_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 [1968] 1969 1970 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5721994 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: You just couldn't help yourselves.
« Reply #29505 on: September 19, 2015, 06:10:40 pm »

One of her many smaller arms emerges from under her cloak and hands him a token.

"My apologies, I'm not possessed of a very good memory for faces.  And thank you for the reassurance - I'm certain that you'll honor our agreement"!

And if you die I'll just sell your corpse parts for tokens anyhow.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nunzillor

Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29506 on: September 19, 2015, 07:11:08 pm »

"Of course.  I wish you the best of luck, as you seem like quite the sympathetic individual.  I can tell, I'm great at reading people."
Quote from: Eddie to Christopher
Alright.  I'm finished getting my beg on, as they say, and I've got the token.  Do you need to collect any more funds from members before we can make the purchase?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29507 on: September 19, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »

"Hey! Anyone want a mark three suit? I'm selling it for 9 tokens!"

Sell my mk3 on the player market for 9 tokens.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29508 on: September 20, 2015, 03:38:20 am »

Quote from: Christopher to Eddie
No, these funds are sufficient, but I would recommend waiting a little before giving it to me, as I'm in a rather sticky situation right now, I suspect.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #29509 on: September 20, 2015, 03:42:59 am »

Sorry to hear that.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29510 on: September 20, 2015, 04:06:40 am »

Quote from: Christopher to Eddie
Try not firing into the briefing room. That would be very useful.
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #29511 on: September 20, 2015, 04:32:55 am »

Duly noted.  Here's hoping you don't come out of it like Mr. McHuman over here.

SkyMarshal

• Bay Watcher
  • What's this button do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29512 on: September 20, 2015, 03:28:58 pm »

Robert jogs/walks/skips (as appropriate) from his quarters to the Armoury to pick up something with which to kill bad people.  Or, y'know, good people.
"A few hundred years?  So, it's the 4700's... I think..." he pauses in thought for a moment before asking the hallway, "...so, who are you?  Some A.I. or just a really bored crewmember?"

Ask questions.  Also ask the Armoury Master about the blaster rifle and her thoughts on it, if she's there.

((I am running off the assumption that I will have go there and actually get the blaster rifle I said I'd purchase last turn.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29513 on: September 21, 2015, 08:40:19 am »

How much would it cost to replace my monorazor naginata with one made from forcefield? Assume same size and with an accompanying sheath for safe storing. Also, how difficult would it be to wield? What's the chance of unfortunate accidents?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29514 on: September 21, 2015, 03:37:10 pm »

((I'll do some small actions for piecewise to conserve time. I assume they are happening sometime in the future.))

"Hi there. How's it going? Everything OK while we were gone?"

Approach the AM. Talk to the AM.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to ask last turn, but I can talk to Toaster/Lars, right? He's just in a healing tank in the infirmary? Or is he in some private room?

"Everything's fine."

And sure, he's probably conscious. He's most of an upper body.

((I assume Lars is available, but you never know for sure.))

Lars sat in silence for a moment, quietly lost in thought.  "I am beyond honored to have been of service to you, Most Holy Steve.  I will honor your request.  Are the others okay?"

Talk to Steve.

>For the most part. We lost one soldier, but he used his death well.

((Someone got a new pet?))

Search my wrist pad for games to play while waiting for all the shit going down outside of my room to end. Because I've totally been in there the whole time.
You play some tetris.

((Back, I'll try to catch up.))

To anyone close to the armory, Milno seems to be staring worriedly at the AM for a while. And he is worried, to be honest; the AM forgetting something is the kind of event he didn't expect to ever happen, though... He looks away and focuses his gaze upon his wristpad, giving  the video feeds a check before writing something on it.
Quote from: Milno to Thaddeus (Abomination)
Hey Thad, what happened? You got one of those crazy genemods?

Show worry about the AM's current state. Ask Steve if he knows whether the B.Ops team has fucked up already.

>It seems fine for the moment. I don't have much contact with them.

Eddie barely glanced askance at the abominable... thing beside him and was hardly horrified to death at all, greeting it with a minimum of reflexive screaming.  It was just all the more reason to drink himself senseless, after all.

"It's not very polite to scream at people. Might I ask what it is about me that offends you so?" Cthunkan glances at himself. "I mean, I certainly am much larger than the average man, but other than that?"
Eddie inspected the creature's unnatural visage, struggling to keep his screams politely internal, marveling at the way the exaggerated human caricature made all the inhuman features all the more noticeable.  "AH, nothing at all, sir or madam.  You are very human.  Yes, they should call you 'Human McHuman.' One of us!  Haha, pleasure to meet you," Eddie said after being fairly sure that his screams of terror would stay safely mental, heard only in his undoubtedly newly recurring nightmares.

Then, sadly, he saw Vanessa.

"Two drinks, Armory Master."
Better make that two drinks.  What a fucking day.
Another new character falls into the booze hole.
"Hey! Anyone want a mark three suit? I'm selling it for 9 tokens!"

Sell my mk3 on the player market for 9 tokens.
WIKI
Robert jogs/walks/skips (as appropriate) from his quarters to the Armoury to pick up something with which to kill bad people.  Or, y'know, good people.
"A few hundred years?  So, it's the 4700's... I think..." he pauses in thought for a moment before asking the hallway, "...so, who are you?  Some A.I. or just a really bored crewmember?"

Ask questions.  Also ask the Armoury Master about the blaster rifle and her thoughts on it, if she's there.

((I am running off the assumption that I will have go there and actually get the blaster rifle I said I'd purchase last turn.))

>The first one.

Welp you buy that blaster. Not sure what you're gonna ask about.

How much would it cost to replace my monorazor naginata with one made from forcefield? Assume same size and with an accompanying sheath for safe storing. Also, how difficult would it be to wield? What's the chance of unfortunate accidents?
Not much.

Depends. It wouldn't have the "grinding" ability to tear through things, so it might get stuck.

Assuming you have a handle ending in the blade so it's somewhat easy to imagine where it is, it shouldn't be too bad.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #29515 on: September 21, 2015, 03:49:29 pm »

People keep underestimating the doom arms. They have DOOM in their name for god sake.
Who all is in the briefing room? Can I get a list?

Briefing room? Lemme see real quick...

Comrade P.
tryrar
NJW2000
HFS
HavingPhun
Yoink
Wolfkit
Spazyak
Unholy_pariah
UristMcCoder

These are the players, I can't really recall all the characters' names.

If it isn't too late, jump from the chair and get the fuck out of The Happening in briefing room. Also, switch Blaster pistol to Diffused, fire a few shots at Doom Arms guy while running away.

I like how everyone is attempting to murder Wolf and run away when the explosion of doom is already happening.

I just needed to know the names for the end rolls.

Comrade p [1-1]
Try [6+1]
NJW [5]
HFS [1+1] (Cannot catch a break)
Havingphun [4]
Yoink [6+1]
Spazyak [4]
Unholy [1+1]
UristMcCoder [2+1] *OVERRIDING FACTOR Divine Ulfire*

Comrade, Your character explodes into gibbets. That -1 Endurance was probably not the best idea. Permadead. I am sorry.

Try, you and Yoink do a funky dance and are completely unaffected and uninjured by the doom discharge.

NJW, you dive for cover and make it out unscathed.

Phun and Spaz, you both get a bit singed but nothing some minor first aid won't fix.

HFS and Unholy get Corpsed, but not permanently. Take a random stat point off anywhere on your sheet and we'll assume you get revived and brought back into the room.

And Urist, you get hit and get some minor skin burns, but for some reason the electricity seems to do very little damage to you.

Now behave or next time I'll have the nuke that I know SOMEONE is probably carrying in their inventory explode too.

Eddie was doomed.  This whole place was doomed.  He could feel it.

"Hand.  It.  Over.  Now."

Chug.
She hands you a bottle and you chug several large mouthfuls. You have a strange feeling that your fillings are dissolving right up until you pass out.

Dubley goes to the briefing room to deliver the printing press to Christopher when he sees the doom arms incident happening.
"Nope. Noooooope."
Wait outside the briefing room for doom to be over.
Probably a good idea.

Regeneration Complete?
Only once the next mission starts.

ANY DAY NOW!

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29516 on: September 21, 2015, 04:02:04 pm »

get out of the briefing room
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 06:22:14 pm by Urist McCoder »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29517 on: September 21, 2015, 04:21:30 pm »

But the pizza! How is the pizza?!

Check status of pizza and my gauss rifle. Make sure they are both okay.
Also, tear Ian's robo-head off with my full robo-strength. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29518 on: September 21, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »

Where is TOTAL DOMINATION? you haven't forgotten about him, right? just waiting for the moment to strike?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29519 on: September 21, 2015, 04:29:59 pm »

Is it safe to assume Miya would notice/be notified of the doom arms incident that happened in the briefing room, especially seeing as how a trooper got killed?

Not much.
Depends. It wouldn't have the "grinding" ability to tear through things, so it might get stuck.
Assuming you have a handle ending in the blade so it's somewhat easy to imagine where it is, it shouldn't be too bad.

So, in the 3 token range or so?

What would it be better or worse at then, specifically? I mean, one could always move the forceblade back and forth in a sawing motion to get about the same effect, right? And it would have the added benefit of being able to do stabbing motions, the blade not getting stuck in eg synthblood, the wire can't snap, ...

In terms of effectiveness, how would the forceblade compare when used on a regular robot, a battlesuit, an avatar, or an arbiter?

Would it cost a lot to add a very small electric discharge function that, when activated, lets a small bit of electricity run throught the projecting material in order to detonate it at will? Would this even work (and be reasonably fail-safe)?

For later, crisis management first.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:12:10 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 1966 1967 [1968] 1969 1970 ... 2101