Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239173 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #900 on: July 26, 2012, 01:04:26 pm »

The CEO stood up, a small smile playing across his face. Not a win, by any stretch of imagination, but acceptable. Made so much sweeter by that horrible skeleton koopa finishing in last place. Of course now he'd have to keep an eye on their operation a bit closer. They were bound to try and drag his name through the mud now. Preparations must be made! Turning, he swept out of the room and stepped on through the portal leading home, aides and junior executives following like leaves in the wind.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:21 pm »

Minor bump, let's hear the post game wrap-up here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 30, 2012, 10:29:23 pm »

Monk got hit by one too many Blue Shells and is now in Mario Kart Rehab.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 30, 2012, 11:04:07 pm »

I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime! But yeah, mostly I've been working a lot, hence a general absence from the forums. I'll get my shit together shortly here.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: August 02, 2012, 12:07:34 am »

As a sort of bump, here's a map I'm working on:

It's based off of Port Town I, four segments with the race starting at the top left corner going clockwise. Currently trying to figure out what each segment's bonuses would be (there's power panels and rought terrain on segment one, a jump on two, magnets on the diagonal straight away in 3, and the fourth is plain, if you guys want to make suggestions)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:19 pm »

Hello racing fans, and welcome to this special MSN Post-Race Report! I'm Jim!
And I'm Bob!
And we're the Lakitu Brothers!
Reporting live from the winner's podium here on Rainbow Road, where we've just seen Crank turn in the performance of the season!
That's right Jim! Once again, Crank had a strong start, and never fell lower than third place on his way to being the most decorated racer in the league with two wins to his name! An overall dominating performance, despite taking damage early in the race.
Beside him on the winner's podium is Zelda, who laid on the gas after a slow finish saw her trailing to the rear of the pack, and took a commanding grip on second place throughout the second lap! The only racer on the track without a sponsor, she figures to be receiving some lucrative offers in the coming weeks before the next Season of the Prix!
Luigi rounds out our top three, who despite struggling through much of the race managed to pull off a late charge, falling short of the frontrunners but leading the rest of the field across the finish line!
Captain Falcon, the Mysterious Mr. L, and Dry Bones all fell prey to the unprecedented difficulty of the course and the ingenuity of their fellow drivers- this will be a tough loss to stomach for drivers accustomed to success!
True story, Jim! The Mysterious Mr. L is bankrupt- his Sponsor, Nightmare Enterprises, is expected to cover his next race, but it's sure to have an adverse affect on their relationship!
He's still better off than Dry Bones, who is expected to be sponsorless after losing to their hated rival, Silph Co!
On a related note, allegations that Dry Bones hit the course with an illegally modified Kart were proven false upon post-race inspection. A representative from Team Rocket called the allegations "vicious, malicious slander," before inadvertently revealing that he wished they'd thought of it first.
Besides, if they had gone to the trouble of cheating, you'd think they'd have finished better!
Ha! True story, Jim. Now approaching the podium is the Commissioner of the Mushroom Kart League, accompanied by guest speaker and representative of the Royal House of the Mushroom Kingdom, Princess Peach Toadstool!
On behalf of the MKL Commissioner and the racing fans of the Mushroom Kingdom, we are pleased to present Crank the Gloomba with the Star Cup in recognition of his performance here today. Your tenacity in the face of adversity is an inspiration to us all!

sparkly noises!

And salutations to all the racers who competed so fiercely this season!

END SEASON ONE
Crank +9 Coin, +4 Fame, +9 Points, +1 Cup
Zelda +4 Coin, +2 Fame, +7 Points
Luigi +3 Coin, +5 Points
MML +3 Points
Captain Falcon +1 Point
Nookington's Department Store +5 Coin, +10 Prestige
Silph Co +4 Coin
HFS Inc +6 Coin
Nightmare Enterprises +5 Coin
Team Rocket +3 Coin
Rez Media, Diamond Software +2 Coin
WaluigiWare, Koopa Korp, Hocotate Freight, Lakitu Travel, Pappy's Pizza +1 Coin

Spoiler: Chink- HFS Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Theodolus- Silph Co (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nightmare Enterprises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Rocket (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rez Media Corporation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diamond Software (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darvi- Waluigiware Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Koopa Korporation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hocotate Freight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lakitu Travel Agency (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pappy's Pizza (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phantom of the Library (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Luke_Prowler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dirg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scelly9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 10ebbor10 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Remalle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spinal_Taper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MonkeyHead (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: freeformscholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: wsoxfan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Alchemist (click to show/hide)

ALRIGHTY THEN! Books should be balanced, so in the next few days here I'll be processing what all the NPC Sponsors do during the offseason, which will last until I'm caught up on everyone's actions.

At this point, I will note a meta-rules change: Fame and Prestige decay at the rate of 1 point for every season beyond the date it was earned. For example, Nookington's sponsored the first race for 2 Prestige- after the first race of next season, it will only be worth 1 Prestige, and after the first race of season three it will be worth nothing. It's intended as something of a throttle on Coin gain, and puts more focus on Drivers performing well.

And now, a brief format debate. Currently MKL can only support 18 unique racers per season (which I figured would be enough given the scary wall of text in the OP,) but we're now at 20. Rather than have two racers sit out until the season after, I'm strongly leaning towards adding another Race to the Prix. The upside is that everyone will get a chance to race and qualify for the Cup (some will get two chances!) while the downside is that it will take more realtime to get to the next Cup. I'd like to hear your thoughts though, so let me know what you think! Once a decision is made I'll reveal the seeding for next season (at this point, assume the guidelines in the OP are inaccurate, since they'll change even if we keep the current format.)

I think that covers everything I was gonna say for this update, so I'll see you shortly for offseason shenanigans!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:39:36 pm by monk12 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: August 02, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »

Crank balances the trophy on his head as he thanks the crowd at the podium and Nookington's, as well as congratulating the other racers.

He is seen later leaving the race track in the company of two Gloomba females.

Would it affect GM sanity to allow more than six racers in the Comeback Open?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: August 02, 2012, 01:54:10 pm »

I don't mind the addition of another race or letting more racers into a single race, but it might be better to let everyone sound off for the next season first, to see how many active racers we have.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: August 02, 2012, 02:06:45 pm »

"Oook Oook!" - I am still in, and the more players the merrier, if you can cope with the extra hassle.
This is a blank sig.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: August 02, 2012, 02:07:18 pm »

Ayup.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: August 02, 2012, 02:27:59 pm »

Dry Bones standing by. I would prefer an extra racer added to races or certain races, but no complaints about an extra race.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: August 02, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »

I'm fine with an extra race.

And while I'm here...

Fix that kart!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: August 02, 2012, 03:13:46 pm »

A chance to qualify? I'm so in!

However, if the chance will be given out fairly and equally (no separation from previous race results), then I hope you can handle all this, monk. :P

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: August 02, 2012, 05:44:37 pm »

Captain Falcon said nothing as he pulled into the pit, and yet he did not seem angry. While his run for the cup has be shattered, he was still there and still willing to fight. There would be next year.

I'm still in. I'd suggest more racers per race, but another race wouldn't hurt (not me, anyway)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: August 02, 2012, 05:52:54 pm »

If you do another race and need racers, I'll drop in.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 06:13:42 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 73