_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 2087 2088 [2089] 2090 2091 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5730641 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31321 on: May 23, 2016, 05:27:28 pm »

Abigail enters the infirmary  finally remembering they wanted to meet there.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31322 on: May 23, 2016, 05:38:45 pm »

Milno had never been gladder after being proven wrong. The AM might not be perfect but at least she was stable, which caused him to be genuinely happy for the first time in a while. They had to leave in a moment for the new mission but at least one of his biggest worries had been, at least for the moment, dispelled.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31323 on: May 23, 2016, 06:02:26 pm »

Quote from: Dester Gree to:Milno Enedrasi
M23 never officially reported in to you after returning from our assignment, as we  were rerouted by steve toward Hephaestus for the universe exploration task, because of that Whole Lurker thing. It has been a while, but I though you ought to know how that mission went. Well, our assigned leader suffered from stasis dementia ad nhas been unresponsive since very early in the mission. Our lieutenant, Vincent Klart, yielded oversight of the team to myself, and acted as the frontsman, as he was intended to do. we managed to collect our numbers, due in part to Vincent's clever thinking in purchasing much of that world's non-manipulator based shipping assets. we grew quite wealthy in a very short time, accumulated a medical staff and a security force, and retained them as ewe fled the burning world, which had descended into chaos due to lack of food deliveries because all the main shipping had collapsed. We lost another member - Xael Smirnova - who simply disappeared, right before our eyes. Rumor has it that she reappeared elsewhere in ARM some time later.
We failed to establish a long term operation, again due largely to the collapse of civilization, but otherwise, I feel we came out quite ahead.

Since that time, I have remained the head of our team as we have been exploring alternate universes in cooperation with the Hephaestus leadership. Mr. Saint in particular has been invaluable in preventing several catastrophic cosmic intrusions, and we have found several survivable universes, including one in which Origin tech seems to function as it does in this universe, with the exception that it appears to be free of Lurker influence completely, at least, the tech we have tested acts so. We have not tested anything directly controlled by a person, but automanipulators and the like. I was about to send an agent across to test some amps and synthflesh, but we had another intrusion, and I felt that the situation was too unstable to risk one of our more valuable people. So there is still some uncertainty as to whether the Lurker's influence is completely removed in that universe or not.

And that's about it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31324 on: May 23, 2016, 06:06:43 pm »

Quote from: Milno to Dester
Excellent.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #31325 on: May 23, 2016, 06:21:35 pm »

"Where are you? You're in deep shit is where you are. What kind of godforsaken corner did your scrawny ass crawl out of? Do you even know what you're supposed to be doing?"

"Uh, I just woke up in a room back that way." Henry gestures behind himself. "No, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. The last thing I remember is being hit in the head, and waking up back there." He once again gestures behind himself.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31326 on: May 24, 2016, 12:29:09 am »

A tall bald man is standing within, talking to an infirmary technician. There is an exact copy of him standing beside him. After a while, he turns his head to notice Abigail.

"Good, you made it. What are the extent of your skills as they are?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31327 on: May 24, 2016, 03:33:03 am »

Nia thinks this silently a moment.

"That differs a lot from what we were teached. I have not heard of this Steve, but HMRC is familiar name. A crazy suicide squad where many undesirables are dumped into. I can see how that turns into a training ground for rebels." she nods. "But this alien entity... that was definitely a big blow for all UWM controlled space. At least you have balls to acknowledge your mistake and work to rectify the situation, if you excuse my language, sir. But how does one accidentally unleash a being capable of destoying our universe?

And I feel I'm currently under-equipped for any of those mentioned missions. While I can handle this older model gauss rifle, I think it may be too old model. What procedures there are in place for requisition of better equipment if I'm authorized for any?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31328 on: May 24, 2016, 04:34:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Basically there was an anomalous area on an inhabited planet somewhere. A team was sent in to investigate, recover anything interesting there and rescue civvies if possible. But through a series of unfortunate events the alien entity, whose presence caused the anomalous area, 'broke out' so to speak, by using one of the team's amps as a conduit into this realm. That's how it caused so much damage so fast, by spreading and corrupting all types of Origin-related tech, including amps and synthflesh. Had nobody gone in it might not have been able to break containment, though we don't know that for sure, it might've broken loose eventually anyway.

As for equipment, as a new recruit you get 5 tokens to buy new kit with from the armory. Just follow the signs to get there. Oh, and since you helped out on the previous mission you got payed 10 more, so now you have at least 15 tokens to play around with. I'd recommend a better suit, there's several available, and some even have a sort of end-of-the-world discount going. And since you're new you're also eligible for team fund loan, should it be necessary."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31329 on: May 24, 2016, 06:17:21 am »

"Uh, I just woke up in a room back that way." Henry gestures behind himself. "No, I don't really know what I'm supposed to be doing. The last thing I remember is being hit in the head, and waking up back there." He once again gestures behind himself.
"Well, here's the thing new blood. You're aboard the 'sword. It is currently the end of the 5th millenium of glorious Steve, that's your new AI overlord by the way, and in the glorious 5th millenium there is only disaster. You're now part of ARM and the good news is that the UWM has been thoroughly defeated. The bad news is that someone put their big ol' pecker where it didn't belong and now the universe is well and good fucked.

So you've got 5 tokens to go and buy yourself some equipment to gear up for the next mission, where we will all bundle our powers to destroy our universe and the big bad space god in it, and then we'll fuck off to another universe alltogether. Questions?"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31330 on: May 24, 2016, 07:13:54 am »

"Anyone want to buy an MKIII suit? Only 6 tokens! 40% off!"
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31331 on: May 24, 2016, 08:57:57 am »

A tall bald man is standing within, talking to an infirmary technician. There is an exact copy of him standing beside him. After a while, he turns his head to notice Abigail.

"Good, you made it. What are the extent of your skills as they are?"
"I'm really good at treating burns and myself I'm kinda mediocre with other wounds and treating others."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31332 on: May 24, 2016, 10:44:54 am »

I think I said it was a couple hundred feet. No.

You could increase temp, but not density or sharpness. I'd say you can alter it in ways that does not fundamentally change what it is. You can't increase the density or change the material, but you can mess with the temp or the direction or the speed or force behind it, etc.
So, about 100 to 200 meter. Ok then.

About sharpness, couldn't that be achieved by selectively unloading the thing so that it's sharp? Say you have a solid block of metal and load it into the matter saver, you could then only unload part of it (which the wiki description says is possible) so that one side has an extremely sharp edge, effectively 'sharpening' it. Wouldn't this trick work?

Oh, and is 'charge' something that can be mutated? I'm not sure if it's like temperature (in that it doesn't fundamentally change the make-up, just shove some things around) or density for this purpose.

Oh, and for the solid light thingie, how much for a lamp to shine on it that would ensure it keeps working even in pitch black darkness? And can solid light object be stored and loaded from the matter saver?

You could do it like that, yes, but you can't just push a button and adjust the sharpness.

Charge as in the amount of charge it contains? To a degree, yes, but no infinite batteries.

Couple bucks, but it will need to be shining on the thing itself AND the area where the object is being made. And you can store it yes, but if you load it and it's more than that 100 meter or whatever range from the generator when it loads, then it will vanish.

The matches and rankings will be based on missions done
Those who hqve done 3 or less missions are newbs
Those with 4-7 are vets
Anything above that is a super vet
I'll make a full list of people and group them into their different rankings

Newbs

Vets

Super Vets

Who ever the final winner is has to fight an avatar of peace. Though this won't .Be up for bets and such, I just want to see what happens

Send the following message
"Ultimate Royal End of the World Rumble! Watch yourself and all your friends horribly mutilate each other over vr. Betting pools are open! One token will let you take over yourself durring your match! For all questions and concerns constact Mr. Jackson, your nice little midevil space Knight!
The following message has been translated from mid evil idiot to normal space english  using Shake-to-talktm
[/b]
Yeah, but I don't know how to run the fights themselves. Ie are you asking me to give you a winner here?
aww cmon, the games basically over. let me have some fun while I still can.

I mean we aleady have multiple unstoppable alien phenomenon raping the universe, we're building a weapon designed to annihilate all of creation, and pancaeks id is running around with the ability to pull antimatter out of gods ass...

what harms a little game breaking mutation gonna do at this point?

I honestly can't really think of anything interesting that you don't already have. I mean I could give you a bonus to aiming or something but thats boring.

((Thanks piecewise. *brofist*))

Xan stood once again, tall and hairless, in his body. Not his true body, regrettably, but this one was ... more than close enough. He stared down at his hand and imagined what he could do with it if he merely focused...

But no. The Father had been correct in his assessment; he had been rash and foolish before. If he was to reclaim his rightful heritage, he must purge the unnecessary passion out of his form. No waste. No rage. Nothing but what needed to be done.

He glanced to his right and activated his Id Manifester, and a perfect copy of him appears, staring back at him. Xan merely nodded in acknowledgement.

"Another sign that I am on the right path. You will protect me in the trial we face ahead."

Introspection over and done with for now, he turned and found the nearest infirmary technician.

"I will require entry to the deep infirmary. Do you possess any containment apparatuses that would be able to keep particularly unruly specimens under control? Failing that, where would I obtain something of that description? It must be fully sealed and very sturdy."

Attempt to obtain containment apparatus from medicine people. If not, ask about equivalents elsewhere. Maybe an enlarged braincase?

If they do have something I could use, enter the deep infirmary. You know what I'm looking for.

Containment box we can give you, but I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Try again, also crystalize one of my inner ears just to see what happens.
[5] You get your arms back.
[3] You're now deaf in that ear. Neat.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31333 on: May 24, 2016, 10:47:52 am »

Yep, roman collesuem, one v one going down list, winners going on to fight winners and such like in basket ball.
Broad cast to rec room tv with booze and food, parttteeehhhh!
Collect daggers in union inventory.
Melt down coins, metal boxes, scrap metal, and plastic covered metal and sue it to forge a long sword, germanic stylings.
If I see christopher pseudos punch him lightly on shoulders while screaming at him in a propper mid evil way about how he and the csu has gone off course from its comunist roots
If he acts angrily in response start punching harder.
If he reacts violently then respond by using jet pack and wings to move backwards, fire for knee and arm joins and have draco open fire.

Once that issue has been solved go to csu hq and go poke the one machine with the orbs pressing the first button
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:30:25 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31334 on: May 24, 2016, 11:06:34 am »

Are you planning to do a final wiki gnome payout before the mission starts?

Also, what kind of properties does hard light have? Or can one choose its properties to a degree? Talking things like density, opaqueness, strength, flexibility, conductivity, ...
And is there a limit to how much hardlight stuff there can be 'in existence' at one? Could I extend the range that hardlight constructs can exist by opening pocket dimension portals and thereby connecting parts of realspace close to the hardlight generator?

Finally, could something like, for example, a big crossbow be made using multiple hardlight materials with different properties?

I honestly can't really think of anything interesting that you don't already have. I mean I could give you a bonus to aiming or something but thats boring.

And if the pill was ingested by a newbie instead, would that change things?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:46:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 2087 2088 [2089] 2090 2091 ... 2101