Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 240700 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2012, 11:55:50 pm »

I also vote for Fox, because he is a traumatized badass.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2012, 12:29:55 am »

Continue awesome powerslides! (ON OUTSIDE)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2012, 01:57:34 am »

Harkinian's eyes bulge out of his head, and he throws back his head in laughter!
"OOOAAAHHHH HOH HOH HOH HOH HOH!"
As he does so he imagines his meteoric rise to fame in the form of an inner monologue!
<At last! The fame, the fortune, the women, the banquets, the POWER!!! It will all be mine once more! That boi Link and those damned plumbers took everything away from me, and now I'm going to win it back! They will all grovel at my feet, the feet of the KING OF THE KARTS!!!>
[/mysterious_motives]

Release the kraken blooper! Drive aggressively through the inner loop for mad items!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2012, 04:06:09 am »

Fox McCloud's medication-clouded eyes widened as he passed the line into the final lap, and the knowledge that this was it cut through his sedative haze like a beamsword through tofu and spurred him into action. He tightened his iron grip on the wheel and swung his rickety, secondhand 'craft' into a sharp bank around the curve.
He had to win this! He had to! Otherwise, he'd never be able to pay off his debts and get the Arwing back...

Fuelled by grim determination, Fox will Powerslide 'round the inside!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2012, 04:11:58 am »

Screw everything, HIT THAT PEDAL, FIRE THAT SHELL, DO SOME OTHER STUFF
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2012, 06:46:11 am »

The final lap proceeding, Luigi focused on the kart ahead of him, ignoring the deranged king's calls for toast echoing from behind.

Come on, just one more lap... Just normal driving aggressively doesn't seem to work here, the course isn't complicated enough...

Aim for the dash panels, and hit a power slide.

(Also, favorite character would definitely have to be Fox. The traumatized veteran idea is pulled off rather nicely.)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2012, 12:17:24 pm »

Bill winced as he saw Fox spin out. "Fox! Conquer your fears!"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2012, 01:51:49 pm »

"Ook Ook Ook!"

MonkeyKong was enjoying the close race, despite a lack of bananas.
This is a blank sig.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2012, 04:06:26 pm »

Speaking as a sponsor with no racer yet, I have to say that my favorite character on the track today is Fox as well.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »

Yeah, going to have to say Fox is my favorite at this time as well. Or Luigi. I've always liked Luigi :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2012, 10:12:58 pm »

Luigi Circuit- Turn Ten
1st      2nd      3rd      4th      5th     6th
Player Action

Continue awesome powerslides! (ON OUTSIDE)

Crank drifts toward the Outside of the track, [3]+1 and successfully Power Slides, gaining a +1 on Pass Checks!

Aim for the dash panels, and hit a power slide.

"Come on, just one more lap... Just normal driving aggressively doesn't seem to work here, the course isn't complicated enough... why'd they have to name it after ME?!?"

Luigi follows Crank's lead towards the Dash Panels, [1]+1 but he fails to ignite his engines for a Power Slide and a pass attempt!

Release the kraken blooper! Drive aggressively through the inner loop for mad items!

Harkinian's eyes bulge out of his head, and he throws back his head in laughter!

As he does so he imagines his meteoric rise to fame in the form of an inner monologue!

<At last! The fame, the fortune, the women, the banquets, the POWER!!! It will all be mine once more! That boi Link and those damned plumbers took everything away from me, and now I'm going to win it back! They will all grovel at my feet, the feet of the KING OF THE KARTS!!!>
"Eh? What was that?"
"You can't hear that, mah boi! The angle brackets mean it's an inner monologue, not dialogue!"
"What angle brackets? What are you talking about!?!"

King Harkinian drives aggressively towards the inner path and its Item Boxes, [6] expertly toeing the line and gaining THREE Momentum! He releases the Blooper, which once again spurts Ink over each and every Driver!

Screw everything, HIT THAT PEDAL, FIRE THAT SHELL, DO SOME OTHER STUFF

Kirby's little pink face contorts in rage!

"FIRE EVERYTHING!"

His Red Shell zips forward, [5]+3vs[3] slamming into the side of King Harkinian's Kart! He flips, losing TWO Momentum! Kirby follows up by slamming on the gas, Driving Aggressively [2]-1 but skids into the grass, losing ONE Momentum!

It appears I am blind.  :P

Draft! Use Boo! Steal Item!

Link sends forth BOO, gaining ONE Momentum, becoming Incorporeal (which cures his Ink problem) and stealing an item- unluckily, Fox is the only one with an item, and his Thunderbolt transfers to Link's Kart! Link Drafts behind Kirby's Kart, and when he catches the grass Link makes his move! [5]+6vs[3]+2 He succeeds, losing ONE Momentum and claiming Fourth, one position away from the money!

Fox McCloud's medication-clouded eyes widened as he passed the line into the final lap, and the knowledge that this was it cut through his sedative haze like a beamsword through tofu and spurred him into action. He tightened his iron grip on the wheel and swung his rickety, secondhand 'craft' into a sharp bank around the curve.
He had to win this! He had to! Otherwise, he'd never be able to pay off his debts and get the Arwing back...

Fuelled by grim determination, Fox will Powerslide 'round the inside!

Fox is cut to the quick as he enters the last lap, flying onto the RED section of the track in last place. Last! Not second, not even placing... if he can't even get back his investment in this race, he'll lose everything. He can't- he won't let that happen!

Fox cuts into a Powerslide, [4]+1 and bursts ahead with +1 on Pass Attempts and an opportunity to move past Kirby! [2]+2+1vs[4]+2 Frustratingly, his lack of track awareness prevents him from passing the incensed Kirby! So little race left!

Movement Phase

Crank's Powerslide brings him [6]+2 safely past the Chain Chomp to the Dash Panels, granting him ONE Momentum, clearing his windshield of Ink and giving him the boost he needs to Pull Ahead again! [5] WITH GUSTO, he succeeds, flying around the bend and through GREEN- he loses THREE MOMENTUM from pulling ahead, but gets one back from the Dash Panels on Green! Crank is entering BLUE FOR THE WIN!

Luigi [2]+2 manages to abort his Power Slide early enough to avoid a collision with the Chain Chomp and hits the Dash Panels for ONE Momentum, losing the Ink and attempts to keep pace with Crank! [5]-1 HE DOES SO, following Crank's pell-mell dash to the finish line- he loses THREE MOMENTUM from pulling ahead, but gets one back from the Dash Panels on GREEN! Luigi will be challenging Crank in the final curve for the prized position in victory lane!

King Harkinian [6]+2 easily evades the Chain Chomp, but he lacks the Momentum to try and Pull Ahead! He aims for the Item Boxes, hoping to find the means to stay in the race!

Link hits the Dash Panel in RED, gaining ONE Momentum and losing the Ink! The speed burst gives him the opportunity to Pull Ahead, [6] and he gets the opportunity, pulling into PURPLE [1]+2 and fortunately driving straight through the Chain Chomp due to his Incorporeality! His Pull Ahead Attempt SUCCEEDS and he loses TWO Momentum as he zips through the inner path of PURPLE. He looks to challenge his King for a share of the purse and a place on the podium!

Kirby hits the Dash Panel in RED, gaining ONE Momentum and losing the Ink! Unfortunately, his Momentum isn't high enough to chase after Link!

Fox McCloud hits the Dash Panel in RED, gaining ONE Momentum and losing the Ink! Unfortunately, his Momentum isn't high enough to challenge Kirby for Fifth!

Cleanup Phase

Harkinian aims for an Item Box on his way through PURPLE, [5]+1 and easily takes one, [1]+2+1 and gets YET ANOTHER BLOOPER! His visage is terrible to behold, even more so than normal!

Link needs no item, already having a Thunderbolt in his inventory!

Drivers Cross the Finish Line when they finish their Movement Phase in BLUE.

LEADERBOARD
Spoiler: King Harkinian (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kirby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Luigi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Link (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fox McCloud (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Course Info (click to show/hide)

"Ook Ook Ook!"

MonkeyKong was enjoying the close race, despite a lack of bananas.

Indeed, there is a decided lack of bananas and fake item boxes on this course. I think after this race, I'll be dropping the Boo and padding another Banana on the bottom. Possibly two, although that would make it near impossible to get a Thunderbolt without being waaaay behind. Something I'll be pondering.

And before anyone asks, yes, I'll be taking another look at the Pulling Ahead rules as well. It's a bit too easy right now.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 06, 2012, 10:15:52 pm »

Use item! Drive aggressively!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 06, 2012, 10:24:51 pm »

((Hrm, what would happen if I used my thunderbolt, also? Whose would hit first?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 06, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »

I think Fox should be awarded that popularity prize. Most votes went to him, and I guess Harkinian hit second.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:11 pm »

Eat my dust, Mr. Green!

Defensive driving around the outside!  Don't let him get a chance to pass!

And before anyone asks, yes, I'll be taking another look at the Pulling Ahead rules as well. It's a bit too easy right now.

It could be an artifact of the high speed of this course- generally, the three lost momentum should delay any further attempts, but it's practically gotten back as soon as you pull ahead here.  Perhaps a limit to how far ahead one can pull?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73