeling that they're...they're more then just a group of scientists. Their set up is special.

Xan twitches slightly.

If I could only control my gift you all would be educated to such a degree...

Scientist people! There's an anomaly happening over here!

Helpfully direct scientists over to melting arms man, then go run off and find someone not criminally stupid, or at least a veteran of doing so. Wasn't there some synthflesh guy in the rec room? Potcake or Pailbun or something? If he has a synthflesh body he must be at least mildly competent, go find him.
"Result of a Harstein field."One of the scientists says, looking over at you while keeping his rifle pointed at the hole, "Used to prevent spacial distortions from effecting the R&D section. Touching one of the rods causes the effect to leech into the matter. As long as the touch was momentary it should be survivable, but effected limbs will be spacially unstable. I advise immediate evacuation of effected individual, followed by  observation. Do not touch effected limbs until effect has stabilized."

Well, he's not in the rec room, he's in the hall, but yes, you go over and find Barrelmuffin sitting in the corner, concentrating hard on something.
search under around and over the bed then check for loose floorboards
Well lets see. In order:
Floor, lacking anything except perhaps some dust bunnies
Air, sheets, pillow, another bunk above it
Loose floor boards? Wrong kind of ship. Actually, I'm pretty sure it would be called "Deck boards" on a ship. Wrong structure, then. We're not flying a Victorian manor through space. Though...hmmm. Brb, Making Wuthering Heights Traveler module.

((Umm piecewise... tavik is still stuck in the goop, how can he kick me?))

check self for abnormal effects, also prepare dynamic lasering bonus..
He kicked his shoe over to  you. And it grew tiny feet and then kicked you.

You feel fine. Well, you're missing a leg but the suit is pumping you with enough drugs that it's hard to feel anything but fine. Also it's hard to dynamically laser when he's got all your limbs pinned. Wait a minute...you've seen this movie! Yeah...it's a japanese one. Damn, shouldn't have worn that schoolgirl uniform over the rest of your suit. Not only did it clash with the alien bones, but it attracted amorous tentacles.

“Yaknow, this reminds me of the time I tried xenospit... Of course! HEY GUYS! I found some wierd rods that seem to inject xenospit directly into your body or something! You should try it out!”
wave my arms wildly
You wave your arms, now not much more then semi-muscled bone, around like crazy. As they move they seem to split into multiple images of themselves, all a different color. The first image, the one that seems to correspond with where your arms actually should be is a bright red, and the images which trail after it follow the spectrum down through orange all the way to violet. When you stop moving them these images pool back together into a single, more normal looking limb, though the edges of it are still an odd, dull kaleidoscope of color.

"WOOOOOOAAAAAH, DUDEEEEEE! THIS IS AWESOME!"

Proceed in the direction of the burning dude. Try to find a map of the ship and find the Bar.
Arm melting man appears to have become some sort of Rave limbed zombie. Probably should stay away from that. As per a map, there are lines on the ground leading to various places, but none of them are for a bar. Which is too bad because your need for a drink is increasing rapidly.

Nod to the scientist then return to position. Keep an eye on the hole as well.

I applaud your dedication to pragmatic, mundane actions in the face of overwhelming confusion.

"No time for painkillers? Guess I'll have to make do, damnit."

Stand up look if I have something for melting arms in a basic medkit. If I miraculously do so, help. If not attempt stabilize the body, Losing arms isn't something the human body is made to deal with after all.
You run over to help, figuring that, if nothing else, compression bandages and wads of gauze in the stumps will be better then nothing. But the guy seems to be....well he is goddamn ecstatic about his situation. He won't stop wiggling about and he doesn't seem to be bleeding. Also, you're pretty sure limbs aren't supposed to look like the rainbow nightmares he's got, so you're a bit nervous to just jam your hand into that mess. You think they might be channeling dubstep.

((In the case that I wake up from a cryo pod do what is below.))
Attempt to find the armory and see if anyone is in there.
YOU MAY WANT TO READ BACK A BIT BEFORE REJOINING, THINGS ARE A BIT ODD RIGHT NOW.

Investigate melted man for cash, liquor, tokens, small arms, etcetera. If none are found, have a look through the R&D door
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26587 on: January 02, 2015, 02:30:44 pm »

“Oooo so pretty... This must be like pure happiness...”
Stand still for a minute to marvel
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #26588 on: January 02, 2015, 05:07:44 pm »

Xan waits until Spongepan snaps out of his current fugue. If that's taking a while, he just goes up and starts talking.

What's with you?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26589 on: January 02, 2015, 05:09:20 pm »

Keep standing around,

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26590 on: January 02, 2015, 05:58:41 pm »

I thought melted arms guy was literally melted.

Investigate past the big R&D doors. Dodge weapon fire from trigger happy guards.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26591 on: January 02, 2015, 07:59:40 pm »

Remove the barricade the hesitantly look out the door for danger if I see none carefully head back towards the barracks

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26592 on: January 03, 2015, 12:11:08 am »

((But i dont use my arms for lasering? Auxilary hardpoint.))

"Nope no abnormal effects on what remains of my body. Can i go back to not being a guinea pig now?"
If squidward tries putting me back in the hole: Fires lasers at squidwards tentacles and engage jump rockets to throw him off balance and escape.

If not put back in the hole: bide time and glare at tavik.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

solarlight

• Bay Watcher
  • Arrow from the forest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26593 on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:53 am »

Stay away from the dubstep guy. Go away from possible danger and wait for someone to heal.

"These happenings are fascinating, better keep my distance."

More writing down of events!
Hai

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #26594 on: January 03, 2015, 11:27:54 am »

Kyle goes to heal someone who need it.
Pages: 1 ... 1771 1772 [1773] 1774 1775 ... 2101