Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239164 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 07:37:26 pm »

((Is the chain chomp impossible to hit, assuming 3 is a sucess? 1+2=3))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:45:00 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2012, 07:43:18 pm »

Alright, I'm going to start out by

Driving Aggressively

Here's hoping that my luck is a little better next turn. :/

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2012, 07:55:31 pm »

((Is the chain chomp impossible to hit, assuming 3 is a sucess? 1+2=3))

1-3 are Fail, 4-6 are Pass. It is impossible to hit if you Drive Defensively, though, since that will give you the extra +1 you need (assuming nothing untoward happens.)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:40 pm »

Emblem:

Drive aggressively to try and pull ahead!

Everyone loves to hate a good heel! OOOOAAAHHH HOH HOH HOH

EDIT: Actually... will the dash panels give me momentum before I make the roll to pull ahead? It would be a better idea to drive defensively if I'm going to get the pull ahead roll anyway.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:11:20 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2012, 08:15:25 pm »

Here we go, this is easier to visualize.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2012, 08:26:22 pm »

Drive aggressively!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2012, 08:27:05 pm »

Here we go, this is easier to visualize.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy cock, much better map is much better. I particularly like how the different shades of Purple/Blue indicate the split. I'm so very glad you're looking at this thread.

Emblem:

Actually... will the dash panels give me momentum before I make the roll to pull ahead? It would be a better idea to drive defensively if I'm going to get the pull ahead roll anyway.

Yes, the Movement Phase goes Course Features(Chain Chomps, Dash Panels, whatever) -> Position Change (Pulling Ahead, Passing, Falling Back) -> Cleanup Phase. So you'll hit the Dash Panels which will give you the 4 Momentum you need to Pull Ahead, and if you are successful you'll Pull Ahead to the Purple segment and drop to 1 Momentum. If you Drive Aggressively you could have higher Momentum going into the Pull Ahead check, which would make it easier to get back up to speed. Defensive Driving obviously makes it easier to keep Link from passing you so you can make the Pull Ahead check in the first place.

See, this game isn't way too complicated at all! And emblem retroactively added!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:33 pm »

Oh, one more thing. If one player pulls ahead and is in the next segment, are they still the only one able to pull ahead (being in first place)? Can you only pull ahead once, or does it (gasp) stack?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

Starting the race is a special turn all its own. Players start with Zero Momentum, and the only action Players can choose to attempt is a Rocket Start. A Rocket Start is a special instance of a Racing Check- players who succeed on a Rocket Start receive +2 Momentum, Players who critically fail receive no Momentum, and players who choose not to risk it or who otherwise fail to succeed gain +1 Momentum. Players are ranked by their Momentum, and ties are broken by opposed Racing Checks.

Since I threw a 5, shouldn't I have 2+1 = 3 momentum, putting me in the leader group?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »

Starting the race is a special turn all its own. Players start with Zero Momentum, and the only action Players can choose to attempt is a Rocket Start. A Rocket Start is a special instance of a Racing Check- players who succeed on a Rocket Start receive +2 Momentum, Players who critically fail receive no Momentum, and players who choose not to risk it or who otherwise fail to succeed gain +1 Momentum. Players are ranked by their Momentum, and ties are broken by opposed Racing Checks.

Since I threw a 5, shouldn't I have 2+1 = 3 momentum, putting me in the leader group?

...dammit, I got distracted by the 6's of the Hyrulian Hijinks. I went back and fixed it- your 5 was no longer rolled against Fox, and instead was rolled against Harkinian and Link- since it's higher than both of them, you are our new leader! Hooray for the Mushroom Kingdom Retconjurers!

Oh, one more thing. If one player pulls ahead and is in the next segment, are they still the only one able to pull ahead (being in first place)? Can you only pull ahead once, or does it (gasp) stack?

Pulling Ahead only checks if there is anyone ahead of you in the segment- so, if Toaster Pulls Ahead, and you are in Second with 4 Momentum, you could try to Pull Ahead and keep up with him. You can Pull Ahead multiple times, and if it's easier to do than I think it is the folks behind you will start getting bonuses on their Item Rolls based on how far ahead you are. All part of the fun of participating in the shakedown race!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:06 pm »

Woo!  Go team Gloomba!

Take the outer loop to hit the dash panels and Drive Defensively to Pull Ahead!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 09:24:18 pm »

Well, then, I'm definitely driving offensively.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2012, 09:25:56 pm »

Well, then, I'm definitely driving offensively.
Drive aggressively!
Driving Aggressively

This is gonna be a bloodbath.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2012, 09:27:46 pm »

This is gonna be a bloodbath.
OOOOAAAHHH HOH HOH HOH
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2012, 09:39:15 pm »

Wait until people have a head of steam and decide to start ramming one another. Karts will spin, mark my words!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 73