Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 237679 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:49:24 pm »

Kart Racing was once merely one sport among many in the Mushroom Kingdom, but in recent years it has exploded in popularity. Globalization of the sport has drawn involvement from many different corporations seeking to put their product before the greatest number of viewers. The sponsorship deals resulting from increased corporate involvement have greatly fueled the growth of the sport, allowing races to be conducted more frequently in ever more exotic locales. However, competition between the different sponsorship groups has greatly complicated the races and opened the door for involvement by criminal syndicates such as Team Rocket or the infamous Bounty Hunter's Guild.

All of this extracurricular activity has made the lives of the drivers more difficult. Few drivers can afford to pay the bills purely on the strength of their winnings. Drivers that accept sponsorship deals receive another source of income, but are held to higher standards, and may be required to perform flashy maneuvers in the middle of a race to boost ratings even in defiance of tactical sense. Drivers who agree to drive for Team Rocket or other shadowy organizations may find themselves required to perform... less than legal activities on the track. Drivers strapped for cash are often approached by the Bounty Hunter's Guild, who always have an underhanded mission to perform on behalf of the quarreling sponsorship groups. Bribery and corruption is rampant in the Prix, but the show must go on!

Spoiler: The Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Turn Phases (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kart Damage (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grand Prix (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Design (click to show/hide)

Did you survive the wall o' text? If you want in, go ahead and claim your Character and create a Kart! As stated above, you have 5 Coin to spend on Modules, and you are certainly free to ride a vanilla Kart and add to it later (or never.) You can also design your own emblem to represent your character- 50x50 is the size I use in-race, so I'd appreciate it if your logo at least had a square aspect ratio. As a rookie, you'll be in the next available Underdog Open. If you'd like to claim a Sponsor, the list of current Sponsors is under the Lists tab below.

Here we go!

Spoiler: Race 1- Kirby Rally (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lists (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fan Art (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:38:51 pm by monk12 »

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »

Claiming spot on the next race , darn all ye pre-ins!
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:02:57 pm »

Oh, no spots. :\

Oh, well.

Sometimes I wish I would be that good enough to have a full pre-in list ...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 03:05:55 pm »

Trying the Roller's Block usuallysometimes makes for full pre-in lists.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:08:04 pm »

Yeah.

Y'all know my opinion on this, so I'll spare you from a wall of profanities.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 03:13:49 pm »

I'm under the impression you can join up as sponsors, and that there will be multiple races going at the same time.

Also, going with Mario as a character, because I really don't know much nintendo franchises.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 03:14:16 pm »

Yeah but what's the fun in that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 03:16:06 pm »

Yeah but what's the fun in that.
Complots, intriges. Getting players to kill each other/ ragequit to make place for yourself.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 03:17:11 pm »

I have read Roller's Block, thank you very much.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 03:32:32 pm »

I claim my Mii.

((Failing that, remove the Ex from my name))
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »

Yeah.

Y'all know my opinion on this, so I'll spare you from a wall of profanities.
Trying the Roller's Block usuallysometimes makes for full pre-in lists.

Indeed, most of the people who pre-in'd were people who were helping me hash out the idea in the Rollers Block thread in the first place. That said, each race features a (mostly) new lineup of players- in essence, each Prix is a competition of ~18 different drivers trying to qualify for the lucrative Cup race. Supposedly, the three races are structured to get the maximum number of players involved- we'll see if I have to tweak it, but I think the Comeback Open should catch anyone who falls through the cracks. And since this is the inaugural Prix, each race will feature a completely unique lineup, assuming I have that many players entered in the Rankings.

So hey, if you want to play, roll a character and you'll probably see as much playtime as anyone else. And if you just want to heckle, that's fine too. First race will get underway once we've got everyone posted in this thread- if I don't hear from people in ~24 hours they lose their pre-in.

EDIT: Also, Phantom of the Library, if you want to claim a particular character feel free. It doesn't really matter apart from fluff and funny pictures, but hey, you can snag one as soon as you claim a spot in the Rankings.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:49:01 pm by monk12 »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 04:06:59 pm »

Racer: King Harkinian
Module: Rubber Band Forward
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 05:11:59 pm »

Racer: Bill Ryzer
Module: High Acceleration
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:12:06 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 05:33:04 pm »

Oh, waiting list me. I got the perfect char. :P

*Oomph is the Koopa. Cutely fanged ghost to the upper left is Bradely, Oomphs public relations manager. He really has his work cut out for him these days...

Player: Dwarmin
Racer: Oomph
Module: (None)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:37:48 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 06:02:04 pm »

Gatleos
King Harkinian
Module Benefit- Rubber Band Forward
Module Hiccup- Faulty Weapons

Faulty Weapons is the debuff version of Dirty Weapons, the principle difference being that it cannot be suppressed. If the effect triggers you'll lose 1 Fame and get fined 2 Coin (this fine increases for repeat offenders.) You can race with it, but it's a risk, especially since you don't have any bribe money. Note that you can decide whether or not to install a given Module on a race-by-race basis.

Welcome to the party, Dwarmin and Spinal_Taper (and huzzah Oomph!) Your spot is reserved for the next race, but the Modules you have selected cost 5 Coin. Buying them would immediately bankrupt you, since you wouldn't be able to pay the 1 Coin entrance fee. Since that's a Game Over at this point, you should select another Module or save up a little.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 73