Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239127 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2012, 11:16:49 am »

I'll start without the branch then.

EDIT: Thinking about the race, I would like to sponsor Counselor Grimtoad, if an agreement can be reached, because (s)he seems to have the best module/hiccup set for this race. My starting offer is 2 coins up front, 2 for a first place, and 1 for second or third, with it changing to 3 for first, 2 for second, and 1 for 3rd for the next race(s) if Counselor Grimtoad wins.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:38:00 am by Chink »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2012, 11:53:12 am »

OOOK! Oook oook OOk!

Translation: MonkeyKong was overjoyed at the introduction of triple bananas. However, staying in his seat was probably going to be an issue if they appeared all over the track - running over them seemed just a waste.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2012, 11:57:06 am »

I'll start without the branch then.

EDIT: Thinking about the race, I would like to sponsor Counselor Grimtoad, if an agreement can be reached, because (s)he seems to have the best module/hiccup set for this race. My starting offer is 2 coins up front, 2 for a first place, and 1 for second or third, with it changing to 3 for first, 2 for second, and 1 for 3rd for the next race(s) if Counselor Grimtoad wins.
I think Sponsorships and such where only done between races. Monk might make an exception, though I doubt it. There isn't much for him to win in signing now.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2012, 12:18:26 pm »

Sponsorships are only between races? Scratch that, then.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »

Sponsorships are only between races? Scratch that, then.
I'm not sure. It might be so that that rule, like some other rules, only counts for NPC Sponsors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:04 pm »

The Koopa quirked a non-existent eyebrow. It was HIM! After all this time?

"Oomph remember...Mario lose Oomph's job many years ago!"

*flashback*

Name: Oomph
Bio: A former koopaball player who kicked out of the bowser leagues for falling in a pit chasing after Mario.

"Oomph takes revengeance today!" He vowed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2012, 12:32:41 pm »

Whups! Just realized I forgot to mention one of the rule changes.

Driving Aggressively now imposes a -1 penalty to Hazard Checks. So think carefully before driving recklessly through the waterfall!

May I start my own company?

Corporation name: HFS, inc.
CEO: Riras Nod, a.k.a "The Great Toad"

Description: A rather old company that specializes in extravagant circuses. Mostly famous for its clowns.

Spoiler: HFS Inc (click to show/hide)

And you're officially in. If FFS accepts your deal when he posts, I'll allow it since the delay in starting your Sponsor is partially my fault- in the future, you can't negotiate with people in the middle of a race.

((I think the HR is the line between corporations above and racers below.))

Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Visual organization for my sake- that is also the current up-to-date sponsor/racer info. I'll be posting it before and after every race.

"I, Vaati the Wind Mage, shall summon a high wind to blow these pitiful fools into the water!  Bwahahaha!"
Try ineffectually to whip up a hurricane.

[4] Vaati successfully fails at whipping up a hurricane! A cool, misty breeze refreshes the fans in the stands, providing a perfect balance to the warm sunshine- it's a great day for racing!

And we're just waiting on Phantom now, not that I'm likely to be available to update until tonight anyway.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2012, 12:44:59 pm »

Counselor Grimtoad retroactively accepts. There's no telling when Darvi's getting back.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »

HFS Inc- -2 Coin
Counselor Grimtoad- +2 Coin
HFS Inc- +2 Relationship -> Counselor Grimtoad

Bam, that's a job well done then! And yeah, dang, Darvi's been AWOL for a while now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:01 pm »

Which means Waluigi will take some more time to fail yet another roll.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 14, 2012, 01:25:23 pm »

Now that Race 2 is about to start, here's the final Roll Data from Race 1!

...Well, it's not too much more interesting.  King H dropped to unluckiest spot thanks to that last turn 1.  Kirby still finished with a perfect average 3.5, noting that I didn't count the d8 roll for the Hiccup.

Spoiler: Collected Data (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2012, 02:52:37 pm »

Hooray I'm supposedly perfectly average
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2012, 01:27:15 pm »

Yoshi Falls- Turn One

Start Your Engines!

ROCKET START!

"Where's my rocket boost button on this contraption? They didn't have these on the street cars!"

Grimtoad figures it out just as the green flag drops, [4] and bursts ahead with TWO Momentum!

Rocket Start

Captain Falcon salutes the cheering crowd before addressing his rivals!

"Show me your moves!"

[6] So saying, Captain Falcon demonstrates perfect Rocket Start technique, leaping ahead with THREE Momentum!

Bill searched the stands for any of his old friends, tapping his feet on the karts floor. Hearing the captains challenge while he prepares to start with a rocket burst, he grits his teeth and prepares to leave Falcon choking on his exhaust.

Bill grits his teeth at Falcon's cocky attitude, and charges his engines! [2] Unfortunately, he is unable to spark a burst, but his High Acceleration allows him to zip out of the starting gate at TWO Momentum!

Action: Rocket Start!
Rocket start

Oomph and Mario prepare for a Rocket Start, engines rumbling!

"Morituri Te Salutamus!"
"The correct quote is "Ave Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant. Using first person multiple implies royality. I'm a plumber, and even I know that."
"...you! Oomph remember... Mario lose Oomph's job many years ago! Oomph takes revengeance today!"

[6] Oomph's newfound determination fuels a spectacular Rocket Boost, and he flies forward with THREE Momentum! Mario, [1] befuddled by the crazy Koopa, forgets to shift into drive! The Kart sputters, spewing nasty black smoke, and he gains NO Momentum!

Quote from: Phantom of the Library
...establishing connection...

The Mysterious Mr. L plays it safe, scooting forward with ONE Momentum!

Tie-breaking

Captain Falcon is surprised to find his speed matched by the tenacious Oomph! [4]vs[6] He is more surprised when the Koopa performs a deft maneuver that slides him ahead with ONE Momentum! Oomph takes the lead!

Counselor Grimtoad is vying for third with Bill Ryzer! [3]vs[3] They butt heads, neither giving an inch, [6]vs[1] until Bill is forced to break off to avoid a crash with the group ahead! Bill Ryzer loses ONE Momentum, and Counselor Grimtoad gains ONE Momentum!

The Mysterious Mr. L is right behind Bill in Fifth Place!

Mario idly rolls onto the track with no momentum- he'll need to do some smart racing to make up lost ground!

THE RACE IS ON!

1st      2nd      3rd      4th      5th     6th
Spoiler: The Mysterious Mr. L (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Counselor Grimtoad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oomph (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bill Ryzer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mario (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Info (click to show/hide)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2012, 01:34:46 pm »

: "This is nothing! I've got a third-place lead, now I just need to see if I can pull past the people who'd take advantage of the bridgeless section..."

Power slide around the INSIDE (non-hazardous section) of the segment!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:45:03 pm by freeformschooler »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2012, 01:45:01 pm »

Captain Falcon was surprised by Oomph managing to cut ahead of him, but also respected the koopa for it. "I like the cut of your jib, turtle man, but let's see if you can handle this"

Powerslide in inner track

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 73