_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1981 1982 [1983] 1984 1985 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727415 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Paris' accidental discharge
« Reply #29730 on: October 03, 2015, 01:04:55 am »

Jobasio shuffles along the ship's hallways, faceplate display blank as he mutters to himself in a robotic voice.
"Chal-thul, forgive me. I shall make amends when the moment is right." 

Head to the armoury, purchase those enhanced mobility feet and have them installed.
Then go sulk in the Briefing Room.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29731 on: October 03, 2015, 01:32:58 am »

!WIKI GNOME APPROVES FOLLOWING PURCHASES!

Buy microwave physchokinetic amplifer and Mk 1suit Token check and price checkM-Madam i would like a... Yes! A microwave physchokinetic amplifer and some basic armor... Oh im A-Abigail south What i-is your n-name armory owner?

Amp purchase wikified. You don't want to buy MK1 because you already have free MCP-I which is theoretically better. And skin tight. You have two tokens left.

The Industrial Suit is the one that machine city technicians use. Protects against falls from great heights, getting hit by heavy machinery, falling into vats of molten steel, that kind of thing. Might not be the same as the reactor tech suit. The one with the helmet resembling a dodecahedron, was it? Bishop was looking into it once upon a time. Still the same price? If yes (with a 2-token tolerance either way), buy it and put it on anyway.

In any case, subtract 2 tokens from that previous return since the MK3 is actually 10 tokens, leaving me with a perfect 6.

After that's done, to the testing room! Try doing a roll in the Industrial Suit. See if agility improves over series of attempts via miraculous space flesh magic, and whether I can turn that fat roll into a fast roll.

Industrial suit wikified. Because I'm fairly sure you are correct.

"You've got a wrist pad that functions like a computer. It can work with voice commands if you can't work the keypad. As per a cane, we've got one here for 5 tokens. If you check your pockets, you probably have that much. They're little purple plastic disks."

"Mmhrm, thank you, I'll buy that then."
Fork over tokens with a small smile, get cane, comment on cane: "Hmm. Something about it feels... strange. Is there anything I should know?"
You already know enough, Root, it's like me, it wants in your head. Canes with neural interface protocols, oy vey what a future, what a future!
Mutter: "shush you, you're an internal voice, there's a world of difference"
Ask AM (after she's said her bit on the cane): "Oh yes that reminds me, is there anything you can do about reducing the number of voices in my head?"
No, please! I'm your conscience, you need me, not everyone's so lucky!
Shake head, grumble "shutup shutup" at the voice.
There now she thinks you're crazy!
Mutter: "She probably already thought I was crazy you little shit"
Cough awkwardly. Apologize to AM and bid a hasty retreat: "Sorry about that. Pesky voice in my JUST CAN IT, YOU WORM! Shitnugget uh pardon me I'll go make a fool of myself somewhere else"
Cross the hall to the test chamber, action there pending what the AM said.

((shall I wikignomificate his defrosting and purchase? And is this sort of internal bickering clear enough in who's talking to who?))

Pimp Cane purchase wikified.

((well seeing as the mission still appears to not be starting...))

stack all my weapons outside the testing chamber.
Go buy a blaster pistol and place it on the floor in the testing chamber along with my mk1.
Turn on the suit computer and sync the geiger counter to my wristpad.
take deathcube out into the hall and make sure im closer to the pistol then my weapon pile.
push B1,C7,F4,G6,H1.
observe difference in radiation output by the blueraditite power core.

Put deathcube back if radiation levels are safe, if not place it in a different testing chamber.

((oh and a uick question:
can synthbodies consume metamorphosis pills somehow?
and if yes would it only affect the brain? or is synthflesh semi-organic and therefore semi-susceptible?)

Pistol purchase wikified.

Jobasio shuffles along the ship's hallways, faceplate display blank as he mutters to himself in a robotic voice.
"Chal-thul, forgive me. I shall make amends when the moment is right." 

Head to the armoury, purchase those enhanced mobility feet and have them installed.
Then go sulk in the Briefing Room.

Mobility feet purchase wikified.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29732 on: October 03, 2015, 04:46:37 am »

'Hmm, guess I better give a small briefing to the troops, so they can prepare better. Dangit, I don't get payed enough to do other people's jobs!'

And so, he composes a message and send it around to everyone (because he isn't dead certain who's going, and better safe than sorry):

"Attention troopers going on the Hephaestus anomaly exploration mission.

The basic situation there is Anton made some sort of machine, or engine or something, that has gone haywire. And he did it on Hep itself for some currently nebulous reason. I'm not sure what it was supposed to do in the first place, but what it ended up doing was to start absorbing all surrounding heat from it's environment, leading to extremely low temperatures and subsequent damage to infrastructure. The spreading of the cold was stopped by cooling down the area around of it in advance, to 'starve out' the thing causing it. This seems to have stopped, or at least slowed, the spread. However, whatever caused it exactly is still at the core of it. That's where you come in.

You'll be dropped on Hep and move to the edge of the anomalous zone. From there, you are to enter the area and try to find out what's causing this effect, and stop it. Bringing it back for study would be the best outcome, if possible. You might also find other anomalies or artifacts in there that could be interesting, so keep an eye out. Anton himself is mission commander on the ground once you land, provided his current attack of stasis catatonia gives up sometime soon. If not, you'll have to organize yourselves, I will have other matters to attend to once down on the surface, so don't expect me to hold your hand.

We don't know what hazards you'll be facing in there exactly, but expect extreme cold at the very least, so be sure to prepare accordingly. If you have need of some extra equipment, you can request it from Steve or ask me, but no guarantee that you'll get it. Something to contain these artifacts might not be a bad idea either.

Anymore questions?"

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:25:55 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29733 on: October 03, 2015, 04:49:40 am »

"How many explosives we got, in total?"
One wheel short of a wagon

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29734 on: October 03, 2015, 04:52:16 am »

"How many explosives we got, in total?"

"Currently, none that you don't bring yourselves."

((I sent pw the pm to ask if Miya could go over mission equipment allocation, to save time, but he hasn't responded yet, so for now Miya can't approve anything.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29735 on: October 03, 2015, 05:30:18 am »

"I want to go on this mission.  Except I'm a complete n00b.  Augh.  If I am going, I'd like some better protective gear, though."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29736 on: October 03, 2015, 05:57:58 am »

"For starters I'd like to requisition some grenade launchers, chem throwers, and all the liquid nitrogen tanks and grenades that i can transport into the anomaly zone."
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #29737 on: October 03, 2015, 07:24:32 am »

I settle down next to Flint and purr.
Flint just relaxed, continuing to gently rub Lyra's head.
"You do what you believe is right, right?" he stated more than asked a few minutes later, not really expecting an answer.
"No matter what others say." he added more quietly.
He reached out with his other hand and started writing on his wristpad.
Upon my death, it is my will that all my belongings be given to Lyra Arden.
He looked at the letters cramped on the small screen for a few seconds and then closed it.
She has no use for most of those things... But I am certain that if something happens to me before I... she will take care of them. And she will figure out what amongst them is really important.
He settled back down and continued silently enjoying Lyra's company.

Flint looked at his wristpad again when a new message arrived.
"Hm. Looks like it's mission time again. Don't know what's going to happen, if I'm going to get chosen to go down there or not. But, I might as well help them and prepare. Wanna join me? Or... I dunno, wanna do anything else before I go?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29738 on: October 03, 2015, 07:32:41 am »

Sell weapons in inventory other than rifle-bayonet combo and suit. Buy sullen moon nyartifact, toss kit stolen from dead person in union room at Miyamoto's place. Open sullen moon nyartifact in the union room.

"Sorry guys, I'm going to have to do this before he disbands the union or beats one of us up."

Quote from: Christopher to Miyamoto
Well, you said something about an opportunity for the union to test nyartifacts for you, could you elaborate on that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Be oblivious for RP reasons.

Transaction wikified.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29739 on: October 03, 2015, 07:42:11 am »

I know someone who did what he believed was right, no matter what others say..

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29740 on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:43 am »

Wait for the lab boys to do science on my arms.

((I assume I'm probably out of the mission at this point?))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29741 on: October 03, 2015, 11:46:27 am »

"For starters I'd like to requisition some grenade launchers, chem throwers, and all the liquid nitrogen tanks and grenades that i can transport into the anomaly zone."

"You're not getting all of that for yourself, but most seems reasonable. I'll grant 2 grenade launchers with 4 liquid helium nades each and 2 chem throwers with 2 tanks of liquid helium each. Any more will have to be bought. I'll just add them to the list to be dropped with you guys in the shuttle, you guys can divide it all on the planet."

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29742 on: October 03, 2015, 11:57:58 am »

Requisition a Chem-thrower, one tank of goop, one tank of liquid nitrogen, goop grenades, liquid nitrogen grenades, artifact containers, rope, duct tape, collapsible pokin' poles, cable ties, Aster-ex, remote detonators, a MkI to wear over the MCP I for extra cold protection
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29743 on: October 03, 2015, 11:59:58 am »

Requisition a Chem-thrower, one tank of goop, one tank of liquid nitrogen, goop grenades, liquid nitrogen grenades, artifact containers, rope, duct tape, collapsible pokin' poles, cable ties, Aster-ex, remote detonators, a MkI to wear over the MCP I for extra cold protection

"No chem throwers or nades or artifact containers, you guys are already getting a couple. I'll grant a couple kilos aster ex to be divided, stuff like rope and MkI suit is free anyways."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29744 on: October 03, 2015, 01:01:42 pm »

Requisition 1 megaton nuke in case we have to resort to blowing it up.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 1981 1982 [1983] 1984 1985 ... 2101