_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1897 1898 [1899] 1900 1901 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686974 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Ping Pong Massacre
« Reply #28470 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:47 pm »

Xael taps out a message like someone cheated out of a job. Angrily.

Quote from:  Xael Smirnova To: Flint Westwood
You said you would pay me for helping you. Thanks to the actions of certain teammembers, I was unable to help you.
Will you still pay me?
"Hmmm...." Flint says thoughtfully.
And then he actually types "Hmmm...." on the return message he begins writing.
Quote from: Flint Westwood | To: Xael Smirnova
Hmmm.... I said I would offer a reward. I never said I would pay you nor made any such deal with you. Greed is not one of the best motivations my friend.

However you would had helped and those intentions were honourable... Yet I cannot pay everyone who has good intentions the same. I simply don't have the tokens for it.

But I believe I probably will have tokens to spare, so I can offer an alternative. If we are in the same mission (or if I end up staying back this mission), then I will offer to you at least one piece of non-free equipment that would be helpful to you. If we are not on the same mission, then I will try to do the same, but I cannot promise that something I deem critical to the success of my team won't require all of my tokens. It's a slim chance, but I want to be clear with you, just in case.

Just give me some time to sort some things I got to do out first and hear the mission debriefing and briefing and I'll give you a more concrete response.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28471 on: July 01, 2015, 10:48:43 pm »

Briefing time! You don't have to go there but you MUST SHUT UP.

I'll go there. Also are the AM's Tinker goods actually... Buyable? I want the heat knife. Also quick info on whether or not the genemod camlike-eyes can apply its own filters? That's all from me for now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:00:08 pm by Gentlefish »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28472 on: July 01, 2015, 11:00:01 pm »

Xael taps out a message like someone cheated out of a job. Angrily.

Quote from:  Xael Smirnova To: Flint Westwood
You said you would pay me for helping you. Thanks to the actions of certain teammembers, I was unable to help you.
Will you still pay me?
"Hmmm...." Flint says thoughtfully.
And then he actually types "Hmmm...." on the return message he begins writing.
Quote from: Flint Westwood | To: Xael Smirnova
Hmmm.... I said I would offer a reward. I never said I would pay you nor made any such deal with you. Greed is not one of the best motivations my friend.

However you would had helped and those intentions were honourable... Yet I cannot pay everyone who has good intentions the same. I simply don't have the tokens for it.

But I believe I probably will have tokens to spare, so I can offer an alternative. If we are in the same mission (or if I end up staying back this mission), then I will offer to you at least one piece of non-free equipment that would be helpful to you. If we are not on the same mission, then I will try to do the same, but I cannot promise that something I deem critical to the success of my team won't require all of my tokens. It's a slim chance, but I want to be clear with you, just in case.

Just give me some time to sort some things I got to do out first and hear the mission debriefing and briefing and I'll give you a more concrete response.

Quote from:  Xael Smirnova | To: Flint Westwood
Huh. Not gonna lie, I didn't expect you to actually pay up. I mostly just sent that message as proof of loss so I could 'Sue' Ryan, Duncan, and Kyle for all of their money.
But free shit works too.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28473 on: July 01, 2015, 11:09:24 pm »

Seethe with my patented corpse malice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #28474 on: July 02, 2015, 12:52:22 am »

hitch ride to briefing room

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28475 on: July 02, 2015, 03:06:41 am »

Quote from: Ulrich Leland to General Miyamoto
I believe I was supposed to write a report about his "Sharkmist" prototype armor after use?

Well, it didn't keep me alive. Minor scratches from fungus tentacles it handled well, but I still got bisected which was honestly rather painful. Its effectiveness is hard to gauge since things that wanted to hurt us were either minor or extremenly over powered, but I believe it is only good against minor damage.
Its marketed self-repair functionality went completely untested.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28476 on: July 02, 2015, 10:13:22 am »

ALRIGHT, LETS DO IT TO IT

Here is Nik's briefing for his mission

Screen flickers with life, showing the familiar smiling face of Maurice Sanctor. His hair is touched with silver, and his smile is a bit wry, but it is undeniably him.
Greetings. The next mission is directly sponsored by Hephaestus Department of Science, so I will be doing the briefing this time.

A picture of a snowy mountain road appears. It is weird, to say the least: the paved road abruptly ends, leading to nowhere.
Noblis-3, satellite image. You are looking at a photo of a college that was erased from perceived reality about a year ago. There is physical evidence of its existence, but no one, including the evident graduates, can remember it. Furthermore, any investigation in the matter has ended either without result or with complete disappearance of the investigators.  The orbital scanning data indicates that there is at least something there; but, as you can see, it cannot be seen. We must be lacking something. Maurice shifts his look.

The mission will be to go inside and investigate this anomaly. Furthermore, we believe there might be a pocket dimension inside. Reaching the rift and recording the sensor data on both sides of it is of paramount importance, even greater than investigating the anomaly itself; we will provide the special equipment for recording that data. It goes without saying that each distinct anomalous sample or artifact requisitioned will be greatly appreciated and paid for in tokens. Maurice sweeps his gaze across the briefing room. A hazardous material requisition mission at its best. If any of you have been in the Samsonite Abyss, you will possibly find the experience similar - except we do not have any idea what is on the other side. But that only makes it more interesting, doesn't it? He smiled flippantly.

Now, I am personally coming with you on this mission, and I will need one additional team leader and at least one dedicated team medic. There will be two teams of four this time, each capable of semi-independent actions. There is no indication of active threat inside - but people have vanished without trace, and any former 'Corpsman knows better than to believe a mission site safe. Expect a wide variety of possible threats, and prepare accordingly. Maurice coughed, and eyed the briefing room.

Questions?

>Those taking his mission will be leaving on one of our sister ships, as will those who take the Joker mission. Just to let you know.

Now then, the first mission I've got here is an investigation of rather odd circumstances relating to the disappearance of one of our allies. Specifically Perun, a colony on the planet Velnias. They were the victims of a rather brutal UWM crackdown in their early days and have been itching for a fight ever since. So when news of our revolution came through, they hopped on board immediately. They were quite vocal for a while and we were in route there to do the whole diplomacy thing when they just went silent. And not in the normal way. Obviously we believe there are two good possibilities for what happened here: The UWM came and put their boot down, or they managed to find, create or otherwise end up involved in something dangerous and weird. Normally, however, these events have certain tell tale signs. The UWM one tends to leave a lot of heat and radiation, as well as debris. The other one usually involves a short period of distress signals followed by the activation of the "DON'T COME HERE" beacon. Like we saw on Mission 2. However, this event shows neither of these signs. There's no radiation, no heat, no life signs, no distress calls, no warning beacon, nothing. All we've got is an automated passive warning signal, a signal set on a sort of deadman switch that activates if someone doesn't press a "We're all ok" button every few weeks.

So whatever happened there happened fast enough that no signals could be sent, and it has rendered everyone there unable to deactivate the passive signal. That is literally all we know. There was a supply ship that landed there, offloaded cargo and then left not long before this happened, however it is still in the midst of a jump so we don't know its condition yet either.

This is a dangerous one guys, it's got "Kill Zone" written all over it. Miya's in charge of staffing it, but I would personally recommend limiting your newbie count because they might not make it long.

Second, we've got our Joker mission. And that one is kinda...well, specialized and definitely on the darker side of the moral gray area. I can't really tell anyone here about it until they're on the mission, but we need people with good charisma, people with good medical and aux skills, and last but not least, a few good fighters. You'll be totally outfitted on the site, so don't worry about gear, we just need skills. Milno is in charge of staffing this one. It's somewhat more newbie friendly, especially if you're one of the Aux or Med skill guys.

Do we have any questions so far?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #28477 on: July 02, 2015, 10:25:30 am »

"Yeah. What does that colony look like? Tech level? Thousands of people? One big city or multiple outposts or maybe Arcologies? Underground or Over?

What about the surrounding area, environmental conditions, oxygen, anything we should know about?

And finally, are we being dropped off at a specific location and heading at a specific location, like, I don't know, some kind of place with security recordings? Or will we have to choose where to land and start searching around for whatever did this?"

Questions
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:28:38 am by Parisbre56 »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28478 on: July 02, 2015, 10:26:17 am »

"Any idea on if the anomaly is noob-friendly or not?"

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:42:24 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #28479 on: July 02, 2015, 10:38:04 am »

"I volunteer for all of those as a fighter, but preference for Joker. You could say 'Darker end of Grey' and 'Murdering Humans' is my specialty."
"heh."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Nunzillor

« Reply #28480 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:10 am »

Tek, secure in the knowledge that it is not yet his time to be taken by the comb, volunteers for any of the missions.

"Tek will go on any of the missions.  He is most skilled in unconventional weaponry, but also has some skill in auxiliary tech, using medical systems, and crafting or fixing things that require handiwork."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:48:38 am by Nunzillor »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28481 on: July 02, 2015, 10:41:22 am »

"Yeah. What does that colony look like? Tech level? Thousands of people? One big city or multiple outposts or maybe Arcologies? Underground or Over?

What about the surrounding area, environmental conditions, oxygen, anything we should know about?

And finally, are we being dropped off at a specific location and heading at a specific location, like, I don't know, some kind of place with security recordings? Or will we have to choose where to land and start searching around for whatever did this?"

Questions

Colony is fairly high tech level, mostly underground, and is a sort of cluster of individual family spheres with a larger "City" section in the center.

The planet is fairly hospitable in terms of temp, radiation and the like, but the atmosphere is quite low on oxygen and contains trace amounts of several dangerous gases, so it's best not to go without a helmet. The area immediately around the colony is a flat salt plain.

You're being dropped off at the entrance to the colony. I see no reason to do otherwise.

I'll let nik handle that.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #28482 on: July 02, 2015, 10:42:52 am »

After thinking a minute, Anita says: "I also volunteer for anything where fighting or skill with auxiliary systems might be useful. Sounds like Joker would be preferred in that case."

((Clarification: Volunteering for all, in order of greatest to least preference: Joker, Anomaly, Allies))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:37:00 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28483 on: July 02, 2015, 11:03:21 am »

Well, as a mission involving exploration of anomaly, the most important resource is competence and sound common sense; and that is not a resource that is easily accumulated between missions, so yes, I'd say newcomers have roughly equal chances with veterans here, other dangers notwithstanding. Just don't forget to bring your 20-ft poles. He smiled.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28484 on: July 02, 2015, 11:05:47 am »

Ulrich Leland

"I could serve as auxiliary user for Joker team and I don't have so much problems with 'gray morality'. However there's a little I can do beyond that so I leave that decision for Milno if he wants me in. He has already seen my approach for problem solving.

That anomaly sounds like one way trip, but so does finding missing allies. I guess I volunteer for anomaly after all."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 1897 1898 [1899] 1900 1901 ... 2101