_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686323 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #27600 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:33 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
Quote from: Parisbre56
Remember how when I fire the more powerful modes of the rainbow cannon like blue lightning or red plasma I drain the suit's reserves and have to wait for it to restart? I want something like a secondary battery or capacitor or generator that would let me walk around after firing the red plasma or let me fire blue lightning while retaining mobility for about a minute.
Just walk around? No secondary firing or anything fancy? Because that would be cheap and relatively small.
Well, ideally I want it to also be able to boost the Rainbow Cannon's available power to allow me to fire a second shot (or a super-powered ultimate-attack-style shot, depending on circumstances) and allow me to recharge my industrial mining laser's battery in its spare time. But if I can't get that at a reasonable price I'd prefer just being able to move around after firing.
You could buy it, but it would be large and expensive.
I've got tokens to spare. How large and expensive are we talking about? Would I still be able to fly?

If the other team ends up being the one near the node, would getting there quickly with the ARSC work?

Does Steve have any data about what the Haebi do (or are likely to do) about inanimate objects just sitting there? I mean, if we left a box on the planet's surface, would they do something about it? Ignore it? Try to destroy it? Try to eat it?

And get as many drums of HRMC standard as I can carry, because someone said I might not have sufficient booze to get the planet drunk.
Also get a lot of flour or a similar substance, so I can bake them some pies and throw them on their faces.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27601 on: April 09, 2015, 08:10:33 pm »

With my lower body obscured by some large object in the hangar, lick a finger and slowly turn a page.
Be sure to make plenty of uncomfortable eye contact with the team being briefed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27602 on: April 09, 2015, 09:07:54 pm »

Head to the Mess Hall, and acquire some "Dessert 3" from the food dispenser. Place it on a table, stand way back, and attempt to slowly raise the temperature to near-boiling using the manipulator.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27603 on: April 09, 2015, 09:35:20 pm »

squish and mold that damn fleshhorror back into the shape of a normal human.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:35:59 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27604 on: April 09, 2015, 11:16:41 pm »

Head to the armory, and ask the AM if it would be possible to modify the jump pack to better allow horizontal boosting, and how much it would cost.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27605 on: April 09, 2015, 11:32:28 pm »

squish and mold that damn fleshhorror back into the shape of a normal human.
I'm trying to get away from people! I don't want a "-9" after my name!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27606 on: April 09, 2015, 11:35:47 pm »

Fine leave the fleshhorror alone.

Go to the armoury and fill my gun with gasoline. Get an extra jerrycan in case I need to reload.
Also get a tank of compressed air so I can run the generator in space.

Yes, when I pointed the laser at Taddok it wasn't actually loaded.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:48:06 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27607 on: April 10, 2015, 12:42:12 am »

Now that the exit is clear, and considering that the mission leaves soon, I leave the Rec Room and go to the Armory, messaging the AM:
Quote from: Lyra to AM
May I trade my MK1 for a MCP-1, with your help to make it fit me properly?
Ask AM about zero-cost Suit Trade and for her help making it fit me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: [WIKI]
« Reply #27608 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:38 am »

Quote from: piecewise link=topic=108083.msg6154184#msg6154184date=1428607632
Sigh, understand that no one is coming, and go to armory.
"Ahem...Hello. I would like to ask, can I... I mean, can you modify Gungnir kit to be used with Спектр, like... for additional cost maybe, messer Armory Master?"
((I'm asking if can pay AM to make Gungnir with Spektr instead of laser rifle))
Does that change the price?

[wiki] regardless.

There's nothing to [wiki]. That was just a question if Spectr can be used instead of laser rifle to make Gungnir. Pricewise [wiki] believes that cost increases only if person in question doesn't have a laser weapon of his own.
Well that conversion just turns the thing into an electrolaser via sticking a spark gap at the end right? Well, ask Sean if that would even work. He made both of them if memory serves. If it would work, they yes, we'll do that.
A Spektr is an entirely different laser rifle, so the kit would need some modification. There's nothing mechanically preventing it from working, but fluff-wise it's only made for the regular laser rifle. You could still buy the kit plus saber for 6 token as usual, but I'm afraid as-is it might need handiwork to apply to a Spektr.
I think he's not against it.
Buy Spektr and TSaber regardless.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:20:16 am by Illgeo »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship: [WIKI]
« Reply #27609 on: April 10, 2015, 01:32:58 am »

Take a moment to make sure I am familiar with the controls inside Gilgamesh. Close the front of the suit, then walk it over to the Hangar. Once inside,  take it for a lap around  pushing it to the limits of my Shroud - given competence. Don't push it to do any more than I feel competent enough to manage. Wave to Miya as I pass by in Gilgamesh. If at any point my competence starts to disappear, stop, get out of Gilgamesh, and go get Flint.
Reposting.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27610 on: April 10, 2015, 03:45:42 am »

Hearing General Miyamoto's call, Maurice responded without delay.
Yes, General? How may I serve you?

Try to persuade Nyars into changing his wares. Doesn't he see that 80% of his current stock is already bought and the troopers preparing for the mission are willing to shell out the tokens?
(Yes, a Cha roll with +0 in it.)

"Well, you know how Steve recently gave us EKG monitors for these brains? I just tried out mu manip for the first time with it, could you take a loo, at the monitor, and tell me how far these squiggly lines here can go before it becomes dangerous?"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27611 on: April 10, 2015, 05:28:44 am »

Sure. It would provide useful experience, if nothing else.

Take a look at the provided EKG data. How far can the brain-pilot be pushed yet, how much of its mindpoints are spent/left, what does each line mean, etc.?

Try to persuade Nyars into changing his wares. Doesn't he see that 80% of his current stock is already bought and the troopers preparing for the mission are willing to shell out the tokens?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27612 on: April 10, 2015, 06:15:29 am »

exit VR and go watch TV.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27613 on: April 10, 2015, 11:35:19 am »

If the mission is about to start, then don't.

As long as the doctors can successfully revive me and I can still go on mission, go for it. Ask the doctors to see if I change at all, please.

there are 500+ Choices in there, I'm not sure the one you pick won't kill you. So lets not, for now.

Go find an empty room so that me trying repeatedly to correct my form will not kill, maim, injure, absorb, digest, or otherwise impact anyone else. Try to find one of those little "Do Not Disturb" doorknob hangars like they use in hotels.
You roll down the hallway like the worst fucking pac-man reboot imaginable.

We'll say you head to the barracks since I don't think anyone is in there right now.
The green and blue lines move in sync.
Your test creates more namite then you wanted, but is successful. The blue and green lines begin deflecting up and down more radically, between 10 and negative 10. They stay this way for a while.

Send it to the AM/Doc/whoever, ask how stressed this would be and how far one should be able to safely push it (aka to what point).

Oh, and collect that namite into the tank.

>Sharp things. Knives, axes, those sort of things.
Kay then. Can the fund buy a whole bunch or decent cutting implements for a token or so?

((By the way pw, any date by which you'd like us to get going? I'd personally like to do my briefing tomorrow, and drop next Monday or Tuesday or so. Would that work?))

((If anyone wants to request a prototype or something else from the team fund, deadline is tomorrow.))

"Maurice, I have a quick question for you, if you have a moment."
You should ask a player to look at it. I want there to be a roll involved.

We can get you a bunch of standard axes if you want.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Hangar --> infirmary

Try again hover crafting with manhole cover.
Regardless of the result restore pimp cane into its original form. Go into infirmary and demand they fix my missing fornt teeths and possible injuries caused by earlier experimentation. If I'm going to die on the mission I might as well look good!

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You manage to get the thing to work as a hover craft, though awkwardly. It's like balancing on a manhole cover that been placed on the top of a flag pole; it's all wobbling and almost falling off.

You get your teeth fixed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(..I laughed way too hard at that xD)
Zayne lays on the ground with his broken arm, attempting to dream of him beeting Billy in ping pong.
YOU ROLLED 1 AGAIN! With a -1 in mind as well.

You dream about a sheep. It has 7 horns and 7 eyes. It's just sort of floating above you in a black void, staring at you.

"It's beginning again."

Milno enters the rec room - newly-made whip in hand - to get some more food to replace the one he had stored and ate, but midway he's graced with the scene of two newbies nearly committing suicide via ping-pong. Not that he's used to the sport, but he's fairly sure it isn't played like they do. "Good to see our little army hasn't changed any." he says as he heads towards the food dispensers and gets some more edible material.

Now, he has a lot to do. A mountain's worth of work to be done, actually, but since there's no one close to the armory and the only thing that had been previously keeping him away was the possibility of hindering the AM's work... He goes there, though also having a good excuse to do so.

To the Armory, talk to the AM/ask her stuff as below. Also ask if she can provide a few free carbon blocks like some pounds of scrap metal were given to Jim.

"Hey there." he greets the Armory Master after glancing around to make sure people aren't going to suddenly swarm the booth searching for nuclear-powered nailguns. "What happened around here while I was away? Something fun, I take it."
She shrugs. "The brain of some religious nut job got merged with an artifact and it ate half the ship. I hate to say it, but it really wasn't that different from the norm around here. "

Spill some sand on the floor of the briefing room and practice using the MFM by creating a long glass sickle with an ankh-shaped handle.  Then, check the EEG.
You have a 3 token brain correct? Anyone who had a manip from before is considered to have the cheapest brain unless they specially buy one.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TO THE INFIRMARY AND SEE IF THEY CAN STILL WORK (DONT JACK OFF)
(Fine, I won't~)

You waddle to the infirmary where they give you a painkiller and some ice for the swelling. They say you'll be fine.
Yancy wanders into the rec room, and spying the guy knocked out on the floor drags him to the infirmary. "Geez, what happened to him, barfight gone wrong?"
The guy on the ground is mumbling something about sheep and his hair is standing on end, filled with static electricity. You drag him to the infirmary regardless and huck him into a bed. The nurses thank you and then get to work on the knocked out man.

take my salubrious border artifacts to an expert for appraisal.

Who, specifically?

Remember how when I fire the more powerful modes of the rainbow cannon like blue lightning or red plasma I drain the suit's reserves and have to wait for it to restart? I want something like a secondary battery or capacitor or generator that would let me walk around after firing the red plasma or let me fire blue lightning while retaining mobility for about a minute.
Just walk around? No secondary firing or anything fancy? Because that would be cheap and relatively small.
Well, ideally I want it to also be able to boost the Rainbow Cannon's available power to allow me to fire a second shot (or a super-powered ultimate-attack-style shot, depending on circumstances) and allow me to recharge my industrial mining laser's battery in its spare time. But if I can't get that at a reasonable price I'd prefer just being able to move around after firing.
You could buy it, but it would be large and expensive.
I've got tokens to spare. How large and expensive are we talking about? Would I still be able to fly?

If the other team ends up being the one near the node, would getting there quickly with the ARSC work?

Does Steve have any data about what the Haebi do (or are likely to do) about inanimate objects just sitting there? I mean, if we left a box on the planet's surface, would they do something about it? Ignore it? Try to destroy it? Try to eat it?

And get as many drums of HRMC standard as I can carry, because someone said I might not have sufficient booze to get the planet drunk.
Also get a lot of flour or a similar substance, so I can bake them some pies and throw them on their faces.

10 tokens, and big enough that you couldn't have anything else on your back

No, the teams are actually the equivalent of a continent apart.

If it didn't cause them problems and just sat there? Probably ignore it and eventually grow over it just like the rest of the surface of the planet.

Well, assuming oil barrel sized tanks, you could probably carry 4-5 if you strap them to your back.

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not.

With my lower body obscured by some large object in the hangar, lick a finger and slowly turn a page.
Be sure to make plenty of uncomfortable eye contact with the team being briefed.

You stare directly At the team while licking your finger in an exaggerated fashion and then turning the page with a flourish.

Head to the Mess Hall, and acquire some "Dessert 3" from the food dispenser. Place it on a table, stand way back, and attempt to slowly raise the temperature to near-boiling using the manipulator.
All these people using manips is begging for a bad roll.
Also, did you buy a brain for that manip?

Head to the armory, and ask the AM if it would be possible to modify the jump pack to better allow horizontal boosting, and how much it would cost.
"Eh. Horizontal boosting when your rockets are positioned on your back like that is difficult. You've got a tendency to cartwheel forward because of the weight distribution. Modifying it for fast movement would probably cost enough that you'd be better off just with an MKIII"

Fine leave the fleshhorror alone.

Go to the armoury and fill my gun with gasoline. Get an extra jerrycan in case I need to reload.
Also get a tank of compressed air so I can run the generator in space.

Yes, when I pointed the laser at Taddok it wasn't actually loaded.
[wiki]
Now that the exit is clear, and considering that the mission leaves soon, I leave the Rec Room and go to the Armory, messaging the AM:
Quote from: Lyra to AM
May I trade my MK1 for a MCP-1, with your help to make it fit me properly?
Ask AM about zero-cost Suit Trade and for her help making it fit me.
Consider it done. [wiki] etc
Quote from: piecewise link=topic=108083.msg6154184#msg6154184date=1428607632
Sigh, understand that no one is coming, and go to armory.
"Ahem...Hello. I would like to ask, can I... I mean, can you modify Gungnir kit to be used with Спектр, like... for additional cost maybe, messer Armory Master?"
((I'm asking if can pay AM to make Gungnir with Spektr instead of laser rifle))
Does that change the price?

[wiki] regardless.

There's nothing to [wiki]. That was just a question if Spectr can be used instead of laser rifle to make Gungnir. Pricewise [wiki] believes that cost increases only if person in question doesn't have a laser weapon of his own.
Well that conversion just turns the thing into an electrolaser via sticking a spark gap at the end right? Well, ask Sean if that would even work. He made both of them if memory serves. If it would work, they yes, we'll do that.
A Spektr is an entirely different laser rifle, so the kit would need some modification. There's nothing mechanically preventing it from working, but fluff-wise it's only made for the regular laser rifle. You could still buy the kit plus saber for 6 token as usual, but I'm afraid as-is it might need handiwork to apply to a Spektr.
I think he's not against it.
Buy Spektr and TSaber regardless.

[wiki]

Better luck next time.

Take a moment to make sure I am familiar with the controls inside Gilgamesh. Close the front of the suit, then walk it over to the Hangar. Once inside,  take it for a lap around  pushing it to the limits of my Shroud - given competence. Don't push it to do any more than I feel competent enough to manage. Wave to Miya as I pass by in Gilgamesh. If at any point my competence starts to disappear, stop, get out of Gilgamesh, and go get Flint.
Reposting.
You run the thing around a bit, doing various action poses, but there's not a lot of room in here to do anything really elaborate.

Sure. It would provide useful experience, if nothing else.

Take a look at the provided EKG data. How far can the brain-pilot be pushed yet, how much of its mindpoints are spent/left, what does each line mean, etc.?

The brain appears to have used roughly 5% of its capacity. Maybe a bit more, but there's no sign of desync or damage.

You talk nyars into adding a few new things to his shop.

exit VR and go watch TV.
TV remains iffy. Someone should try and fix it, or at least tune it.

Man, you can't wait for the renovations to be done and for the flat screen to be installed.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27614 on: April 10, 2015, 12:11:26 pm »

Buy Gungnir kit, apply to Spektr(handiwork?)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:35:23 pm by Illgeo »
Pages: 1 ... 1839 1840 [1841] 1842 1843 ... 2101