_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 [2051] 2052 2053 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5720640 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #30750 on: January 23, 2016, 12:41:25 am »

Okay then, its an unholy amalgamation of two laser rifles and three gauss rifles crammed into a single twin barrel chassis. it also has several incendiary gauss rounds that are powerful enough to blind your suits heads up display when they go off.

how much you wanna pay me for it?
I'll give you three creds and a gauss rifle, as the only other thing I have is a suit.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30751 on: January 23, 2016, 12:43:07 am »

Okay then, its an unholy amalgamation of two laser rifles and three gauss rifles crammed into a single twin barrel chassis. it also has several incendiary gauss rounds that are powerful enough to blind your suits heads up display when they go off.

how much you wanna pay me for it?
I'll give you three creds and a gauss rifle, as the only other thing I have is a suit.
okay so the high bid is 5 tokens, because you aint used that rifle yet.

im gonna jump in OOC now and attempt to sell more of my crap.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30752 on: January 23, 2016, 05:23:53 am »

One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30753 on: January 23, 2016, 09:38:22 am »

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30754 on: January 23, 2016, 09:58:47 am »

"...have to go...I'm sorry, there's nothing else we can do...Run! Run...we love you...we love you so much"

Lysander woke from stasis with a jolt, tumbling out of the pod and hitting the cold metal floor with a sharp awakening. After catching their breath, Lysander found the shower and cleaned up before getting dressed.

Lysander located the keypad by the door.

"Room number? Password?"

Lysander debated two numbers they would certainly remember.

"Room Number: 1527. The year of Machiavelli's death. Password: 1469. The year of his birth."

The Prince was one of the readings on the shuttle's database. Lysander had read it over several times. It was one of their favorites.

Taking the 5 tokens, Lysander pushed the "LIGHTS" button, then the "EXIT" button, and went out into the corridor.

"So, this is the Sword."

Lysander walked down the corridor, eventually finding their way into the Rec Room.

((OOC: Where do I sign up for the noob mission?))
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #30755 on: January 23, 2016, 11:15:55 am »

I've been told by people that we are ready for our briefing. So here we go. Gonna do this a bit fast.

>You know me, I know you, and you know what this is so lets skip the formalities.

A 3d image of planet pops up on the holoprojector.

This is Trinity 3. It was named by someone who had absolutely no sense of irony. It's also a highly populated planet thats fairly near us and isn't an unlivable hell hole of reality breakage. It was, until recently, a fairly rural and quiet place, but recent events have driven massive numbers of people to it due to the fact that it's one of the few planets in the area that is set up to manufacture good without the use of manipulators. The existing government has been overthrown by one of god knows how many Remnant forces of the UWM and the planet is quickly being covered in shanty towns as refugees flood in. Those with power are living the lives of warlords while those without are more often then not starting in sheet metal houses. Its a good place for a bunch of ex-freedom fighters to ply their trade, wouldn't you say?

The plan here is three fold. The UWM military presence is concentrated here, near the equator, at the former capital. As you can tell from the map, this planet is almost entirely covered in water; with handfuls of very small islands. The capital building itself, plus a few other important structures, have been built upon solid ground but the rest of the city around it is floating. We believe they took this position less because it was the former capital and more because it's a great big building carved into solid solid rock as opposed to a plastic and metal plating building floating on a pontoon. A bit more defensible.  This is where you super vets come in. Two teams are gonna infiltrate...well perhaps thats not the right word. Raze is closer to what we're looking for. We want those forces in the capital building gone. And yes, we could just drop a shell on them, even without the cannons going at full capacity a car sized chunk of tungsten dropped from orbit will cause some damage. But there's no shock and awe in that. It's too...disconnected to make a real impact on the people. But you guys storming the storming the place, that will make an impact.  We're hot dropping you in for added effect.

Once inside one team is gonna need to clear the building and the other is more than likely gonna have to hold of troops that will attempt to retake it. The capital building itself is luckily fairly isolated in terms of ground routes in. It's got one main way in and everything around it is all craggy black volcanic rock, which is very hard to move across on foot let alone in anything else. They'll have shuttles, but probably not a whole lot. These guys, for the most part, aren't gonna be sods. They're gonna be former military rabble now formed into a disorganized but well armed horde. Coordinate your attacks and your defense and it should be easy pickings. Probably.

Now, our Vet team. Our plan here is obviously to crush the local warlord state and to then offer a way off the planet and its gnawing poverty and starvation to the populace. We'll also impress upon them that this universe is collapsing into alien horror and that coming with us is probably the best idea. In order to get the people off the planet, we're going to use the pocket dimensions; specifically you're gonna be given a remote to use so that you can link a pocket dimension gate from on the planet's surface to one already open on Heph. Thats where we're gonna be sending them for the moment. The food might not be great but it will be food, at the very least, which is better than they get here.  In any case, Your job is two fold; get down to the various shanty towns we send you to and establish the gate,  and then attempt to maintain peace and fend off any attackers while anyone who wants to leave, does so.  We're Expecting mass exodus after the announcement we're gonna broadcast about the true nature of things, and that sort of thing means that there will inevitably be rioting, panic, and attempts to steal the portals or take them over by local former UWM forces. It's gonna be chaos and people are going to be stabbing each other and you for a chance to get into the gate.  Your only priority is to do what you can to keep the gate safe and open as long as you can before moving on.

And newbies, you get the enviable job of running interference for the Vet teams. Basically, you have exactly one job and it is to murder anyone who looks like a trouble maker. UWM forces, Rioters, Murders, Would be insurrectionists, basically anyone who is causing trouble. We're giving you shuttles and boomboxes with Wagner. Dispense street justice as you see fit.

Questions? 

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30756 on: January 23, 2016, 11:32:58 am »

Excellent.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30757 on: January 23, 2016, 11:34:46 am »

"Hmph. I belive that sods or robots would do a better job at crowd control than some people here, but alright. Let's keep civilian casualties to a minimum, people!"
One wheel short of a wagon

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30758 on: January 23, 2016, 11:43:51 am »

Sods and robots also wouldn't be as coordinated, and they wouldn't have the empathy or insight that a human- actually on second though, you're probably right.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 11:47:36 am by The Lupanian »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30759 on: January 23, 2016, 11:57:55 am »

Kate raises her hand as a formality before speaking.
"Can I use some AC/DC? Wagner is great and all but not quite my style."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30760 on: January 23, 2016, 12:03:12 pm »

Abigail is there she seems to breath more steadier and raises a hand.
Whats a water planet?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #30761 on: January 23, 2016, 12:12:42 pm »

Whats a water planet?
A planet that's mostly water, usually saltwater oceans.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30762 on: January 23, 2016, 12:13:49 pm »

Can we expect sod support, or support from other npc forces?

Can we deploy those gunships I designed some time back? If yes, how would you like those to be handled?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30763 on: January 23, 2016, 12:14:18 pm »

Whats a water planet?
A planet that's mostly water, usually saltwater oceans.
......what? What's saltwater and occean?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30764 on: January 23, 2016, 12:16:21 pm »

Kate looks at Abigail with an expression that says she thinks she's making a very bad joke.
Pages: 1 ... 2049 2050 [2051] 2052 2053 ... 2101