Poll

_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686014 times)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand
« Reply #31455 on: June 01, 2016, 10:15:11 am »

Fred wakes up on the floor, naked, in a puddle of goo. His initial reaction was "Damn, must have been drunk as all hell last night". Then he reconsidered that assumption, seeing as he had no hangover. Seeing as he wasn't drunk, but still quite groggy, he put on the clothes on the bed and then ambled over to the door in search of beer and nachos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31456 on: June 01, 2016, 08:16:49 pm »

After receiving a reply, Milno furrowed his brow for a moment before glancing at Rose and typing out a response. It was a hard choice, wasn't it? Speeding up things or being more careful. Both had their risks, and he didn't want to lose her.
Quote from: Milno to Steve Saint
I'd appreciate if the process was accelerated. It's time sensitive in the meaning being in the same dimension as that thing is a constant danger to her. Being careful is fine but it'll be all for nothing if she dies. Quick testing will be necessary.

Synth-flesh. The reactions of synth-flesh to the new universe are of extreme importance. If you want more information on the armory master, ask Steve and he'll probably give it to you.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #31457 on: June 02, 2016, 10:32:30 pm »

Be in rec room with all my stuff ready to sell, sign up for m28 but wait until purchases/sellings have been dealt with.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 08:45:24 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31458 on: June 03, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »

Look at the black arranger rounds.

Ponder, in a purely hypothetical way, whether one black arranger round would remove one of the statpoints that are needed (in increments of successive multiples of five) to increase each level; or a whole level each time.

If my skillset, physique, biochemistry and personality were decided by a series of abstracted numbers comprised of varying numbers of points in a narrow range of categories, which would of course be ridiculous.

Also ponder how cool and metal it is that the Armoury gave me ammo that fed off my soul and fate and stuff.

Stat point, not whole level.

I would be, wouldn't it?

It's pretty neat, if a bit derivative

Reposting action because it got skipped:

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean, like, create a 10 foot stick of light matter and then put portals down so that you can effectively poke something a half mile away with the stick by poking it through the portals?
I mean it more like, after creating a portal two locations in realspace are now much closer together because they are connected through a tunnel via the pocket dimension. So, can the solid light effect area extend now through this tunnel?
So, say I wanna create a pillar of solid light 1 km away. I can't since it's out of range. But suppose I first create a portal 1 km away in the air, and one next to me to connect it. Now that space 1 km away is right 'next to' me if I moved through the portal. So can I now create that pillar of solid light 1 km away?

How much do you want it to be?
A normal 1/8th kt charge is 2 tokens, and one LESHO round is 2 tokens, so at least 1/8th, but preferably more. Can we get to a kiloton? Or, if the explosive yield can indeed be graded (by decreasing fission/fusion material) then as a maximum, well, as much as possible I guess (megaton might be too much though).

How would you possibly do it? You're being ported to a new universe which, as far as we've seen, is like a 3d shipping container maze. Where exactly will your orbital gunship go? And how will it attack for you?
And what about the other teams, the vet teams? I'm guessing not every universe is gonna be boxmaze-like?

Finally, could I make a small room inside my pocket dimension that gives of a lot of light in the UV-VIS spectrum? I'd use this for when there's no natural light sources to power my solid light thingie.

yeah, that should work.

1kt can be done

Yeah, we can make it available for them.

Sure. You want to just have a little floating sun light source there or do you want us to literally construct you a room with some UV bulb lamps installed in it and then shove that room into the pocket dimension?

Fred wakes up on the floor, naked, in a puddle of goo. His initial reaction was "Damn, must have been drunk as all hell last night". Then he reconsidered that assumption, seeing as he had no hangover. Seeing as he wasn't drunk, but still quite groggy, he put on the clothes on the bed and then ambled over to the door in search of beer and nachos.

Well, I can assume you find your way to the Mess hall, and they would be happy to get you some beer and nachos.

Be in rec room with all my stuff ready to sell, sign up for m28 but wait until purchases/sellings have been dealt with.
Okie dokie.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31459 on: June 03, 2016, 02:41:46 pm »

Deposite my 3 looted rifles to the CSU. What kind of rifles are they?

Take handiwork battlestim. Franken my 3 assaultsuits together into a triple-franken-assaultsuit monstrosity.
Would it be possible to get Auron's old spider tank thing  from Heph and incorporate that into the monstrosity?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31460 on: June 03, 2016, 02:48:55 pm »

Deposite my 3 looted rifles to the CSU. What kind of rifles are they?

Take handiwork battlestim. Franken my 3 assaultsuits together into a triple-franken-assaultsuit monstrosity.
Would it be possible to get Auron's old spider tank thing  from Heph and incorporate that into the monstrosity?

((Spazy looks both ways quickly before muttering screaming to himself"DIBS!"))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31461 on: June 03, 2016, 07:40:21 pm »

Buy anda install an Id manipulator. Sign for the super vet  mission.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #31462 on: June 03, 2016, 10:54:34 pm »

Go wherever I'm supposed to be to be a part of the Newbie mission.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31463 on: June 04, 2016, 05:22:24 am »

Quick question: Based on what we've seen would a fission instigator work in the supervet mission universe?

EDIT: Actually, in your professional personal opinion, what would be better against a big target, assuming I can hit the same spot? Fission instigator or a few arranger blackshot heatpoint rounds? Do you have any suggestions about which of the two I should prefer? Or just a general comparison?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 08:44:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31464 on: June 04, 2016, 05:30:53 am »

Sell Mk3a to armoury for 4 token unless someone ninja's in with a "buy Konrad's mk3a for 4 token" post, once complete put 30 tokens down on that sweet sweet aow robutt, equipped with avatarised PSL in one slot and a avatarised drone pallet/swarm in remaining slots. Get equipped, with 5 second reset handy and one mind stim from team fund see below for permission. in case of screw up during equip (give control of it to steve in case I don't hit it fast enough) and ship to M28

Team fund is not giving them away willy nilly, no, but if it's to help ensure the Sword doesn't get demolished in a hellstorm of fire and destruction, you could probably get one for that specifically, yeah. Just one though, and specifically for that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:01:19 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31465 on: June 04, 2016, 06:03:39 am »

Yeah, we can make it available for them.
So if anyone thinks the team they're on could use high firepower support, do say so. We still have 18 vouchers in reserve, aka a crapton of ordnance.

Sure. You want to just have a little floating sun light source there or do you want us to literally construct you a room with some UV bulb lamps installed in it and then shove that room into the pocket dimension?
I think the former would be the least hassle while still working as expected. Unless there's some hidden complications such as the heat of the thing melting everything in front of the portal, I'll go with the fun-sized sun room. Call the it Solarium for pig Latin bonus points.

Also, team fund is giving 1 mind stim to Konrad for when he initiates Avatar first contact, but it's specifically for that, and nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:21:17 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #31466 on: June 04, 2016, 04:08:47 pm »

Go wherever I'm supposed to be to be a part of the Newbie mission.

((I'll save you some time and just say you should be in the Mission 26 thread.  Go post in there. You're mine, now.))

Sell Mk3a to armoury for 4 token unless someone ninja's in with a "buy Konrad's mk3a for 4 token" post, once complete put 30 tokens down on that sweet sweet aow robutt, equipped with avatarised PSL in one slot and a avatarised drone pallet/swarm in remaining slots. Get equipped, with 5 second reset handy in case of screw up during equip (give control of it to steve in case I don't hit it fast enough) and ship to M28

((Sorry to burst your bubble, Comrade, but AoWs cost fifty tokens.  Thirty tokens could get you a 2PEW assaultsuit, with some tokens to spare, though!))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31467 on: June 04, 2016, 04:34:53 pm »

(("down payment" sounds like he's worked out a deal with PeeDubs.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31468 on: June 04, 2016, 05:39:44 pm »

(("down payment" sounds like he's worked out a deal with PeeDubs.))
((Correct, started working it out around january and spent the last few days hashing it out with radio and pw due to complications))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #31469 on: June 04, 2016, 09:46:50 pm »

volunteer for supervet

If it's not too late, throw Lars on there.  Toaster is pretty behind, but Lars can make it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.