Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 73

Author Topic: Mario Kart Grand Prix- Season Two Underway  (Read 237698 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Kart Grand Prix
« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

The Mysterious Mr. L looked down over the falls, his majestic moustache swaying in the breeze. 

Soon this course would be his.  Well not his, but the position in the race that would be considered most desirable would be.  That would be first place, not last or something like that. People might consider last place to be the best for him, but he wasn't listening to them, they were all out to get him.  It was obvious from the way they tried to associate him with that idiot Luigi, there was absolutely no similarity between them.  None at all.  Besides the moustace, the color scheme, the face, hieght...

He shut himself up.

Then, cape and moustache swaying majestically in the breeze, he strode away into the shadows.   

His time would come soon.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #331 on: May 12, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

((If someone rolls an item problem as their hiccup, I'll pay them a coin for it. Maybe 2 if it's a good one.))

Kirby felt a bit sorry for Fox. Sure, Kirby mathematically lost the race, but he felt a bit mean for dropping his Bom-Omb right in front of Fox. And Kirby doesn't get maths. Still, the litttle brain in Kirby's head knew enough of emotion to feel empathy, and so he resigned himself to-WHOA. Somebody in a kart nearly rammed Kirby by accident while he was crossing the road. But that wasn't anybody's near miss.

That was Fox.

Kirby decided that he was going to help Fox. He didn't know what he was going to help with nor how he was going to help, but Kirby just doesn't take no for an answer.

Go and help Fox with something.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 13, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

Hello Racing Fans, and welcome to this special pregame edition of the Mushroom Sports Network, presented by Nightmare Enterprises! Reporting live from lovely Yoshi Island, I'm Jim!
And I'm Bob!
And we're the Lakitu brothers!
Why don't we start with the new rules recently approved by the League Competition Committee, Bob?
Responding to a flood of anonymous mail demanding an increase in Bananas, MKL has removed the Boo and added the Triple Banana!
In a broader sense, the rules governing how Dragged Items operate have also been tweaked. Dragged Items are automatically dragged, and drivers who Spin Out or Flip while dragging an item drop the item on the track as a Hazard.
The Fake Item Box does not grant the Dodge Bonus against Shell attacks.
The Triple Red Shell has been replaced by the Triple Green Shell, and it has been made slightly more common than the Blue Shell.
It isn't all Item box rules though, Jim! Pulling Ahead now requires 5 Momentum, and costs 4 Momentum on a success. Drivers who fail to Pull Ahead because they hit a Hazard do not need to navigate that Hazard again, except in certain course-specific instances.
Conversely, Drivers who Fall Back have their Momentum set to 3, not 2.
Drivers who initiate a Ram do not lose 1 Momentum on a success- they still lose Momentum as normal for passing.
And finally, the Competition Committee bowed to common sense in allowing the Race to end during the Cleanup Phase, not the Movement Phase. And we are all quite happy about that.
You said it, Jim! Now, let's get down to the track!

Pretty Picture Provided by freeformscholar
Yoshi Falls lies in a large, crater-like valley at the heart of Yoshi Island, and has long been a tourist destination for its pleasant climate, beautiful foliage, and the namesake waterfalls that flow over high cliffs into a large lake. The course traces the edge of the cliffs, and should provide some exciting racing action!
Drivers start in the RED segment, a broad curve that provides a +1 bonus to Powerslides. Drivers taking the inner path hit a broad Dash Panel for ONE Momentum, but must make a Hazard Check (+2) to avoid falling off the cliff if they Spin Out or Flip. Drivers who fall off the cliff automatically Fall Back.
Most drivers will exit this segment by crossing the bridge, but there is a shortcut available to those able to brave the current! Drivers who choose to take the shortcut MUST have a Mushroom or Star to power through the river current- taking this shortcut grants TWO Momentum on top of any gained from item or path choice.
After Red, Drivers enter PURPLE. Here, the narrower curve provides no benefit or penalty to Powerslides. The outer path takes Drivers across a short bridge with Item Boxes- they are easy to hit (+2) but there are only 3 of them, first come first served!
Drivers taking the inner path hit another Dash Panel for ONE Momentum and are sent flying through the river! Drivers must make a Hazard Check (+2) to avoid being swept off the cliff- if they Spin Out or Flip, they must make another Hazard Check (+1) to stay out of the drink!
From there, Drivers enter BLUE, the home stretch! The broad outer curve provides a +1 bonus on Powerslides and is a safe choice for any racer!
Drivers taking the inner path have the opportunity to snag one of the plentiful (+3) Item Boxes drifting downstream! Drivers must make a Hazard Check (+2) to avoid being swept off the cliff- if they Spin Out or Flip, they must make another Hazard Check (+2) to remain dry!
This will be a 4 lap circuit, with an average finish time of 12 turns. Now, let's meet today's racers, Jim!
Newly signed to a lucrative Sponsorship deal, Mario hopes to 1up his brother Luigi by taking home First Place here at Yoshi Falls! His Kart has a +1 Item Bonus, but unfortunately always seems to find the Bananas on the course- he's not happy about the addition of the Triple Banana, Bob!
Sure isn't, Jim! Next is the Mysterious Mr. L- not much is known of this enigmatic figure, but word has it that his weapons are doctored to be able to disable the safeties on his weapons at will! Nasty business, but he also must contend with the stigma of Banana Magnetism.
The Koopa down there in the green Kart is Oomph, a relatively recent addition to our MKL family. Heeding the advice of his manager Bradley Boo, he will be racing an unmodified Kart today.
Next to him is Bill Ryzer, a veteran and former member of Contra. Ryzer drives the Spread-shot, a Kart with High Acceleration, but a low top speed.
The... uh, man, in the pretty red dress there is Counselor Grimtoad, a foreign dignitary of some kind I am told. The Counselor's Kart is quite speedy, but is easy to push around.
Finally, we have Captain Falcon, a renowned racer and sometime bounty hunter of the collapsed F-Zero league! He brings a wealth of racing experience to MKL, and is well known as a cautious man- his Kart has a Compensator ready for any unfortunate accidents.
The drivers are bringing their Karts to the starting line, and we can get underway... right after these commercial messages!

END WEEK TWO
Nightmare Enterprises +1 Prestige
Mario -1 Coin
Mysterious Mr. L -1 Coin
Oomph -1 Coin
Bill Ryzer -1 Coin
Counselor Grimtoad -1 Coin
Captain Falcon -1 Coin

Spoiler: Theodolus- Silph Co (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nightmare Enterprises (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HFS Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: borno- Pengu Games (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darvi- Waluigiware Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rez Media Corporation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Rocket (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Koopa Korporation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Diamond Software (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hocotate Freight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lakitu Travel Agency (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pappy's Pizza (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nicholas1024 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Scelly9 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gatleos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ExKirby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spinal_Taper (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 10ebbor10 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Luke_Prowler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: freeformscholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MonkeyHead (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Remalle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phantom of the Library (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dirg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
Racer: Red Shy Guy
Module: Speedy

Shy Guy
Module Benefit: Speedy
Module Hiccup: Faulty Weapons

Faulty Weapons is the debuff version of Dirty Weapons, the principle difference being that it cannot be suppressed. If the effect triggers you'll lose 1 Fame and get fined 2 Coin (this fine increases for repeat offenders.) You can race with it, but it's a risk, especially since you don't have any bribe money. Note that you can decide whether or not to install a given Module on a race-by-race basis.

How much money would I start with then? Also, are there any benefits besides being able to sponsor more people from having multiple branches? For example, would I earn more money than other companies?

Starting with a Branch means you lose 1PP (1d6) starting Coin. At this time, the only benefit of having multiple branches is to sponsor more racers.

Modules cannot be resold, although they can be traded between Players.

Does this include selling to players for Coin?  If I can sell it, I might be willing to sell mine.

Anything you players can work out between yourselves is fine by me- swap or sell, makes no difference to the manufacturer.

Finally, 10ebbor10, Luke_Prowler, freeformscholar, Dwarmin, Spinal_Taper, and Phantom of the Library, please submit your action for the start of the race- do you ROCKET START, or PLAY IT SAFE? And remember, with the race underway you have a ~24 hour window in which to post your actions- failure to do so means you Drive Defensively around the Outer Path. Good luck, gentlemen!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:33:10 pm by monk12 »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 13, 2012, 11:41:27 pm »

Link cheers!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 14, 2012, 12:21:20 am »

Excited by the fact he was actually able to get a decent seat for once at these sort of events, db grinned and rooted around the inside of his shell in search of some snacks he snuck into the race. If there was one benefit of being undead, it was all the extra space no longer occupied by such things as important fleshy bits. "Ah can't believe how much my luck has changed after that weird water fountain tried to hug me." he said bringing out a small sack of caramel corn, and a can of Dr.Mario.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 14, 2012, 12:22:53 am »

"I, Vaati the Wind Mage, shall summon a high wind to blow these pitiful fools into the water!  Bwahahaha!"
Try ineffectually to whip up a hurricane.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:52 am »

Despite being the first serious race Captain Falcon has had in a long time, the F-zero pilot looked quite confident. Standing towards his fans in the crowd, he gave a quick salute before shouting "Show me your moves!"

Rocket Start

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 14, 2012, 12:47:07 am »

Bill searched the stands for any of his old friends, tapping his feet on the karts floor. Hearing the captains challenge while he prepares to start with a rocket burst, he grits his teeth and prepares to leave Falcon choking on his exhaust.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 14, 2012, 02:12:57 am »

It was an odd moment of succinctness for Oomph, he cried "Morituri Te Salutamus!", while pressing his ROCKET START button-an extra large, exceedingly red button with an exploding symbol on it.

Action: Rocket Start!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 14, 2012, 05:40:34 am »

"Where's my rocket boost button on this contraption? They didn't have these on the street cars!" Finally finding a large red button, Grimtoad pressed it with vigor.

ROCKET START!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 14, 2012, 06:16:48 am »

((Could anyone explain, please, on everyone below the {hr}, are we all to do something?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 14, 2012, 07:55:38 am »

((I think the HR is the line between corporations above and racers below.))

Crank watched from his box seat.  Tom Nook himself had sent down some VIP tickets for the next race as a "Welcome Aboard" present.  He'd be up against two of these racers in the Star Cup, and Crank knew now would be the best time to study the competition.  Surely anyone advancing would be watching the tapes of his race.

His information on the other racers was mixed.  Everyone knows Mario Mario, and he tended to be good at everything.  Oomph and Grimtoad seemed familiar in a way he didn't understand, almost like a memory he hadn't had yet. He shook off that thought.  Bill and Captain Falcon he didn't know, but the latter had racing experience.  Finally, nobody knew anything about that Mr. L fellow.

This would be an exciting race.  Crank sipped on his Fire Flower and settled back to watch and learn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:43 am »

Shy Guy sat in the stands, enjoying the roar of the crowd and the lighting of the racetrack. He glanced to his left - nobody he knew. He glanced to his right - nobody else.

He giggled silently as he plotted their demise anyway but until then, he stayed silent. Watching the competitors of the race and how their tactics worked out.

It was time to learn once more, to gather information from beneath his mask. He did not want to be hit by a turnip.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:11:38 am by Tiruin »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:52 am »

Cheer for Mario.

Nice to see another race underway. :)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 14, 2012, 11:05:08 am »

"Morituri Te Salutamus!"

The correct quote is "Ave Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant. Using first person multiple implies royality. I'm a plumber, and even I know that.Mario then pushes the Start button, but forgets to shift gear. The engine starts making a growling noise.

Rocket start
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 73