Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 239108 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »

Kirby goes off and cries in a corner.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2012, 03:21:29 pm »

Score one for team Mushroom Kingdom Wars!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2012, 03:26:05 pm »

I just realised I actually lost because of that last roll. I get one point, but I lose a coin and either pay up 3 more or have to forfeit any chance of getting a star, while Yoink will probably recover his losses from audience vote. Basically, I'm screwed.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2012, 03:56:02 pm »

"Bahahahaha!  I, the Wind Mage Vaati, shall have my revenge on Link soon!
"Wait... or Zelda, that works too."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2012, 04:17:01 pm »

Meanwhile...

Oomph was exiting to the parking lot, cleaving a path through the crowd with his club.

"Out of Oomphs way! Excusing! Watch out for club!"

*smack, biff, pow*

As he reached the street (he had to wait for the Lakitu cloud-bus) and looked both ways, he heard an off sound. It was...a Kart! Oomph scratched his head. Weren't all the Karts behind him? Hmm.

The bright green Kart (which looked like it had been destroyed and rebuilt multiple times) rolled to a stop right beside him. Bizarrely, the driver was...Oomph. Albiet, with a long a white beard and an old cracked shell covered in large bandages. And he had an eyepatch. Hmm.

Oomph waved to Oomph. "Um, hello Oomph? I am Oomph!"

"Blockhead, me not Oomph! Me future Oomph!"

Oomph (the younger one) nodded, not understanding and not caring.

"Take Kart young Oomph-win races. Only advice!

Seeing? Future Oomph-me-failed to win, found way back in time with awesome back-time going machine, which I stole myself, or, ourselves. Future Oomph was given Kart from future-old Oomph, who also failed, and Future-Old Oomph also implied, that Old-Future-Old Oomph lost the same. Right?"

Oomph (the younger one) nodded, smiling. He was going to get a Kart!

"Thanking Old Oomph for Kart. Any tips?"

Old Oomph scratched his chin, and Young Oomph copied him.

"...watch out for walls. Hmm, nothing more important..Oh yeah, keep friend Bradely from being sucked into vacuum by ghost-snatchers on his unhappy birthday. Very sad, could not even eat cake after. 'Kay?"

The Old Oomph jumped out of the kart, tossing Young Oomph the keys (and a sack containing a small book, and more coins than he had ever had). With that, he stumbled off into the distance-vanishing in a moment into the dusk light, quite heroically.

Young Oomph almost instantly forgot whatever he had been told, it was all quite over his head. After all, he had a Kart of his own! He hopped in and opened the sack. The book was called "Sports Almanac of the 1st season of the new MKGP-wins and losses, upsets and fan favorites". Strangely, It was dated for *next* year. Hmm. That couldn't help him *now*!

Oomph threw it over his shoulder and drove off, looking for a parking lot to practice power sliding on.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2012, 05:06:14 pm »

Bill stood up in the stand upon hearing the results. "Well that's a shame.". Quickly, he descended the stairs, looking for the way out. "Huh... Fox might need some help. It may not prove well to have the only veteran in the race be batshit insane.". Then, he decided, he was going to join the league.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »

"What?!?! The race is already over!" Db yelled from the trash can as his body finally stumbled over to retrieve his head from under all of the disposed napkins covered in ink. Letting out a small growl as he reattached his head to his body, he retrieved a rag from his torso compartment area and began trying to clean the gunk off his binoculars while watching some of the highlights from the race.(Would it be possible for me to transfer 1 coin from my character to exkirby?)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2012, 05:40:26 pm »

Counselor Grimtoad was fast at adjusting to new situations, warped and confusing as they may be. After being brought from his world by the modern-day Mushroom Kingdom's Transportalagicians, he quickly picked up street racing in these newfangled karts to gain enough coin to survive. Eventually learning of the Kingdom's most loved kart racing league, he knew he had to join. His race was second in Yoshi Falls - the kind of thick, concealing terrain he was used to. Driving it on kart, though, would be a different experience altogether...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:11:31 pm by freeformschooler »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2012, 07:24:40 pm »

"Oh no... Oh no... Now I've done it."
Fox sat on the side of his stationary kart, hanging his head and cursing his luck.
"That was my chance, my last chance..." He trailed off, a bit choked-up. It was his last chance to get the arwing back, to pay off the loansharks and to finally make something of himself again. Now he was, in a word, screwed.
"Well, at least things can't get any worse..."

>Attempt to bum some money for booze off someone outside the stadium.
>If successful, head to liquor store, buy a large bottle of Old-style Fire Flower whiskey, wrap it in a brown paper bag and then drink it as I watch my kart reposessed.

((:P Gosh, those were some bad rolls!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »

Bill saw Fox outside of the stadium, begging for money. He approached him, and said "Fox. You're a veteran. You've been through worse, and so have I."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2012, 09:11:09 pm »

...and although doctors are pessimistic, Princess Daisy is confident she can recover in time for Mushroom Kingdom Tennis Semifinals.
Best of luck to her. Now, we go the Mushroom Kart League, where sources are reporting that Link and the Koopa Korporation have reached terms on a sponsorship deal!
The deal is reported to be worth a 1 Coin signing bonus, and 1 Coin for every top 3 finish for the life of the contract.
Not a bad deal for a third place finish- Koopa Korp saw something they liked in that race.
You said it, Jim! We've also gotten word that Silph Co and Team Rocket are both aggressively pursuing Drivers, while WaluigiWare and Rez Media Corporation are both exploring the options available before the next race.
This just in- we've received word from sources within the Rocket Organization that Counselor Grimtoad has turned down an offer to join them!
They can't be happy about that! In other news, sources within the MKL have reported that Nightmare Enterprises has opened the bidding on sponsorship of the next race! Sponsors who want to sponsor that race will need to place a bid of 7 Coin or higher to outbid them.
We'll have more on this story as it develops. Now, from the Sarasaland Golf Association we've just learned...

Koopa Korp -1 Coin
Scelly9 +1 Coin
Koopa Korp +2 Relationship -> Link
Team Rocket -1 Relationship -> Counselor Grimtoad

Clicking the name of a Sponsor/Driver Relationship links to the page detailing terms of their contract. Sponsors who want to sponsor the next race may bid publicly or via PM, and I'll take this opportunity to tell everyone to VOTE DRIVER OF THE DAY. Drivers from the last race are disqualified, as are Sponsors since they have a vested interest in increasing the Fame of their drivers. Everybody else, cast a ballot!

I've also added to the Fan Art section, as freeformscholar's refusal of Team Rocket was accompanied by some nifty artwork (IMO, anyhow.)

"Oh no... Oh no... Now I've done it."
Fox sat on the side of his stationary kart, hanging his head and cursing his luck.
"That was my chance, my last chance..." He trailed off, a bit choked-up. It was his last chance to get the arwing back, to pay off the loansharks and to finally make something of himself again. Now he was, in a word, screwed.
"Well, at least things can't get any worse..."

>Attempt to bum some money for booze off someone outside the stadium.
>If successful, head to liquor store, buy a large bottle of Old-style Fire Flower whiskey, wrap it in a brown paper bag and then drink it as I watch my kart reposessed.

((:P Gosh, those were some bad rolls!))

N.B- you do have 1 Coin left, so while you're likely done for the season you're not quite at the Kart Repoman stage. You can still get thoroughly smashed if you want to.

"What?!?! The race is already over!" Db yelled from the trash can as his body finally stumbled over to retrieve his head from under all of the disposed napkins covered in ink. Letting out a small growl as he reattached his head to his body, he retrieved a rag from his torso compartment area and began trying to clean the gunk off his binoculars while watching some of the highlights from the race.(Would it be possible for me to transfer 1 coin from my character to exkirby?)

You certainly can, if you'd like. Give a shout and I'll make it official.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2012, 09:53:32 pm »

Wait, where are the Sponsor/driver relationship links to click?

Anyway, my vote's still on King Harkinian.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2012, 10:32:40 pm »

Alright, toss a coin at kirby mistaking him for one of those modern art water fountains, and give a coin to fox, mistaking him for one of the many homeless vets scattered around this once great kingdom. Only if they want to take it though. Also votes still Harkinian, just look how shiny his face made those floors! You can see his face in them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2012, 11:01:19 pm »

Crank pours a glass of champagne out for Luigi.

"Great race, there!  Have a drink and let's celebrate!  Looking forward to racing you in the Star Cup!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

I vote for Fox if there is a popularity contest. He needs his booze, man.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73