Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239118 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #360 on: May 15, 2012, 01:50:20 pm »

^Oomph need not be a non-nondescript green block. Resize, perhaps? :P

-------------

Oomph looked behind him-and saw all the other racers. He allowed himself a grin.

"Oomph am winning!"

He put his foot on the gas, hoping to outrun and pull ahead of his foes by pure tenacity.

Action: Drive Aggressively! Hit the inner path and dash panel
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2012, 02:04:26 pm »

Mamma Mia. Mario sended his slow vehicle in a sharp turn near the cliffs. "Alea Iacta est"

Powerslide inner track

((The last shall be the first))

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #362 on: May 15, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Kirby hangs out with Bradley in the pit lane.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 15, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »

Crank hops on to the mounting trend!

"Ubi sunt puellae?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 15, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »

Veni ad me, et ostendam te.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 15, 2012, 04:51:29 pm »

Bill grimaced, and quickly shot into a powerslide on the lower curve, aiming for the dash panel. "Damn it."

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 16, 2012, 07:25:38 am »

Ha, I've got the drop on you all! Now you've lowered your guards and THE GREEN THUNDER STRIKES LIKE LIGHTNING!!!

Drive Aggressively!

((Sorry about dissapearing))
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 16, 2012, 03:16:10 pm »

Yoshi Falls- Turn Two

1st      2nd      3rd      4th      5th     6th

Action Phase

Action: Drive Aggressively! Hit the inner path and dash panel

Oomph tries to speed away from the pack, [2] but his recklessness goes unrewarded- Oomph fails to gain Momentum, and takes a -1 penalty to Hazard checks as he enters the inner path!

Captain Falcon was surprised by Oomph managing to cut ahead of him, but also respected the koopa for it.
Powerslide in inner track

Captain Falcon is impressed by Oomph's quick start- perhaps these rookies have some skill after all!

"I like the cut of your jib, turtle man, but let's see if you can handle this!"

[1]+1 Unfortunately, his Kart is much different than his old F-Zero, and his lack of experience means he has to abandon the maneuver before he slides out of position!

Power slide around the INSIDE (non-hazardous section) of the segment!

Counselor Grimtoad's fears about his own inexpertise are allayed by the obvious struggles of the Karts ahead of him!

: "This is nothing! I've got a third-place lead, now I just need to see if I can pull past the people who'd take advantage of the bridgeless section..."

[2]+1 Regrettably, he can't quite ignite his engines, and like Captain Falcon he must abandon the slide before he drifts too far out of line.

Bill grimaced, and quickly shot into a powerslide on the lower curve, aiming for the dash panel. "Damn it."

[4]+1 Bill Ryzer's veteran instincts pay off, and he successfully Power Slides, gaining a +1 bonus on Passing Checks! His Momentum isn't high enough to let him make a move on Counselor Grimtoad, but at least he looks competent!

Drive Aggressively!

Ha, I've got the drop on you all! Now you've lowered your guards and THE GREEN THUNDER STRIKES LIKE LIGHTNING!!!

[3] The Green Thunder strikes like lighting- in the sense that lightning is a dangerous and undirected thing. He fails to make up any Momentum, and suffers a -1 penalty to Hazard Checks.

Powerslide inner track

Mario is quite encouraged- if everyone ahead is racing that poorly, it will be a cakewalk to catch up!

[1]+1 Apparently this powersliding thing is harder than it looks, and Mario also fails to spark his engines!

Movement Phase

Oomph hits the Dash Panel on the inside curve, gaining ONE Momentum! The speed boost gives him the opportunity to Pull Ahead, [3] but he can't quite separate from the pack!

Captain Falcon hits the Dash Panel on the inside curve, gaining ONE Momentum! Unfortunately, he isn't moving fast enough to overtake Oomph!

Counselor Grimtoad hits the Dash Panel on the inside curve, gaining ONE Momentum! He's just a breath behind Captain Falcon!

Bill Ryzer hits the Dash Panel on the inside curve, gaining ONE Momentum! He still doesn't have the Momentum to pass, however!

The Mysterious Mr. L takes the outside curve- he doesn't have the Momentum to pass Bill!

Mario hits the Dash Panel on the inside curve, gaining ONE Momentum! He doesn't have all that much Momentum to work with!

Cleanup Phase

Not much to talk about this time around, so I'll just remind you of your choice on the next segment- Outside has 3 Item Boxes at +2 to hit, first come first served, while the Inside has another Dash Panel but a waterfall Hazard, +2 to dodge. If y'all keep rolling that poorly, we may well have the chance to see how the Falling Back rules hold up.

LEADERBOARD

Spoiler: The Mysterious Mr. L (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Counselor Grimtoad (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Captain Falcon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Oomph (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bill Ryzer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mario (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Info (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 16, 2012, 03:30:20 pm »

Agresive driving, go for the Item crates.

(2 rolls: Average: 1)
((With that average I'm not planning to take risks.))
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 03:41:15 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 16, 2012, 03:40:10 pm »

(Turn two, in which nothing happens)

While not happy with his failure to power slide the cart, it was only a minor set back. He still had the whole race ahead of him. And if he could get one of those items, it could cement his victory!

Go outside lane, drive defensively
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:31:39 pm by Luke_Prowler »

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 16, 2012, 03:53:51 pm »

Agresive driving, go for the Item crates.

(2 rolls: Average: 1)
((With that average I'm not planning to take risks.))

Oh come on, what are the odds that you roll a 1 three times in a row? ...alright, don't answer that question.

I will note, you aggressive people, that the -1 Hazard penalty from Driving Aggressively does apply to trying to hit the Item Box. Which is still +1 to hit, just not the near-guarantee of +2.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 16, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »

Oh come on, what are the odds that you roll a 1 three times in a row? ...alright, don't answer that question.

1/6 to roll it the third time, 1/216 to actually roll it three times in a row!

An altogether boring turn, much like an early turn of the first race!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 16, 2012, 03:58:52 pm »

Peering down from his private booth The CEO sighed and shook his head. Did I make a mistake in thinking Mario could live up to his brother's excellent first showing? I suppose only time will tell.

Also, here's a picture for Mario that you can re-size.

Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 16, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

Bill weaves to the outer curve, going for the item boxes. "You're going down shroomy!" He cried as he tried to speed ahead.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 16, 2012, 05:21:06 pm »

Oomph snorted, his thoughts wandering to that pair of Hammer Sisters waving at him from the stands. Impressive set of hammers on them, he thought. Maybe he could meet them after the race!

...the race. He was racing!

He hurriedly turned the item boxes.

Action: Weave toward the item boxes! Defensive driving!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 73